[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you deal with the huge posibility of life having no meaning

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

how do you deal with the huge posibility of life having no meaning and then you stop existing?
>>
Why is a meaning of life necessary to you?
>>
Life having a meaning or not wouldn't matter to me anyway since if it doesn't feel good I wouldn't want to fulfill my life's purpose anyway, so as long as what I'm doing feels good i'm alright senpai.
>>
I think it's a pretty small possibility that life has no meaning. I mean, if you think about it, it's bullshit to think everything that ever existed was just some condensed ball of matter then exploded into everything exists now. That takes a retarded amount of faith that I don't have so I'm just waiting to see how things play out and enjoying my time here in life.
>>
>>26208053
Drink
Youll be dead before you know it
>>
>>26208053
Feels pretty conforting to be frank

I mean even if I fuck up majorly, at the end of the day I'm a speck of dust that'll barely impact the world much less the Universe. And then I'll dissapear and that's that.
>>
>>26208053
existentialism anon,look it up
also where is that screen from?
>>
>>26208267
bowies last videoclip "lazarus"
>>
>>26208053
it would be preferable
>>
>>26208077

Without meaning, all that is left is hedonism. That isn't enough for me.
>>
>>26208053
What do you mean "huge possibility?"
>>
>>26208053
que 10,000 rationalizations and excuses...

how do you deal with anything? you dont. you just feel like shit about it for ages, until enough time passes that you just get bored of it, acclimatize to it, or you kill yourself, or you find some new problem to worry about.
>>
File: Image2.jpg (5KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Image2.jpg
5KB, 299x169px
Our meaning to life is to keep living. It simple, not as fascinating as you'd like it to be, but it's still something. All things come to an end once I died I run my meaningful course. Everyone has different ambitions or motivations to pursue, and all we come to an end. but as a species our legacy continues to grow and better itself throughout the course of time.
>>
I'll try again next time, and if there isn't a next time, well that sucks for me. There is literally nothing I can do about that and there is no point in trying
>>
It's pointless to fear the inevitable. If you still think there is a chance of an afterlife, that is the root of your fear. Only shit sucking monkeys are afraid of judgement because they can't trust their own.
>>
In other words, you're simply asking "how do I deal with being bored?"

By doing something that benefits you, fucking prick. Being a spoiled faggot isn't profound or poetic. Take responsibility.
>>
>>26208053
i don't care, ppl suck why should i owe anything to them by fullfiling some meaning to my existence

i just want to listen to jazz albums till i die
>>
>possibility
it is simply the truth
the only life that matters is now
AND BOY AM I LIVING THE DREAM
NEET4LYF
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Everything you have done during your life will be worthless when you die. Every. single. Thing. If you are not rich, then nothing will matters to the world. Nothing. You will die, and then every of your possession will be taken off your dead body and your steam account will stay disconnected, forever. You will get burned and you will never feel anything else after you have lost your last sense which is hearing.

Profit.
>>
By realizing that meaning is meaningless.
>>
>>26208383

Well mister being human is not enough for me, if pleasure is not what you seek then just become somebody's bitch and derive no masochistic pleasure from it since you value your capacity for pleasure so little
>>
I've never really subscribed to the idea of working and 'earning a living'. I've recently come to the conclusion nothing means shit. So, instead of killing myself like I have already almost done twice, I'm quitting my job at the end of the year and I'll just travel the world, working in random places like bars or freelance until I get bored and then move to another country.
>>
>>26208801
>fails at life
>"w-well I guess nothing means shit! I'll just travel that will change everything"
Complete incoherence aside, it sounds like you have no intention of quitting your job or doing anything "random"
>>
>>26208112
>retarded amount of faith
it isn't faith, it has been proven you fucking retard
>>
>>26208383
You are free to make your own meaning
>>
>>26208987
giving in to jews and being a docile little slave all your life so you can afford a new car or iphone once in a while is what failing and giving up on life really is
>>
>>26209009
Also it wasn't a condensed ball of MATTER, retard. It was a condensed DOT (that's zeroth dimension, faggot) of energy.
>>
its not long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8r4cfXRUM
>>
>>26208053
Meaning is a human construct. It doesn't exist objectively. Who cares? Just try to be happy while you're alive. Once you're dead it won't matter.
>>
We are thrusted upon this earth unwillingly and from that moment on we are marching to our grave. There is no point to it all and the worst part is that we can't enjoy it fully do to factors beyond our control like our very nature, there is no true free will we are always conditioned by the environment that surrounds us and inane shit that most of the time we don't even remember that happened to us when we were younger.
>>
I sincerely hope that's it to be honest fameleon
>>
>>26209608
And what exactly do you mean when you say 'you'?
hehehehehehehehehe
Perhaps what you mean by 'you stop existing' is the ego ceasing to exist?
PROTIP: once you get rid of the ego you reach paradise
>>
>>26208053
You jes gotta live day to day, man, and hope that when it comes it'll be quick.
>>
>>26208053
one part screaming into a pillow, two parts shitposting
>>
>>26210712
>>26210712
>once you get rid of the ego you reach paradise
is tht even possible?/ will it come back after u've let it go for a while
>>
File: 1426562118920.png (94KB, 1445x695px) Image search: [Google]
1426562118920.png
94KB, 1445x695px
>>26208053
Did you just listen to Lazarus and have an existential crisis anon?

It had that effect on me.
>>
>>26210866
Haha you cannot fall back into a lie once you've broken out. Do you still believe in Santa?
>>
>>26208053
Nothing to deal with -- that's how it is.
>>
Giving as little of a shit as possible. You only have the one life, so enjoy it.
>>
File: 1453194563051.jpg (129KB, 731x646px) Image search: [Google]
1453194563051.jpg
129KB, 731x646px
>>26208053
i do what i do
>>
>>26211045
no... but are u saying our ego is a lie?

are drugs a requiremnt in order to reach such a state of enlightenment? not even trolling
>>
>>26211109
Do you think Jesus and Buddha were stoned as shit when they became enlightened? My friend yes, the ego is a lie, this concept of you is a lie and you don't need any lies.
Here are two things to help you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Bulls
Explains the process of breaking out.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFfM65xLnO-GGdbO5yYuQvaKOhG6j1Ih7
Is a pretty amazing youtube channel that will explain to you in a way anyone can understand if they have the time to watch hour long videos what enlightenment is and how to achieve it.
>>
>>26208053
Just deal with it I guess

Some might say ''to be happy' but there's nothing happy or enjoyable about life, it's pure sadness and misery
>>
>>26208383
maybe you can try and become a member of pyrowolf kin
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 301x903px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 301x903px
>>26208053
I can't deal with it.
>>
File: isthisreallife.jpg (48KB, 502x432px) Image search: [Google]
isthisreallife.jpg
48KB, 502x432px
>>26208053
usually when the realization strikes me, I find a quiet place and rub one off

it strikes me quite often
>>
>>26208053
for as far as conscious go, you might as well die when you sleep, and another copy of you with same exact psyche/memory/physiology replacing you the next day
>>
>>26208383
if you're not a hedonist. why aren't you fully satisfied with your experience? There's nothing to receive.
>>
>Just imagine sisyphus happy bro!

Some people are born to be unhappy and suck up all the world's unhappiness. Enjoy your eternal torment.
>>
Risk, Faith, Power
>>
>>26208053
Same way a dog or an amoeba does

NOT GIVING A FUCK

I swear only complete idiots obsess over life having some esoteric meaning beyond reproduce and die.

Lets think for a second what is the meaning of math?

Why do the laws of physics exist

Why does anything exist at all?

Just because the universe is is a reasonless reality we simply add definitions so our human brains can comprehend it somewhat but the inner working of our reality are incomprehensible based on what we have discovered in quantum physics like:

Retrocasuality(Future changes affect the past)
Quantum Entanglement
Quantum Zeno(Particles dont exist in a definate state UNTIL YOU MEASURE THEM THATS RIGHT AND WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU ARE MEASURING BECOMES REALITY)
Quantum superposition(a particle exists everywere until you observe in a specific spot where it will then become reality, basically if you arent looking at an atom it will exist everywhere).

Retrocasuality implies that time can run backwards for particles and that particles time travel ALL THE TIME.
>>
>>26208053
I really, really hope that after death there is nothing. No existence = no pain.
>>
I understand it but I do not behave like I do

But to know and not change is to not have known
>>
The universe as a whole is one consciousness that experiences everything at once. You are part of that and will not truly die until the universe does.
>>
>>26212477
i feel like it would be when you are deep under for surgery, time doesnt exsist.
>>
>>26208053
10:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrL7wo5-nJo
>>
This is why I became an antinatalist. This existential horror is not worth perpetuating.
>>
>>26208053
LOOK UP HERE, I'M IN HEAVEN! bloxblox
>>
File: 1450370301966.jpg (103KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1450370301966.jpg
103KB, 750x1050px
>>26208077
this comment may or may not be original
>>
File: whore.png (194KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
whore.png
194KB, 704x396px
>>26208053
>booze
>niptoons
>music
>pussy
want more?
>>
>>2621247
just come home no mind
>>
>>26214251
This is no freedom
>>
>>26208053
>set a goal
There, your life has meaning. Wasn't hard faggot.
>>
in bowies blackstar song when it goes into that middle section I get teary eyed

goddammit Bowie y u do dis
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 200x252px
trust in Jesus. He loves you wants you to be happy go and sin no more, child.
>>
>>26208053
Life is it's own meaning. Stop pretending to add to it and live the way you know you want to.
>>
Purpose is a human perception, philosophy derived from over thinking too much.

Life = sex and reproduce, your offspring are your successors; it's nothing complicated really.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.