[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else talk to themselves? It started happening when I was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: feel within feel.jpg (39KB, 491x563px) Image search: [Google]
feel within feel.jpg
39KB, 491x563px
Anyone else talk to themselves? It started happening when I was just alone, but gradually it got more common and now I have conversations with myself out loud when I'm walking down the street or on public transportation. It's second nature to me and I often do it without even thinking about it. I imagine there are like three "people" inside my brain, sometimes they're alone and sometimes they talk to each other. They're named "me", "myself", and "I". I made them up when I was 14 or so.

>"me" - The "me"an one. He always criticizes me, tells me I'm worthless, makes me feel awful, tells me there's no hope, tells me I'm worthless and that I should just kill myself already. He's extremely pessimistic too, always telling me certain things won't go right or that I'm going to fail.
>"myself" - A "mys elf" (a very tiny [mouse-sized] elf-type creature). He's very silly, takes nothing seriously, cracks jokes all the time, tells me not to be bothered by things, always making puns or stupid observations, makes me laugh a lot.
>"I" - The "eye". He says everything I'm doing out loud, with some observations or random relevant facts, sometimes he makes puns too but it seems almost accidental for him, he's very autistic and logical.

Sometimes there are other people too, different characters that I make up and play with. But these three are the only ones that have stuck.

Yes, I live most of my life completely alone and use this to cope with the lack of social interaction.
>>
I was going to say yeah I do
But you're pretty far gone

I'm sure we're not talking about the same thing at all, but the "person" I talk doesn't really say anything I don't already know, it's just a way for me to discuss pros and cons of options with myself and point out whenever I'm lying to myself about something deliberately.
>>
>>26230536
This.

Everyone has an internal monologue.

But OP, you're mentally ill. Seek help.
>>
File: inverted feel.jpg (42KB, 429x459px) Image search: [Google]
inverted feel.jpg
42KB, 429x459px
>>26230536
>>26230602
I had to stay at the hospital once because I was suicidal, and they told me I had schizophrenia. Do you think this is related? I don't like how the medication made me feel, so I didn't bother filling the prescription they gave me on the way out. It doesn't feel like anything's really wrong with me, I just stick out like every other robot.

Nobody talks to me and I can't talk to other people, I jumble all my words and I can't think of things to say. So I just have conversations with myself (not with "myself", I mean all the characters in my head). It helps me make the loneliness go away.
>>
File: 1338224255163.jpg (7KB, 251x234px) Image search: [Google]
1338224255163.jpg
7KB, 251x234px
>>26230779
bro you're straight up crazy sauce I'm sorry to break it to you.
>>
I tend to think more in images, situations and ideas rather than words.
>>
>>26230779
You need help.

If the medicine didn't help or the side-effects were too bad, you should consider psychotherapy.
>>
>>26230779
At least try the medication for an extended period of time, you might find you like the outcome.
>>
Like, I sorta do that, but it's more a lighthearted thing when I'm alone. I'll just talk out loud to express my feelings and thoughts while laughing with myself. I don't actually think there are people in my head or anything. OP you probably started it as a coping mechanism like I have, but you sound pretty far gone in a way.
>>
Op you might have made a tulpa of yourself I did too when I was 13
>>
>>26230818
>>26230850
>>26230865
I'm just like you robots, I am very lonely and can't interact socially well. I don't really think this is an illness. It's just something I've made up to help me. I'm not hurting anyone with it. People stare sometimes, but I try to keep it quieter so I don't bother them. I don't wanna bother anyone. I'd like to just keep to myself and stay out of everyone's way.

>>26230970
I think maybe you're right. But I know they're not real. They speak from some other part of my brain that I don't control. Like when people accidentally say sexual things when they mean to say other things.
>>
>>26230454
I'm not this bad with the characters, but I basically audio log myself, and I tell myself what's wrong with me and how to fix it and shit. It gets really confusing because I'll switch from third to first person and back again.
>>
>>26231038
I stopped talking to myself because I was worried and my tulpa of me faded. I have another tulpa nowadays though of my waifu she stopped me from suicide. Pretty happy desu
>>
I literally have arguments with myself. And I get really angry at myself for being a stubborn asshole with his opinions.

So, I can relate.
>>
>>26231378
Oh, and it's almost always in third person, and rarely ever in first. I fixed "him" to myself while I didn't catch "his opinions" until after I posted.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.