[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to believe in God and an afterlife >can't logically

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: 1454040894159.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1454040894159.png
33KB, 917x1186px
>want to believe in God and an afterlife
>can't logically bring myself to do it
Fuck.
>>
>wanting to live forever
be a deist like me
there is a god who did the big bang
and evolution took care of the rest
>>
Accept the sun gods and the star gods, they only want you to believe in yourself.
>>
File: St. Thomas Aquinas.jpg (483KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
St. Thomas Aquinas.jpg
483KB, 1152x1600px
>>26178231
You aren't very logical
>>
Just believe we are living in a simulation.

The programmer is your one true God.
>>
>>26178231
You are pretty bad at logic if you dismiss the idea of an afterlife outright.

>>26178242
You are a retarded millenial who should die, forever.
>>
This desu. I want to find solace and peace in living a moral life. Degeneracy is only fun when you're living it. Haven't had sex in 6 months now and it's genuinely affecting all areas of my life.
>>
File: Icon512.jpg (19KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Icon512.jpg
19KB, 512x512px
>>26178231
What if God is the universe itself?
>>
>>26178319
So we are inside God?

Lewd
>>
File: Cromwell.png (2MB, 1568x904px) Image search: [Google]
Cromwell.png
2MB, 1568x904px
>>26178337
God is everything, God is everywhere.
All hail the glory of atom!
>>
When you die your soul hits the soul catch. Thats the white light at the end of the tunnel. Once that happens all your memories are erased and your soul is recycled by grey aliens and then reincarnated into another body. To avoid the soul catch and ascend to 4th density, state "i seek the source" and avoid the light.
>>
>>26178272

you are the programmer, you are god, we are all our own god
>>
>>26178266
Aquinas brought up no good points
>>
>>26178349
>tfw Moira will never be your irl waifu.
>>
>>26178231
>logically
there is no logic involved,
its not possible in life to proof if god exists or not.
and if he exists he is clearly not like in the bible, because the bible is not believable, only the new testament where jesus cristus tell the people to not be assholes is useful, not believable also.

the muslim shit is worse so, if you believe the quran you are beyond help.
>>
if you want to be religious you'll need to ditch logic lmao
>>
>>26178364
i hope you are trolling, dumbass.
>we are all our own god
you dont even have the full controll over your own body or consciousness you are fucking nothing, independet of if there is a god or not.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1242x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1242x1222px
>>26178231
I get where you're coming from, I remember when I was an atheist. But, how can you really know man? You can't. No one knows anything and all the theories in this thread aren't absolute because they don't know.
I'm personally an agnostic absurdist who could care less about whether there's a God or an afterlife, but I'm not going to kid myself into thinking there's no way for either to be true.
>>
Near death experiences scientifically prove the existence of an afterlife, look them up

No one religion is correct over the others tho
>>
>>26178361
How does one "seek the source"?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x383px
>>26178639
Near death experiences prove literally nothing. Hence the word near.
>>
>>26178714
**the use of the word near
>>
>>26178231
>logically
OP, that's because logic isn't involved; it's all faith-based. These people are delusional.
>>
>>26178899
>nearly die or die briefly and come back
>see God
>"bb-b-b-b-ut it's not logical, muh facts, muh scientific proc-
You didn't see it, therefore you're wrong.
>>
Do you have a skype? I'd prefer to talk to you on there OP.
>>
Christianity is perfect for /r9k/ since the slave morality applies really well to your mentality.
>Those degenerate roasties and chads will suffer in the after life and I will be rewarded !
Maybe deluding yourselves to believe this will make you happy
>>
File: talos.jpg (305KB, 1163x1600px) Image search: [Google]
talos.jpg
305KB, 1163x1600px
>>26178231
What about ALMIGHTY TALOS?
>>
File: my fucking eyes.gif (729KB, 716x620px) Image search: [Google]
my fucking eyes.gif
729KB, 716x620px
>>26178998
>Christianity is about suffering
>Christianity is for muh weepy sheeples lel
>I am an enlightened individual
>I know all there is to know about religionz
>I will prove it by posting on this imageboard!
>>
>>26178319
Makes the most sense

>>26178337
The universe/God is in you too. You're not separate, you're every bit a part of the universe as a star is.
>>
>>26178942
>I ate breakfast this morning
>you assume I ate eggs, toast, maybe a bowl of cereal
>I actually ate leftovers from last night's dinner

You didn't see it, therefore you're wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 499x499px
This thread feels like 2009 senpai
>>
>>26178998
To be honest, being a euphoric atheist is more likely for r9k, because robots are highly likely to be one of those people who are told that they're "smart but lazy".

So having nothing else positive in their lives, they fall back on logic and intelligence as the cornerstone of their identity. This of course leads them into such 'intellectual' fedora-tipping pursuits such as atheism, le redpill/mensrights, and right-wing ideologies.

Of course they're not actually that smart, and everything they're doing is purely driven by emotion, and the desire to be better than others in some way. They either grow out of it, or they become the Amazing Atheist and have videos leaked of themselves sticking a banana up their ass and pouring hot wax on their micropenis.
>>
>>26179037
Christianity is about guilt,some people enjoy guilt apparently.
>>
>>26178998
The Day of the Rope is near, roastie whore.
>>
File: oeEoOzHh.jpg (21KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
oeEoOzHh.jpg
21KB, 311x366px
>>26178275
originaru desu, senpai.
>>
>>26178231
It's called faith fuck knuckles. God will never be proven or disproven. Make your decision and live with it. Believing and not believing are both acts of faith.
>>
>>26178349
Alahu Akbar!
Alahu Akbar!
Alahu Akbar!
KABOOOOM!
>>
>>26179005
Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!
We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you." [note 1]

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!

So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!

For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!

Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in the words of Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word!
>>
>>26178655
Right click + View Page Source

No need to thank me
>>
>>26178275
A lot of big thinkers of the 17th century were Deists you edgelord
>>
>>26178319
Finally someone who gets it

If god is everwhere and in everything then god must be the omniverse itself
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.