[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I gain a personality? I think if someone asked my own

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (51KB, 342x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51KB, 342x324px
How do I gain a personality?

I think if someone asked my own parents whom I've lived with for 22 years to sum up my personality they wouldn't be able to think of a single word. I'm not necessarily shy, I just have nothing about me. I don't stand out in any way. No interests, no hobbies, nothing to talk about, not charisma. I just blend in the background.

Can anyone else relate to this feel?
>>
>>26225702
What do you spend your time doing? Those are your interests. Those are what will define you to other people
>>
>>26225702

>can't describe myself in a single word
>PANIC

you're normal and fine.
>>
>>26225731
nothing. Watching whatever mind numbing telivision is on, but I don't process any of it. reading through posts on 4chan but none the hivemind rubs off on me or makes me oppose it. other than that I just wageslave my life away without really thinking for myself. i'm blank
>>
>>26225792
Your interests are watching TV and browsing 4chan.

That's not going to attract very many people.

What do you do for a living?
>>
>>26225831
Work in a cafe. But what I mean is even if I may spend my time browsing 4chan and watching tv I still have nothing to say about either. I wouldn't be able to have a conversation about either cause I can't form opinions.
>>
>>26226082
You're just boring and stupid
>>
>>26226207
Welp, this thread turned out incredibly helpful for OP.

Go do cool stuff, OP. Anything you've ever seen on tv that cool people do, research about it and try it out if it interests you. Ditch it if you're no longer interested, continue if you like it.

Eventually you'll get something, even if it's something like recreating the pro-bowl match of 2004 with toothpick people or actually weacing tahitian tapestries.
>>
>>26226401
>Go do cool stuff, OP.
This is the best advice we can give. I hate to sound generic giving "Go outside for once" advice, but a personality is only developed through experiences. If you do nothing, you are nothing.
>>
What hobbies are interesting? All I do is watch YouTube videos about Science, Politics, Music, Television. Documentaries, and some others and watch and read Science Fiction.
>>
>>26226539
Why do you watch youtube vids about those subjects? Why don't you just take them up as hobbies
>>
>February 3rd , 2016
>People still thinks having hobbies gives you a personality

Hmm....
>>
>>26226580
It'll make people THINK you have a personality, which is enough to make them interested in you
>>
>>26226573
Well, Science is my hobby. I'm doing it at High School. +I also watch films.
>>
The only hobby that is ever going to come up in normal conversion is Football.
>>
>>26226674
Not true, anything active will.
>>
>>26226580
The reality is everyone is born what a personality. What we refer to as personality colloquially is just a collection of interests, experiences and perhaps charisma (or the appearance of it). So having hobbies, especially those that allow you to create or go out and gain new experiences does in effect give you some personality.
>>
>>26226648
>It'll make people THINK you have a personality

But that's the fucking problem, idiot. I doesn't give you it. I know guys who are virgins and plays sports and hit the gym while I see lol/wow gamers get qt chicks. Guts like OP are too clueless on who to talk to people and gain interest in the long term. Who cares if OP was a mountain climber if he doesn't even speak more than 4 words?
>>
>>26226753
So what is key to getting chicks then anon?
>>
Just invent a personality like youre playing a role. Or even several for different situations and audiences.
>>
>>26226729
Having hobbies only makes you LOOK good. It's almost worthless if one is shit with social interaction
>>
>>26226790
True. You also have to have the skill and confidence to converse with people.
>>
File: 1401681727741.png (50KB, 1333x631px) Image search: [Google]
1401681727741.png
50KB, 1333x631px
>>26226769
I'm a KV myself. But I at least cook, have a job, hit the gym, and love music. All I'm saying is hobbies itself won't give a person a personality.
>>
A personality is how you react to things and behave in certain situations and what you like. Notice how hobbies are only a part of that.

It seems to me that what you're looking for isn't a personality but something to stave away boredom.

Do you have friends? If so, what do you do with them? If not, why?
>>26226773
Don't do this, op, trust me. I have a different persona for each and every person I talk to and all it's managed to do was destroy my sense of identity even further.
>>
>>26226863
Sorry, what's a KV?
>>
>>26225702
I don't have a strong sense of personality, I'm an aspie though. It's like I can choose between being an extroverted joker or a serious, silent type and neither of them feels more "right"

I think "your personality" settles if you interact with people more often. Idk, I have no friends.

I wouldn't really bother with trying to gain a personality, so to speak. I think it would be better to do it the other way around- meaning doing more things and talk more to people and -you- will emerge on its own.

maybe
>>
>>26226868
How can you tell if you do HAVE a personality? Who doesn't?
>>
>>26226910
King Vuitton.

Learn the lingo , Newfag
>>
>>26226935
Gonna be honest here, you can't, really, but others can. If you don't have a strong identity, going out and "doing cool things" isn't really gonna give you one, it'll just distract you from the fact that you don't have one. If I could help, I would, but this is something I've yet to figure out myself.
>>
>>26227000
Oh no, I just wanted to know what a personality was, if going out doesnt get you one, how do you know if HAVE got one. I feel like I have one but at times I feel like it's not really a personality.
>>
>>26227000
>strong identity
With what?
>>
>>26227096
Yourself, presumably.
>>
>tfw have favorite bands, tv shows, anime, programming languages
>still can't find anything to talk about with people
I don't know why my mind goes blank every time I have to socialize. Its not like I don't have interests and opinions.
>>
>>26225702
Just be happy. Seeing through the illusion of your character/personality is the fundamental attainment of Buddhism and other eastern philosophies.
Of course it alienates you to a certain extend, but the less you identify with your story, the less you will feel pain and sorrow.
>>
>>26225702
You cannot gain it, its a combination of genetic and environmental factors.Its hardwired into you, you cannot change it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.