[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suicide

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (51KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 960x720px
I'm an 18yo KV in his senior year of HS. Not to be a cunt, but I'm pretty smart too. I could have a pretty bright future ahead of me, but I don't really want one or care enough to work for one. I have no close friends to speak of, and my family is cold and distant. I see the society around me as rotten, crumbling and hollow, yet simultaneously feel powerless to stop it.

The only reason not to kill myself I've been able to come up with is the effect it would have on those around me. Even this excuse I see as pretty weak, becuase without the trauma inflicted by seeing a corpse, the wounds will eventually heal.

I pride myself on my ability to think rationally, as much of a meme as that is, so something like this is especially frustrating.

I've spent the last few hours reading various blog posts and other shit about why not to kill yourself, but most of it was cliched and shallow. Usually I wouldn't expect much more out of 4chan, especially recently, but I want to exhaust every option before seeking professional help. Most of what I've read points to most shrinks being hacks, so I'd like to put it off until I have no other choice.

Please fucking help. I'm not a memer that thinks life is pain, I simply can't think of a rational reason not to off myself.

>inb4 do it
>inb4 meaningless cliched platitudes
>>
An hero normie
>>
>I'm not a memer
Think again boy
We are all memes and all we speak are more memes
You are the contagion whether you like it or not
>>
You wont kill yourself. We all wanted to when we were 18 and blogged somewhere on the internet about it. Those with close friends or family probably shared it with them.

It's funny cause actually killing yourself is the best way out. You're in for nothing but disappointment, but nothing I can tell you will help you avoid the long, shitty future you have ahead of you.
>>
You, being young and having the potential to grow into someone with power, could become a driving force in asserting your ideals and fixing the world, making it better for you and those around you. If you die, you lose this opportunity despair wins at least one more time, and the world continues its downward spiral with no one to stop it.

Even if you do "succeed" you could end up being wrong and making things worse, or, at best, the changes you bring into place will only be noteworthy in a very incremental fashion unless you make some big discovery.

Realistically though? There is no rational reason not to. But, without understanding the nature of death, you can't say that there is a rational reason to, either, because in order to do so you would have to know what a death state is actually like, which you can't except by running conceptual simulations in your mind which may or may not be accurate. You are just like someone investing your hopes in god except your god is oblivion instead of a man in the sky.
>>
>>26220122
Well im 34 and the older you get, the shittier everything is. But at age 18 almost every kid has thoughts of suicide, however it's almost never genuine. Since you are genetically programmed to survive really strongly when you are so young.
>>
>>26220354
Is it just me or does this instinct fade rapidly with time?
>>
Well man I'm not gonna say not to do it cuz shit I know I'm gonna but..
>I was a kV till after highschool and that changed
>eventually got laid but life still sucks
>I did have a friend I made last year tho he killed himself a few months ago, I was bummed and shit ton of other kids were even from knowing him for so little so people will care

I dunno man if I'm even saying anything but just throwing some shit up

If ya do do it man do it in the middle of the woods my buddy shot himself in front of his gf at thetime ....don't do that
>>
Just imagine this. If you die, the hollow world will become even more hollow, and the cycle will feed itself.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 706x973px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 706x973px
>I pride myself on my ability to think rationally

Oh look we got another fedora tipper. Kill yourself faggit everybody thinks.
>>
File: Theater.png (3KB, 135x122px) Image search: [Google]
Theater.png
3KB, 135x122px
Don't you wanna be a super human?

Wouldn't you feel completely lame at the gates of heaven, in line with the souls who've had sex while skydiving, saved countless of lives, or some shit like recreating the first human? Or something that matters to you...

You gotta at least try, all these people wouldn't lie about life being fun if it weren't. You just gotta "milk the cow" so to speak. And you can't be scared to get the milk, you gotta get all that milk.

>Get the milk (resources)
>drink the milk
>get more energy
>get even more milk
>...
>get as much milk as you like

This is a little secret that I've learned, one that the SH don't want me to know:
You can't control society, but you can control people.

Just gonna say, it seems to me like you're bored, intellectual. You need a challenge.

You could either:
> try to enter the illuminati
>or be boring and do regular stuff like parties or interesting jobs, or like have a secret double life...

OP THAT'S IT! YOU SHOULD HAVE A DOUBLE LIFE. (If you agree, don't say so.)

This was an interesting session. I think we've made a breakthrough. Meet me again tomorrow at your local library. I will be wearing the rasta beanie as to not attract suspicion. Dont ask me who I am/who do I work for. I'm just there to collect my online therapy fee of $100
>>
>>26220362
it's rly not that fast i think, even 80+yr old folks will fight like a lion when u try to kill them sometimes.
>>
>>26220617
>tfw want to enter the illuminati
I think they rejected me tho but I don't know
They are so cryptic and ambiguous
>>
File: Sir Tippington.jpg (39KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Tippington.jpg
39KB, 540x540px
>>26220122
>but I'm pretty smart too
>Even this excuse I see as pretty weak
>but most of it was cliched and shallow
>>
>"Wah my life is shit, tell me why I shouldn't kill myself"
>doesn't say why he wants to die

oh boy
>>
>>26220701
>but I'm pretty smart too
He might be
>Even this excuse I see as pretty weak
He backed up why he thinks this. You could attack what he has to say instead of invoking stupid memes that don't mean anything.
Oh so priding yourself on thinking irrationally is better?
>but most of it was cliched and shallow
It usually is tho. Canned responses to suicide threats are pretty frequent, especially because it's a little taboo to handle it in any not socially-approved way.

Such a stupid fucking meme.
>someone thinks they're smart and this is bad
>>
>>26220661
Bro you're not even supposed to say you believe in the ills if you wanna join.

Did you even watch their subtle propaganda video? Have you seen Fight Club? It pretty much tells you everything.
>>
File: 1451016199297.jpg (14KB, 599x311px) Image search: [Google]
1451016199297.jpg
14KB, 599x311px
Been struggling the same as you, with an extremely rational mind. I'm afraid that not killing yourself for your family's sake is your best bet. It is currently the only thing stopping me from doing something extremely illegal and then shooting myself. Logically, we should just do it, but we have to factor in things that are not logic, such as emotion, or more accurately the emotion of things around us. Sorry for edgyshit response, but take it from someone in the exact same situation and age that you are, and has been for years. Well, obviously the same age for years.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>26220755
>"I analytically deconstruct fedora posts"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbxNCpG1NBY

Hope it helps.
>>
>>26220784
Oh so they kicked me because I told everyone about what happened? I figured it wouldn't matter because everyone would think I was insane anyway

I just wanted them to be less ambiguous
>>
I feel the same way. I'm too pussy to end it and I feel empty and lonely.
>>
>>26220122
Dishonorabru. Why you want die at young age accomplish nothing? Why not die gloriously in battle against ISIS? Or die after spending all money on blow and hookers in Mexico?
>>
DO WHAT YOU WANT OP
O

W
H
A
T

Y
O
U

W
A
N
T

All influence is immoral

Maybe if you kill yourself your family will get so depressed that they'll all kill themselves too
The shockwave will ripple outwards until everyone is so fucking sad from all of the death surrounding them that they all do it too. We will fall like dominos and no one will be left to feel bad. Suicide contagions are actually a thing.

P R O B L E M
S O L V E D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide
>>
File: 1412023370129.gif (232KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1412023370129.gif
232KB, 640x480px
Those sites really are retarded. Make your own list of reasons to live. There's no stupid reason to not kill yourself. For a while 'I want to see what happens in Hellboy' was reason number one on the list I made myself write. And I haven't eaten a bullet yet, so.
You'll probably grow out of it, I'm not even that much older at all but I grew out of that. I'm a happy drunk and got a flask and some cheap vodka I can slip into my drinks. Not much, just enough to make me fun. And then everybody likes me again. Not condoning underage drinking if you're murrican, just saying it's a thing I do.
>>
CRAWWWWLING INN MYY SKIINNNN
>>
>>26220122
>`18yo
Nigga please.
>>
>>26220122
Truth is it doesn't really get better unless you change something.

It can be the smallest change but you will feel better over time having changed that one thing.

If nothing changes then time will eat away at you until you eventually kill yourself.

As long as you hold on to making small changes you will hang on.

People won't understand how you feel even if you tell them. This is for you to deal with by whatever means you can.

I've been hanging on for a few years. Some days are bearable and some aren't.

Or just go for it.

It won't affect me. I'm halfway around the world from you little robot and I have my own shit to deal with.
>>
>>26220122
You're 18. It's like you trying to explain to a 10 year old why they should keep living. Way too early in the game.
>>
>>26220122

I think of myself as being rational, too, so here is my reason not to kill myself. It comes with a distinction up front.
What is more important to you, happiness or no sadness?

If happiness: killing yourself ends all possible future prospects of happiness, thus preventing what you seek.
If however you just want the sadness and pain to stop and don't care about happiness... Well I can't help you there.

For me it's the former
>>
>>26220122
18 kv here op
Already left hs tho
Most people tell me I'm smart
You're not alone
>>
You got born inferior(if you didn't, you would have friends, etc). All your life is going to be shit. You're gonna be bullied by the normies who thanks to having friends(being lucky) have better social skills. It's never gonna get better. You can deal with it and become a good puppy who serves the normies and is "happy" through it. Because if you become the good goyim, normies will try to "help" you by indulging your delusion that you're happy. Who knows, you might even get to beta provide for some Chads used up slut!

So exciting!
>>
Lol @ 18 year olds talking about how bad the world is.

Go to Yemen for 6 months and you'll realize how good you actually have it. Also society has only ever been 3 missed meals away from collapse.
>>
Sister Y will convince you that either you're too stupid to understand smart writing or you should kill yourself. Win win.
>>
>>26222386
>muh starving african kid fallacy

Just because it's worse somewhere else doesn't mean people should be content when normies shit on them.
>>
>>26222386

If I can't be sad because others have it worse than I do, that also means I can't be happy because others have it better than I do

You and your starving, crippled, retarded, transexual, blind niggers can fuck off
>>
>>26222380

goyim is the plural of goy.

as for OP, the reason you stick it out is because things can turn around, and the daily joys may be better than eternal nothing. of course you have to endure the daily pains as well, but it's not often you interview some 50 year old and he says he wish he'd killed himself at 18. plenty of 50 year olds are very glad they didn't give in to killing themselves at 18; far outnumbering all those (who would be glad or not) who kill themselves before 50.

when i was in my early 20s, i was sure i would kill myself because i was lonely and figured it would only get worse and more pathetic. it didn't. im 31 now and live with a wonderful woman and am fairly happy. even if you remove the woman from the equation, i still get to watch movies and eat and read interesting things and see beautiful things and take cozy showers and work on my hobbies and work toward my goals and do countless other pleasurable things that make me feel it's probably worth it to stay alive at least for a few more years. and i bet i'll feel the same way when i'm 50.

it's possible you're clinically depressed and would benefit from an SSRI or something, but it could also be you just need to make more of an attempt to surround yourself with better people who make your life more enjoyable. you have way too much potential at age 18 to just give up already.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.