[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you seriously ever contemplated writing a book? If yes,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: can't wake up.jpg (1MB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
1MB, 1000x1504px
Have you seriously ever contemplated writing a book?

If yes, about what?

And what is the core idea you want to express?
>>
Yes.
It deals with the absurdity of power structures.
>>
I was a writer for a low budget TV comedy.

Wrote a dystopia about America in the near future. It's way down the list on Amazon but gets good reviews.

The idea was about how absurd America is becoming.

Also have written 14 erotic novels under a nom de plume that sell pretty well. Make $2k a month from them.

The core idea is to take money from degenerates who masturbate to such things.
>>
>>26251843
Contemplated about writing a book or screenplay. But I couldn't come up with an original story.
>>
A Novel set in the 2030s where leftists and progressivists defend rapists and pedophiles in court because it's "their sexual choice". Satirical novel about how blind social progression for the sake of 'progress' and nothing more is dumb.
>>
Dude, I'm too lazy to write long 4chan posts
>>
>>26251892
what are the erotic novels?
>>
>>26251991
>50 shades of BLACKED
>>
I wanted to write a book inspired by a rough relationship with my mother. Turns out it's the movie Terms of Endearment.
>>
It is easier to conceive than to create.

I feel as though I would never be able to do justice to the ideas I'd like to express, though I've always wanted to write some book borrowing from Roman history with the essence of historical figures transplanted into our "modern" democratic systems. How power and control among men and the constant battle between virtue and vice in the individuals who achieve those powers hasn't really changed much even if we like to think of ourselves as more sophisticated and socially evolved.

Just taking the piss out of representative democracy and the essence of power.
>>
File: psychoanalysis_of_women.png (687KB, 546x763px) Image search: [Google]
psychoanalysis_of_women.png
687KB, 546x763px
>>26251873
Please elaborate.

What's your perspective?
And do you think the power is absurd for the one who has it as well??

>>26251892
Written from which perspective?

>>26251894
If you have no idea, what is it that's driving you to do it?

>>26251907
Set where?
>>
>>26251935
Yup. This site has destroyed my attention span and just made me super lazy in general.
>>
>>26251991

Run of the mill paranormal erotica. Two sci-fi erotica novels turning into a series.
>>
>>26252066
>if you have no idea...
I am a literature and film enthusiast. I enjoy them so much I thought why don't I take a crack at this. Then I realized I couldn't formulate a decent idea/plot that could last long enough for either medium. So I haven't attempted but still wish I could so I could become even more connected to literature or film.
>>
File: ER.png (149KB, 656x639px) Image search: [Google]
ER.png
149KB, 656x639px
>>26252102
What movies do you like?
>>
I'm writing a book about modern romance dynamics. I actually take a lot of stuff from this board, pick up artist forums, tinder stats and other techy romance places. It's coming together nicely. It's also a memoir. I'm using personal life events to help frame out the information in a digestible fashion. The theme of the whole story is that romance is not as beautiful as people say it. I doubt there's a market for such a novel. I'll shop it around once it's done. Started in November, have 15,000 words. I expect it to be around 90-100,000 words. I have no idea when I'll finish it. Maybe the fall?

>>26252064
Creating is easy. It requires you to know it's not going to be perfect the first time around. I
>>
>>26252132
Right now I've hit a classics phase where I'm watching stuff in TCM and lots of stuff from 1930's to ~1980. But I'd say I mostly like "dramas" but that's really broad. I really like either emotional movies with strong dialogue or something in the vein of a psychological thriller.
>>
File: today-Michel-Houellebecq.png (100KB, 472x476px) Image search: [Google]
today-Michel-Houellebecq.png
100KB, 472x476px
>>26252137
I'd like to read it, give me a reference to your contacts or a title to look out for
>>
>>26251843
my miserable fucking life.
gonna stick with short prose stuff though, dont have the motivation to write that long.
>>
File: Enemy.jpg (426KB, 1651x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Enemy.jpg
426KB, 1651x2100px
>>26252236
What's the gain for the reader?
>>
>>26252228
Title is a work in progress. The Love Rebel is what it is now. It'll probably change.
>>
>>26252132
Holy shit anon I hope you didn't write this garbage.
>>
yea a book with statistic exercises

i teach some dumbass students to make some money and i often realise they need some exercises that show them how stats work

quite boring, i guess
>>
I want to capture the struggle for millennials who are lost in life with no purpose.
>>
>>26252355
Just fill a bunch of pages with the words ENNUI and ANHEDONIA

Aimlessly young adults love words like that.
>>
>>26252325
>he doesn't recognize Elliot Rodger's poorly written manifesto
>>
>>26252066
Definitely set in the United States. Fuck the social justice culture that is developing here
>>
>>26252355
>what is American Psycho
>>
>>26252284
the uplifting realization that they like their lives
>>
>>26252355
Is there actually money in this or nah?
>>
>>26252443
I think you mean the other one, "Rules of Attraction"
>>
No but if I did it would be just me going off on a bunch of tangents and having an existential crisis.
>>
No, but I'm working on a couple screenplays. One is a coming of age story set on an unnamed earth like planet and chronologically bouncing between the protagonist's second semester of senior year in high school and first semester in college. Though the protagonist does come of age, he doesn't succeed in his pursuits, and I really want to examine how we are nothing but the product of our situation and experience and how that shapes our world-view and can be that primary cause for our failures. Essentially, he loses because he never knew how to win. I also really want to make a point on the ironically universal quality of isolation. The setting serves no purpose other than to showcase this and to allow for some plot devices that otherwise couldn't be used, particularly the first date the protagonist goes on with the girl he ultimately gets into a codependent and volatile relationship.

The second one is a buddy cop film about two public transit "security" guys. It's not nearly as fleshed out and my comedy writing sucks as of now but I also want to use it to make a point on modern race relations (one of the transit officers is white and the other is black) and how much black and white people misunderstand each other and how both groups are often inadvertently racist as a means of self-preservation and should be understood rather than demonized, but I doubt /r9k/ would like that one at all.
>>
I was inspired by Kafka's 'Metamorphosis' to write a book about a guy who wakes up and discovers that he no longer has an asshole. Unwilling to face the shame of going to the doctor, he struggles with the pain of being unable to shit and experiments with various ways to deal with it (religion, drugs, prostitutes). I got halfway through and then decided the idea was too juvenile and "lol randumm".
>>
File: kuroki12.jpg (39KB, 998x720px) Image search: [Google]
kuroki12.jpg
39KB, 998x720px
>>26252325
>>26252325
>calling the supreme gentleman's manifesto garbage

My Twisted World should be required reading to post on here
>>
>>26253105
Even if you agree with the ideas, anyone with more than an 8th grade education can see that it's extremely poorly written.
>>
>>26253105
Stop avatarfagging

It's against the rules, you autistic prick
>>
>>26253105
It still reads like a retarded toddler wrote it.
>>
>>26251843
A book where an important government official in a dystopian future finds out that is daughter is dying of a supposedly "incurable" disease. He knows that the government has a cure, but he's not high ranking or well-liked enough to get it.
The situation ends with him joining forces with several fugitives wanted by the government and they set out to find the cure and discredit the government.
There's a general malaise in society because the people are doped up and just accept everything they hear from the government as truth. The disease that afflicts the man's daughter is one that's essentially gone unchecked for decades since it's effectively stopped society from becoming overpopulated, which is why the cure isn't widespread.
Anyhow, the group is convinced that getting the truth out will wake the people from their malaise and after an arduous struggle they finally manage to get some documents out there which raises society's suspicion for its government.
With the people's suspicions awakened (and despite two of the four members of the group dying), the remaining two people, the man and his possible love interest set out to find the cure. After a considerable amount of digging they the secret lab where the cure is supposedly kept. The pair covertly enter the lab, find the cure, and find the unpleasant truth. The government was responsible for concocting the disease in the first place (the proof is in the form of lab videos, tests, etc). It is then that they are discovered. The man barely escapes and the woman with him is killed. The man resolves to cure his daughter and reveal the truth to the world. On his way to the hospital with the cure a homeless vagrant mugs and then shoots him. The man dies, the vial with the cure shatters, and the documents are thrown away (the vagrant rifled through the man's belongings).

I think most of what I'd write would have an ending where everything that happened was for nothing,
>>
A story about a gigantic space ship traveling towards a distant planet that looks habitable. It's interior has all resources and the space inside to keep humans alive in there for over thousands of generations, until the time eventually comes, and we'll arrive and see what creatures might be living the new world.
>>
>>26253537
I like the ideas and even the conclusion of having it all be for nothing but having it be a random homeless dude is a serious slap in the face to the reader/viewer. I think you could come up with a better way to have him killed off and his work made pointless. Also shoehorning a romance into this seems a little forced.
>>
File: you are here.jpg (66KB, 228x219px) Image search: [Google]
you are here.jpg
66KB, 228x219px
I was working on a second person narrative horror-ish/mystery sort of book that I titled "You Are Here" when I was in secondary school. Didn't get anywhere near finishing it.

Here's the first bit if anyone's curious to read it:
http://pastebin.com/WnSP0TYW
>>
File: smug_reader.jpg (13KB, 172x292px) Image search: [Google]
smug_reader.jpg
13KB, 172x292px
>>26252465
huh

>>26253537
your plot twist is a minor one, I don't get why the story would be so thrilling desu. But I like the futility and the ending.
Also, I posted your idea here
>>>/lit/7661043
>>
File: sadface.jpg (18KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.jpg
18KB, 291x343px
I've always wanted to write a short story / light novel about the pedophile detectives. They have to go undercover to uncover a pedo syndicate but to catch a pedo they have to become a pedo.

I used to think about writing something about were wolves. I would call it "we're wolves" but it turns out some new zealand film company is already working on that.
>>
I am a playwright. I have written many short and that have been staged (no money though). My only complete full length play is about retreating from this empty life into a world of cheap B movies all while trying to find some real meaning. Upon learning that there is none, the protagonist fully embraces nothingness and severed all ties to the real world.

I am working on 3 other full length plays and I also write screenplays but don't have any actually done.
>>
I'd write a story where a bunch of degenerates spend their time doing drugs, seeking enlightenment, etc. and within the story would be a series of dialogues in which the degenerates discuss seemingly innocuous subjects like "quality", "truth", and morality.At some point during the discussion one of the degenerates believes he has stumbled upon truth. Given the fact that he's the lead degenerate (i.e. most drugged up/most "thoughtful") his idea is given credence. So together the clan of degenerates hijacks a radio station to broadcast lead degenerate's idea. His idea is not profound nor is it particularly unique (think something an edgy high schooler would think of). The degenerates all get killed by the police for hijacking the station/holding people hostage (basically like the movie Airheads but with a darker ending), and no fucks are given.
>>
I had an idea knocking around about a dispassionate soul in the bowels of a megacity slum.

A young man who is animated only by his disdain for all things human, especially and most egregiously against the systems of control that leave him isolated and stagnant in the inescapable conurbation that seem to sprawl over the entire earth.

He lives off the crumbs of productive society with cons, petty theft, pick pocketing, odd jobs or anything to keep from being forced to integrate into society at large and becoming another useful schmuck responsible for upholding the very systems he despises. His disgruntled apathy is inflamed into violent indignation when his obstinacy gets him roughed up a short tempered officer and nursing his personal injuries in isolation festers into a hunger for revenge.

Possessing no useful skills and not being the most imaginative schemer, his crusade consists of minor inconveniences. Disturbing traffic. Breaking windows. Keying cars, graffiti and distributing posters ridiculing government officials and institutions. While hanging these posters around the city on a childish whim he pushes a stray cinderblock down from an overpass onto the traffic below and inadvertently causes an accident which by chance results in the fatality of a high-ranking official's family member and a stack of his posters discovered at the scene makes him an enemy of the state.

His petulant acting out is spun by press releases as the work of an organized conspiracy. The city uses the incident to crack down on the most undesirable citizens under the auspices of rooting out a vast underground network of terrorists and anarchists. His beliefs are reinforced but he is now more impotent than ever. The very things that birthed his hatred have only become more egregious because of his actions, and now he is caught in a game of cat and mouse with the entire resources of the state are arrayed against him.
>>
>>26253682
The romance wouldn't necessarily be there, but there would be some link between the remaining two characters in the group. Something that makes him/her dying more significant to the main character than the initial culling that occurred within the group.

>>26253804
I like long, drawn-out stories that have a fuck you ending where it was all for nothing. Admittedly my best idea/subject I've written about was a short story that was a Plato's Cave adaptation.
>>
>>26254843
Is that the ending? What else happens? That's really good anon
>>
>>26251843
I wanted to write some kind of Stephen King esq horror on the school system. Something really brutal and disturbing and entirely based on reality.

I wrote 10K words of disjoint parts but it was pretty shit with no real overarching plot. Maybe one day.
>>
So the story I've been working on is essentially the same premise of Huck Finn, but everybody is gay.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.