[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

chronic procrastination

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

>didn't do math assignments so I didn't go to class today, as a result also missed the quiz that is being held today as well as the test review
>have yet to do 5 page rough draft due at 12:30 literally because I'm too preoccupied with shitposting
>probably going to write phony email to teacher saying my car won't start so I can't get to school today

I feel like my body is telling me to not do school because literally every fiber of my being seems to be against doing the work. Previously I was hesitant to do the work, but still got it done. Now I've practically lost all will. On top of that, my degree is useless: it's a fucking associates in libshit arts. My two classes this semester are the last two to complete it and this is all that's keeping me from dropping my classes totally, well that and the fact I've already spent money on them.

pic related is my attitude towards my current situation, not sure what the fuck to do.
>>
I'm in the same situation. Have too much work to do and other things are looming ahead. So I have shut down and lost all motivation to do anything.
>>
File: 1453546285592.png (31KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
1453546285592.png
31KB, 591x422px
>>26202770
>>26203032
Same situation here.
umm do you anon wanna group up?

meet me in this thread in exactly30
>>
30 minutes I mean
>>
>>26203304
o-ok anon

robot is gay lol
>>
File: kkkkkkk.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kkkkkkk.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>26203375
H...h.. HI! anon!
Let's do this
>>
>>26203857
Sup senpai. What do. I just slept. How was your day?
>>
>>26203868
I skipped school because I was so exhausted .
Still didn't finish my assignment .
Watched the new x Files episode ,which was really funny
It's around 10 PM here in case your'e wondering
So I just wanna finish this assignment and go to sleep cause I have to wake up at 6AM
Let's do it
sorry for the long text[/spoiler}
>>
>>26203940
Where do you live? Yeah you probably should do your assignment - wish I had the same attitude right now.
>>
Just drop out dude

What the fuck do you need a libshit arts degree for
>>
File: vvvvvvvvv.jpg (328KB, 1121x657px) Image search: [Google]
vvvvvvvvv.jpg
328KB, 1121x657px
>>26204011
>Where do you live?
2paranoid4u f@m
>wish I had the same attitude right now.

The Idea was we'd do it together
motivate each other and whatnot

>>26204030
pls no bully
>>
>>26204053
I'm serious, what are you planning to do with it?
>>
>>26204069
I'm not the OP
I'm STEM{/spoiler}
>>
File: sucide is imminent.jpg (108KB, 408x510px) Image search: [Google]
sucide is imminent.jpg
108KB, 408x510px
The "I" stands for Incomplete. This was a great semester.

I'm going to kill myself soon.
>>
>>26204109
what do P and F mean?

t.not amerifat
>>
>>26204118
Not him but ,probably pass and fail
>>
Discipline is better than motivation. Just start doing the work and after a while you'll reach flow state of mind and want to keep going. Also it feels like every fiber of your being is against doing it because you're a lazy piece of shit and browsing 4chan all day takes no energy whereas doing schoolwork will require you to actually struggle a bit
>>
what's the problem OP?
I finished university with a comp sci degree by doing the absolute bare minimum.
Literally the only reason I'd actually go to class was if I'd be kicked out otherwise... which was about once every two weeks.
Occasionally I'd spent the night doing an assignment or studying for an exam that was due the next day, but other than that my time in uni was 99% videogames, drinking and masturbating.

It's manageable but my stresslevel before deadlines was usually through the roof so I do not recommend it.
>>
File: gggggggggggg.png (23KB, 201x230px) Image search: [Google]
gggggggggggg.png
23KB, 201x230px
>>26204153
wish it were so easy my man
>>
OP I was in the exact same situation for the last 2 years of my degree but managed to sneak out with a good grade (this was in the UK where your emplohyer doesn't care about your grade to the decimal point like the employers in america).

But I am still like that for almost 1 year since university.
>>
>>26204219
Not everyone can be smart m8
>>
>>26204222
It literally is that easy. Move your cursor to the X button on your browser, pull your books and shit out and fucking get to work even if it's agonizing and you want to check the latest bbc thread soooooooo bad. You have to learn to focus and get shit done or you'll never be shit.
>>
File: image.png (586KB, 956x1047px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
586KB, 956x1047px
>have shitty art class that is an easy A
>too autistic to show any of my artwork because I'm embarrassed by how bad I am at drawing things
>Tfw failing

I want to fucking drop out so badly and live the cozy neet life
>>
File: 1452819184583.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452819184583.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>26204260
You know what, you're right.
I'm starting now.
Will report back with progress in an hour.
Hope that other Anons do the same!
>>
OP here, have returned.
>>26203940
I too, skipped school. I've been sitting at the table drinking coffee and neurotically shitposting. Currently 12pm here, emailed the professor but idk if she'll accept late work or whatever.

>>26204030
I bought the
>getting your gen eds done in a liberal arts degree is a good way to find out what you want to do!
meme, to be fair it has covered a lot of pre reqs for other things, but SO much of what I'm doing rn is useless, repetitive shit I've already learned before.

>>26204088
I envy you, wish I had the mind of maths.

>>26204153
I recognize this, and have experience with it- I have "just done it", granted, it's usually at the last minute but once I get in the beat of working I fly through it, so you can only imagine how psychotic I feel not even being able to start my work now. I tried to do it last night, quickly lost motivation and just went to bed.

>>26204219
I go to a small college, teachers are very much "in your business" and notice if you don't go to class, just doing the minimum doesn't fly here.
>>
>>26204366
>I recognize this, and have experience with it- I have "just done it", granted, it's usually at the last minute but once I get in the beat of working I fly through it, so you can only imagine how psychotic I feel not even being able to start my work now. I tried to do it last night, quickly lost motivation and just went to bed.
Where do you do your coursework? It sounds like you do it at home and at night. When I was in college I found that it took a huge amount of willpower to stay focused when studying at home because there's so many distractions (video games, books, internet, the house itself). But I go to the library or a computer lab and seriously get more work done in 1-2 hours there than I could in 6 hours of studying at home, so that may be something to consider also doing your work early in the day instead of waiting until nighttime if possible because most people are pretty mentally tired by the time night rolls around.
>>
>>26204455
I've tried doing it at home and in the morning, in the morning and at a cafe, evening at a cafe, even at my campus. I'd go to the library if it didn't smell funny and was full of homeless men.
>>
>>26204497
Sounds like you might have some attention disorder, or just aren't at all interested in what you're studying.
>>
>>26204455
Take this advice serious OP

dis is me >>26204219 and while I was in uni I couldn't imagine actually working 9-5, getting up in the morning or getting any work done once I was in the office

but guess what it was no problem, getting up is still hard but I do get shit done in the office.... and If I'm honest it's mostly due to a bunch of colleagues around who are also working.
If I was doing the same job but from home I wouldnt even start before 3pm.

So yeah... follow this advice >>26204455 and go someplace where other students are working/studying, you'll be surprised
>>
>>26204346
>43 minutes
Whatever
I did half of it
will wake up early in the morning
night anons!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.