[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just start lifting bro

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: 1449562628637.jpg (123KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
1449562628637.jpg
123KB, 780x818px
>be hungry skeleton
>go to the gym for the first time in my life
>don't really know what I'm doing so just pick up some dumbbells
>struggle to lift the nearly lightest ones there
>this one Chad picks up the heaviest weights and starts lifting right next to me
>seeing him lift those huge weights with his giant arms while I struggle to lift babby weights with my noodle arms completely destroys my self esteem
>after a few minutes he tries to talk to me and give me advice
>"t-thanks"
>lift for a few more minutes then call for my mom to pick me up
>haven't gone back since
>>
>Go for run at 5am before dog walkers ruin entire track on some days.
>Do 20 push ups on every hour every other day.
>Improving and haven't had to talk to a soul.

That's why they call me the Regginator
>>
>>26209443
>>seeing him lift those huge weights with his giant arms while I struggle to lift babby weights with my noodle arms completely arouses me to have an erection
ftfy
>>
>>26209443
Similar feel
>be hungry skello
>motivated to work out at home
>push ups, have 25's and 30's for other exercises
>try eating 3200 calories every day
>gained 5 pounds in a month
>got sick
>couldn't eat anything
>lost the weight
>lost motivation
Back to skellyland
>>
>>26209443
>lifting for other people
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>26209443
You should listen to his advice. The best progress you ever make is in the 1st few weeks of working out.

Also go to the gym late at night on a friday/saturday. All the chads aren't there.
>>
>>26209443
Aww, he liked you cos you make him look good by comparison.

If girls were watching I bet they were all thinking the same thing
>>
>go to the gym for the first time in my life
>don't really know what I'm doing so just pick up some dumbbells
>struggle to lift the nearly lightest ones there
>this one Chad picks up the heaviest weights and starts lifting right next to me
>seeing him lift those huge weights with his giant arms while I struggle to lift babby weights with my noodle arms completely destroys my self esteem
>it also make me a bit horny
>he offers me tips about lifting
>I can't understand a thing because I'm blushing and staring at the floor
>I go back home
>I decide to go next day to cancel my subscription
>but Chad is there waiting for me
>he tells me I forgot my back pack so he came back at the same time to see if I was there
>oh shit I can't cancel my subscription in front of him
>shit shit shit
>Chad talks to me
>asks me to spot him while he lifts
>not going to lie watching him flex his arms and lift so much weight makes me feel a little bit tingly
>train with Chad everyday
>chads gym friends jokingly call me his gym girlfriend
>it's ok its just banter but it feels good to have friends so I don't complain
>one day Chad and I meet at the sauna
>on my god why am I starring at his dick
>don't stare you retard
>I look at him, oh shit he noticed
This could have been you op, why didn't you go back the next day
>>
>afraid to go to a gym because I have no one to show me the ropes

I would kill for a mentor OP, and you just threw him away. Fuck you, you faggot.
>>
>>26209929
There's thousands of guides and forums out there to help you, I started lifting at home and did just fine.
>>
>>26209443
TFW no robot gym buddy to mutually help each other improve and help with my anxiety of being alone.
>>
>>26209929
hes not "mentoring" anyone jackass. making one off comments on form is not mentoring
>>
>>26209443
Don't give up! Keep at it and you'll notice a difference quicker than you think
>>
>>26209983
He liked you tho he was just trying to catch your attention. Guys go do that sorth of thing in front of cute girls all the time you completely misunderstood the while thing
Go back to that gym idiot
>>
File: 13813883137.jpg (8KB, 203x203px) Image search: [Google]
13813883137.jpg
8KB, 203x203px
>>26209707
>>lifting for other people
>You're doing it wrong.

Not OP, but should I just not lift at all then, so far I've never lifted but tried other sports and exercises numerous times and they have never been fun long term.

Longest I ever stuck to something was 1 year of basketball and that only lasted as long because some of my friends were on the team aswell. I always was the worst of them though.
>>
>>26209443
if you dk how to lift, just use the machines for now
>>
>>26209626
kill yourself reddit nigger seriously
>>
>>26209611
>regginator

Reggie Peralta? Is that you?
>>
>>26209443
Faggot. Stop obsessing over random guys msucles when you're at the gym for you. Also random dudes trying to give advice will always happen once in a while at the gym, you're supposed to ignore it like every other social interaction. Anyway, the hardest part about lifting is eating if you're a hungry skelly, not the actual exercise
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 856x907px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 856x907px
>>26209443
>going to the gym without a routine in hand and having researched how to do the lifts with proper form

Low energy

LOSER
O
S
E
R
>>
>>26209972
I don't have barbells, only dumbbells, and I've never stepped foot in a gym. It's one thing to look at videos for form and another thing entirely to actually pull them off. How will I know I have bad form if I have no one to point it out?
>>
>>26210114
uhh, n-no
>>
>>26209443
OP take this from a fellow robot- I've been lifting around 3 years now. If there's something to learn at the gym it is never to judge someone based on what they lift. You are there for YOU- judging a weak person at the gym is like judging a jobless person at the job centre. It is nonsensical. Trust me OP, get back in the gym and power through that shit. I see myself in you. My advice would be for you to check out a programme called stronglifts 5x5 (google it). Stick to that shit to the T and you will be out lifting most fucking chads. Good luck.
>>
>skinnyfat
>been going to the gym for two weeks and a day
>not feeling stronger or looking better yet
The slow ramping up that comes along with SS is somewhat tedious in the beginning but I refuse to fucking stop. If I hadn't stopped last January I'd be shredded already.
>>
>>26209443
>go to the gym
>no Chad approaches me
>no Chad playfully smacks my bottom
>nobody wants to play in the shower
All those buzzfeed articles lied about bro culture. I want my money back
>>
File: zyzzlastselfie.jpg (64KB, 414x691px) Image search: [Google]
zyzzlastselfie.jpg
64KB, 414x691px
>>26209443
hey, I just started lifting too, and I got pretty mad the other day because my back was hurting from deadlifts (have to work on my form) and my shoulder was hurting on bench press.

But I realized there's no use getting pissed off at not being huge because it takes time and dedication. I'm going back tomorrow and I'm going to keep a positive attitude. Eat a lot, lift heavy, stay consistent and keep your discipline. Hopefully after a couple months I can see some solid progress.

Just keep at it, man. That guy probably gave you advice because he remembers when he started out lifting and he knows it isn't an easy journey.

Good luck familia
>>
Why not just use the machines? That's what I do. I never even picked up a dumbbell, because then I'd have to walk over to where all the scary Chads are.

What is even better about the feee weights than the macines?
>>
>>26209443
Why not buy some 20 dollar weights and do it all at home dummy
>>
>>26209626
upvote for you, sir XD
>>
>>26209443
READ THE STICKY you
E. Stupid
T. Cunt
H. Seriously
E. It
S. Is
T. Not
I. Hard
C. Unless
K. You
Y. Believe
It
To be
>>
>>26209443
>gets intimidated by stronger person at the gym
>>>/planetfitness/
>>
>>26210548
Machines aren't giving you realistic movements, stabilizer muscles get completely neglected, and you're more prone to injury
>>
>>26210359
This OP, No one in the gym judges or makes fun of the newcomer skellies/fatties.
Starting Strenght, Stripped 5x5 or Stronglifts 5x5 are good beginner routines for the basics. They are great because they actually make you stronger instead of meme-tier brosplits
>>
>>26210548
>What is even better about the feee weights than the macines?
Just use the machines to compliment your compound movements and dumbbell exercises. They area acceptable for the end of your sets when you are working on isolation exercises.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 500x497px
>unwanted advice
>people trying to befriend you

I'm not here to make friends, get out
>>
Chad didn't start lifting those heavy weights the first time he went to the gym.

He started with babby weights, just like you. His only advantage is that he's been lifting for probably 5 years.
>>
Not even going to read the thread but those gym chads are actually pretty helpful honestly, they really just want to help smooth you along, everybody has to start somewhere
>>
What's the point of lifting when you're fat? You can't lose weight and gain strength at the same time.
>>
>>26210831
>>26210784
>>26210682
this. most people dont care how skelly/fat you are unless youre literally <100 or >500 pounds
>>
File: 1449521101658.jpg (25KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1449521101658.jpg
25KB, 228x221px
>>26210668
>>26210748
Crap, that's all I've been doing, since, like, ever.
>>
>>26210852
Lifting helps to get improve your metabolism so you'll burn more calories even while resting.
>>
Gym bro here, get your ass back to the gym!

Tired of hearing about people being too embarrassed to go to the gym, yeah you're a skeleton.. But you were there lifting, doing something about it. He respected you for that.

We all started somewhere, if I'd had been in there I would tried to give some advice myself. Because most people like you quit the first week, just stick through it man. You really got to have some motivation.

I was a little over 33% BMI, now i'm ripped. First month or so I could barely do one push up.

All I can say is IT GETS BETTER.

It becomes easier to do that push up, you get used to that "burn" that you probably hate.. You end up loving that burn, it means your making progress. Your pushing yourself, learn to love that feeling.
>>
op lifting is a meme

think about it. the only ones ever talking about looking better, having better body etc are men. now think about the rumors of the gay showers at gyms. yes working out is to look better. but it's too look better for other men.
>>
lifting works, sort of. It will take at least six months and probably at least a year, but it works. You'll get a bit of attention but eveyrthing else depends on your personality.

Work hard and eat tons of good food and sleep like a child. do this for six months.
>>
>>26209443
that guy doesn't sound that bad to be fair. Good on him.

I'm 55kg op, and 6ft so i'm a fucking skele too. Trying to eat more but it's just fucking hard. I'm just not fucking hungry mang. Also i'm >pescetarian so whenever i ask for advice on what to eat people just laugh at me and tell me i'm a faggot for not eating meat etc

i have some weights my brother didn't use at home, so i started doing 5x5 Bench, Squat, Deadlift, OH Press, Bicep Curl and Bent over Rows every day but i could hardly bench 30kg to 5x5 without feeling like death and i felt so pathetic after a while i quit
>>
>>26211708
also
>try to do a pushup properly, like all the way to the ground, arms in line with shoulders not way out in front of me
>pipecleaner biceps (literally like 8 inches around at MOST) shake uncontrollably and buckle but manage a couple.
>feel the need to cry
>numb the pain with video games
>later that night see something motivational and decide i'm going to change my life this time
>try something like a push up but different the next day
>fail
>repeat
>>
File: 1453434473140.png (61KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1453434473140.png
61KB, 500x379px
Let me tell you a story, OP. Ya see, I've been lifting for a couple weeks and I'm no where near being where I want to be obviously. I was trying to get my fingerprint to register with the door lock so I could get out of the cold when this fuckin' Chad came over and let me in (he'd seen me in there before so he knew I wasn't a scumbag). After thanking him I walked into the main room and saw this fat guy, probably 19 or so, doing leg presses in a hoodie he had pulled over his head. Do you know what I thought when I saw that guy in the gym? I thought to myself, "Good for this guy. There's obviously something he isn't comfortable with in his physique so he's coming here at night just like me so that he can fix it." He was pretty nice too, popped his headphones out to ask if he could move a barbell loaded up for Deadlifts from in-front of the Squat rack (I know for a fact Chad left it there since I had to work in between his DL's two days prior) and I told him it wasn't for me so he was welcome to move it. After that we didn't speak to each other again, I did my half an hour of work and went home.

The moral of the story is, don't just assume people are judging you harshly for being at the gym and being weak. I still go late at night so I can do my 65lb Bench without being cackled at but honestly there might not even be a single person who would care during the day. Stick with it, robo-P. We're all gonna make it brah. that's when you'll start getting judged by the skinnyfats and skellys, like i do to that Chad who let me in
>>
>>26211862
do wall push-ups nigger
>>
Whenever anything like this happens, making it into a sexual fantasy always helps a lot
>>
>>26209443
Top kek nothing like putting dyel skellys in their place. Certified gym bully here one of my favorite activities is going up to tiny cucks and asking to work in with them on squats and then over head press their max squat while yelling out "lightweight baby!". I also like curling white tiny little guys bench to exert my dominance over them.
>>
File: blanket pepe.png (101KB, 500x366px)
blanket pepe.png
101KB, 500x366px
>>26210989
me too, have I been wasting my time?
>>
>>26209443
yea m8 seeing other people lift more then you means you shouldn't lift . totally legit conclusion .
i guess i was born fucking retarded because by that logic i should have killed myself as a baby , why fucking live if people are doing marathons and you cant even stand let alone walk .

im just saying you're fucking stupid ,90% of the time im the biggest guy at the gym and on my first day there i was the DYELest guy in the gym .
>>
>>26209443
How do people end up doing shit like this in age of high speed internet, look up some fucking youtube videos about fitness, there's literally thousands of channels.
>>
>>26213686
he didnt even gym-bully him , he just fucking did his routine and OP got triggered .

OP please dont go to the gym , the gym is for ripped strong guys only . its pretty much an unwritten law that if you cant do a decent bench\squat you shouldn't come and waste time on the squat rack for actual lifters .people like you shit up the gym for everyone else .everyone knows you get strong and THEN you start going to the gym , not the other way around .
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.