[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everything exist? How the hell do we even begin to understand

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: 1449373578476.jpg (129KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1449373578476.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
Why does everything exist? How the hell do we even begin to understand why the universe even exists? Everything should be nothing.

>tfw keeping myself awake every night with these thoughts
>>
File: 1423275668291.jpg (12KB, 211x231px) Image search: [Google]
1423275668291.jpg
12KB, 211x231px
I don't know, man. I think about it all the time too. People say life has no meaning, but it fucking must. How else is this all here? Do people not see how fucking not this all must be? It just can't be. There has to be a reason for this being here. We can just dismiss it because physical reality is just an every-day thing for us. But I really think there's a point to it all, you know?
>>
>>26221473
I can't take it anymore. My mind is in an infinite loop. Death is the only way to find my answers.
>>
>>26221424
>>26221473
samefag

kill yourself OP do the world a favor you fedora tipper
>>
>>26221424
you dont need to understand. You live with the knowledge that you are frail being and cannot know everything
>>
all this cohesion is/was planned by something. whatever is controlling everything isn't intelligent, i think intelligent is the wrong word.
whatever is driving everything is following a code, like a blueprint, but an extremely complex, webby blueprint, like an insane fractal.
the baseline blueprint is enough to form planetary bodies, my question is what purpose do the bodies have? i can understand stars, but planets?
planets must just be the consequence of gravity and light.
>>
>>26221558
God created everything, silly.
>>
Some food for thought, I've had a near death experience (even though I think it could be described more accurately by saying that I died and was resurrected) and, you know fucking what?

There actually is a tunnel with a white light son, when you "give up" you start feeling really warm and comfortable, you just stop worrying about everything, suddenly everything makes sense.

But, really, this was quite spiritual because the circumstances were "virtuous". I didn't try to kill myself and experienced this if you know what I mean.

If you really really want to die, how about becoming a cop/firefighter? Risking your life and stuff, you know?
>>
File: you are why.jpg (64KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
you are why.jpg
64KB, 469x750px
>mfw free will doesn't exist
>>
File: 4t2t2t2t2.jpg (5KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
4t2t2t2t2.jpg
5KB, 236x214px
>>26221599
i know you're saying a joke, but it's literally the most redundant thing you could've said.
>>
>>26221424

Read some Heidegger
>>
File: nash.jpg (120KB, 1204x915px) Image search: [Google]
nash.jpg
120KB, 1204x915px
>>26221645
reading prevents you from forming your own thoughts. it's for people not capable of critical thought.
>>
>>26221424
>>26221473
https://youtu.be/X9otDixAtFw
>>
>>26221424
Because "nothing" existing would be an impossibility. Nonexistence is just the lack of existence, and existence is just the lack of nonexistence. Furthermore, neither of these can exist without the other. For there to be something there must also be nothing to define it, and for there to be nothing there must also be SOMETHING to define it. Total nonexistence is illogical and impossible, that's why things exist. I realized this when I was 14, buddy.
>>
>>26221678
I wholeheartedly agree with this, but not everyone ever will be able to achieve a good ability to think critically. I've found myself reading Sartre (and others, but felt it worse when reading Sartre for some reason) with hopes of an "answer" more magical than the ones I've found myself, and really, there was no answer.

So, some people, you know, they should definitely read that kind of stuff. Others well, maybe give it a go, if you end up feeling like it was a waste of time, then just don't do it again. I've been disappointed way too often by all these "great thinkers" that "people" recommend reading.

The only true downside to this being that I don't have enough bullshit terms to explain myself in a way that subpar arrogant humans can allow themselves to agree that they do indeed understand me.
>>
>>26221678
wtf are you talking about? philosophy through the ages is basically just dudes reading someone else's shit and then telling everyone why it's wrong and their way of thinking is right.
>>
You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains?

I think the other 90% is used as storage for something far bigger than us. They seeded us across the universe as a USB stick that never fails. We procreate and expand, in the future to other planets to begin the process elsewhere. The weak links perish and the stronger hard drives live on, the precious information safely locked away in our minds waiting to be reclaimed.

I was 10/10 fucked when I thought of this desu.
>>
>>26221424
it's really weird isn't it??
no matter how well we describe how the system we exist in works, the question will remain: "but why tho?"
>>
File: 1285013402394.png (803KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1285013402394.png
803KB, 1440x900px
>>26221424
I watched this earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ure5lqlgFt8

Some very interesting topics to ponder about reality. No matter how deep we go, however, I don't think we'll ever find an inherent meaning to life. The nature of consciousness is a mystery.
>>
File: 1451829458272.gif (1MB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
1451829458272.gif
1MB, 680x551px
>>26221711
this

and here's what i believe, our world is like a perfect computer simulation, the world that made us can have different laws and it doesn't have to have a start or endings, our universe could be a bug in the system, maybe there are many other universes created too.
Then there was some backround info about our brains being the perfect small quantum computers which hold the information of ourselves, and information can't be destroyed, not even in a black hole.

There must be some kind of a meaning for everything, wouldn't make much sense if everything just popped out of nothing.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.