[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain to me how the fuck do I play chords

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (79KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79KB, 750x1334px
Can someone please explain to me how the fuck do I play chords like this? I'm so bad at guitar and don't know any terms for it, I'm trying to teach myself how to play but it's really frustrating.
>>
>>26259063
Do your index and middle fingers like a claw
>>
>>26259084
Index and ring rather. My bad
>>
>>26259063
Mute the fat string with your index finger or thumb
>>
But do I strum all six strings or just those two?
>>
>>26259203
just those two
>>
front bottoms is my favorite band
>>
don't start with that guitar takes the piss for the first couple weeks just go to a site like justinguitar.com.

it's a decent start and helped me. Don't do tabs yet when ur first starting out.
>>
those are called power chords aka babby's first chords. unless the tab has 0's (which means play open) or x (which means mute) then only play the strings with numbers
>>
pinky and index finger
>>
File: PowerChord.jpg (30KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
PowerChord.jpg
30KB, 700x525px
>>26259203
The end of the tab should have an o for open stings and an x for the ones you don't play. Usually with power chords it is just the 2 shown.
>>
>>26259063

You need to use the lower half of your main finger to mute the thinnest strings and use the tip of it to mute the top, thickest string.

I remember when I started learning and it was a bitch, just keep at it for a few weeks and it'll be easy to play these chords
>>
File: IMG_0292.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0292.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>26259063
powerchords senpai

here i'll take a photo for oyu

you can either do thiis

>>26260268
or use two fingers as in an F chord
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.