[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 28 years old and starting college in September B-Better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: 1444127889139.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1444127889139.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>tfw 28 years old and starting college in September
B-Better late than never...?
>>
>>26245063
yup! good for you anon. do well
>>
File: 1445838480705.jpg (12KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
1445838480705.jpg
12KB, 367x202px
>>26245063
Same here OP, same age too but started this winter.

Actually made 1 friend already, a 26 yr old hungry skeleton who was former neet.
We were discussing today if these 19-22 yr old cuties would even consider dating a 28 yr old college student...

I guess probably not.
>>
>>26245100
Forgot to mention going into accounting, cozy neet job with numbers and almost guaranteed career for the next decade. (IF I DON'T DROP OUT)
>>
You won't even be the oldest there OP, don't sweat it.

>>26245100
Young liberals with daddy issues? Of course they would.
>>
>>26245098
masha babko
>>
>>26245098
Why force yourself into a trade that will be equally as disinteresting? I tried forcing myself down the millwright path, could not get myself to enjoy it or care
>>
>>26245063
>go to college at 18
>you're an adult man who wakes up, goes to class, comes home

>go to college at 22

>go to college at 28

>go to college at 32

Why do you think being a little older makes any difference whatsoever? You're still the same you who doesn't know anything

Do you think having older skin or more stubble affects how much you do or don't know or the way people won't give a shit about you?
>>
>>26245126
In theory that was my thought too. But I fear they will think I am like "ewww you're starting to bald and you could be my dad!"
Or just automatically be labelled a loser for starting college a decade too late.

I'm just making excuses to talk to them at this point as you can see.
>>
>>26245149
If you're noticeably old looking and balding at 28 clearly your genetics are cucked plus probably not taking care of yourself
>>
File: GOBwithaJOB.jpg (27KB, 555x305px) Image search: [Google]
GOBwithaJOB.jpg
27KB, 555x305px
>>26245160
Just a receding hairline like pic.
I'm ottermode and bathe regularly, surely I'm not a monster to them...
>>
>>26245063
i know people that went at age 45 it's never too late anon
>>
I'm 26 and started college last year. Luckily everyone thinks i'm like 19 or something because apparently I look young for my age.

Maybe also because I don't act all broken down like the rest of the mid-20 somethings.
>>
>>26245223
But they are the laughing stock of the class though enjoy kids whispering and laughing at you.
>>
I'm 29 and pretty much given up hope, I don't know what I'm going to do.
>>
>>26245234
That doesn't fucking matter
>>
>>26245250
if you know you can do the course there's no reason to give up hope anon, what do you want to go to college for?
>>
>>26245301
he's just mad because he knows he wont go to college.
>>
File: 500px-Shinobu.jpg (15KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Shinobu.jpg
15KB, 500x281px
>>26245063
>tfw no older college senpai
>tfw no friends at all
>>
>>26245100
100% they absolutely would, though they expect older dudes to be good in bed
>>
>>26245865
>death gripped my dick for a decade fapping to hentai
>would probably last hours with some loose college girl
>>
>>26245063
you'll be classmates with babies
>>
>>26246163
And you can fug those babbies :^)
>>
>>26245843
that's sad mr. roboto
>>
>going to college after 23

You're not going to make any friends because of the age gap you'll have with most of the student body. Most people start their career in their early twenties after finishing college, you'll be competing with people younger and more experienced than you in whatever job you want and employers will expect more of you because of you age.
>>
>>26245063
Good for you anon. I'm only 22 and I was feeling like shit because I'm still a junior in credits and I had to go from uni to CC after getting dismissed for shitty grades last semester. I know its not like your situation, but you still give me inspiration.

Best of luck to you, OP. Were going to make it.
>>
i'm 29 and may end up going to college

i look like i'm 20 years old though so i just need to lie about my age
>>
>>26247368
I'd say 25 is the cutoff, not 23. Still, you don't go to college just to make friends (even though connections do matter, but OP can still make good new connections easily by taking advantage of internships and other opportunities).
>>
28 here starting college in 1 month for the first time.

I'm actually looking forward to it and hope I do well.

If all goes well I plan on doing another degree after this. The longer I stay in school = the longer I don't have to get a job :~)
>>
>>26245098
>learn a trade instead

stupid nig. you have to know someone in the trades to get a job there
>>
>>26247368
america sure sucks
>>
>>26245098
Classic meme. I mean its good for the rest of us students, but I feel like its worthwhile to expose this dumb meme.

I fell for it about a year ago - disillusioned by uni, I thought a trade would be good, just like 4chang says. Then after actually thinking about it, I realised that I'd literally be bored as fuck and intellectually under stimulated, not.to mention I would not fit in at all. Tradespeople are a different social class to students/grads. Its not elitism, its fact. Its like the difference between Americans and Germans - cultural boundaries. Unless you're willing to give up your culture you won't fit in with tradespeople and feel like an alienated piece of shit.

Anyway tl;dr get a nice degree, make sure you work towards a vocation, but also learn as much as you can and you'll feel great and fulfilled. Please don't fall for this stupid tradesposter meem.
>>
>>26245063
>B-Better late than never...?
Yes. There were a couple 29 year olds back in college and they were pretty chill, I didn't honestly even know they were older until they said.

There were even a few 40, 50 year olds.

Think about whether college is actually worthwhile though.
>>
>>26247616
>I fell for it about a year ago - disillusioned by uni, I thought a trade would be good, just like 4chang says. Then after actually thinking about it, I realised that I'd literally be bored as fuck and intellectually under stimulated, not.to mention I would not fit in at all. Tradespeople are a different social class to students/grads. Its not elitism, its fact. Its like the difference between Americans and Germans - cultural boundaries. Unless you're willing to give up your culture you won't fit in with tradespeople and feel like an alienated piece of shit.

Yep.

I worked with my father for 5 years, he is an electrician.

It's a completely different environment, I didn't fit in at all. Even with the other trades people who were younger like me, I still felt like they were from another world.

I also had a friend who is a massive computer video gaming nerd, who thought he could become a BUILDER and dropped out of university. I told him he would not fit in with the crowd and he didnt believe me........yeah he last like 2 weeks lol.
>>
Op I know a dude who's 29 at uni and he's friends with everyone. Literally nobody gives a fuck about age. There's a guy who looks about 50 in one of my classes. You'd have to be a major autistic to even consider ripping on someone because of their age for being at uni. It means nothing.
>>
>>26247656
Lol yep. I lasted ONE DAY working in a warehouse. One fucking day. It really pit my position into perspective, and I value the education I have (and am going though) a lot more after that shit.
>>
>>26247656
What do you mean by fitting in. Give some exact examples.
>>
>>26245063
What's everyone doing? I'm 18, doing a Psych undergrad, but really want to get into medicine.
>>
>>26247699
Not him, warehouse guy. You're literally working with plebs who share no cultural relation to you who simultaneously make you feel embarrassed because they're very good at their menial job whereas you look like a pansie idiot.

I went into work wearing boots, trousers and a shirt, and the foreman said I looked like I was "dressed for a night on the town". This was the plainest and most functional shit I could muster.
>>
>>26247726
Ayy bruh. 21 year old psych grad here studying for the GAMSAT here. Hopefully I'll be studying med soon.

Clinical psych is my backup if I don't get in. A PH. D would be comfy as fuck.
>>
>>26247656
Elaborate on fitting in.
>>
>>26247778
Do you enjoy Psych much? I don't particularly love it, but I've only finished my first year, about to start my second. I kind of just picked Psych because it seemed interesting, I was originally going to do a Visual Arts course but ended up deciding that was just full retard.

Also, how hard actually is GAMSAT? I did higher maths in high school, but I didn't do chemistry, physics or human bio so I'm trying to fit them in as electives as much as I can.
>>
>>26247757
You just sound like a sheltered pussy with an unmerited sense of superiority. You quit after one day and didn't even give yourself time to adapt. And who gives a shit what the other workers are like? You're there to make money not build a lifelong brotherhood. See this is why its important for men to have strong bonds with their father's growing up and to be pushed to complete challenges. Enjoy your pencil pushing jobs and estrogen laden nu-male peers.
>>
Jesus I'm 21 and I already feel like a total loser starting college so late just kys asap and save yourself the trouble of failing
>>
Hate to disappoint but good jobs have age limits for entry positions because you can't work as much as 22 yr old when you are 30
>>
>>26247826
I love it, I think its fascinating. The actual job is great as well -clinical work, in my opinion, is the most rewarding type of work there is. Mind you I dual majored in History and did electives in philosophy, so I got to have a really fun, well rounded education. I suggest you stick with psych, maybe try to find an avenue of it that really engages you, and maybe transfer to a dual degree programme in science (psych)/visual art. Visual art will help you enjoy jni more, become well rounded, and help you be a better doctor or whatever you choose to be.

Anyway, are you Australian? The I've been studying for the GAMSAT since November. Its going to be hard, but its definitely doable. I know multiple people who had to take the test multiple times, bit with persistence eventually got through.
>>
>>26247867
Lol OK mate, don't project too hard. I was working in a warehouse stacking truck tyres, my body literally wasn't cut out for it. I was aching for a week. I grew up in the city, I'm not a labourer. This doesn't make me a pansy.
>>
>>26247939
Your body was aching because you were doing something you weren't used to. If you had stuck it out a bit longer you would've adjusted to it and become stronger. Instead you quit. I get the feeling this isn't the first time you've done that.
>>
>>26247616
>>26247656
going to university didn't get me a decent job,
I wished I did drop out
tens of thousands of dollars of dept and 4 years for a worthless piece of paper.
>>
>>26247976
My body was giving way by about 2pm but I gave it my all and saw the day through. Afterwards I talked to the foreman who made fun of me and told him I wasn't cut out for the job and quit.

Does bullying people on the internet make you feel good? Say what you will, I'm simply stating cultural facts - they seem to have hit a nerve.
>>
>>26248022
>>26248022
yes it does make me feel good loser
>>
>>26247656
>I didn't fit in at all.
I never fit in with anyone in university so it doesn't make a difference, hell the only time I fit in with a bunch of people was when I went to juvie.
>>
>>26248022
You're not stating cultural facts. You flat out said that you quit fast as shit because you can't handle the work but you rationalized it as being that you don't fit in and suggest that the people there are below you (despite the fact that they're working men who can see things through and you quit everything you do as soon as it takes some effort and perseverance). I'm not trying to bully you. I'm just trying to get you to understand that the problem isn't THEM, it's YOU. You're a quitter dude.
>>
>>26248075
>you're a quitter

I'm studying medicine mate and I've been living on my own since I was 17. I've made everything in my life on my own. Anyway, no, I'm not blaming anyone. I literally said that I wasn't cut out for it. The cultural facts in stating weren't entirely related to that statement.
>>
>>26247904
>you can't work as much as a 22 yr old when you are 30
Yes you can assuming you're single and in good shape.
>>
>>26247757
Fucking this. I worked in a factory for 3 weeks and I was shocked how different the people there are then what I'm used to. There was one guy who was friendly and every other guy looked at me like I was a piece of shit. Any tiny fuckup typical for a newbie and they got visibly angry at me. At breaks they read fucking supermarket leaflets (not even the dumbest magazine, fucking leaflets). Had nothing in common with them whatsoever. After 3 weeks I was moved to another department and worked on a PC with white-collar dudes for a week and I felt uncomparably more comfortable there. Before that I didn't care if I finished college, just wanted to support myself and be happy. After that I understood I'm not cut out for physical labor (I could handle the physical strain, but not the psychological).
>>
>>26247904
You have not seen the average 22 year old in 2016. They might as well be in middle school. Most of them have no sense of professionalism at all. I find that older people are definitely more preferred even for entry level positions. They are seen as "needing it more", more "professional" and taking the job more seriously and less likely to leave after a year.
>>
>>26247904
>lumping every single workplace together
Bullshit, it depends. Not only on the place but also on the type of position. Nobody will hire a 22 year old if they need e.g. a very narrow-field programmer with lots of experience.
>>
>>26247690
You're why young people are passed up for jobs ALL the time. Manual labor always hurts at first, you get used to it. Fag.
>>
>>26245063
No, the kids today will chew you up and spit you out if you're not 'hip' like them.
>>
>>26248280
Enjoy having your joints give out by the age of 40. Have you seen the skeletons of mediaeval labourers? Ever seen what a plumber's knees look like?
>>
>>26247904
where I'm from a potential employer cannot legally ask you exactly how old you are (they can only ask if you over 18), the only time that can come up is when you already offered the job and they need proof of your identity (birth certificate ect..)
>>
Tbh OP, I would never start my bachelor's at that age. Get a really useful 2-year degree (computer sci or accounting) first and a decent job. You'll feel much better about yourself if you're starting off a career at 30. 2-year schools will have much more older students. Then if you really want to continue, go ahead and get your bachelor's. I went to a popular state school when I was 18 so older people were extremely rare and a bit weird to me, but it didn't seem so bad if they had a career already. They were possibly getting degrees for higher positions or job retention. That made them seem not pathetic at all.
>>
>>26248338
You sound like a bitch, but there's a good chance you'd be on forklift before your body gives out.
>>
I got my bachelor's at 22, but I really haven't been doing well. It's no question that I'll need extra schooling to get anything good, and I hate that. I'm trying really hard to squeeze myself into my preferred field so that I can get continuing education in it. I'd be okay with starting Master's at 26 or 27, but I absolutely won't apply without a job in the field first.
>>
well you can keep your wishful thinking, but management consulting (where I work), banking, audit and other shit, top fmcg, basically all good companies only hire 21-27 age span, exceptions are extremely rare. That's the truth
>>
>>26248475
sounds like a your experience thing senpai
>>
File: jwD87Hu.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jwD87Hu.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>26247331
Right? All antidepressants have done is made me more aggressive and hateful, not more social.

I can't even fucking wrap my head around the fucking grammar in that last sentence because I tried smoking chamomile that I cut out from a tea bag last night on top of not getting enough sleep. Shit probably had pesticides in it too, too fucking impulsive now. Next it's just weed. Fuck my mental health. I'll take insanity over outright brain damage from neurotoxins.
>>
>be neet esqueleton
>get job as repositor
>work almost a month
>can't bare to stand all day long carring heavy shit and quit
>payment was pisspoor anyway, cooworkers were irritant
>old ladies felt sorry for me
>Now have bonitis and perpetual fat fusing my neck to the head
>even though I got fat, I was still aways hungry and exauted and in pain
>knees kinda hurt six months after
>aesthetics ruined, starving now for lack of $ but still that fucking gut

Now I'm looking for a new job, but apparently 23 ye'ol and unqualified is too old.
>>
File: AssCastle21.png (299KB, 840x1050px) Image search: [Google]
AssCastle21.png
299KB, 840x1050px
>>26245063
Gotta life your lyfe Erwin. Good luck.
>>
>>26248947
slowly killing yourself for the jews. that was my favorite part of working low wage jobs too.
>>
>>26249033

Sure it was, they could have some extra personel to lighten the load and I would stay, but they had to follow the fix number of workers for maximum profit according to jewconomics, so fuck them.

Good luck for the next desperate fuck, I was not the first nor the last to quit.
>>
>>26245063
It depends entirely on what you'll be studying. Only respectable fields at your age are applied maths, all engineering except environmental and civil, physics, chemistry, and computer shit except for information technology.
>>
>>26245063
There's a 28yo in my class but he acts the most immature
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.