[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INTP partner

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16

File: 1452672702657.jpg (22KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1452672702657.jpg
22KB, 680x510px
I want to know an ideal match for an INTP.

ENTJ is supposedly the best match, however they come across as too bossy and overbearing.

INFJ seems like someone interesting enough to share inner worlds with, but immature INFJ females are typically irrational and moody

ENTP is super attractive, but they seem to lack any consistent identity. Always shifting and moving. Can understand each other perfectly despite that.

INTP seems like the best, in my opinion, but without other skills developed it can become flat. Especially if neither is motivated to do anything.
>>
>>26154210
I'm sorry but Myers Briggs is bullshit.
>>
>>26154210
Just throwing this out there but maybe ENFP
Someone who is willing to reach out to you and carry on a conversation without it being too one sided.
>>
File: nazrin.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nazrin.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>26154244
What are ENFP girls like- don't they have a similar immaturity downfalls to INFJ? (Often described through the tumblr shit)

I honestly want someone fairly intelligent and independent; capable of making their own decisions/ conclusions without being assertive about them.

Also, this is a perfection description of what I want/ need;
http://www.alansjourney.com/perfect-partner-for-an-intp/
>>
>>26154241
Myers Briggs may be bullshit, but what it's based off of, Carl Jung's theories on cognitive processes, is very sound logically speaking and in terms of validity (which MBTI is known to be iffy with).

It's exceptionally useful as a self help and psychological diagnostic tool. It doesn't tell you is anything outside of the way you prefer to deal with stimuli (environmental and social).
>>
Dunno, but I'm ISFJ.
>>
>>26154210
Any rational type would be good. S vs. N is often an insurmountable gap. The ideal partner would be both similar to you and a good counterpoint. Extroverted and organized.
>>
>>26154371
Classic daddy protector type.
>>
>>26154210
I'm INFJ female, I always end up attracted to INTJ/INTP males. The match seems to work especially well with the INTP, I'm able to talk on their level intellectually, and often I can get them out of their shell a little regarding emotions.
>>
>>26154308
I'm not sure. I don't really talk to girls at all.
I think I would retract what I said because personally I don't converse well with "feelers" as the conversation never seems to go anywhere apart from "oh yeah I've felt like that before." It's more enjoyable to talk to someone about concepts so that would probably be a more thinking oriented type? Not really sure on that.
Long story short I can relate to what >>26154477 said but I don't think they necessarily have to be extroverted. I think that just makes it easier to talk more often.
>>
File: 345.png (54KB, 1055x557px) Image search: [Google]
345.png
54KB, 1055x557px
>>26154210
Fucking SJW's changed male conqueror picture into female cunt.
>>
>>26154485

It's kinda BS, tho. The description doesn't fit me. It's, like, 60% correct. I'll do a research on this shit later.
>>
File: 1454180185079.png (96KB, 351x263px) Image search: [Google]
1454180185079.png
96KB, 351x263px
>>26154537
Do this test http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
It focuses on Cognitive Functions rather than I-E axis.
>>
>>26154210

>relying on "personality types" that are basically a mixture of sloppy statistics and horoscopes
>>
File: Noah-Bradley_The-Day-God-Died.jpg (473KB, 1600x681px) Image search: [Google]
Noah-Bradley_The-Day-God-Died.jpg
473KB, 1600x681px
>>26154495
INFJs seem to have the biggest fluctuation with how well I can connect to them.

If we're very alike, it's very ideal. I want that same sort of unbridled communication I'd have with an ENTP. It really seems like this is only available to self-aware/ cautious with absolutes sorts of people. People understanding of the downfalls of their feelings or perceiving.

Ultimately, if you are working towards truth, but want to continue that "expression" and high intensity emotion to things, it would be heaven. But that's the thing; truth.

There is truth behind emotion as well. Weird abstract connections. Lately this has been my "calling" to understand the universe deeper. My general outlook upgraded to 2.0
Also working on Se, sensory information. Living in the moment. Extroverted intuition in conversation.
>>
INTJ FTW- More adaptable strategies to blow all your shit down.
>>
File: infp infj.png (8KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
infp infj.png
8KB, 212x238px
>>26154495
You're sure that you're not INFP? INFJ is the most mistyped (2nd place ENTP) type.
>>
File: 1452704431939.jpg (92KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1452704431939.jpg
92KB, 600x594px
>>26154713
I know some INTJs irl (guys) but despite being friends with them, there's definitely some strange misunderstanding in motivations/ principles.

I always feel that they deal with absolutes. They may be willing to change an idea, but they never make it clear. They don't want to dabble in possibilities, but rather what they already know as definite.

This makes introducing large concepts less exciting- they seem to be untrustworthy and hyper-critical about it. Not that it's wrong, but it's almost as if they dismiss the notions. I find myself having to reason the multiple ways it can be "proven wrong" and then countering those thoughts.

Sometimes leading to "Oh I see." or "I don't see it." And a shift in conversation topics.
It's almost like we know each other/ have the same ideas, but can't mesh them.
>>
>>26154576

Thanks. Will do.

totes orig shit you fucking captcha
>>
>>26154608
You retards need to read about cognitive functions.
>>
>>26154576
>http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.

wat
>>
File: 1453968348651.png (66KB, 382x395px) Image search: [Google]
1453968348651.png
66KB, 382x395px
>tfw ISTJ, but you're still a NEET loser instead of a mindless drone.

this is truly suffering
>>
>>26154812
As in people mistype themselves as INFJ and ENTP?

I would imagine that people would mistype themselves as INTJ. Cause of the le epic grand strategy mastermind meme.
>>
>>26154830
Basically if you could be inventor and come up with different ideas.
>>
>>26154210
this barely ranks above astrology
>>
>>26154529
Yeah, I noticed that. It used to be the genders were distributed based on the male:female ratio of the personality type, but now they've just given the womyn half the good ones for feels.
>>
>>26154864
I thought it was bullshit until I identified some people I know personally and looked at this;

http://falconnl.github.io/TypeSquare/

Conflict and Supervisee/ Beneficiary seem to be extremely accurate in almost all instances. It's quite funny.
>>
>>26154617
I did philosophy, I am very "T" for an INFJ, to be fair I mistyped as INTJ before, but then when I looked into functions and the importance I place on self-analysis, aha-erlebeniss kind of knowledge and "scanning" others people's feelings and reacting according to them, it's clear I am INFJ.

I try to paint a bit and express the complicated emotions I feel, to be fair most of my philosophy is also trying to make sense of a world I find confusing and constantly fascinating.

>>26154812
I'm a weird mix between both when you look too closely at the "are you late" and "are you messy" sort of questions. It's pretty clear when you look at the functions though.
>>
>>26154864
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator

>offers no arguments to substantiate belief
>>
File: nightmare vision goggles.jpg (120KB, 1659x820px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision goggles.jpg
120KB, 1659x820px
>>26154495
That is something i can do as an INFJ male other than killing myself?
>>
>>26154853
The only scenario when ENTP identify as INFJ if he's in deep depression or delusion. ENTP and INFJ have completely different primary and auxiliary functions. It's important to know whenever you're using Ne (extroverted intuition) or Ni (introverted function), are you searching inspiration from external source or internal one.
>>
do INTJ girls exist
>>
>>26154939
Meet another INFJ female?
Go to writing classes maybe.
>>
>>26154830
This says I am ISTJ

I tested in other ways for INTJ.

Many of the questions on this test make no sense to me.
>>
File: intp another one.png (27KB, 660x312px) Image search: [Google]
intp another one.png
27KB, 660x312px
>>26154908
>I try to paint a bit and express the complicated emotions I feel, to be fair most of my philosophy is also trying to make sense of a world I find confusing and constantly fascinating.
I would be so happy to have someone like you around.
I actually mistyped myself as ENTP, then INFJ. Pic related, I'm probably one of the more "feely" INTPs. Funnily enough, I was portraying many Ne and Fi/ Fe traits previously, unaware of MBTI in greater depth. I just felt that I hit too many walls/ things don't make sense unless you are
A) More observant
B) More in tune with your emotions, and the quantum-mechanic-like fuckiness of them.

No more absolute truths. More discovery and amazement. I would definitely need someone more aware of my emotions to "draw me out" and place emphasis on their existence/ my intentions. Currently, feelings just hit me like a fucking train every time, and I'm trying my best to stick it through rather than jump out of the tracks like I always have. (Especially since I've had a lot of stress)
>>
>>26154948
I am an ENTP, that's why I was asking you to clarify your terminology. I was wondering if you meant that ENTP and INFJ were the most mistyped among all personality types in general, mistyped for one another, or people mistyped themselves as those personality types.

I know that INFJ is Ni Fe Ti Se and I know that the ENTP archetype is Ne Ti Fe Si (shadow functions Ni Te Fi Se).

I can see where you're coming from when you say a depressed ENTP could mistype as an INFJ (introspection due to Si) but that wasn't clear in your original post, or mentioned at all.
>>
File: nightmare vision goggles 2.jpg (58KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision goggles 2.jpg
58KB, 722x349px
>>26154968
>Rarest personality type on earth
>Tells me i should seek another "special snowflake personality" human being, but female and willing to be with me.
> *loads gun*

S-someone else??
>>
>>26155027
I tend to be the person coaxing feeling out of people and being a good "dump your feels with me" kinda gf, but then I don't pay attention to mine and since they're about death, dying, the futility of existence and how nothing even makes sense, everytime the feelbomb explodes my friends or boyfriends end up nopeing out of there, or tell me to write a book about it.
Currently I mostly numb everything with alcohol, and overthink shit to create some distance. It's not all that peachy to feel things all the time. Though when I'm happy I can be really really fucking happy. Or in love. Sometimes that happens too.
>>
>>26154210
>I want to know an ideal match for an INTP.
death
t. an intp
>>
>>26155076
I'm the other INFJ female in the thread. What I hate is that most INFJ are often persuaded that they know the Truth, and more and more that "truth" becomes something along the lines of Tumblr-tier feminism and SJW bullshit. I wouldn't even know where to meet those others and I don't even really look for them.
>>
>>26154210
Just want to give some advice, don't ree at me please.

As an INTP female, I'd advise you to stay away from INFJs, ENFJs, etc. They are too emotional for INTPs. I don't know if finding an extrovert would work for you. Fellow INTPs seem the best to be honest.
Avoid Sensing types at all costs.
>>
File: death.jpg (117KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
117KB, 500x704px
>>26155086
I agree with this statement
original death
>>
>>26155129
ST types are pretty intrigued by NT types due to their thinking capability. It's like perfect blend between action and thought.
>>
>>26155076
Look for an aggressive, assertive and argumentative ENTP woman to take care of you.
>>
File: finale.png (440KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
finale.png
440KB, 633x758px
>>26155080
>but then I don't pay attention to mine and since they're about death, dying, the futility of existence and how nothing even makes sense, everytime the feelbomb explodes my friends or boyfriends end up nopeing out of there, or tell me to write a book about it.
I've encountered my demonic Fi countless times, to the point where I've laid out all red flags dealing with that internal shitstorm of emotion.
I've both logically deduced a meaning for existence in these scenarios, a doe-eyed passion for letting the negative emotion explode into this new universe of creativity, and the empathy to embrace someone else's same feeling towards "everything is fucked"

If you are a cynical dreamer, I'm a dreaming cynic. I want to take feel bombs as long as there is a promise to learn from the experience/ an open-mindedness to the exploration of these thoughts.
>>
>>26155106
What are you saying has absolutely no sense. Female sjw feminism bullshit seems to be really popular these days, and INFJ is the rarest type on earth , there can't be a lot of people thinking that bullshit. So honestly i think that if you have this way of thinking you have failed your own personality type. INFJ hates feminism and such(me too),feminism is a Stacy attitude.
>>
INFP male report an, what do I win? A-am I doomed?
>>
>>26155174
I think SF types are the worst for INTPs. At least for males. An SF male is a nice combination with an NT female, but the opposite seems not likely to work out. ST might be better, dunno.
>>
>>26155220
If you're not artist i guess i have bad news for you.
you need strong, nurturing type of gf
>>
>>26155197
Feelbombs are exhausting though, especially having to hide them from people or having to deal with the clean up afterwards "sorry, I feelploded, I didn't mean that dramatic message I sent. No I'm better now, I'll keep going through the motions and pretend I matter."
As for exploring those thoughts, it would be what I need but never encountered, you're never as honest as when you've just let every "wall" you build around your self crumble down.

Where are you even from?
>>
File: saitamore.png (749KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
saitamore.png
749KB, 861x990px
>>26155220
sorry anon, but you're the most kucked tier personality.
Your only chance at redemption is being an abrasive and moving asshole rather than a complaining cynical one.
>>
What if I am ISTP, male?
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 607x330px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 607x330px
>>26154576
Every time I do this test I get INTJ.

Although I really do feel like an ENTP with a strong Si and weak Fe. I relate much more with the fast paced autistic tier "speedy" approach of the ENTP rather than the INTJs grave seriousness. Although it certainly does feel as if I wield Ni.
>>
>>26155219
Hm, I got the feeling that every time someone on tumblr is a feminist they end up being an "infj". Maybe those people just love to mistype themselves as one though since it's the special snowflake type.

Feminist SJW bullshit isn't that popular though, at least not outside of university circles.
>>
>>26155280
Very common. Good personality type. Do you like working and making things with your hands?
>>
>>26155266
Well I am not completely doomed then, I'm quite the asshole.
>>
>>26155248
ESFJ female and INTP male could work due to her strong maternal instincts. ESFP female and INTP probably doomed to fail due to her constant need of sensory stimulation while INTP has very little need of it. ISFJ female and ENTP male wouldnt work because ENTP isnt orientated towards stability and family unit as much as her.
>>
>>26155259
Not an artist, creativity and my growth has been blocked so that went out the window ;_;
>>
>>26155289
Actually ENTP is the least autistic rational type whereas INTP is the most. ENTP's are very good at understanding people, situations, and in fact, everything. That's why ENTP's make good managers, attorneys and lawyers alongside the traditional NT scientists and engineers.
>>
>>26155263
>"sorry, I feelploded, I didn't mean that dramatic message I sent. No I'm better now, I'll keep going through the motions and pretend I matter."
This leads to me asking you whether you just need comfort at that moment or want me to prove to you that you do matter. And not through any kind of bullshit either- this pattern of dealing/ evolving from emotions requires a realization that goes both into root causes and beyond to ethereal realm shit.
>Where are you even from?
I'm 20, and most mature INFJ females are at least 24+
I get the sentiment, but even if that's not an obstacle, there's a low chance we'll be able to meet.

But you can still email me at: [email protected] and we can talk there.
>>
>>26155289
INTJ and ENTP are the different sides of the same coin. ESFP is complete opposite of INTJ.
Where are your feelings mate?
>>
>>26155313
Sorta, I suppose. I don't mind it.
I don't go out of my way to work or build stuff for fun or anything. But if I need something fixed or have something to do, I'll enjoy doing it.
>>
>>26155361
ENTP is the most introverted type of extroverts, so it can be considered somewhat robot-tier. Doc.Brown from Back to the Future is classic example of ENTP scientist and Saul from Breaking Bad is example of lawyer ENTP.
>>
>>26155376
That's true. INTJ and ENTP have the exact same functions with their introversion-extroversion flipped.
>>
File: 1453762863554.jpg (871KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
1453762863554.jpg
871KB, 1224x792px
>>26154842
>tfw ISTJ but still stuck posting on this site despite life being a fun yet stable challenge.
If you run into an annoying person trying to get people to improve here it's me.
I will never use personal attacks or use low tier arguments though.
Why are you neet?
>>
>>26155364
>whether you just need comfort at that moment or want me to prove to you that you do matter
Nobody has ever been able to react properly, I guess it'd be some reassurance that I'm not completely insane to think that my single little human life isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Though I suppose that it would not hurt to be told from someone that matters to me, that I matter to them as wel as well. I hate the all-around advice of "you are important to so many people", since I only want to be important to only a handful despite feeling deeply for a lot of them. You're right that it requires going to the root causes but at some point you just stare down the abyss and the human fear of your own end.death.
I'll throw you an email.
>>
>>26155294
You are wrong, just because someone doesn't have a shirt with "girl power" on it, it doesn't mean that they don't think the same. ) 90% of the female, expecially stacy, will tell you that men gain more money, that there are not enough women in charge, and : "hurr durr there are no women in STEAM sector because they are discriminated" , and again the worst: "B-but feminism is also for men!!!11! The name doesen't matter!!!!111!! etc.

Also honestly how the hell can you think that an INFJ like you would think such superficial bullshits?? Haven't you read that we hate superficial people?? Or you hate yourself so much that you invetend that fucked up vision of you own type for having an excuse to not giving INFJ male a chance? No seriously...because we are the most mistyped type on earth, but i was not thinking that even INFJ could misunderstood ech other...God it's really hell being an INFJ
>>
>>26155361
I didn't mean autismo in the sense of poor social skills, but rather in the sense of strange, bizarre looney thinking patterns. When I start thinking fast I begin sweating and jumping, talking to myself and seeing very vivid mental images.

>>26155376
I don't know.

I was laying in bed an hour ago thinking about why I put so much effort into to what I do and I honestly couldn't get past the "it's too achieve my goals" or the "only the determined succeed stage". I just couldn't feel the warmth of what I actually desire. It felt like trying to see colour in a black hole.
>>
>>26155402
That's true but ENTP's are very social, either as lovable assholes or eccentric scientist types. Doc Brown can be typed as an INTP.

There's a lot of stereotypical ENTP's on TV, and none of them are "robots," but all of them are misunderstood deviants. Tony Stark, Rick Sanchez, Tyrion Lannister, etc.
>>
>>26155462
>such superficial bullshits
You clearly have a misguided idea of those type of people and of the content of academic feminism. First of all it's not that superficial, there's a complete theory behind it that goes pretty deep in its deconstruction of social mores, if you accept the basic paradigm that they function on. Paradigm that is, most of the time, that the feelings of the individual matter first and foremost, if you disagree with that dogma, feminism has no base to stand on.

It's also not Stacies that go into the whole "anti-tone-policing, fatpositive die cis scum feminists". Stacy is happy to keep buying nailpolish and shave her armpits, and while she's been told over and over about the wage gap and believes in those things, she isn't going to move away from white feminism, aside from sharing an article on her normiebook, she most likely won't go protesting or do a sit in for refugees. If you call those tumblr-tier girl Stacy's we just have very different vocabulary and are talking with same words but different meanings.
>>
>>26155485
What would you think is "perfect" partner to ENTP according to cognitive functions?
>>
Fellow intp here and I'd never want to be with another introvert. It'd be boring and quiet all the time. I'd rather have someone outgoing with energy to balance things out.
>>
>>26155608
>Balance things out
You'd probably get annoyed by it very soon. If it's high energy it's fine but usually it happens that another extrovert get bored with introvert.
>>
>>26155584
INFJ for relationships and INTJ for friendships.

INTJ's are too good a counterpoint and one of the only personality types an ENTP can have an interesting, no holds barred conversation with besides ENTJ and INTP. However, INTP's never get shit done. I tried to start a webcomic with an INTP and we had at least 20 pages of ideas and rough drafts completed but he never helped me draw it... ENTJ's on the other hand are a bit lacking in imagination and too aggressive with their work ethic. INTJ's are a nice middle ground. Goldilocks zone.

I've dated two INFJ's and I can say that ENTP's really do hit it off if with them if both parties are at the same level of smarts. However, they rely on their opinions and emotional intuition a little too much.

Anyways, these are just stereotypes. Realistically, there isn't anyone a psychologically balanced ENTP can't get along with, except the most robotic bureaucrats.
>>
>>26154336
Carl Jung's theories are also bullshit
>>
>>26155718
Like I said before, the reason that INTJ-ENTP is such a dynamic duo is that they have the same functions only with introversion and introversion flipped. INTP and ENTP have the same functions in different order. INFJ and ENTP have Ti and Fe flipped. So one is slightly more emotional and the other slightly more rational in an ENTP-INFP relationship; ironically the extrovert is less people oriented and the introvert more here.

Personally, I do try to avoid extended interactions with SF types because they're so volatile and irrational. They're fun to drink with, terrible to spend more than a day with.
>>
>>26155725
Jung is one of the most complex, controversial and important minds of all time... He founded analytical psychology.
>>
>>26155718
I'm ENTJ and i see ENTP as very air-like people. They can spend hours and hours discussing theories and random things but never get anything done.
>>
>>26155725
really? can you explain how?
>>
Best match up for a male INFP? What would be a good gf persona wise?
>>
>>26155846
ENFP would be very enthusiastic and artistic gf, ENFJ would be motherly, nurturing gf.
>>
>>26155846
your mamie
>>
>>26155879
what is INFJ?
>>
>>26155891
I actually hate my mother, also gr8 b8
3/10
>>
>>26154830
Yup. If you were ENTP that question would have made perfect sense to you.
>>
>tfw no more titty milk
>>
Made a couple of tests and they say im ENTP-A.
Can i consider myself lucky?
>>
>>26156108
http://www.25quiz.com/
This quiz gives the best impression. Take a screenshot while hovering over your most dominant field, and including the different % of chance you're the other types.
Remember to hide your IP address.
>>
Still no conclusion.

Anyone here dated an INTP girl? Drawbacks?
>>
>>26157531
You'll have to wait a lot for emotional connection.
>>
>>26155840

Most of his theoretical work is based on the idea of a semi-mythical "collective unconscious", with the exception of Myers-Briggs the overwhelming majority of his work is rejected by modern psychology. Hell, even Freud's work was based on actual case studies and his methods seem to work in some cases.

Jung was a classic wanker and Myers-Briggs is corporate pop-psychology intended to sell consulting and seminars. Sure, it's fun, but it has absolutely no scientific validity. Look up the "Big Five" if you want to see a personality profile with some modicum of scientific backing, but even that is tenuous at best.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.