[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here D&D?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: highres_8025506.jpg (62KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
highres_8025506.jpg
62KB, 750x600px
It's great, I get to pretend to be someone I'm not for 3 hours or so, forgetting how terrible my boring life is. All you have to do is get some willing people to play. But once you do that, it's an awesome game
>>
File: 1454162196295s.jpg (7KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454162196295s.jpg
7KB, 208x250px
I always wanted to try, but my country is terrible for nerds, everyone is a disgusting shallow normie/ failed normie at best, so there are no big nerdy clubs or similar.

Also i'm shy and i don't know how to contact someone and asking them to teach me...

also
>>
File: 1452096343638.jpg (227KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452096343638.jpg
227KB, 480x640px
>>26128401
I used to almost every other day when I was in highschool with one group or another (some much older than me, some the same age) and a clean and thoughtful introvert like myself just doesn't gel well with socially inept high school grade "nerds" or greasy, fat, obnoxious neck beards who think they're some kinda alpha when they step into the FLGS.

What can I say? I'm a unique and special snowflake and groups of ordinary autists aren't any better than groups of ordinary normies for me.
>>
>>26128401
>pretend to be someone I'm not for 3 hours or so, forgetting how terrible my boring life is.
i never got this. It doesnt actually work that way, same with anime or mmo's.
You dont forget who you are or what your life is any more than if you were playing tennis for 3 hours. Youre just busy.
>>
>All you have to do is get some willing people to play.
Guess how that's been going.
>>
I'm going to be running a 5e Princes of the Apocalypse campaign this evening OP.
>>
>>26128872
True, distracted is what it is I guess.
>>
>>26128401
the min maxing and rule lawyering in dnd and pathfinder always put me off exploring them.

What pen and paper system should I explore?

(I might need to learn it and dungeon master it myself then thrust in on some friend who are ok with giving it a go but dont want to put in too much effort initially)
>>
>>26128619
You would be surprised how many failed normies and even some normies would be willing to play. You just need to make it seem interesting, tell them what it is, but describe it sorta like "A fantasy story telling game that uses imagination and such" just word it right. You would be surprised. I have 1 pure normie friend, and I casually asked him if he wanted to play. He said he would, you'd be surprised
>>
>>26128619
Play online
>>
>>26129022
My group always bent the rules. Our DM isn't an ass, we just follow the general rules. We drew the map on a corkboard and stuck pins where are group was on the map. We just made up a lot of the stuff. You can't be to strict, because that drains out the fun, there is a healthy middle ground for rule following.
>>
I'd love to try it, but just haven't

I don't know how to even get started with it all

still looks pretty fun, and I think I'd be a fairly decent DM if I put my heart and soul into it
>>
The only people I know who play D&D are the last people I'd want to spend any amount of time with.
>>
I play a few weekly sessions with different groups, it's fun.
>>
>>26129146
I say go for it!
>>
I just started playing for the first time with a group of lazy stoners. Only gone to two and got too high and was bored and uncomfortable the whole time. Last week one of the people hosting stood me up when we had plans to drink. Didn't respond at all, so I skipped dnd the next day because I just felt too uncomfortable about that
>>
>>26130019
Sorry to hear that. Some groups are better than others
>>
>>26128895
There's some game finder threads on /tg/ if you're too autistic to look for people.
>>
Had a new campaign start yesterday. Literally two people died to 1/8th difficulty bandits
>>
>>26129022
There's still a bit if rules of course, and I like crunchy stuff, but The World of Darkness is a fantastic system for story-based gaming that can be manipulated as needed. It's sister systems include the different offshoots of Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling, Mage, and others.

I'm just excited for my Parhfinder game on Sunday, hopefully we'll actually get a good battle. The past few sessions have involved a lot of traveling and RP and in-game strategy, but very little combat. I just want a mob of little guys to murder from the sky ;_;
>>
>>26131481
What level? That's pretty common between levels 1 and 3 or so, just because your defense, damage output and basic class abilities haven't come out yet. My group is at level 10 or 11 right now and it's fuckin great. Our DM has to keep coming up with ways to beef up the bad guys or else we just tear through them, so it makes out battles really neat, what with different terrain, miss chances, magic stuff, actually making use of combat maneuvers, stuff like that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.