[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a car salesman anything.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: gfahflkhe.jpg (41KB, 445x246px) Image search: [Google]
gfahflkhe.jpg
41KB, 445x246px
Ask a car salesman anything.
>>
do you like your cannoli with chocolate or nuts?
>>
>>26226611
What's your cheapest car you have. I kind of want to get something to get me from point a to point b that is decently reliable. Also do you browse /o/?
>>
Got the Job 2 days ago, huh?
>>
Im a car salesman as well and i want to kill myself every day
>>
>>26226631
idk what the fuck is canoli
>>
>>26226661
8 months. But the turnover is pretty remarkable.
>>
>>26226688
>idk what the fuck is cannoli
literally kill yourself, carfriend.
>>
>>26226641
About $5,000 dollars, a heavily used toyota corolla. Probably has a couple years left in it. If you want something that will last you 5+ years expect to pay in the 10k range.
>>
>>26226681
Why would you want to do a thing like that, anon?
>>
>>26226740
Selling cars to people is annoying because people are retarded but this is the only job where you can easily make over 200k without school. Ive been in the car industry since i was 18 and im 24 now
>>
>>26226819
the retarded people are my favorite. except the ones who get pissed when they want a bigger, better car with the same note and I tell them that's literally impossible. Have you tried moving into any other line of work?
>>
>>26226819
How did you get the job?

^original car
>>
>>26226846
Watch joe verde and just do everything from those videos the sales steps will always be the same. I went from 8-10 units a month to 20+ after learning from joe verde
>>26226846
I walked in and asked for a job
>>
>>26226846
I was a finance manager for a while but the pay isnt as good. Now i sell cars and do sub prime financing for customers at the same time
>>
>>26226908
I've heard good things about him. I don't work in a high-volume place though. 20 cars would be a record-setting number for the dealership, lol. I'm probably going to finish out this year, maybe get a year and a half, and switch to a bigger dealership in a bigger city.Or possibly a different kind of sales job.
>>
>>26226936
>>26226936
Really? I always heard the F&I dudes made bank.
>>
>>26226997
If you can learn the finance shit and get enough customers through your own leads and the dealerships leads youll make more money selling cars and doing sub prime finance at the same time
>>
Is it possible/easy to independently buy and sell cars for a profit? My parents gave me 20k jewros for my 18th birthday which I'd like to use somehow. I have to pay a 19% tax when selling something and feel like that would destroy any profits. How much of a profit margin do you usually get on used cars?
>>
That movie was great. I never understood why his dad deliberately made the cars break down. Wouldn't that be extremely bad for business?
>>
>>26226611
D2d salesfag here. I've been given offers to several dealerships. Is it worth it or should I just stick to selling alarms?
>>
>>26226688
What how FOH nigga that don't make sense
>>
Whats the worst car in the lot?
>>
>>26228309
I don't know , honestly. I've considered it. At the dealership the average profit is in the area of $4,000. But that's because of a tax credit in the US that more or less incentivizes a trade in. In addition, you're taking the massive inconvenience of trying to sell a car away from them.

If you have $20k to fuck around with, I'd say don't risk more than half of it. Really you want it to be a sure thing since you are taking on a massive risk as an individual investing your own money.

>Find someone looking for car x
>How much will they pay for it?
>Find someone selling car x
>What's the lowest they'll sell it for, cash in hand, TODAY?
>Buy, sell, profit.

It is often fairly easy to talk people down who are selling cars privately, because they just want to be done with the enormous hassle. If you can, find someone who is moving or HAS to get rid of a vehicle for whatever reason.
>>
>>26229055
A 2001 Ford expedition that has been in multiple accidents, including a total loss. It's basically disintegrating. Sale price: 3,995. I would be surprised if we gave someone more than $800 for that car.
>>
>>26228781
The one thing that really gets me about this job is the fact that I have to generate my own leads. Some dealerships will do some of that work for you but mine does not. If I don't get out there on the lot and work some customers then I have nothing to do. If you're willing to give up having your leads generated for you in exchange for potentially $150,000-$200,000 a year income at a high volume dealership, then it's definitely something to consider.
>>
>>26228781
Also, I don't know what your comission/deal is, but there is a definite rush that comes with making a $1,500 comission in an hour when the right deal comes along. However, I receive no residuals.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.