[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize your problems are your own, and not caused

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: paths.jpg (350KB, 1024x441px) Image search: [Google]
paths.jpg
350KB, 1024x441px
When did you realize your problems are your own, and not caused by anyone else?

Is it liberating or damning to know that everything you've done has lead to the life you now live, that we make our own destiny?
>>
>>26221246
I'd say a little of both. I feel the ability to change my course, but I lack the confidence or energy to do it
>>
>>26221246
what if your ugly? it's not your fault you were alienated just because you ugly.
>>
File: 0856711.png (13KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
0856711.png
13KB, 208x243px
Yes, my personal problems are my own

but the problems of the world are caused by fucking hook nosed Jews and that's a fact
>>
I realized it long ago, then I realized I was wrong again.
A lot of my problems are my own but there are some things I just can't help. Some problems that are beyond my control. Things aren't black or white, either. Most problems are partly my own, partly caused by outside factors.
>>
File: Sam_Harris_18179.jpg (590KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Harris_18179.jpg
590KB, 2560x1536px
>>26221246
>implying that free will even exists in that sense
>>
>>26221287
CARLOS! ... I mean SAM!
>>
if human beings can be influenced and traumatized by outside forces, how is what you said true, OP?
>>
>>26221246
>Is it liberating or damning
I find it both. honestly i wish it was more final. just let me suffer in the hell i've created for myself rather than expecting me to do something about it.
>>
I always did. Thats why I hate myself.
>>
>>26221246
>be born
>immediately have genitals mutilated leading to me not being able to get an erection
>force fed psychoactive medications by controlling parents starting at age 8 which the doctor now says fucked up my development

Yes OP, it's that simple. Everything is my fault!
>>
>>26221246
free will doesn't exist
we're nothing but a product of our environment
>>
>>26221246
>that we make our own destiny
If only. Our destiny was determined long before we were born, friendo.
>>
>>26221246
OP I believe you mistaken "that we make our own destiny" as "that destiny makes us". We truly are not free to choice.
>>
File: 10911fdabb459cb864b2cd4933788f5f.jpg (119KB, 736x1111px) Image search: [Google]
10911fdabb459cb864b2cd4933788f5f.jpg
119KB, 736x1111px
Your life is out of your hands at the moment of your conception.

You're born to parents not of your choosing, into a society not of your choosing. You will largely influenced by your parents, your society and your biology. All of your beliefs and opinions will be based on the experiences you gather from the world around you, and natural human propensity towards certain things.

The way you reason, your favorite foods, favorite color, type of music you enjoy, the type of people you dislike and enjoy, all of this is predetermined. You don't control the things that influence you, and half the time you aren't aware that they are.

People rationalize why they believe certain things or act in certain ways, but really everything about came from some external source barring what stems from genetics. If given enough data about someone, you can accurately guess their personality and how they would act in given instances. People are predictable because we're essentially just sentient, fleshy computers.

There's a reason behind every choice you make, and every choice is based off of a past experience or biological inclination. You don't control what synapses fire off in your brain when you encounter something or what chemicals get released. The brain evolved to minimize the amount of time relegated to conscious decision making.

But none of this implies we can't change. It simply means we need to be made aware that change needs to occur or be faced with circumstances that make change necessary.

This is a blatant troll thread, but I don't care. It's 5 in the morning and I have nothing better to do.
>>
When I was like 16

It really helped me overcome a lot of things and tackle what needed to be tackled

Some people never seem to understand how to do maintenance on themselves
>>
>>26221246
Why do problems have to be determined by someone? Why can't they just occur? Why do you think they're even problems in the first place?
>>
>>26221246
when I was 19, 6 years later I'm glad to say I caught it early enough.
>>
>>26221618
We are mere reflections of our own. If you bite into the apple the bunny will come out. Only if you jump 5 feet you will reach the inner radius of my heart. You should remember the calm sea, do you feel the serene air? Our generous days are gone and only you can surrender now. Lets find refugee from this terror and become one soul.
>>
Once you build up enough negativity, the sheer force of that inner-"FUCK YOU" at the world is enough to push you to transcension

being happy to SPITE the world.
>>
>Every machine has had the same history--a long record of sleepless nights and of poverty, of disillusions and of joys, of partial improvements discovered by several generations of nameless workers, who have added to the original invention these little nothings, without which the most fertile idea would remain fruitless. More than that: every new invention is a synthesis, the resultant of innumerable inventions which have preceded it in the vast field of mechanics and industry.

>Science and industry, knowledge and application, discovery and practical realization leading to new discoveries, cunning of brain and of hand, toil of mind and muscle--all work together. Each discovery, each advance, each increase in the sum of human riches, owes its being to the physical and mental travail of the past and the present.

>By what right then can any one whatever appropriate the least morsel of this immense whole and say--This is mine, not yours?
>>
>>26221246

>Being THAT fucking stupid

Your problems are caused by others.
Your problems were caused by your environment.

However, YOU are responsible for solving them.

If you don't fix them, nobody will.
If you want, you can fix them. If not, you can just procrastinate your life.

It's up to you. It's your life.
>>
Genetics, childhood divorce of my parents, being raised by a single mother and just being plain unlucky with the classes I was put in at school turned me into the 32 year old manchild failure I am today. I am blameless and nothing you could say will ever change my opinion

There is no free will. Our fate is set in stone from the moment we are conceived. The odds of this shitty life happening to me (or anybody else) are precisely 1/1
>>
That's not true though. Most of your life is determined by things out of your control, such as your genes and family.

Normies want you to think that everything is your fault, because then the only options you have are to hate yourself and eventually kill yourself, or "improve" and help normie society by improving.
>>
File: 1448810250554.png (1014KB, 2514x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1448810250554.png
1014KB, 2514x1202px
everything is completely your fault robots
why can't you just be succesful like me? just b urself

t. average normie
>>
File: ctf.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>26221246
I realized a while back I hate my life and that I have a shitty personality. It's why I am alone and will always be alone.

I don't know how to change my personality and I don't think I want to. However, it just makes life at work even more difficult since my negative attitude carries over into the workplace.

I need to take a journey away from people, the Internet, and just discover myself and really get to the core of the issue. It's the only way I will find solace, perhaps.
>>
Always. No one but myself is to blame for the current state of my life. I am going to try to unfuck some of it but no idea if I can succeed. If I don't I'll probably off myself in a few years.
>>
People have different capacities for bravery and self-motivation. Other factors should be taken into account as they can strongly affect how people with little courage and motivation live.
>>
But I have crippling mental illnesses and grew up in an abusive, broken, alcoholic house.
Worrying about if you're going to be forced to move back into a place like that when you're still in school makes it incredibly hard to even keep up.
>>
>>26221246

there are plenty of things that happen in people's lives that completely fucks them forever that they had no control in. Genetics for example.

You can solve a lot of problems in life but the ones that matter most tend to be the ones you'll never solve or simply can't be solved and it's not an issue of lack of will power it is entirely the scope of such things and how other people affect them negatively.
>>
>>26222220
What makes your personality shitty? And don't be vague
>>
I am the hand of madness. I will undo everything.
It is liberating to know this dream world is conjured by my mind
>>
Yeah, I totally had control over that gay pedo that raped me on multiple occasions when I was a kid and it didn't affect my development at all.

Or all those kids that bullied me.

And, surprise, I turned out to be a misanthropic hermit shitbag who tries to be as self-sufficient as possible. It's like the environment and other external forces are outside our control and they actually affect us, whoa.

Le free will "you're a blank slate" it's a meme. It's beyond me how people can be this delusional.
>>
>>26221246
>we make our own destiny
But that's simply not true. Who we have become, the actions we make, the end results of it all, they were all determined at the beginning of time itself.
My genetics, the environmental influences I am exposed to, etc. I had no legitimate control.
>>
>be a normie
>have extremely positive home life
>have literally no setbacks or challenges
>uuuh we make our own luck in life... just be yourself dude???
>>
I think this generation is more prone to falling into the victim mentality than previous generations.

/r9k/ isn't as unusual or subversive as it likes to think it is.
The fall into the same pattern of thinking as most millenials.

Talk politics to any millenial, and you will find the concept that dominates his thinking is the concept of 'privilege'.

It's undeniable that certain people may have an easier time in certain aspects of their life, or they have a little more wealth to exploit...
But to a millenial, privilege is the be all and end all of how a persons life turns out. The meritocracy is a lie. Hard work or drive gets you nowhere. Successful people need to be distrusted and looked down upon. Privilege can be reduced to a scale.

And I think this has grown from sudden left-wing swing that happened in the last century and is now dominating all thinking. The whole distrust of individuals who achieved success, and the belief that society needs to placate the disadvantage, instead of encouraging individuals to achieve success is close to marxist thinking.

I don't think its unreasonable to suggest there is some deep political undertone influencing how the younger generation turn out.
>>
>>26223389
>the idea that upbringing could possible affect development is a result of marxism
>>
>>26223397

upbringing affects development, but it doesn't always affect the outcome

Anyone can achieve success in a capitalist society if they work hard, no matter what their upbringing.

The right-wing believes in the power of the individual. The left-wing is about the collective.
>>
File: 1453698657844.jpg (21KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
1453698657844.jpg
21KB, 400x394px
>>26221246
Catholic upbringing, I've always blamed myself, feels mostly like pic related.
>>
>>26223506
you just made a series of statements you believe with no backing at all
but whatever, im sure an impoverished autistic person with no friends and an iq of 80 could become the president if he just be'd himself hard enough
>>
>>26223524
He said achieve success not 'become anything'. What kind of realistic successes you can achieve with a low IQ may not reach the heights of 'leader of the free world' but being an abject failure is not unavoidable.
>>
>>26221431
this

your problems are caused by everybody; you don't live in your own sterile plane of existence
>>
>>26221246
For every one on this thread,
Mom died at 6,
That completely disassociated me from the world for a long time,
Father was abusive,
Got a handfull of psychological issues,
Ended up addicted to amphetamines,
Ended up addicted to suboxine,
Ended up with all this bad shit,
Now..
In college with a full time job and working my ass off to make a life that I desire. If people blame the world for their problems, and say "oh I was born mentally fucked with a shit family situation and there is nothing I can do to make my life any better" that is plain weakness. Its about having faith in yourself. Here's the reality of things , most everyone has something not screwed in right up in there head its called being human. Were all fucked in one way or another. There are some things we can control, and some things that just can't be helped, its about figuring out what we can change and what we can't and utilizing ourselves to achieve the things that we are capable of. And we all are capable of so much. There are people born without legs who learn to live a full life. There are people born with down syndrome who learn to become functioning members of society. But..we are gonna sit here and bitch and bitch and bitch" I got bullied, my parents were assholes, I'm mentally incapable, yada yada da" well...I was always the odd one out, I sat in the corner listening to my pissed off music and feeling like an outcast, freaking out every time I felt threatened and then isolating myself from the world because I had no way of ever being taught confidence, then one day it was like, oh wow I can actually change this if I really want this. Seriously. There is no logical reason to blame the world for causing your pain. The world causes pain yes it does, but we choose whether we give a fuck about what it does to us, or if we give a fuck about what WE can do to us. Make your own decisions and don't blame the world for being the world. It just is what it is. Get over it and push you
>>
>>26223681
wow thanks ill just stop being ugly and get social skills from nowhere
>>
>>26223745
Anon, you may not be able to fix ugly, but you can curb it enough to make friends and get fucked by girls with work... Alot of work. And I'll not talking about "just start lifting", I'm talking about working on talking to people, losing some weight of you need to, finding clothes and accesories that help with the way you look, doing things that advance your station in the social group you're aiming for, etc, etc, etc....
>>
File: 1a1s.jpg (33KB, 497x458px) Image search: [Google]
1a1s.jpg
33KB, 497x458px
Mental illness is genetic so it is not my fault

I was born into a war and have extremely overprotective parents as a result. Being asocial is not my fault.

I'm ugly because I was born prematurely. This is not my fault.

I'm not blaming anyone, don't resent anyone. Life just gave me a shitty hand. The frustrating part is starting at the base of the mountain regarding absolutely everything.
>>
>>26223372
you think all successfull people come from a good home, and face no challenges?
>>
>>26223852
your advice is so reddity
lets be honest, you just got lucky and now youre posting about "hurr i worked hard for it"
>>
I did not choose to have a mother who was on therapy for 15 years.
I did not choose having a shit family who threatened my father because they wanted my mother to die alone.
I did not choose being abused by a babysitter, causing me a suttering problem that still haunts me today, causing me depression and Borderline Personality disorder.
I did not choose being short.
I did not choose to live in a country overrun with immigrants and corruption.

Fuck off OP. You should be beheaded.
>>
>>26223935
No... I'm saying you can fix shit if you want to commit thousands of hours you retard. Or don't fix shit, I was mostly saying that Alot of ugly people do just fine and the reason most people are better at social skills then you is because they've been practicing non stop since they where 3. When I say work hard you sperg I mean over the next 20 years... My advice isn't happy is just real
>>
>>26221246
It is 50-50. Take your cognitive dissonance elsewhere. If you want to be so self righteous, take a trip to Africa and tell the babbies they gave themselves aids.
>>
>>26224033
yeah, so our best option is to be 40 years old and have the social skills of someone decades younger than us and have nothing to show for their lives
>>
>>26223319
I'm sorry anon. Stay strong and keep moving forward.
>>
>>26224057
Either work on yourself or don't dude. That's on you. If you think that you are better off being a 40 year old who complained for 20 more years then do it. If you think you'll be happy with 20 more of the same then fuck man whatever. 20 more years for me is 50 dude. Btw I'm not saying that if you work for it you'll be king Chad thundercock, but if you're not progressing for those 20 years then what are you doing?
>>
>>26223319
hey man, it's easy to fix, just be yourself!
>>
>>26223319
You do have free will with what you do afterwards anon... I am honestly sorry for anything that's happened in your life but you can always decide a vague direction in your life... There's no clean slate, only course corrections
>>
>>26224119
the goalposts are now so fucking lose theyre touching
>>
>>26224166
I'm really not sure what you mean anon
>>
>>26224186
Not him but you're an idiot. He's implying you're shifting goal posts, an argumentative fallacy.
>>
File: 470px-Backtopol.png (270KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
470px-Backtopol.png
270KB, 470x600px
>>26221276
originaru desu, senpai.
For some reason this is not original, oh well.
>>
>>26224199
What shifting goalposts? I literally said either work on yourself or don't. And that how do you not progress (for better or worse) over your life? Since when is the age of 20 the year stasis begins? Because I fucking missed that memo
>>
>>26223319
OP is a faggot, stay strong anon, it's a good thing that you don't blame yourself, many victims do, and it makes things worse.
>>
>>26224239
I don't know, I'm not reading your or his replies. I'm just calling you out on not getting that.
>>
>>26224239
you went from "our upbringing doesnt affect our life path in any way" to "if you work continuously for 20 years at gaining a basic human trait you might not die in the street"
>>
>>26224267
Nope... 2 different people.., I'm not the first one. He hasn't talked since the first post you responded to dude... We don't even type alike
>>
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
>>
>>26224347
hey, i know that poem

I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
>>
>>26221246
I was blaming all my problems on my family while I lived with them.

Then I moved out, and nothing really changed.

So I blamed my problems on my housemates and their negative influence.

Then I moved out, and nothing really changed.

Now I live alone and blam my problems on work (same job as when living with family and housemates, work hasn't changed).
>>
>>26221246
liberating
depends on how your life looks now to be honest
>>
>>26221246
I can't fix or induce mental disorders so no I'll never realize that I gave myself actual autism and schizophrenia
>>
>>26221246
It's liberating if you start to better your life and start reaping the rewards.

It's damning if you don't because it sucks to know you are the only one to blame for your misery
>>
>>26221246
Whether something is a 'problem' or not is up to your own interpretation though.
>>
>>26224678
>>26224678
>It's liberating if you start to better your life and start reaping the rewards.
Look at this kid living in la-la-land
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.