[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In a group of friends >They start talking about something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: funky.png (99KB, 206x437px) Image search: [Google]
funky.png
99KB, 206x437px
>In a group of friends
>They start talking about something important
>I crack a joke
>Alpha Friend turns towards me with a dead fucking serious expression
>"You'll continue to be a fucking loser as long as you play this funny man character of your"

HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW I PLAY A CHARACTER TO CREATE DISTANCE FROM PEOPLE

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
help me robots youre my only hope
>>
A friend of mine told me that too. So I cut all contact with him. Now I truly am lonely
>>
>>26259144
Then, how about not saying retarded jokes when people are talking about something serious?
>>
>>26259328
How about not discussing gender politics in a bar table
>>
>>26259144
if only you had chosen that moment to be alpha and cracked him in the jaw

don't let the next one slip away
>>
>>26259275
>>26259349

I just told my friend "You don't deserve to see the real me", and he got really upset. He started cursing like crazy, and told me I'd be a fucking loser for life beacuse he gets chicks while I can't take anything serious.

It was very weird. I've never seen him get this upset about anything before. I've know him for 8 years now.
>>
That's when you lay an elbow into his temple and say "my funny bone was itching" as he twitches on the floor like a fish out of water, slowly slipping into a permanent coma.
>>
Normies always have this social setup.

There is the best friend(s) of the Alpha friend.

There is the butt-monkey of the group.

There is the funny guy of the group.

There is that one who agrees with everybody and laugh at every joke(no matter how shitty it is).

The guy who just shows up who is not really a friend and everyone just tolerates him, but hey; the more the merrier.

There is the female of the group who is mostly the Alpha friend's gf or just the general cocksleeve.

If you choose the break away from one of these roles you will face backlash from within said group.
>>
>>26259423
I didn't break anything though. I've always been the "funny one" that doesn't take anything seriously. I just didn't expect anyone to realize it, and snap at me for it.
>>
>>26259344
Why not?

fuck off robot and your fucking original comments
>>
>>26259423
>The guy who just shows up who is not really a friend and everyone just tolerates him, but hey; the more the merrier.
Yeah, I was this guy
It was an asian guy that was the butt-monkey

It wasn't so bad looking back, except that if I wasn't there at the moment they made plans to do something I wouldn't be invited
>>
>>26259423
Oh, I almost forgot. There is also the gamer "geek" guy who knows and talks about all about the "nerd" things even if it's pleb taste. He's usually laughed at by group but always mistakes it for laughing with him.
>>
>>26259472
What was the joke exactly?
>>
>>26259380
yeah man that's a strange situation.
>>
thats when you bust him in the jaw. no joke
>>
>>26259144
He used mangeyko shareyourgan read your mind.
>>
>>26259475
I just wanted to get drunk and shoot the shit, and this friend of mine that majored in history started going on and on about gender and race politics, so I cracked a joke about how he didn't know what he was talking about.

He just looked at me and started going on and on aout how I'm a loser and I'll continue to be, and how I'll probably ignore everything he was saying and I'll be a loser forever.

I believe his exact words were.

>You know, I don't mind this stupid character of yours. Hell, I enjoy it, but you do know that this is the reason you're a fucking failure, and the reason you're still alone to this day, right? You can't take anything seriously in your life.

That's when I told him he didn't deserve to see the real me, and then he got really pissed and started cursing before everyone else calmed him down.

I didn't really get pissed or angry, but it as surprising that someone can clearly see how I'm playing an absurd character in social situations.
>>
>>26259380
Similar thing happened to me. My friend told me I "build up walls so no one knows the real me" to which I responded with "does anyone really want to know the autistic weeaboo who fantasizes about 2D girls, or would they rather know that I'm the guy that says funny racy things sometimes?".
Now since I "build up walls" my friend never knew the autistic side of me and he got really...offended I guess. He started questioning why I would even watch that stuff or say that it was all for kids and that liking 2D girls was weird and I should feel ashamed.
So I just cut him out. It's better this way I think. If you aren't confident in showing your "true side" to people then dont, and if they don't like that (also because they wouldn't like your true side anyways) then fuck em.
Just my 2 cents I guess
>>
>>26259569
>gender and race politics
You were in for nothing but trouble with people involved in that. Friend or not.
>>
>>26259569
>majored in history
>seriously talks about gender / race
>attempts to cut you down with armchair psychology

Time for a new friend anon
>>
File: 1453557205956.png (544KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453557205956.png
544KB, 640x480px
>>26259144

Doesn't this alpha friend know you anon? I just don't see the reason for any surprise you felt.

His statement was just a popular meme though, can you prove that he really KNEW that you consciously played a character as an active policy of being?
>>
File: 1454443338511.jpg (69KB, 634x505px) Image search: [Google]
1454443338511.jpg
69KB, 634x505px
>>26259569
>You know, I don't mind this stupid character of yours. Hell, I enjoy it, but you do know that this is the reason you're a fucking failure, and the reason you're still alone to this day, right? You can't take anything seriously in your life.

Who the hell talks like this?
Sounds like a fucking nick@nite soap opera bully.
>>
>>26259144
That's fucked up.

Anyway, find friends who are into fighting games or DnD or something. The more serious they are about the hobby, the better friends they will make. Some of the best friends I've met were people who were really serious about a hobby.
>>
>>26259581
It's just, it was weird. Lately, I've been reading into soem PUA shit, and I've decided to try and take control more.

This friend of mine is used to be the "alpha" of the group, so this evening I decided to "take charge". I noticed how angry he got halfway through the evening. He said something like "The only one who finds anon attractive is his grandma", and I guess he expect me to play along since I've always done self-depreciating humour, but instead I just said "Not really, your mom and your sister loved me last night". He got really upset. Like, phisically so.

I don't know if that had anything to do with his outburst later, but it was so weird. All night he was trying to give me much more shit, and I kept giving him shit. It kept escalating.

I don't know if he got angry and decided to use something personal to get to me, but I'm not really upset at what he said. I'm upset at how he said it. It was a clear "I'm better than you" statement.
>>
>>26259144
sounds like he's pretty butthurt
>>
>>26259144
>HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW I PLAY A CHARACTER TO CREATE DISTANCE FROM PEOPLE
>>26259380
>It was very weird. I've never seen him get this upset about anything before. I've know him for 8 years now.

>>26259569
>That's when I told him he didn't deserve to see the real me, and then he got really pissed and started cursing before everyone else calmed him down.

Is this "funny character" recent in your relationship with you or did you always do it when you first met him for the past 8 years?
>>
>>26259569
>majors in history

I'm majoring in history too, but at least i have cool teachers who don't give two fucks about liberal bullshit and just present objective facts to the best of their ability.

He was probably just trying to get in some girls pants
>>
>>26259581
He's right, though. If you had "shown your true side" without coming off as a fucking autist, you'd find people who are also weaboos without being autists.

Basically, once someone gets to know me well enough, I just joke around about waifus and depending on their reaction I continue to be friends with them or not. If they don't react negatively to it, I keep being friends and gradually test the waters until I come out with being an anime watching weeb who has a waifu.

If they react negatively the first time I joke about waifus (or any other time after that) I sort of ease down on the friendship I have with that person.

Basically, I never consider someone a "friend" until they know and accept the real me. Everything up to that is me just joking around about the matter and seeing how shocked they are.
>>
>>26259655
simple animal behavior, the alpha felt threatened by the beta and tried keeping you in line
>>
>>26259706
>Is this "funny character" recent in your relationship with you or did you always do it when you first met him for the past 8 years?

I've always done it. To be honest, that's how I go about life. I realize it's a problem since it's something I do to keep people away, but the way he pointed it out, seemed to be out of malice, not good will to help me, or give me advice.

>>26259708
He scores a new day nightly. He is really attractive, and I'm a fucking loser, but this was the first time he used it against me. It caught me by surprise to be honest.
>>
>>26259761
How does being funny keep people away?

I do the funny guy thing in school and people like to have me around for the occasional joke.
>>
Kill him, anon. Take a knife and stab him in the throat repeatedly.
>>
>>26259761
Maybe he has great homo lust for you.
>>
>>26259813
I'm 22 and I've been doing it since high school since I grew up fat and it was a way to be accepted.

I guess it kind of became pathological. Now I really can't take things seriously anymore.
>>
>>26259836
I mean it was some gender race thing right? That sounds fucking stupid to talk about.

Would you make a joke if he was talking about how his mom died?
>>
>>26259761
have you considered the fact that he is most likely incredibly insecure. Sounds like he was threatened by you standing up for yourself. Also sounds like he sleeps with a lot of women for validation. I certainly do the later.
>>
>>26259655
>>26259761
You threaten his authority and control over the group. You made it even worse when you told him about this "real you" stuff. He probably thinks he has a double agent like thing going on. How can he be the alpha when he doesn't even know the motives if the ones he's "in charge" of?
>>
>>26259899
Judging from OP's descriptions he's got an alpha body but a really beta personality. No true alpha would be ramble about gender/race and then lash out like a child.
>>
>>26259877
>I mean it was some gender race thing right? That sounds fucking stupid to talk about.

He takes it very seriously for some reason

>Would you make a joke if he was talking about how his mom died?

No I wouldn't. But I would if it was a story about how his mom almost died.

>>26259883
It kind of felt like that. He was never this aggresive in all these years. It was bizarre in a way. By the end of the night he had reverted back to his usual self and kept telling me how much he "cares about me"
>>
>>26259950
Sounds like he's got his own problems and is just lashing out.

You sound like a pretty chill guy OP. I'm glad you're not letting what he said get to you. Should use him for grill / party connections.
>>
I guess I just don't want to admit that I might hate this friend of mine. We've known each other for so long, but it's cleat I dislike and can't respect him, and he thinks he is better than me.

We've been brothers for a long time, even though we're completely different. Now I feel like I fucked up for trusting him. I told hima while ago, in a rare moment where I lower my guard, that I felt stuck in rut, as if I wasn't accomplishing anything with my life. It feels like he used that against me.

I think this might be it for us.
>>
>>26260153
desu senpai I was like him at one point. I was really arrogant and felt like I was better than everyone. When anyone ever said anything negative I'd cut them down by going straight for the thing I knew would hurt them most.

In retrospect it stemmed from insecurity. He's not a guy you want to keep around. He might be useful for connections and party invites (the objective being to wonder off, hang out with others at the party, and make new friends). Then you can cut him off.
>>
>>26259569
>That's when I told him he didn't deserve to see the real me,

epic. :) I enjoyed that.
>>
>>26260272
>In retrospect it stemmed from insecurity.

It's just, that makes sense, but it seems so weird. I always saw him as the alpha that gets a bunch of girls and takes charge at all times.

Even though over the past few months I've been losing respect for him, this is the first time I've looked at him as vulnerable.

>>26260436
Those weren't the actual words I used anon.
>>
>>26259144
lol no offence but alpha guys of the group can only say that type of dumb stuff when other people can not hear, if everybody heard him say that it would make him look bad, dont forget that. Yeah they will say things to you one on one to undermine your confidence. Do not listen. Its not about being alpha its just about being a human being, dont listen to that shit just made a joke back, he will piss himself if he already thinks talking like that will work.
>>
>>26260513
I never realized Alphas could be so insecure and childish
>>
>>26260464
It sounds like he has good looks and is cocky, but that doesn't make him a real alpha. Real alpha bros don't need to shit on others to validate themselves. Men are alpha because their achievements, behavior, and attitude command respect from those around them and they don't have to validate themselves to anyone.
>>
>>26260626
Yeah its almost as if humans normally are not fucking apes in a pen, they only get like that in groups especially if your young. It works at time. They can dominate a situation and seem oh so cool and the leader to any girls around because yes they think that way. To adult human beings if there are no girls around the second he tries to use the word loser on you you laugh in his fucking face.
>>
>>26260626
They are usually as insecure and childish as a typical attractive women. It's because they have sheltered lives which limits their capacity for emotional depth and capability for dealing with intellectual challenges.
>>
>>26260740
This. The most Alpha guy i've ever known was incredibly humble and never put anyone down or engaged in junk politics.
>>
>>26260769
>It's because they have sheltered lives which limits their capacity for emotional depth and capability for dealing with intellectual challenges.

This defines him perfectly. He always think he is 100% right about everything, and gets extremelly aggresive whenever someone challenges him.
>>
File: 1454563733533.jpg (865KB, 1717x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1454563733533.jpg
865KB, 1717x1145px
>>26259344
>gender politics
>important
why do you even associate with these people
i feel no sympathy for you whatsoever
tell him to go fuck himself and stop talking to him
>>
OP who are these friends? Who is this "Alpha"?

The second anybody calls you a loser, they have lost any type of respect they can get from you. You do not have to play kiddie games if there is no goal or reason. If there is a girl you want, play it cool, because the second he freaks out infront of her he looks bad. Just laugh.

If there is no girl you like around or anything you need to find something better to do with your time or your gay.
>>
>>26260885
I've known him for nearly 10 years now, and this is the first time he's been this angry and aggresive towards me though.

I do get what you're saying anon, and I don't intend to take any shit from him. Not today, and not ever.
>>
>>26259144
you're confusing the external structure of a joke for the interior content of a joke.

I can try to explain what a conversation is using stupidly flowery and at the same time reasonably concrete language if you're as autism as you seem
>>
File: 1453785846530s.jpg (4KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1453785846530s.jpg
4KB, 250x140px
>The feels wheb none of my friends realise im putting up walls and using a facade.
>>
>>26259423
>>normies

>>high schoolers

yeah this guy is actually wrong. relationships are way more complex once you leave high school.
>>
>>26260962
People seeing through you is fucking awful though. I mean, I never wanted anyone to realize I was putting walls up on purpose.
>>
Being gamma is a weird fucking existence. Traditionally "alpha" or "beta-trying to overthrow" males always try to outdo you and get really fucking upset when you don't care. Keep doing you, OP, you ballin.
>>
>>26259569
that's it man, you're actually out of the group.

sorry to be the one to break it to you. but you're done. you can go back and hang out with them as often as you want, but the fact that he opened up about something that he felt was important and you shut him down by insulting his intelligence and then said that he didn't deserve to know the real you?

wow

they're in their facebook group chat talking shit about you RIGHT NOW
>>
>>26260913
Good then, first start by stop calling him alpha. Like this thread is so gay. You are obsessing over some guy who calls you a failure and a loser. HE IS A GUY.
>>
>>26261001
I know your post is kind of in jest but

>they're in their facebook group chat talking shit about you RIGHT NOW

One of our common friends reacted to his comment by looking at me and saying "I know it's surprising to hear something you didn't expect, but it's the truth", as though they had talked about it before.
>>
>>26259144

It's obvious he has a cool guy character he puts on if he's so quick to assume people have their own characters.
>>
>>26261044
Eh, I was talking in archetypes I believed we filled (and I wa clearly wrong).

And I'm not obsessing. I don't care about his comment. I just found the intent behind it petty and immature. I'm not in high school anymore
>>
>>26260995
Pic was related. Not realising he is smiling in the pic. Real talk though im so smooth about it no one could know. I give people advice regularly but inside im actaully a wreck
>>
>>26261048
Yeah sorry Anon but you're a pity friend :/

Honestly if they're truly your friends wait for them to invite you out, I get the feeling they only invite you places when you know they're going.
>>
>>26259144
Maybe he's upset because you've known each other for so long and he was expecting to see more of the real you, like he thought you guys were close enough for that.
>>
>>26261112
Mfw i realise im probably a pity friend and i also pity all my friends its a endless cycle. If it was up to me i wouldnt have any friends. I love being alone but i have to keep the societal norms going.
>>
>>26259752
>simple animal behavior, the tapeworm drains energy from the wolf
>>
>>26261112
>Yeah sorry Anon but you're a pity friend :/

Yeah I reached the same conclusion. Sucks but I'll manage it. I've been through worse.

>>26261130
We never talked about our personal lives, and aspirations and shit. That's a line we just didn't cross, even after so long. It's weird, but it's how it is.
>>
>>26261172
10 years a fucking long time to know and hang out with someone. You say that you haven't actually gotten close to him and maybe that's the problem. I don't know this alpha friend of yours but if he's been your friend for 10 years maybe he's expecting some kind of emotional investment from you. Hell, you said he got visibly upset right? I think that shows he wants to get to know you and that calling you a loser isn't to put you down, but to crack open your shell.
>>
File: 1387232559986.jpg (176KB, 475x561px) Image search: [Google]
1387232559986.jpg
176KB, 475x561px
>>26259344

>discussing gender politics at all
>let alone at a bar

Uh yeah, call him a faggot and cut contact.

Give us details. What did they say, what was your joke, etc.
>>
>>26261048
dude, i'm not joking. screencap this conversation and come crying back to us in a month
>>
>>26261053
nah, all his other friends talked about he obviously puts on a funny guy characer.

OP: best thing you can do. Host a dinner. do a bit of meta-humor by overdressing and only talking seriously about things, but that's the only joke. get them to understand that you're sorry about the way you've been acting, and that you really want to learn.

because there's something that they're doing that you're not doing, and you're using your jokes to avoid it.

You know it's true.

it sucks that someone hurt you when you were younger. but fuck them, these are the people you have now. and they don't have to keep you.

show them that you can be valuable to the collective or you're gone.
>>
>>26260464
oh -_- well, if you wouldve said those exact words it wouldve been epic - in fact ill keep them in mind if i ever encounter this "random event"
>>
>>26259569

You called him out and he cracked immediately. His ad homs only make him look like more of a faggot.

You got into his head without even meaning to and his hissy fit showed him to be weak and sensitive.

Are these pussies SJW's or what?

What exactly was he saying?
>>
File: 1406891054547.jpg (53KB, 440x281px) Image search: [Google]
1406891054547.jpg
53KB, 440x281px
>>26259144
My chad friend that had professed his respect for my intelligence and the fact that i don't care that people think i'm a weird recluse accused me of being jealous of him when i criticized or said something negative about an idea of his.
i'm honestly pissed off and will probably cut this friendship forever.
>>
>>26261493
>What exactly was he saying?

Some shit about how affirmative actions are good because black people have been historically oppressed.

I cracked a joke about how he was opiniated even though his major was in the oh so important field of "Beer History" (It may seem mean spirited, but it's normal banter for us)
>>
>>26261527
the obvious answer was

>>you're jealous of me!

and then draw a picture of a frog in a blanket
>>
>>26261604
I was stunned. I trusted him better than that.
We have had so many deep conversations about stuff like that.
>>
>>26259655
Something similar happened to me, chad friend was smoking pot and i mocked him for laughing at something inane because he was high.
He immediately threw in my face how he fucks bitches and i don't.
I later realized that he was offended at my remarks, he cares about my opinion and was offended that i though lowly of him for being a druggie.
Of course that is no excuse for what he did, i was being insensitive, but he wanted to cut me as deep as he could.
>>
>>26261423
kek look at this bitch-ass nigga. "Invite them over for a three-course meal. Wear a nice three-piece suit, and don't forget the trilby to impress any ladies in attendance. Only by prostrating yourself can you prove your worth to these people who don't give a shit about you."
>>
>>26261092
>but inside im actaully a wreck
Lol, this happens so much. That's why even if the person has an image of me as a centered human being i always give advice with a disclaimer that i won't take responsibility for any results and that it's all just my opinion.
>>
>>26261423
Fuck them. Don't do this monkeying around for them.
Deep connections come with time and through deep conversations, and half the time they are still illusions and you only ever know the truth after some trying time.
>>
>>26259144
>"You'll continue to be a fucking loser as long as you play this funny man character of yours"

He's right. Stop making jokes all the time, get rid of the habitual laugh and make people actually get to know and take you serious.
>>
>>26259761
Is your name Brian?
>>
File: 1454548895593.jpg (71KB, 474x641px) Image search: [Google]
1454548895593.jpg
71KB, 474x641px
>>26259349
this is me
>>26259144
OP for some reason this is one of my favorite threads in a long time, also nice 44 praise kuk
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.