[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you gain the courage to kill yourself? I dont know what's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 1423410892373.jpg (405KB, 717x931px) Image search: [Google]
1423410892373.jpg
405KB, 717x931px
How do you gain the courage to kill yourself? I dont know what's stopping me, but something is.
>>
Generally speaking, it's either usually fear of pain from the experience or a general fear of the unknown afterward.

What method are you considering?
>>
>>26157126
Instinct is stopping you. Your instincts try to keep you alive.
>>
>>26157165
A gun. I know about how it's better to stick it up your mouth and all that, but it feels scary. I'd take some pills if I knew which ones, but I've heard that it's usually painful.
>>
>>26157207
Pills on their own are usually pretty horrible, tend to be quite slow and painful as your body shuts down. Guns can be effective, but not all are created equal, what kind, if I may ask?

My mom achieved decent results by combining the two, though with a little twist- she shot herself in the stomach, just at the perfect angle to get a major artery and rapidly bleed out. She was a nurse though, so she probably had a very good idea of exactly how to do it, would not recommend a technical shot if you're not 100% on anatomy.
>>
>>26157400
I wouldn't know. Its some sort of six shooter my family has and I've seen it shoot like a motherfucker. I expect it to finish me real quick, but I keep relenting on doing it. Maybe I should set up a date for it.
>>
>>26157555
Nah, dates are like ultimatums. It's best to just have a plan in mind and wait for a suitable situation.

That is to say, have the details and effects planned in advance and kept in good condition. Understand what you will do, from all aspects of preparation to the moment of sweet release. and even in regards to who you would expect to find you and how, and if you wish then to know any particular details. Maybe go through the motions every once in a while to verify their applicability and relative simplicity, make it a routine so the act can gain some normalcy.

When it happens, it should be natural. A feeling of absolute assurance that you have arrived at the best end of your situation.
>>
>>26157695
Sounds like genuine advice. Thanks anon.
>>
>>26157126
Smoking DMT helped.
>>
If you dont cut your throat with a knife in front of a mirror you are a pussy.

Cut throat is the only real way to go
>>
>>26157695
>A feeling of absolute assurance that you have arrived at the best end of your situation.
nice
i wish i could peacefully kill myself, no public bullshit, jumping from a building or shooting myself on tv.
just lay peacefully in my bed and end it it quietly
i guess the time will come
>>
>>26157770
I think suicide gets a bad reputation from the people who do so on a simple whim, with little regard to planning and the after effects. In a way, it cheapens the totality of the act. A person will naturally have reservations against doing it, but through conditioning and evaluation will eventually prepare themselves in a responsible way.

There's something about analyzing the act from all aspects that gives a certain level of control, which I think is ultimately what makes suicide so appealing. It is, or at least should be, the ultimate act of control over oneself.
To me, If someone has a bad day and just blindly blasts themselves or swallows a bottle pills without regards or sense of what is occurring, they effectively bypass control in a manner that is simple reactionary to stresses. Death should not simply be a reaction, but a well measured action of prevention of further suffering.

I don't know you, your pain, or the causes of it, but I respect that you're ultimately the only person who can really understand when you've had enough it. I naturally would hope things get better for you, but if they do not, I hope you can find the peace of action to do what you think is best.
>>
>>26157126
>friend is an EMT
>first day on the job
>has to go to a suicide scene of a teenager who blew his brains out
>it's been a few days and he's still not over seeing pieces of brain falling off the wall
>>
>>26158061
killing yourself like that has a certain nobility to it in my opinion, it requires a lot of introspection and courage to decide to kill yourself in all consciousness
>>
What do you think is stopping you? You must have some idea.
>>
>>26158132
>>26158233
I've been a volunteer firefighter/paramedic for about a decade now and have seen more than a few scenes of suicide. There's just something morbidly fascinating about it to me. There are cues and subtleties that the vast majority of the public never really talk about, you can learn a lot from a person based on how they kill themselves.

Think of the old lady who leaves a neatly written note on the door for her children not to enter and just call 911. Or the guy who disassembled and arranged all the pieces of his guns on the floor around him before hanging himself. Most people are just dismissive of suicide, chalking it up to weakness or some other petty insult, but there's a real power of certainty in the actions of most that blow such accusations out of the water. We, as a society, simply do not talk about it enough to give it the respect it deserves.
>>
OP here. Where would you recommend I do this? I have a car and it would feel wrong to do it in the house for my body to be discovered by a family member.
>>
>>26158381
See? That's the kind of consideration that really shows someone didn't just randomly decide to off themselves or that they were "selfish" in taking their own life.

Location is something of a tricky subject, most people elect for their home because it's usually the most private place they have- where being interrupted is the least likely. If you share your home with family, it's very likely they'll be the ones to do so and there's not much that can be done, unless you time it appropriately while they're away.

A car would be a decent idea, but greatly depends on your method. A bullet leaving behind damage and gore inside is usually enough to convince someone to scrap the car without cleaning bits of their loved one from the ventilation. I would advise to use a car for clean kills, like carbon monoxide, so that it won't lose much value.

Also for consideration, funerals tend to be very expensive. Even if someone writes a note not to have one, the family always ignores that. Have some money set aside to help them out.
>>
>>26158546
Addendum: That actually might be a decent goal. Try and save up some money first. Avoid selling things, as that can give social cues you might not want. Some people think killing themselves in foreign countries is a way to avoid their family seeing them, but most go through the expense of bringing them home. You'd have to be very careful in your travel and preventing your identity form being known to prevent that. I have a personal theory that many missing persons are just those who went to good lengths of ensuring the privacy of their death.
>>
>>26158546
>Also for consideration, funerals tend to be very expensive. Even if someone writes a note not to have one, the family always ignores that. Have some money set aside to help them out.
I can't believe I didn't think of this. I'll be sure to do that.
>>
>>26158782
Yeah, caskets are a huge racket. Even barebone models these says can go for thousands in certain funeral homes. The funeral directors are also very aware of the tumultuous feelings most families suffer and there is always some little trinket they can tack on for an exorbitant amount of money. People pay because they feel society expects them too.

Again, this is a side of death most people don't deal with until their parents die, so it is good to do a little private research on the matter. If you can, see if there is a suicide survivor group who meets in your area that you can attend anonymously or, better, find a board online that specializes in it that you can lurk. There's a lot of things that happen after suicide that merit consideration, especially from the financial side.
>>
>>26158061
I don't know why but I got extremely emotional while reading this, got me real teary eyed. What you're saying makes so much sense to me. If you don't mind me asking anon, have you attempted suicide?
>>
It's all about not having the general fear of death. You either have it or you don't and if you do, just keep living and be yourself.
>>
I'm just waiting until scientists invent a painless suicide method.
If this happens, I'm not gonna hesitate a second, fampai.
>>
>>26157186
Yeah, this. I tried killing myself using the helium + CPAP mask meme method and after I was unconscious I apparently thrashed around and tore the mask off my face.
>>
I have a question. How many sleeping pills does it usually take to die? I've heard that it's relatively painless if you do it that way.It's like dying in your sleep?
>>
File: mom.jpg (324KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
mom.jpg
324KB, 1632x918px
>>26158941
Never attempted, though I did give it consideration after my mom did. I essentially came to the conclusion that my grief was my only major driver to do so and, as such, was not alone to justify such a drastic action.

The entire family took it hard, but I think I was the only one who really came to an understanding on why she did so. In her note to me she also said she wanted me to keep living, perhaps it's misguided naivety, but I'd be lying if I said a small part of me doesn't want to honor her wish. I don't really believe much in the afterlife, but it's not so much of a trouble that I can't at least do that much for her.
>>
>>26159088
>I've heard that it's relatively painless if you do it that way.
That's a meme perpetuated by television. In reality it's extremely painful. Liver failure is no joke.
>>
>>26159475
fuck man ;-;
>>
"How do you gain the courage to kill yourself?" OP asked those who, by their continued existence, cannot provide any satisfactory answers.
>>
>>26159049

Hypoxia. Just find a way to pull all the oxygen out of the room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MI9UiYwJA
>>
>>26159620
Having committed suicide isn't a prerequisite to sharing an opinion, or an argument about the subject. You can have a conception of what that requires or be person who has that courage but has not yet killed themselves.
>>
>>26159475
oh my fuck, reading that instantly made me tear up

i am a weaker man than you, if i had read that and seen my mother's body i would probably immediately follow her

keep on keeping on anon
>>
>>26159475
Anon, the reason I want to die is mostly because I don't understand the point of it all. I don't understand why I'm here, and what's my purpose? Added onto the fact that I really hate myself, and I just don't think life is all that great. People say life is too short, but I find it agonizingly long.I'm waiting till I'm 25 to end it all. Just to see if things get better, I'm 18 at he moment. Do you think my reason is a just reason to kill oneself?
>>
>>26159475
Do you sometimes feel like you're forcing yourself to go on, or has things gotten better?
>>
>>26159844
this is quite scary because what you just said is exactly what i've been saying to myself, i'm 18 too and i set a deadline to 25 as well, like you, i really do not understand what we are supposed to do here, we are slaves driven by materialism, life seems all about having the most digits in your bank account, you don't fit in if you don't have a fancy smartphone or 5 tablets with an apple logo on it, i just feel like a slave to society
>>
>>26159672
Hard fampai, I wish there was some kind of pills that disable your body and brain immediately after you take them, painlessly.
>>
>>26160062
Anon...are you me? I relate to most of what you said. I hate the fact that if you are noticeably different, you will be ostracized. I've had to deal with that for a large portion of my life. Anon, when did you start to develop these thoughts? I'd say last year, a little after my 17th birthday.
>>
>>26159844
I'm 29, you are better off doing it now trust me.
>>
>>26160195
i never fitted in, i wasn't raised materialistic, so i never had, still don't have, the newest of the newest, also being a poorfag doesn't help, but i have had these thoughts for at least 3 years, but like you, i really started to realize it last year, until then i just dismissed it, the worst part is is that we're inevitably part of what we hate, there is almost no way to break free from society, because we were born and raised with the idea that this is life, idk, i'm really bad at translating my thoughts to words, i hope i make a little sense
>>
File: subpar.png (25KB, 858x232px) Image search: [Google]
subpar.png
25KB, 858x232px
>>26157207
why dont you shot in your heart?
if it works you re instant dead.
>>
>>26160577
>wrong picture
e
>>
>>26157126
It's more about losing the courage to live, than gaining courage to end it.
>>
>>26157126
Suicide by cop, that's how my uncle did it.
>>
File: 1451100935416.jpg (1MB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1451100935416.jpg
1MB, 2048x1356px
It takes a pretty strong person to override your natural instincts to survive.

I was depressed and suffered suicidal thoughts growing up as a teen, then last April I got the call my dad threw himself in front of a train. On the way to the crossing where he died I went to lay some flowers, I sat there for a while and as the first train blitzed past I was frozen in place by the metallic clunk of the track and horn.

Even though I had thoughts of suicide walking up there when I actually reached my destination and was faced with death; my body and mind was literally forcing me to survive.

Now first hand witnessing the emotional impact suicide has on those around you I would never go through with it. Suicide is devastating. That and I want to make a select few people proud before I live my life.
>>
>>26160518
It's alright anon, I get what you mean. Wow we really are similar. At this point, do you have any idea as to how you'll stop being a poorfag?
>>
>>26161005
no, and honestly, i'm not even trying, i'm not planning on living very long, so i'll just see what happens, even tho that sounds really stupid of me, the idea of slaving away 9 hours a day really puts me off
>>
>>26161090
i'm so stuck, like, what IS the purpose,
when i listen to normans advice they just say
"the purpose of life is to be happy and enjoy life"
but how can i enjoy something when i know that ultimately it's meaningless, it all feels like a waste to me
>>
>>26161130
>"the purpose of life is to be happy and enjoy life"
When people say that I roll my eyes so far back that it's crazy. How can someone be happy when there's nothing to a happy about? I've been told, you just have to find purpose, and you're life feels just a bit more bearable. I've yet to find that, that's why I'm waiting till I'm 25. Have you ever come close to finding something like that?
>>26161090
Yes it's of putting. Very fucking off putting. I don't like the idea of it myself, but you're making money and that's all that matters in my opinion. I'd be okay with being a wagecuck if t meant that one day I could possibly live by myself in solitude.
>>
>>26161937
no, but i have been fooled into thinking that i had, there was this girl who stayed with me through thick and thin, but she ended up using me and left, i'm convinced that people with a purpose are just telling that to theirselves because they're afraid people might think they're "sick" or something
>>
>>26157207
Just practice the whole procedure until you feel comfortable with it (unloaded of course).
Some mandatory reading material:
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/statistics-most-lethal-methods
http://lostallhope.com/things-consider
http://lostallhope.com/help-me
>>
>>26157126
maybe you haven't deleted all your cp yet?
or perhaps you just haven't thought of a good enough way to go. get on your roof, tie fishing line around neck to roof, glue your hands to your head, and jump. leaving your decapitated body to appear to have torn your own head off
>>
I currently have 1500-2000mg of Atarax. Is that enough to kill myself?
>>
Please dont do this i know this maybe is a troll post, but think on your family members and next step is do something you like everytime.
>>
>>26162528
Maybe, but it will be extremely painful, take a long while and there's a high chance that you will fail and only have a fucked stomach to show for it all.
>>
>>26161090
i dont see how people deal with it

my apologies for this sounding like comfy pepe bait
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.