[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you name me one privilege that actually applies to being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: questionings.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
questionings.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Can you name me one privilege that actually applies to being male? This applies to men living in the western world and doesn't include biological givens like having periods and giving birth- we're restricting it to societal privileges.

Literally name just one.
>>
>>26135792
you can open the jar of peanut butter by yourself
>>
>>26135819

again, not talking about physical differences (height, strength level, whatever).

And if you were clever enough you'd use a rubber glove or hot water.
>>
>>26135819
>doesn't include biological givens
higher physical strength is genetic

op is asking about more complex social advantages, like things that men can get away with doing but women can't
>>
>>26135866
in that case, I can't think of anything.
>>
If you look good as a dude you can get away with doing pretty much everything tb h
>>
>>26135866

physical strength isn't wholly genetic- it has genetic and environmental components to it. literally anyone can go lift weights, it's just that females choose not to for a number of reasons.
>>
there isn't
the only actual male privileges are physical, and society has moved to mostly close the gap on those while creating and maintaining the privileges women have
>>
>>26135921

we're also not talking about "Chad" privilege. Confounding the privilege of being atractive with being male is a big pitfall, and something that seems to stick in the minds of women.

We're talking about the privilege in western society that comes just from being male.
>>
Being shirtless. Girls can't walk around with their top off.
>>
Not wearing make-up

Being outspoken without being called a bitch
>>
Being smarter and more self aware than women
>>
>>26136775
Nobody says you have to wear make up senpai.

I like girls who don't wear makeup and their face looks much better imo.
>>
>>26136775
males and females will get criticism for being outspoken. not being allowed to wear make up to hide flaws is a disadvantage.
>>
>>26136943
Most guys who "like girls who don't wear makeup" actually have very little conception of how makeup even works. They get fooled by the 'no-makeup makeup' look so easily it's ridic.
>>
>>26137204

Fuck off dumb whore
>>
only thing I can think of is biological inconveniences honestly
>>
>>26135866
Yeah genetic as in male or female genes

Jesus Christ
>>
>>26135792
Politics, economy, culture and everything else in society is dominated by men. Men are richer and more powerful than women.
You have to be a special kind of virgin not to see male privilege.
>>
>>26137333
By merit, not by way of privilege
>>
>>26137333
in present day, not the 1830s
>>
>>26137367
Privilege is a component in merit you retard
>>
>>26137367
How is it merit if majority of them are men? They are chosen over women of higher merit simply due to male privilege.

>>26137383
Out of 100 richest people in the world, only 12 are women.
http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/
In US politics less than 20% of people in high positions (house, congress, senate) are women.
And there are hundreds of this kind privilege statistics, all pointing to clear and quantifiable male privilege.
>>
>>26136775

>Being outspoken without being called a bitch

I really can't stand this idea, that women really think these. These #bossy people really think men don't get called out for "being bossy"?

I've even seen a web comic where a boss is yelling at employees and the straw-man comic characters are like "wow, he's a go-getter", but they call the woman boss "a bitch"

These people must have never worked a real job in their life, because a male-boss is a "dick/prick/jerk/asshole" while a woman would just be a "bitch", so insulted/unwanted no matter what gender they are.
>>
Being viewed as more competent than women, even in face of evidence proving otherwise.
>>
I think you can get special scholarships as a man for going to nursing school
Also there are certain military positions women can't be in
>>
>>26137512

What are the male to female statistics at the other end of the socio-economic spectrum? Say male to female garbage workers for example?
>>
>>26137512
show me the same privilege in effect for common people

You can't because women are now more educated than men, and they now earn more on average in their 20s and 30s than men do. You can't really look to 70 year old business owners as evidence that men have inherent privilege, because it is shown that women have the same power to get there.
>>
>>26137422
Not in todays society.
>>
>>26135792

I would say when it comes to the extremely high level jobs, big leadership positions, women are still seen as not good leaders and people have an easier time taking orders from men.
>>
>>26135987
>Confounding the privilege of being atractive with being male is a big pitfall, and something that seems to stick in the minds of women.
What you have to understand is that to women all men are attractive. If you are male but not attractive you don't even rate as human in their minds.
>>
>>26137565
>even in face of evidence proving otherwise
Tell me, which gender was Einstein/any other scientist who changed the world with their disoveries. Men brought us electricity, cars and computers. Men build our, our houses and our cars.
So why do you believe woman are in any way more competent then men?
>>
>>26136943
I thought this too until I realized that the no makeup look is actually done with make up. You don't like girls who don't know how to properly apply make up, not girls who don't wear it
>>
>>26137512
>They are chosen over women of higher merit simply due to male privilege.
Merit is a very vague term. Women generally could have certain social inadequacies even they are more skilled in other areas.
>>
>>26137672
You misread, I didn't say women are more competent than men. I meant on a case by case basis, if a woman is proven more competent than a man, people are still more willing to trust the man solely for being a man.
>>
>>26137512
>women of higher merit

Dont make me laugh anon
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 465x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 465x269px
>>26136943
Sure you do m8
>>
>>26137755
As i said. There is a good reason they do that.
>>
You've never, ever, ever had to step outside of your door and fear being raped.
>>
>>26135949
Yeah, anyone can work out, but men genetically start out with a higher muscle mass and larger frame on average.
>>
>>26137854

>he says to the board full of weak skelly babies and overweight sweathogs
>>
>>26136511
Hasn't this been challenged and repealed in many places?

Just because they don't it doesn't mean it's illegal.
>>
>>26137834
Why do you keep bringing it up? It's a male privilege, that's what this thread is about, it doesn't matter if it's deserved or not.
>>
>>26137849
Sounds like that's a you issue.
>>
>>26136943
Women don't wear makeup for YOU. They wear it for THEMSELVES. If you don't like the way a woman puts her makeup on, that's YOUR problem, not hers.
>>
>>26137512
>They are chosen over women of higher merit simply due to male privilege.

Okay, now I know you're baiting.
>>
>>26137512
>Out of 100 richest people in the world, only 12 are women
All those men have wives and/or daughters with access to their money.
>>
The privelidge of getting drafted
>>
File: hillary-clinton-quote.jpg (58KB, 960x399px) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinton-quote.jpg
58KB, 960x399px
>>26137575
>there are certain military positions women can't be in

Yeah, the ones where you can get blown to bits. Not exactly a privelege.
>>
>>26137849
At least someone will white knight you.

It's "women and children" after all, not "women and children and men".
>>
>>26137587
Yeah, and billionaires/CEOs represent such a small percentile anyway.
>>
>>26137849
Women don't really either, outside of fucking war zones.

Almost no one just rapes people on the street, most of it is drunk women who regret or can't remember what they did the night before.
>>
>>26137891
Actually, you've pointed out one thing.

Being skinny is viewed as worse on a man than a woman.
>>
File: check your girl privlidge.jpg (2MB, 970x2569px) Image search: [Google]
check your girl privlidge.jpg
2MB, 970x2569px
>no girlfriend ever
>no friends
>no job
>can't even apply to 90% of scholarship programs because I'm a white male
>been told at college orientation there's a 50/50 chance I'm a rapist even though I've never touched a woman
>been told I shouldn't judge people at "tolerance training days" in high school just because I'm white
>expected to pay for dates, expected to make more money than my gf or I'm useless, expected to be taller, better educated, have a large social group, lift weights, all this and more

If someone told me I'm privileged, I'd punch them in the face. No joke.
>>
>>26135949
A guy that lifts weights will be able to get stronger than a woman that lifts weights without her taking steroids and him not. While you're technically correct that physical strength isn't wholly genetic, physical strength limits are, as is natural strength, and you're using semantics to be dishonest (even if that's not you're intention and you truly believe men and women are equally physically capable). All environmental factors being equal, men are stronger. This is the kind of thing OP is attempting to avoid; the dishonest semantics bullshit that's so prevalent when it comes to arguing privilege, or just biological differences between the sexes.
>>26136511
This is a good example of a male societal privilege that females do not have.
>>26136859
Physiological (physical)
>>26136775
>Being outspoken without being called a bitch
Instead of being called a bitch, a man is called controlling in similar situations. There's a time and a place to be outspoken, and the situations where one sex will be called out, so will the other. Also, men are called bitches all the time for being outspoken by men and women.
>not wearing makeup
It's not a requirement for anything except being considered attractive. While men have other standards to uphold, they still exist. Fat men get laid less. In order to be considered attractive, they have to dedicate serious time, energy, and money getting fit and thin. A lot of the time, women that are considered ugly can still get dates, while men that fall in the same range of ugliness will not. This has been shown several times with several dating site studies etc.
>>26137512
If you're arguing that the rich are made rich by other rich people, that's not male privilege, it's nepotism, which is more of a rich privilege than anything. If that's not the case, then they're not rich because they're not capable, making it a physical difference.
>>26137565
Examples that aren't anecdotal?
>>
none
besides actually apply to jobs like factories and coal mines and be favored over woman
>>
>>26138177
It's not anecdotal. Men being viewed as more competent and knowledgeable than women is a fact.
>>
>>26136775
Women who say this aren't being outspoken
They're being a bitch
>>
>>26137638
This is (mostly) true in institutions like the military, but that's changing rapidly. I've had competent and incompetent leadership from both sexes. I'm unbiased when it comes to how I evaluate leadership. It's relatively easy to prove whether or not a leader in the military is effective. In fact, there are annual fitreps or semiannual evaluations that put everything in the form of numbers and dollars that fairly objectively measure a leader's ability to lead. You can also look at the subordinate fitreps/evaluations and compare the two for a sanity check. Most in the military don't give a fuck who's leading when the results are good.
>>26137854
Most rapes are done by someone close to the victim, or even a family member. Stepping out the door has little to do with it. Male-rape is under reported and discredited far more often than female-rape, especially if it's female on male or prison anal rape (which makes you the butt of every prison rape joke ever). How many people will joke about women being raped in casual conversation, in the media, to the person that got raped, etc.
>>26137575
As opposed to the many scholarships that are offered simply for being a woman. The military positions are in the process of being corrected. They're allowing women to attend ranger training, go on submarines, and eventually SEAL training will open up to women (it's in the works now). Soon there will be no position in the military women aren't allowed to do.
>>26138206
This one is probably accurate, though physical limitations are likely a factor here. It would largely be a waste of time to hire someone that's not able to do the job physically. A woman that lifts weights would do fine in most labor jobs, but most women wouldn't have the strength or endurance needed without a significant time investment

So far, women (barely) have to wear shirts in public and some military positions aren't open to women (yet).

>>26138284
A fact according to who? You got a source for that?
>>
>>26137786
Is this picture supposed to make a point?
She looks fine without makeup on
Makeup doesn't make you stop frowning
>>
>>26138610
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1972.tb01272.x/abstract
>>
>>26138843
>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111
>Men (N= 264) and women (N= 343) students were shown one of 4 videotape versions of a female stimulus person (SP) being interviewed.
>Men (N= 264) and women (N= 343) students
This is why psychology has a shit reputation. That sample size is atrocious. They're also all students that are probably in the same age range and socioeconomic background. That study has a severe case of selection bias.
>>
>>26137849
This one I understand sorta. I'm a sandnigger so whenever I go into a bar in the suburbs to grab a bite, I feel really out of place because there are so many white people. I get really insecure that I'll accidentally do something that'll set someone off going
>GET OUT TOWELHEAD

Ultimately this is an irrational fear, and it's no one's fault. It's fear based on stories publicized by the media.

I still think diversity classes and "rape culture" is bullshit, though, and people need to get their fucking heads out of their asses. Will I never know what it's like to be black or be a woman? Yes. Does it mean I need a class to teach me to be sympathetic? Absolutely not.
>>
>>26139306
its because white people are so domesticated anything can kill them, they are absolutely terrified from getting beaten or raped.
the even more ironic thing is that they straight up refuse getting means of protection,especially woman. its the ultimate cuckery
>>
>>26139306
This is how a white person feels going to an entirely black area. That's not endemic to any particular race or sex. There are situations for nearly anybody in that they feel that level of fear. The thing is, you're more likely to get in a car accident, even if you're not in a car, than you are to get raped (or lynched in your case). The fear is irrational, given statistics on who's doing the raping/lynching and who is targeted.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.