[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't be nihilist anymore. I genuinely cannot fucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: 18wzij50lzkb0jpg.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18wzij50lzkb0jpg.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
I can't be nihilist anymore. I genuinely cannot fucking handle it. But how the fuck do you escape it?
>>
>>26114094
Good news is, you already are escapingit.
>>
there is no going back. people can be as contrarian as they want, but once you go down the nihilist hole you can't go back to being normal
>>
You need to have a wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: 1453015191521.jpg (32KB, 431x543px) Image search: [Google]
1453015191521.jpg
32KB, 431x543px
>>26114094
If you're dissatisfied with nihilism you're doing something right.
>>
you have to stop suppressing your feelings

I've only very recently come out of this. You're a nihilist because you've, without realizing it numbed yourself to the world. Once you can accept bad feelings and stop trying to bottle up every emotion you will start to feel good feelings again. It can be hard at first though if you've been doing it for years.
>>
>>26114094
you have to see as a relieving understanding, sort of enlightenment as ridiculous as it sounds

when nothing matters then there is nothing to worry about, nothing to stress about, just try to enjoy your existence
>>
>>26114094
Look into existentialism.
T. existentialism shill.
>>
Read The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus. It's only a hundred or so pages long, and offers a decent alternative to nihilism. If that's not your thing you can always find happiness in collecting rare pepes.
>>
File: 1445664009977.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1445664009977.gif
773KB, 260x221px
>>26114372
>go deeper down the pit of despair! It will really help you!
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 468x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 468x678px
If your mind isn't real, how can you trust it to tell you it's not real?
Boom. Double nihilism.
also, pic related helped me
>>
>>26114415
Pretty much, it's not supposed to be despair though.
>>26114320
Pic related said as much, not in the quote though.
>>
>>26114484
Also it's from the Tibetan Book of the Dead.
I assume that reading it will help you.
>>
File: 1452184643431.jpg (54KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1452184643431.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
>>26114349
>when nothing matters then there is nothing to worry about, nothing to stress about, just try to enjoy your existence

holy fuck you dummy this is not nihilism at all!

What the fuck have you been reading people?

Of course there is no God and therefore there is no afterlife. Human life has no meaning from the start, therefore it is in your intentions to give it one! You're supposed to gather power, rise above others, anon there is nothing but this life, so it's your duty as a human being to rise to the top and become superhuman!

If you dwell in your sadness all day you're not a nihilist you're just a faggot.

And remember that Nietzsche told people that if life is too hard for them then perhaps they should just kill themselves and let non fuck ups improve their lives without them.
>>
Absurdism.

It's basically the same thing, but everything is really god damned cool because of how inherently pointless and random everything is.

It's a lot better than being a sad sap about how everything's meaningless and therefore not worth the trouble.
>>
>>26114688
>so it's your duty as a human being to rise to the top and become superhuman!
How can there be a "duty as a human being" if there's no inherent meaning or purpose to existence?
>>
File: Maximum Rare.jpg (16KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Rare.jpg
16KB, 331x334px
Nihilism is a moral realist stance that requires moral statements to be truth-apt. It is literally as illogical as being traditionally religious.

If you have a nihilistic outlook and think you've hit a dead end, you're completely fucking wrong, because it's bases are non-observable, as it is the denial of moral realist principles as though they exist to deny, or as though they cannot exist.

Phenomenological non-cognitivism is the only philosophical stance that is logically valid and sound within the context of what can be observed thus far with our technology, as we don't have any "morality denying sunglasses" or anything ridiculous like that at the moment as a species.

Existentialism is what you do when you want to trick yourself into thinking your own life has meaning like a weak-minded pussy faggot who thinks nihilism is a logical stance. Egoism is where you go if you want to do whatever the fuck you feel like doing because the only thing that matters phenomenologically is yourself.
>>
File: 1447749633769.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
1447749633769.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>26114755
And absurdism is where you go if you don't feel like thinking about anything and want to make an excuse for not wanting to think about anything.
>>
>>26114837
im not smart enough to understand that

can you rewrite it using stupid person wordspeak?
>>
>>26114837
>my philosophical meanderings are better than your philosophical meanderings
>>
Pro-tip: you have been memed into thinking meaning should come from above instead of within, and your nihilist stance is in contradiction with this spook you cling to, spook which makes you sad.

What you might say is that a meaning that has been pre-made by someone else is perhaps easier to accept as opposed to a self-constructed meaning, the former doesn't really require a lot of effort while the latter does, but fundamentally there is nothing stopping you from constructing your own meaning.

Sure, you'll probably never feel like a true believer who very sincerely has found a universally correct meaning, but does it really matter?
>>
>>26114880
Phenomenological = reality as it exists from your own personal, first-person perspective. It basically implies that you can only know what you personally experience and sense.

non-cognitivism = the stance that moral statements cannot be truth-apt, as there is no observable evidence to give grounding to a moral statement. "Evil exists" and "Evil does not exist" are both morally truth-apt statements. "There is no evidence that evil exists" is a non-cognitivist statement, and a true one unless you have a magical token of evil to present as evidence.

Egoism is basically the stance that, you should probably just do whatever you want or whatever makes you feel good because it is phenomenologically the most logical thing to do. Be it go ice skating, buy a pet koala, zamboni midwestern sidewalks in winter or chain people up in your basement, there is no moral conflict with doing anything that pleases you because the evidence isn't there to back it up. It's simply the recognition that it makes the most logical sense to do whatever the fuck you feel like doing with your life.

Another technically based stance is sort of the opposite, the disillusion of the ego. That's some monk shit right there though, it's basically accepting that everything is pretty much the same stuff rearranging itself and that consciousness is an illusion and that "you"ness is a socio-instinctual abstraction and doesn't actually matter.

>>26114913
They objectively are from a logical standpoint. I don't see any reason to be upset about that.
>>
>>26115130
thank you for explaining it
>>
>>26114484
>normieshit retarded identities
The only thing I identify as is my consciousness
>>
>>26115061
>self constructed meaning
You mean lying to yourself lol?
>>
>>26115130
Would you consider the excerpt in the picture in >>26114484
To be an example of disillusion of ego?
>>
>>26115234
You rather let someone else lie to you?
>>
>>26115234
There is no lying unless you are under the false assumption that the only true meaning of things has to be universally correct.
There is no contradiction.
>>
>>26115262
No I'd rather live a life of painful truth rather than pleasant illusions. Weaklings and normies won't ever understand this.
>>
>>26115282
>It's not lying if you make up a useless definition for meaning!
>>
>>26115239
It's definitely related, but not a direct example or anything. Ego-death is the ultimate example, but the only two things that cause that experience are intense and heavily practiced self-deprivation + meditation, and psychedelics, and it's not really a permanent thing, if it was you'd probably just sortof die. It's a glimpse of not feeling separate from your immediate environment, and that environment not really being separate from anything else in existence.

There's a good old buddhist legend that has a good example of true ego-rejection in practice.

A monk is walking along a path. Down the hill from the path, he spots a starving mother tiger with her ribcage protruding, next to two starving cubs. He realizes that the mother won't be able to produce milk as she is starving, and that the cubs will not survive. He realizes that he can solve this problem. He walks up to the tigers, lays down on the ground and lets the mother tiger eat him.

based asf desu.
>>
>>26115319
What's your definition of 'meaning' then?
Either way, that lack of universal meaning = bad it's only a meme, a shit meme.
>>
>>26115339
>dying for tigers.
What a cuck.
>>
>>26114688
That's existentialism, mate.
>>
>>26115389
Based, really. The imagery he witnessed made him sad, he had a solution, and was fully aware that the tigers were no more or less important than he was.

It's not my thing at all, personally I would really like a tiger skin and I would see it as an opportunity to acquire three of them. I'm just judging philosophical standpoints by their logical bases, and realizing that individuality and self-ness is an abstraction and living life that way is pretty fucking grounded, and completely incompatible with widespread globalized society.
>>
>>26115436
so i should let a tiger eat me because we're all just matter organized in different shapes?
>>
>>26115484
this desu, if he wasn't a pretentious faggot the monk would realize that he's a part of the system, that whatever path he took is fair game because he's part of the experiment.
>>
>>26115288
Your "truth" is just a lie of your own mind.
"Truth" is a human concept, you treat it as a "real" thing so that you can satisfy yourself with a sense of superiority over "normies" and "weaklings".
You're not better or worse than any of the other flesh bags that enter and exit existence in a cosmic blink of an eye. Your delusion gives you satisfaction. By your definition, you're a normie and a weakling.
>>
>>26115484
You should do whatever the fuck you want imo. Which is what the monk did.

It's the logical reasoning behind doing what you want that I'm discussing.
>>
>>26115637
Okay, thought as much.
I'll continue to supply myself with false meaning then.
>>
>>26115339
Actually, in the Teaching of The Buddha he jumps off the cliff so he dies beforehand. But yes, that is a good example.
I appreciate that you can appreciate both egoism and its polar opposite as ways to live a fulfilling life. I know it doesn't matter on an anonymous image board, but you're a cool guy in my books.
>>
>>26115615
>implying things exist outside of my mind
topkek
> Your delusion gives you satisfaction. By your definition, you're a normie and a weakling.
wrong my good friend, if I wanted satisfaction there would be more efficient ways to get it. Instead I want truth.
>inb4 "you place a higher value on truth than satisfaction and therefore you are appeasing your own hedonic masturbation"
True, but so do you with whatever you value. The reason I am superior is because I value truth more than pleasure.
>>
File: 遠藤サヤ542.png (1018KB, 1196x1067px) Image search: [Google]
遠藤サヤ542.png
1018KB, 1196x1067px
>>26115667
That's a bandage solution, cut it out!

>>26115694
ik tyvm for the internet head pat the anime girl comes out to make you either reconsider your words or reconsider anime posters.
>>
>>26114484
get out of here jaden smith
>>
>>26115813
Things don't exist outside of your mind. That's why I was saying that your sense of "truth" and "superiority" are no different than any other concept like "pleasure".
But i can tell you truly do feel superior, and so I won't try to do any more to ruin your illusion that you've made for yourself. What else do we have besides the illusions we've created? It is what our awareness is made of, and there is no way to comprehend anything beyond that awareness.
>>
File: 173271.jpg (33KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
173271.jpg
33KB, 225x350px
>>26115826
Existentialism is fun tho.
I will admit to being out of my depth regarding anything else though, been a while since I've read something of substance.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.