/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys realize that depression is literally a mental illness?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1453990133790.jpg (15KB, 540x340px) Image search: [Google]
1453990133790.jpg
15KB, 540x340px
Do you guys realize that depression is literally a mental illness?
>>
Mental illness is a meme.
>>
Mental Illnesses don't exist
>>
iIIness doesn't exist.
>>
And all happiness is caused by dopamine being released in large or small amounts to make you feel good.
>>
Everything doesn't exist.
>>
>not just killing yourself by shooting yourself in the roof of your mouth
doing it wrong
>>
Nothing doesn't exist.
>>
>>26193636

Depression as in boohoo i can't get a gf isn't a mental illness. Depression as in can barely move to get out of bed and can't eat without gagging and feeling like generally every atom in your body is hurting is very real.
>>
>>26193757
That's pretty cool. It's kind of like a drug.
>>
>>26193795
>tfw actually have this
>>
>>26193806
That sounds awful. Do you at least take meds for it?
>>
>>26193849
Used to but it was pointless
>>
Don't particularly want to live or die.
>>
>>26193859
Maybe it what you were taking. I have epilepsy and was taking Kepra, it just made me sleepy and I'd have a seizure every six weeks. I take depicote now and only get migraines every now and then. Plus, my outlook on life is a little better.
>>
>>26193804
Thats why virtually all addicting drugs effect your dopamine levels.
>>
>>26193877
It's kind of an either/or deal, dude.
>>
>>26193910
Oh, so when you have some sort of mental illness, does that mean you have a dopamine deficiency?
>>
The human brain generally is an illness altogether when used incorrectly. The entire population, except for a rare handful of individuals are slaves to their minds and therefore have mental illness. Depression is merely just a more extreme form of the disease.
>>
>>26194048
You listen to a lot of Alex Jones, don't you?
>>
>>26194001
Sometimes, mental illnesses like schizophrenia may be caused by dopamine being released for the wrong reasons.

Theres also
Endorphins - basically morphine
Serotonin - Why relaxation feels good after a long day
Oxytocin - The only reason you enjoy the company of other people

I suffer from chronic migraines which is attributed to serotonin levels, the only way I can prevent them is having a heavy workout 5 times a week to produce more serotonin.
>>
>>26194001
Dopamine deficiency is more like dysthymia - low motivation, sour outlook, inability to enjoy things. Severe depression (feeling intense sadness all the time) is more crippling, but it's also easier to treat with antidepressants. Dopamine is a motherfucker.
>>
>>26193636
It is? why you ask?
>>
File: 1454003391228.jpg (140KB, 497x531px) Image search: [Google]
1454003391228.jpg
140KB, 497x531px
>>26194548
tfw this is me and i know i'll have to live the rest of my life with it
>>
>>26193795
It's like your cells are screaming just let me die....
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.