[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What time period and location should my novel be set in?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1453419816301.jpg (68KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1453419816301.jpg
68KB, 409x409px
What time period and location should my novel be set in?
>>
Depends what its about.
>>
>>26256240

Classical Germany
>>
800ad in an indian tribe with all their brown dicks floppin about like pocahantas but realy gay much more gay than you thought was possible
>>
>>26256247
I'm working backwards from setting. I'm an artist.
>>
>>26256240
Time period doesn't matter all the days blend into one. Location the land of unproductive procrastination and masturbation.
>>
The European Caliphate, 2030
>>
Norway in the midst of the black plague
>>
>>26256240
you're not working on a novel, you're too busy shitposting full-time on r9k and other boards
>>
>>26256346
You're entitled to believe whatever you want, friend. Be well.
>>
>>26256240
billions of years in the future when the last remaining humans have ascended into beings of pure energy and have totally lost the perception of time as we know it.
>>
>>26256240
I had an idea for a story but don't have the skills to write it.

>Colony ship in deep, interstellar space, hundreds of thousands of light years from the nearest galaxy.
>Been travelling fro millions of years
>Ship holds tens of thousands. It is cylindrical in shape. Simulates gravity by centripetal force.
>Ship has 100's of metres of rock as shielding from cosmic rays
>Workers work on the engines and life support (farming) near the core (maximum protection from cosmic rays), where gravity is weakest. They are short and weak, but have strong genetics with a varied gene pool. Make up ~90% of the ship
>Ones on the outer layers of the ship are academics and other non essential jobs. They are stronger due to stronger gravity, but cancer and genetic mutation is very common due to cosmic rays and small gene pool.
>They detect a volcanic rouge planet that they could live on. It is on it's own and doesn't orbit a star
>Will intercept (if they choose to) a year from now
>Workers vote to go to planet because it is better than what they have now
>Outer layer people vote to carry on so that future the human race has a better chance to survive into the far future (they don't know whether humans are still alive elsewhere in the universe since they are so isolated)
>Even though majority vote to go to planet, academics ignore vote and choose to carry on for better planet
>Workers rebel and war breaks out

Not sure how it would end

Has an overbearing theme of whether the needs of the human race as a whole supersede the needs of humans that are alive today.
>>
>>26256577
*Intergalactic space
>>
>>26256577
That actually sounds pretty cool, mang. I could see a seasoned writer making this into a bestseller.
>>
2039, in a world where NEETs have burrowed deep underground and the surface-world is one large city like in Star Wars. It's run by maniacal wagies who have evolved to work 23.5 hours a day (the remaining half hour is used for shitting). The only world they know is to make money for their overlords, while the glorious NEET race waits underground for the inevitable heat death of the surface world. When this happens, the NEETs will emerge from their subterranean lairs, see the sun for the first time in 20 years, and feast upon the dead and dying wagies. Then they will overthrow the evil wagie overlords, thereby fulfilling the prophecy that the meek shall someday inherit the earth.
>>
>>26256240
>2016
>America

Then make your novel about how white women crave the BBC.
>>
>>26256240
1980's San Francisco during the AIDs Epidemic,
>>
>>26256240
>Anything other than the industrial revolution

georgecostanzashiggy.zip
>>
>>26256577
>Book about manlet uprising

I'd totally read that.
>>
>>26256300
>>26256346

Wagies mad now. Wagies mad yesterday. Wagies mad tomorrow.
>>
>>26256240
Charles XII, aka "Carolus Rex".
>>
>>26256240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA3oPpH7KVg
for you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8rOLWWJg4w
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67a5FTa1U1A
>>
Write your own fucking novel, you nigger.
>>
oh fuck i read this wrong
>>26257111
>>26257085
>>26257044
wrong thread reeeee
>>
File: GUS.jpg (72KB, 381x481px) Image search: [Google]
GUS.jpg
72KB, 381x481px
>>26256992
Nah go it should follow Gustavus Adolphus' exploits in Germany during the 30 years war
>>
>>26256911
if im angry i'll just spend money on something nice and cheer myself up. Take the misses out for a nice romantic evening.
>>
>>26256240
Yes my friend. Come home from work and spend your night trying to make autistic kids do heroin.

You are a good guy and they are the losers. Right?
>>
>>26256577
How is a rogue planet liveable? Those things are almost always frigid and not suitable for life.
>>
>>26257291
Opiates are fine in moderation. Its one of the few joys life brings and everyone should experience it at some point.
>>
>>26257296
It's volcanic and has heat near cracks in the crust. They could set up biodomes on the surface near the cracks.

I don't think a planet can be volcanic for long if it's flung from a parent star, but I'm not sure, maybe they can be for a long time.
>>
>>26256577
Fuck, man. Similiar to ideas I have.
>Earth is dying, humans need to find a another planet
>In a sort of Fallout Vault-tec inspired way, companies form various different experimental methods of doing this, including freezing human eggs and sperm and sending a small group of people along with them in hypersleep
>Or building massive self-sustaining ships that will continue life as normal as possible for humans for the following generations during space travel
>Story would center on one of these ships
Continuing...
>>
>>26257327
Not heroin.

Parents need to watch there kids anyway. This is just dumb. They will go to their parents and tell them they want to write a book and do heroin and they dont want a job.

I know it gets you off, but think about why.
>>
>>26257428
>To keep order, everything would have to be extremely organized, with the denizens of the ship living under what would almost be a dictatorship
>Restrictions on most ways of life, just to keep rations going and population at a steady, functioning level
>generations of children are born aboard the ship, a grow under these conditions, not knowing much else
>eventually, they realize that the ship has hundreds of years before even reaching another star
>they were born aboard the ship, and will die on the ship, with restrictions on all freedoms and bo real purpose other than continuing to create more humans to carry on the mission
>this is followed by revolting, total breakdown of social structure, yadda yadda
>>
>>26257524
I've also got others...
>Sometine in the future, robots have taken all but the highest, most-complicated and intelligence-driven jobs
>This leaves basically two seperate ways of human life
>One, the upper-echelon, top ten percent that live in extravagant cities and have nearly all of the wealth and live hundreds of years thanks to advanced medicine and live completely isolated from the rest of man
>Two, the humans that beyond the city walls in shanty-towns in a near wasteland
>Those that live inside the city are terrified about what lies beyond and it is kept mostly in secret from them
>This is followed by those that live beyond forming gangs, trying to break in, or some kid trying to break out to see what is beyond similiar to The Giver or whatever...
Go ahead and steal my ideas, they will likely never see fruition any other way
>>
1840s Chile.
>>
>>26256577
You could make it some communist propoganda, since the 90% have the means of production (farms and life support)
>>
>>26257410
I don't believe so. I'm fairly certain that most of that volcanic energy comes initially from a star. Granted if they're a space faring people they could have the ability to start nuclear fusion perhaps and provide power to live for a while but that's not incredibly sustainable if they haven't got mass to keep using.
>>
>>26256240
If the grammar of your post is any indication of what's to come, your novel will be riddled with errors.
>>
An alternate history Old West in the aftermath of a failed American Revolution. And time-traveling robots, r9k robots.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.