[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>2016
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 18
File: smug snake.png (1014 KB, 750x881) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug snake.png
1014 KB, 750x881
>2016
>still not having reptiles as pets

All other pets are shit tier in comparison.
>>
>enslaving an innocent creature for your own amusement
Pleb tier
>>
Reptiles don't know affection though. They only like you because you're warm.
>>
>>26238230

reptiles a cute. but they aren't 'pet' pets. like if you want to hold and play with and generally interact with in a social way, reptiles are not a good choice. my geckos are more like roommates to me than pets.
>>
>>26238452

So much this.

Do you have any idea how much suffering the "pet" industry causes OP? For what? Amusement?

There is literally no need to keep a reptile prisoner--except maybe adopting one whose "owner" got tired of it, so that it won't be killed.

We should have left them to live their own lives in the wild.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDirieZ_dEk

>imb4 "peta"

Doesn't matter. The footage is real.

If there were no reptile "pet" industry this wouldn't happen.

There is literally no reason why this should be happening.
>>
>>26238888
Reptiles don't really have feelings though.

Also you should always adopt from a shelter. Obviously pet stores and "purebreds" are fucking nonsense that cause a lot of harm.
>>
>>26238927

>Reptiles don't really have feelings though.

>Generally, reptiles do demonstrate basic emotions. According to Dr. Sharman Hoppes, clinical assistant professor at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, the main two are fear and aggression, but they may also demonstrate pleasure when stroked or when offered food.

https://vetmed.tamu.edu/news/pet-talk/reptile-emotions

We don't know exactly what reptiles are capable of feeling, but there's no reason to assume they "don't have feelings".
>>
>current year
>still making current year threads
Just fuck off back into whatever dirty hovel you crawled out of OP.
>>
File: 1453179251555.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453179251555.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>26238888
I have fish and 2 fiddler crabs in my aquarium and I'm pretty sure they are more of a decoration than a pet

I care about my crabs though, the fish come and go and its not really my fault usually

A lot of my previous fish had incurable diseases that come from the breeding programs they are subjected to for the purpose of making brighter colored species

I had a Dwarf Gourami that got pretty old but eventually showed signs of iridovirus and died
>>
>>26238230
People with reptiles as pets are the most selfish, pretentious little shits. Look at that whore, posing with her edgy decoration animal.
>>
File: fancyrat.jpg (36 KB, 1024x620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fancyrat.jpg
36 KB, 1024x620
Reptiles are pleb tier alternative pets. Real men keep rats, bitches love rats.
>>
>>26238230
My qt 3.14 ball python :^)
>>
File: rk9.jpg (43 KB, 512x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rk9.jpg
43 KB, 512x349
>>26238230
Reptiles are slow as fuck and give shit-tier cuddles. Cats are best pets.
>Silly
>Cuddles
>Still aloof and cool af
>>
>>26239223
Fuck yeah rat bro!
>>
>>26238989
Nobody cares. Our society lives comfortably because of 3rd world slave labor. NOBODY. CARES.
>>
>>26238927

Yeah, lets all go to the magical reptile shelter and adopt an emotionless animal.

You're a fucking idiot. You should feel bad about being this stupid.
>>
File: rk9.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rk9.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1280
>>26239223
Fucking love rats, they're so smart. Look at his smart little eyes.
>>
>>26238989
Okay lizardboy, by "feelings" what I obviously meant was loyalty, playfulness, love, etc.

Reptiles just don't have the emotional development most mammals do.
>>
>>26239399
Don't they make deals with fleas or something to give them shelter in exchange for doing as the rat commands? Thats why they spread all kinds of shit in the olden days, because the rats wanted less humans
>>
>>26239361
Alright, don't get a reptile at all then.

If you want a "different" pet just get a rat (two at least, they get bored). They're actually really smart, there's a reason they use them in experiments.
>>
How expensive are snakes? I can afford a cat but a snake seems like a lot more
>>
>>26239458
that's some /x/ tier shit
>>
>>26239475
If you get two rats won't they eat each other? My neighbor's hamster had babies and the mother ate their little brains, scooped them right out. I came over and there were just these little hollow-headed baby hamsters. It was pretty traumatizing.
>>
File: 1358027565269.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358027565269.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>26239458
Who let you out of your jacket
>>
>>26239642
>If you get two rats won't they eat each other?
no retard, not unless they're starving
>neighbor's hamster had babies and the mother ate their little brains
did anyone touch the babies? i've heard that can make the mom reject them. but the brain eating things sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>26238578
That's what makes them best they're indifferent and lack capability to judge me as harshly as mammals do
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>not keeping the best pets of all
>>
>>26239458
Sounds bad ass and gonna go in a dnd campaign
>>
>>26239490
Anywhere from maybe 30 bucks to 150 for the common species. The prices skyrocket once you get in to complicated or rare morphs. Usually it's the tank and heating and so on that costs more than the snake itself.
>>
>>26239942
Fucking moth? Don't they live for like five minutes?
>>
>>26239475

>being so fucking stupid the point wooooooshes over your head.

There is no such thing as a reptile shelter, you cunt. There is no such thing as an emotionless reptile, you cunt. At the very least, snakes get scared, angry, content, anxious...

Smash your testicles with a hammer.
>>
>>26238230
I like having a spiderbro.

He makes the flies go away.

He eats.

I don't kill him.

Fair compromise.
>>
>>26239998

Some of them only live a few weeks.

Still cute.
>>
>>26238989
>>26239361
>>26240022
I got the point, angrypants. If a shelter is the only humane place to get a pet from, and there's no way to get a reptile from a shelter, then don't get a reptile.

Scared, angry, content, anxious are very primitive emotions, not like sympathy, loyalty, grief, etc.

Today I learned snakefags are a ridiculously easy group to piss off.
>>
Can't play fetch with a snake.
>>
File: 1o2dmaof.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1o2dmaof.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>26238452
It's our right as the top species in this planet to slave lesser beings.
>>
>>26239942
nigga is that a moth
>>
>>26240326

Ye nigga
>>
>>26238230
nah fuck reptiles and bugs, can't read them so there's no telling what they will do.
>>
>>26240377
idk how to feel about moths, one time i had a microwave burrito and put it on a plate in the microwave and some how a moth got in between my burrito and the plate. Needless to say, the situation was less than pleasant.
>>
>>26239942
>petting a moth.

Guess you don't want them to be able to fly anymore
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (233 KB, 500x395) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy[1].gif
233 KB, 500x395
>>26240431
>>26240431

plz dont microwave moths
>>
>>26238230
Reptiles are shit-tier. They're not intelligent and have no recognizable emotion or personality. People who have them as pets are insecure faggots who interject their own personality onto the uncaring reptile to create the illusion to themselves that someone else enjoys their company.
>>
>>26240468

He was the one who went for it.
>>
>>26240503
mammals are bros.
>>
>>26240503
>People who have them as pets are insecure faggots who interject their own personality onto the uncaring reptile to create the illusion to themselves that someone else enjoys their company.
This applies to all pet owners.
>>
>>26241031
Dogs and cats actually have real personalities though, and often do enjoy your company.
>>
>>26238230
Do fish count as reptiles?
>>
>>26241077
Not really, they're too stupid have personalities. It's all just standard behavior that the owner interprets as a personality, they also project their own feelings onto the animal as well of course.
People just believe it about dogs and cats because they're the most common pets.

It's sad to see pet owners get tricked like this but it's no surprise since the animals especially the dog have evolved into parasites. We won't be free of them until enough people realize this and stop getting dogs and cats as well as kill them en masse.
>>
>>26241169
Dogs were domesticated and formed a symbiotic relationship with us. Today most people just keep them as a companion. It has slid into the realm of dogs being totally dependant on us but i don't think they are parasitic.
>>
>>26241298
The symbiotic dog is just a myth spread by dog lovers. They're no different than any other domesticated animal except they for no reason are seen as different and hold a special place in our society.
The vast majority of dogs serve no purpose except as "companions" for their overly emotional and childish owners who lack the ability to make human relationships but cannot deal with isolation so they get stupid dog because they think it will make them feel better but instead it just makes them dependent on worthless animal.
The modern dog is a disgusting parasite and cancer on our culture and it needs to be eradicated.
> It has slid into the realm of dogs being totally dependant on us but i don't think they are parasitic.
Because you've been indoctrinated by pet culture, wake up and smell the dog shit my friend.
>>
>>26241401
The symbuotic dog is not myth when it comes to hunting, ranching, guard dog shit, military/police work. They can be trained to listen and follow our commands in return for treats and shit.
Most people don't handle isolation/depression and a dog can help with that.
You are right that most dogs are garbage pieces of shit that owners consider it an accomplishment when they stay out of the trash or don't shit in the house.
>im on my phone so sorry if my shit isn't structured right.
>>
>>26241576
So what there's plenty of animals that help us, besides almost all of that is obsolete. We don't need dogs any more.
We get honey from bees and yet I can smush a bee and nobody will care but if I crushed a worthless stray dog and people found out they'll get angry. It makes no sense.
The pet dog is a cancer that needs to be purged. If we want to keep a small number around for military shit and blind people then so be it, but every pet dog should just be shot desu.
>>
>>26241678
but most of that stuff isn't obsolete. police use dogs to help attack/subdue suspects and search for drugs. the military uses dogs to help sniff out ieds and shit. people still hunt birds with dogs as retrievers and hunt hogs,which are an invasive species in most places. ranchers use dogs to help keep herd animals together. people with disabilities use dogs to help with shit like opening doors and shit.

i do get that people hold an irrational love for dogs though but purging most pets isn't the answer just because they are useless for most people other than companions.
i'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but you write like you hate dogs a lot more than most people who don't care about animals. is there a personal reason for this or what? it almost sounds like your parents had nothing but chihuahuas that barked all day and shit everywhere.
>>
My wife and I have a horse: Pepper[mint]. She's a strong, but whiny, Percheron and just turned 5.

We've had her since July.
>>
>>26241824
They could probably get replaced in most cases regardless it is an extreme minority of dogs.
>but purging most pets isn't the answer just because they are useless for most people other than companions.
Why not? Without a purge people dogs will always occupy a privileged position which they do not deserve and prevents people from making rational decisions regarding them. It's like when people protest kill shelters even though there is way too many stray dogs and they really should just be put down. People get too emotional over dogs, if they eat meat they shouldn't care what someone does to a stray dog or cat but they will get angry if they see you hurt them.
I dislike dogs for similar general reasons I dislike cats, but I do have a particular loathing of dogs and those who own them.
>>
>>26242262
you are right about the benefits of a reduced dog population and people's irrationality( which is definitely not exclusive to dogs). i just don't agree with a purge. i do think that there is too big of a pet population though. also i think that strays should be destroyed after a certain time of not finding a home. also all these puppy mills need to be cracked down on and people need to be held responsible for their animals' behavior.
>>
File: 0202161939a.jpg (536 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0202161939a.jpg
536 KB, 1920x2560
>people who use their reptiles as status or accessories
>IM A GRIL AND I OWN A SNEK
>I'm so hardcore look at my python
Fuck those people
Pic is my snake, noodle.
>>
>>26239223
I loved the idea of rats until I found out they can't control their bowels. No thanks.
>>
>>26238230
>what are dogs
>>
>>26242489
>i just don't agree with a purge
Why? If you agree with me I don't understand why you wouldn't approve of purging the dog population.
I think one step would be allowing for strays to be killed with no questions asked in any manner. I wouldn't mind spending time looking for strays to destroy which in truth is a civic duty but I cannot because overly sensitive pet owners would get too butthurt and/or it is currently illegal due to pet fags infecting our society. Dogs have a carbon footprint of an suv, their waste is harmful to water sources. There is no reason for so many to exist.
Having a culture where we teach people to have empathy for such a worthless creature like a dog breeds a coddles population. Dogs are simply animals and we should be able to what we want with them whether it's eating, training, or hurting.

>>26242635
Fuck off dog loving cuck.
>>
>>26242622
Source. Didn't know snake vaginas could take human dick.
>>
>>26242658
you would need a huge shift in public opinion to treat dogs as an invasive species that people would treat dogs like they do hogs which will never happen. i agree with a systematic purge a way to reduce dog/cat population. just in city areas allow animal control to handle it. in rural areas i would just shoot it cleanly like i would a cat to keep an invasive species from fucking up the ecosystem. i don't agree with your meaning of purge, because it can easily be abused by malicious individuals causing harm to animals for the sake bloodshed/fun of it instead of culling an invasive species.
>>
>>26242732
That's why you have to try and shift public opinion. I wonder if you could train dogs to attack small children then let them lose somewhere in the hope of turning people's views toward dogs negative.
>because it can easily be abused by malicious individuals causing harm to animals for the sake bloodshed/fun of it instead of culling an invasive species.
How is that abuse? There is nothing inherently wrong with killing an animal for fun and if people like that want to help get rid of overpopulated animal who cares?
>>
>>26238578
>tfw my turtles will never love me
>they only get excited when i go near them cause they know i'm gonna feed them
>>
>>26241844
Nice bIog faggot.
>>
>>26241844
Horses are bro-tier

>tfw live in the city
>>
> I wonder if you could train dogs to attack small children then let them lose somewhere in the hope of turning people's views toward dogs negative.
people blame the owners for being shit owners and the dog is put down and the owners are sued.

i only mean abuse as in the torturing of the animals and shit. even in hunting, you want a clean kill. intentionally causing unnecessary suffering to any animal or person is completely cruel and uncalled for in my opinion.
>>
>>26242782
>>26242870
forgot to link the posts.
>>
>>26238578
That's entirely wrong
Some species are capable of bonding and are social creatures.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 363x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 363x200
superior pets are birds, m8s
>>
>>26242870
I meant training dogs or strays and releasing surreptitiously so that they're just seen as violent strays.
>>26242870
>i only mean abuse as in the torturing of the animals and shit
Why is that wrong?
>>
>>26242622
My fucking dick

>tfw no qt snake pet
>>
>>26242930
>Why is that wrong?
if you are serious and don't know why torturing animals is wrong then you need help.
if you are asking why i personally find it morally wrong then that's another thing.
it is hard for me to articulate my stance since no one has really asked why torture is wrong explicitly other than it's fucked up or i wouldn't want it done to me. basically, i feel that killing in any sense should be done cleanly and efficiently added suffering is unnecessary. killing should be done out of necessity rather than pleasure. i acknowledge that pleasure/accomplishment can be gained from killing out of necessity, but you shouldn't be doing it simply for the sake of pleasure. i find that those who relish in the suffering of others to be distasteful company.
>>
>>26243050
Why does someone need help if they don't exactly match your subjective views towards treatment of animals?
>killing should be done out of necessity rather than pleasure
Killing cows for expensive steaks is not out of necessity but out of profit and pleasure. I expect a minority of hunters in the US are hunting out of necessity; they hunt and kill because they enjoy it.
How is hurting and killing a dog or cat any different?
>>
>>26243170
>Why does someone need help if they don't exactly match your subjective views towards treatment of animals?
while normally i accept that people will always have different views towards everything, i think in this specific instance of a person who would enjoy torturing animals has "issues." i'm not sure exactly why i have that opinion, it conjures up a feeling of apprehention and distrust towards them and also a small amount of fear as i would not like the idea of being tortured.
>Killing cows for expensive steaks is not out of necessity but out of profit and pleasure. I expect a minority of hunters in the US are hunting out of necessity; they hunt and kill because they enjoy it.
this is where i really don't know how i would argue this position. i agree with the salughter of animals for food, even with people showing off their cooking skills. but i am unsure how i feel about these animals specifically raised for slaughter. i think it sucks for the animal, but i do nothing about it. i enjoy the bounty that these animals bring so i am content with not thinking about how my supermarket beef was treated. i think it's called cognitive dissedence or something. or at least being hypocrytical.
> How is hurting and killing a dog or cat any different?
my only argument for that is because it simply is. it is ingrained in us from birth that dogs/cats are pets/ furry family members. other animals don't have this luxury other than a minority of species.
>>
>>26243419
I guess it sounds as if you've been raised in a culture to dislike specific forms of hurting animals and preferentially treat some animals more than others. At least you can recognize this.
> it conjures up a feeling of apprehention and distrust towards them
I dislike the idea that a person must be "bad" or distrustful simply because they don't care about animals. Of course I'm not trying to be your friend I'm just asking to be allowed to what I wish with an animal especially if it is one I own and my property. I believe a person adopting a dog or cat and torturing it to death is more beneficial to society than a person who keeps a dog or cat as a pet.
>>
Guys, would you fuck your pet?
>>
>I dislike the idea that a person must be "bad" or distrustful simply because they don't care about animals. Of course I'm not trying to be your friend I'm just asking to be allowed to what I wish with an animal especially if it is one I own and my property. I believe a person adopting a dog or cat and torturing it to death is more beneficial to society than a person who keeps a dog or cat as a pet.
for me (and probably most people in the united states) there is a definitive line between not caring about animals to disliking animals to torturing animals. i don't care if you don't like animals. i don't care if you cull animals or put them down. but i am disgusted when people torture animals. i feel anger towards them. i know that there is much violence and brutality in this world, and it is because of this that i don't like it when people seek to cause more suffering, simply for their entertainment.
>>
>>26243623
>>26243779
forgot to link again
>>
>>26243779
But why do you care? They're just animals, is it even suffering? It seems silly to have empathy for animals and I would even say unhealthy in the case of most Americans where they must selectively ignore this empathy for things like eating meat etc.
I cannot understand what makes you have such strong feelings about an animal.
>>
>But why do you care?
idk, i just do
> They're just animals, is it even suffering?
they are just animals, just like you and me. they have nerve endings like us and can feel pain like us. i do think they suffer
> It seems silly to have empathy for animals and I would even say unhealthy in the case of most Americans where they must selectively ignore this empathy for things like eating meat etc.
I cannot understand what makes you have such strong feelings about an animal.
honestly, i don't have strong feelings about animals. i have strong feelings about how people act towards animals and others. i don't have a problem with killing. i have a problem with unnecessary torturing. if you are going to kill something, then do it quick, clean, and efficiently. adding torture into the mix is something that someone goes out of their way to do. i don't like it.
>>
>>26243050
>implying pleasure is not everyone's main necessity
That's a false choice, because all living things will do anything they can to empower their will. Ironically, most people could care about others only because of pleasure (other reason could be nobility, but it's much much rarer), and this is the only reason why lives of practically useless in modern world cats and dogs are valued much much higher than of cattle. Pure compassion is pleasure-denying and therefore not attractive to healthy and not old people.
>>
>>26244024
>>26243896
i think 4chan is eating my linking
>>
>>26244025
you are right. i guess i didn't specify. i am ok with the pleasure of accomplishment of a succesful kill. i am ok with the pleasure of making a good shot and having a good hunt. i am not ok with someone specifically taking pleasure in specifically going out of their way to torture something before they kill it. i don't like it when people take pleasure in the act of torturing and the unnecessarily prolonged suffering of what they are killing.
>>
>Arguing with pet autist
How new are you people?
>>
>>26244127
who are you replying to?
me and the guy who wants to be able to torture animals?
it's a fun discussion and while i don't like the idea of torture he makes excellent points in general and knows how to structure his arguments.
>>
>>26244170
He's a faggot who ruins every thread about pets.
He used to spam animal gore too but they kept banning him for it,
>>
Reptiles are shit pets. There are some interesting ones but you can't really interact with them that much and they don't do anything.

This is coming from someone who has owned 2 snakes, a bearded dragon, some geckos and other shit.

Give me my dog anyday.
>>
>>26244200
meh, /k/ is my homeboard so we get a lot of /pol/ who just want to talk about shooting niggers and other minorities nonstop. this is pretty tame compared to all the authoritarians who want to legally murder people and anarchists who want it not illegal to murder people.
>>
>>26244024
>idk, i just do
You've been indoctrinated by the pet culture. Eating hot dogs is okay and an american tradition while kicking a dog is tantamount to murder.
You are able to recognize the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy better than most all you have to do now is deprogram yourself.
>they are just animals, just like you and me. they have nerve endings like us and can feel pain like us. i do think they suffer
What about the mice we kill with traps or insects we swat? It's all just arbitrary lines in the sand. I for one think drawing the line at humans makes sense and doesn't have many grey areas. If you lower it to include more sentient creatures like dolphins and apes okay but dogs and cats are still going to be excluded. If cats and dogs are deserving of empathy and protection then so to are pigs, cows, etc.
Just look at crows which have been shown to very intelligent meanwhile stupid outdoor cats and strays destroy bird populations and likely kill many crows. How is that okay? Why is nobody mad at Mrs. Lewis with her three cats roaming around killing and torturing animals but I can't kill a cat myself?

>>26244089
>am ok with the pleasure of making a good shot and having a good hunt. i am not ok with someone specifically taking pleasure in specifically going out of their way to torture something before they kill it
Sounds pretty arbitrary. There's countless people who will think hunting and "clean kills" is barbaric and cruel. If you're going to allow that might as well just allow everything including straight up torture. If I torture a dog in my home it's not hurting you in any way. People are too sensitive.

>>26244127
God forbid we have discussion on /r9k/ right?
>>
>>26238230
Pets that litterly do nothing, feel no love for you and have to be contained in a glass box so it wouldn't try to kill you/escape.
>>
>>26244293
All of this applies to dogs except they won't try to kill you because as a parasite they have evolved not to kill their host. But have fun picking up shit :)
>>
I prefer arthropods personally. In general they are less maintenance than reptiles.

I think that dogs are the best pets. I had one growing up and she was my very best friend, but she has passed. I can't quite bring myself to adopt another dog yet, so it's spiders, cockroaches, and isopods for me for now.
>>
>>26244347
>I think that dogs are the best pets
C U C K
>his best friend was brainless dog
Kek why not just have an imaginary friend? At least those don't die and shit everywhere.
>>
>>26242894
>>26244319
You need to pick up shit with reptiles aswel genius. You have been doing that right? And dogs and cats have far more developed brains so they are more consious than reptiles if reptilic creatures are consious at all. They all have extremely small brains even for their size so they probably don't even know they exist or hardly lol but have fun retard.
>>
>>26244281
if you get down to it, everything is arbitrary and nothing matters except for what you put value into. we are not going to reach an agreement on whether or not it is ok to torture.
i feel that torture is wrong, you do not. it is as simple as that. unfortunately for you, most actions in this world are deemed ok or not ok by a general agreement on society. the torturing of animals is seen as a negative thing in society(at least in the united states) and has no forseeable future of ever changing.
>>
>>26244398
>Far more developed brains
God damn you're stupid
>>
>>26244429
How so? It's true.
>>
>>26244375
a mentally ill neighbor down my street had her imaginary friend die when it was hit by a car. when the cops were called because she was being histarical, they had an ambulance come and transport the "body"
>>
>>26244398
>implying I have reptiles
Pets are dumb, I can at least respect things like fish though since they're more of an expensive display like a bonsai tree or something. Reptiles would be okay if you just thought they looked cool. But a dog doesn't look cool, you obviously think the dog loves you which is ridiculous.
Also you're spelling is shit.

>>26244417
Well instead of being a sheep and part of the herd I do my best to fight against the irrational beliefs of the majority. I hope in my lifetime I will see the dog scourge destroyed and done away with. Or at least the normalization of killing cats and dogs.
>>
>>26244441
There's no such thing as a "more developed brain"
Brains are developed differently. Recent research has shown that what we know about reptle and fish brains is extremely mammal-centric and flawed.
>>
>>26244478
i am all for fighting against irrationality in general, but you seem like you have an irrational hatred for animals when i goes beyond culling populations and removing their special snowflake status as furry children and into the realm of torturing. you may not agree with me but that's the way you come off as.
>>
>>26238230
>be me, own 10 years old smooth foxterrier
>neighbour has two snakes, both pythons
>one of his snakes escaped, luckily the smaller one
>the snake is not the crazy long monster but it's long enough to wrap around your arm few times
>suddenly foxterrier crazy-hyper-excited barks on the yard (she always barks in high-pitched screams when excited)
>before i grab my shit and check on what's happening, the dog barks went silent
>holyshitno.jpg
>see a fucking snake wrapped around the chest of my dog
>dog has snout covered in blood
>grabbed a broom and poked the snake in the head
>it's dead, it probably went to catch some sun until it got disturbed by my dog
>free the dog from the snake's grip
>stomp on the snake's head, just for sure
>dog seems to be relieved but yet somehow proud and happy
>took her to the vet immediately
>5 ribs fractures caused by the snake
>vet says few moments and the snake would suffocate her
>mfw my 22 pound dog killed a fucking snake
>mfw the neighbour will want to recompensate
>mfw it all ended well, neighbour is actualy a reasonable guy
>>
>>26244611
The dog attacked the snake
Non venomous snakes are pretty much defenseless from dogs. It probably died in a last ditch attempt to save its own life.
Most snakes are cowards and attempt to flee from anything they cant eat.
>>
good night dog torture guy. im tired now. thanks for talking with me and stuff. please don't torture dogs either. i know you hate them but it's easier to live and let live. if you need to kill one please be clean and quick about it.
>>
>>26244543
My dislike of pets is perfectly rational. I don't understand how you can be so against torturing them and yet eat them. If I eat the dog after is it okay then?

>>26244611
I wish your shitty dog died.
>>
File: 89_08989.jpg (62 KB, 421x421) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
89_08989.jpg
62 KB, 421x421
>>26244542
>MAMMALCENTRIC
Top kek, you seriously think that a snake or frog is more intelligent than a dog? They can't recognize different people, they aren't happy to see you except for food... ect.
>>
File: computer_fish1.jpg (6 KB, 100x111) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
computer_fish1.jpg
6 KB, 100x111
>>26244542
>Fish !!6CacHYe/lH9
>mammal-centric
I'm on to you.
>>
>>26244752
That's also wrong.
Monitors and tegus are capable of affection, and recognizing individual people. They also can separate humans from their feeding instinct.
Reticulated, and other large pythons, are also capable of recognizing individual humans and even holding grudges towards ones they dont like.
Certain iguana species can be trained to obey voice commands.
You're also forgetting that a large majority of mammals are just as dumb as the majority of reptiles.
>>
>>26244639
i was not happy for the snake's death, he was pretty chill guy. i was happy he didn't killed my dog but it breached dog's territory. dog's reaction was defending her territory, which is pretty much natural behaviour (not implying snake is well taught about local pet animal territories)

but i admit, any dog would attack it even outside of it's territory, probably to quell a possible danger or just from a thrill of a hunt.
>>
>>26244281
Personally i don't kill any animal, i dont kill spiders, i don't kill flies. As there is no need to, if i follow anything back to it's logical conclusion then everything is inherently pointless, there is no greater good that we are accomplishing beyond surviving. Dogs are social pack animals the same as humans, they release the same chemicals in the brain that we do when around family or are happy, they are as valuable to the planet as we are, our societal growths only benefits us and our need to find purpose after opting out of the food chain. You claim to be above the animals but have the same instinctual self satisfying thought process as a dog, you wanting to kill for the sake of killing despite the upset it causes is the same as a dog pulling the trash across the house to eat old chicken. You are choosing to live as man in his most primal simple form while condemning other creatures for following their own nature like you

We are just as worthless. We just have egos too.
>>
>>26244818
It's a terrier. They kill everything in sight.
Don't act like your dog is brave or good for attacking another animal. The snake is a victim of a dog bred to kill.
>>
>>26244820
I'm having trouble getting much out of this, feels like incoherent philosophical rambling.
>You claim to be above the animals
I am above them as evidenced by my ability to assert my will onto them. I can do what I want with a dog, if anything is going to stop me it will be other people not the dog itself. Also the fact that the human being can have the representation "I" raises him infinitely above all the other beings on earth. By this he is a person that is, a being altogether different in rank and dignity from things, such as irrational animals, with which one may deal and dispose at one's discretion.

>>26244818
>>26244842
>muh dog muh snake
You're both petcucks in the end.
>>
>>26244842
i don't deny my dog's heritage and the original purpose of it's breed, although i never trained her to kill or hunt, all of these are coming from her natural/bred in instincts. i just wasn't giving her much chances against the snake.
>>
>>26238920

I have no compassion for humans and tip my hat to every mass murderer but I draw the line at animals. They just wanna chill and do their own thing in the wild. Pet stores are fucked. Instead of getting a pet reptile or whatever just enslave an asian woman
>>
File: 1449377057917.jpg (62 KB, 251x560) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449377057917.jpg
62 KB, 251x560
>>26239458
Are you Charlie from Always Sunny?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 18
Thread DB ID: 485461



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.