[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls' hobbies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (20KB, 494x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 494x297px
What's with the meem that girls have no hobbies and just pretend to like things to be popular? All the girls I know obviously genuinely enjoy their hobbies, like reading or music or tv or whatever. Why's this a thing I keep seeing here? Where's it come from?
>>
>>26171037

Watching TV isn't a hobby.
>>
File: animegirlandpigthings.png (283KB, 1100x663px) Image search: [Google]
animegirlandpigthings.png
283KB, 1100x663px
>>26171037
because the hobbies women enjoy don't typically involve any effort on their part what so ever
they're lazy hobbies
>my hobbies include Netflix, listening to music on youtube, and reading light novels meant for teenagers
wew lad
>>
>>26171037
Watching tv, browsing the internet and listening to music aren't really hobbies, most girls I know do that and only that on their free time, maybe the closest thing to an actual hobby I've ever seen is a girl who collects old music cds
>>
>>26171037
>hobbies, like reading or music or tv
Seriously you consider those hobbies? Most people, male or female, don't have a hobby but I have noticed that men more often have hobbies than women. (Video games, comic books, sports). Really though, what DO women do? All the girls I know just work and study.
>>
>>26171199
You forgot 'laughing'.
>>
>>26171199
>>26171200
>>26171206
So the only things that count as hobbies are, like, DIY?
Then fucking no-one has hobbies

How is reading not a hobby? And if it is, how is it different to enjoying music in a dedicated way, or a genre of film, or something?

Also I have friends into photography and reading and stuff like that. Actual artistic phtography too, not just taking photos like a lad in summer or whatever
>>
>>26171037
some, not all girls, who said music was their hobby all listen lil wayne and top of the pops bullshit.

but i am friends with some grills who sincerely love music. and it's kinda cool because we like the same artists and go to underground techno parties.
>>
>>26171311
>So the only things that count as hobbies are, like, DIY?
Yes.

>How is reading not a hobby?
You're reading right now. Everyone reads books and articles and whatnot. of the three things you listed reading is the strongest contender for a hobby, so I might have to retract my statement. I think that the reason most people don't read is that they don't have enough time in the day. However, people I know with lots of time don't pick up books.

>And if it is, how is it different to enjoying music in a dedicated way, or a genre of film, or something?
If you go to lots of garage shows and listen to entire albums by yourself and follow the music scene, or if you frequently visit the dollar theater near your house that shows old films that you like and learn all about the actors and direction, then it can be said you're a hobbyist of music or film. However, 99% of people just listen to whatever's on youtube and the radio, and see whatever the blockbuster hit is. These people are neither music nor movie hobbyists.
>>
>reading
>woman
>Vampire Love stories
>romantic easy to read shit
>smut like 50 shades
Reading filth isn't anything to brag about.
Most women I've known either don't read at all or read complete trash
>>
>>26172107
What's the last thing you read, anon?
>>
>>26172353
Nietzsche, Moby Dick, Hitchhiker's Guide and some weeb shit.
>>
File: 1454035784336.jpg (489KB, 3000x1622px) Image search: [Google]
1454035784336.jpg
489KB, 3000x1622px
It's absolutely true. Women have no genuine interest in things, they use their hobbies as tools and nothing more. A man gets into rock-climbing because he has a passion for it: the stamina, the challenge, the immense physical demand of his body. He does this for himself and no one else. A woman, however, gets into rock-climbing in order to get the attention of the hot Chad at her local gym. It's a sterile, lifeless pursuit of an activity for the sole purpose of achieving some other, altogether-unrelated goal.

I'd like to be wrong about this, but I really don't think I am. Back in college I met a lot of women who called themselves writers. Seeing as how I, myself, was a writer with a few publications under my belt, this naturally excited the shit out of me. Finally! Girls I could have in-depth conversations with about a mutual interest. Girls who created ART, who actually gave a shit about something other than getting fucked or watching television shows on their laptops.

There was an even split of men and women in my creative writing workshop--six each. The men all brought in vastly different stories--some experimental, some conventional; some dismal, some humorous; yet all different and written with love and excitement. There was a story about a father wrestling with the growth of his young daughter, unsure if he was raising her the right way; a story about post-Katrina New Orleans; a story about a murder affecting the lives of everyone living on a certain street, and so on. I didn't like all of them, but I respected the drive behind them.

The women, I'm not even shitting you, all brought in the same cookie-cutter YA post-apocalyptic garbage. The stories were uninspired, bland, and interchangeable. When the professor asked them at the end of the semester why they'd all written such similar pieces, one of them said, "There's a big market for this stuff." They were writing for the money. Nothing more.

That's when I realized the meme was real.
>>
Credit and displayed interest should equal involvement. It is easier to recognize interest displays on the same side of the sexual dichotomy.
>>
>>26172909
I would like more of this "men writing vs female writing" stuff, I in my experience when I read stuff made by amateur males it turns out to be "badly executed generic idea, with a twist" while females write "very original idea turns out to be boring as fuck and filled with feminism".

I guess it's different in every country?
>>
>>26173041
I can confirm that when I first started, I used to write "badly executed generic ideas, with a twist." I-I'm a good writer now.

Oh hey, I just thought of a hobby that women do and men don't: art. Women draw and paint and doodle WAY more than men.
>>
>>26173931
Nigga you just replied to a male who draws and paints and doodles whenever he's not shitposting online, consider me officially triggered.
>>
I mostly browse 4chan and research interests I'll never pursue seriously.
>>
>>26174151
He didn't say that he draws n shit, how would you know this unless you are him. And I wasn't talking about you, you fucking snowflake. I was talking about the demographic of everyone.
>>
It's because guys are pressured to be interesting so they take up all these stupid activities and hobbies, I honestly think men just have more hobbies out of virtue of trying to be more interesting, which is basically socially driven.
So if you look at it like that, women aren't driven at all to do any activity unless by their parents, guys are going to and were always coming regardless if they were couch potatoes or athletes.

women are luckier than they think, but women are also more amiable than guys think. if we could just let them in for a while, they will mold themselves to us, like we mold ourselves for them.
>>
>>26174827
it was me :^) but I replied with ironic shitposting, I don't really care, just a reminder that there are men who do arts since you said we didn't
>>
File: 2016-01-04-233115_1440x900_scrot.png (200KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04-233115_1440x900_scrot.png
200KB, 1440x900px
>>26171037
Women do not have hobbies, they just cling to and try out whatever is popular at the time.

>>26174913
You're wrong, most men don't pick up hobbies to be popular or whatever, they pick them up because they enjoy those hobbies.
I love playing video games, watching anime, programming, and playing around with electronics
I get often get unhappy and irritable when I am not able to do all of them atleast once a day. If it goes beyond that I just lay in my bed because I live for that stuff and I can't think of anything else to do
>tfw sister is watching a barbie show on the internet thus slowing it down
>>
>>26175246
I'm not wrong, guys are definitely pressured, i didn't really go into HOW they take up the hobbies, you can have that territory.
All dating advice you ever see anywhere in any mag, internet or anything says be more interesting and take up social hobbies. if women think you're "boring", that's direct pressure to go get more hobbies.
But you're absolutely right. My hobbies also have nothing to do with wanting to seem interesting.
>>
I imagine it's because they don't know too many girls or the wrong type. I've met a couple with actual hobbies besides just sitting on your ass and watching TV. I don't know much about one besides her biggest hobby of making 3D models and enjoying games a lot, but the one I'm closer to has more than me with cooking, drawing, playing video games, gardening, crafting and even refurbishing furniture.
There are boring people from either gender, but you'll find interesting ones if you look hard enough.
>>
>>26175346
>guys are definitely pressured

yes, by women. men are pressured by women into doing a lot of things, usually for the benefit of the woman.

oddly enough, they are mostly attracted to the men who reject their pressures, since they see it as a sign of confidence and legit independence.

stupid fucking women. then again that is the thread's main point I guess.
>>
File: Anon's Hopes and Dreams.jpg (53KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's Hopes and Dreams.jpg
53KB, 512x368px
>>26171199
>ywn meet a girl who is into collecting YuGiOh cards and has kinky fetishes
Why can't there be a single woman with a genuine interest in my hobby ;_;
>>
>>26175851
>yugioh
Because they all assume you're a fag
>>
>>26175851
You'll find one eventually, but she'll cuckd you because of her heavy daddy issues
>>
>>26175895
>only homosexuals like yugioh
What?
>>26175974
>You'll find one eventually
Please don't lie to me anon
>>
>>26175895
You mean a nigger.
Only blacks play that game.
>>
>>26176150
I'm white family
I just collect old cards. I don't play or care about the meta
>>
File: 1453466160711.jpg (36KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
1453466160711.jpg
36KB, 500x537px
Are shitposting and masturbating hobbies?
>>
>>26176472
They are if you'll be my shitposter gf and have lewd fetishes
>>
>>26171311
Passtimes can be consumptive, productive, or interactive

Interactive and productive passtimes are hobbies. These are anything that requires the hobbyist to create something of their own or actively manipulate someone else's creation in a meaningful way. A productive hobby might be drawing, while an interactive hobby may be the assembly of model kits produced by a company.

Passtimes that are merely passive or require the most minimal input form the user, such as watching tv, listening to music, or playing more mindless video games, are something that should be balanced with actual hobbies, but among women are often their only form of free time occupation. It is rare to find women who make things of engage in active hobbies for fun.
>>
File: 41.jpg (27KB, 460x622px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
27KB, 460x622px
>>26176483
r u a qt grill tbhwa?
>>
>>26176646
to make it simpler for myself: i just put a distinction between hobbies and activities.
carpentry is a hobbie (productive), riding a bike is an activity (interactive).
people act like you need 5000 hobbies. you only really need one if you're actually passionate and skilled with it.
>>
>>26176671
Nope
But you can be my dyke friend if you'd like :^)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.