[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw I enjoy music so much, that I almost don't care

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: musical note.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
musical note.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
>Tfw I enjoy music so much, that I almost don't care about all the other shit in life

Of course I'd likely be happier with more money and a loving gf etc, but I am certainly content with music. If I die without improiving my life, I'd still consider it a good one simply because of the music I've been able to enjoy in life

Listening to this gem atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7qax6kLqGs
>>
Why not create your own music then?
>>
>>26129104
agreed with this. it takes a lot of time and commitment but its fun and it doesn't feel like work if you enjoy it.
>>
>>26128803
>I enjoy music so much
>posts pop music
Kek, you probably don't know anything about music.
Learn some theory, at least one instrument and, even more importantly, expand your horizon.
>>
>>26128803
what is your favorite Swans album?
Original
>>
>>26129168
i agree that he should learn some theory/an instrument/listen to more music, that's something i think everyone should do if they care about music at all.

but there's nothing wrong with enjoying pop music, don't be a cunt.
>>
>>26129229
>Kek, you probably don't know anything about mus

This so much. I'm currently a grade 3 piano player that will be taking a grade 4 im february, I don't really care if you get your jimmies rustled by pop music, I am not a fan of most of it, but I personally enjoy that song.

Is it such a crime if, without actively choosing to, I enjoy this song?
>>
>>26129168
I know music theory and can play all the orchestral instruments and I still like pop music. Granted I don't like all of it, but there are diamonds in the rough out there. George Michael is one of my favorites.
>>
File: soremachi.png (16KB, 231x301px) Image search: [Google]
soremachi.png
16KB, 231x301px
>>26129462
>can play all the orchestral instruments
Come the fuck on.
>>
>>26129462
>Play all orchestral instruments

To what level?
>>
>>26128803

Alizee is the best thing to come out of corsica since Napolean
>>
>>26129168
>>26129229
Why the fuck should he learn music theory you dumb fucks?

>someone enjoys music a lot
>he probably doesn't know anything about music
Jesus christ
>>
>>26130366

I know, these faggots seem to think there are hard and fast rules about what music you are allowed to like.

He completely missed the point of OP
>>
>>26130366
theory allows you to analyze music, which is useful both for production and enjoyment. from a production standpoint it should be obvious. from an enjoyment standpoint, it gives you another vector from which to appreciate structure and progression, which helps you understand what you like and don't like in music (making it easier to find music you like). it also expands the amount of music you might find interesting.
>>
>>26130440
what are you talking about? in >>26129229 I explicitly said that there's nothing wrong with enjoying pop music. in fact there's nothing wrong with enjoying any music at all. theory just allows you to approach it from a different angle, it's like with any other discipline, where you can choose to care or not care about the rules, but at least knowing them provides a different level of enjoyment.
>>
Honestly music elitists are the biggest shitheads. Listen to what makes you happy famagustas, nobody gives a shit about your exquisite music taste anyway tbqh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2YWoLUKT0
here is some music for the music thread
>>
yeah, music is one of the few things that can really move me. books, movies, games are certainly all entertaining, but they just don't have the same powerful effect a good song has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k8gLyE0jqQ
>>
>>26130479
I know your true motive, and it is garbage.

Understanding music does NOT make you enjoy it more. It only makes you appreciate what is done, but the pure enjoyment comes from a different part of the mind. If someone loves food, does that mean he should learn how to cook food? No. If he knows the recipe, will he like the dish more? No. Even if he's good at making out the different ingredients of a dish, will that make him enjoy it more? Still NO.

>from an enjoyment standpoint, it gives you another vector from which to appreciate structure and progression
Again, why does understanding this matter?

>which helps you understand what you like and don't like in music (making it easier to find music you like).
I really don't see how. People are pretty good at finding what they like by genres and instrumentation.

>it also expands the amount of music you might find interesting.
No. Give an example of this happening to you.
>>
>tfw love music but can't talk about it or describe it without sounding like a moron
I could never be a music reviewer. In my head I know why I like things or why I don't, but when I try to express it all I can say is "U-UM IT SOUNDS NICE AND THE MUSIC IS GOOD"
>>
>>26130858
I end up sounding lime some pretentious wine critic (which I also do with wine, except for that it actually sounds a lot better)
>>
Music is the frequency of emotion. The way feelings sound. all other forms of media seem to me to be a compounding of many different avenues of thought expression, where music is only emotional, be it at the end of a drumstick feeling the energy to smash your snare on beat or off, or just listening at home. I think the purity of music as a mode of expression and resonant impression we can take from that expression, is what makes music such a beautiful and global phenomenon
>>
>>26128803
>don't listen to music for the first 24 years of life
>get into '70s' prog
>move to modern prog
>move to avant-prog
>move to avant-garde

Not sure what to do at this point. Classical? Theory? Composing own pieces?
>>
>>26131066
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQWhFysPKY
time to go /e m o t i o n a l/
>>
File: 1444925558244.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1444925558244.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>tfw no one appreciates your legitimately diverse music taste

A few days ago my mom called me a pleb for listening to Gwen Stefani. Getting my slav on right now tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKSr_aRGp-Y
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.