[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is okcupid a viable way to meet girls? I'm decently attractive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

is okcupid a viable way to meet girls? I'm decently attractive and have had girls hit on me/show interest, but I've always been too anxious to act on it. Like one girl at my old job would always laugh at what I'd say even if i wasn't joking and would touch my shoulder with her hand and say "lol anon you're so funny" but some weirdo asked her out and they started to date so I can't ask her out anymore to be my girlfriend.

So if I'm 6'1" and 175lbs and have an ok/symmetrical face that's sort of oval shaped will I be able to get at least a 6/10 not super fat girlfriend from okcupid? I get compared to the character "Ryan" from the tv show "The office" a lot in appearance, he's the one who's the temp and the one who started the fire in case anyone forgot.

I play the guitar and am a music teacher and music producer (not "ooi I have FL studio, i am music man!" type producer but I have a job at a small recording studio and am assistant head-engineer there so I work a lot) and I paint pictures and like to drink fancy drinks like white russians, smoke marijuana sometimes, and play with my cat who is my only friend. Also I play videogames but won't post that on okcupid because it makes me look like a giraffe

So, do I do the okcupid and get a girlfriend that way? Or do I just "be myself" and be alone forever because I'm not very talkative and am very shy/anxious/awkward (and not "ooh look at me, I have anxiety" but I had to go to a therapist in highschool about it and have had prescriptions for prozac, valium, and more recently klonopin but stopped taking them because drinking made me too drunk so I'd rather be a little drunk and just have anxiety attacks than have no panic attacks and be blackout drunk after two or three drinks) around new people and even people I've known a while
>>
File: ryan the office not kelly.jpg (75KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
ryan the office not kelly.jpg
75KB, 639x360px
>>26090929
here is a picture of ryan for the office in case anyone does not want to look it up, don't be confused by him saying "kelly" on the name tag because that isn't his name, it's the name of another character from the very same show.
>>
File: original_comment.jpg (145KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
original_comment.jpg
145KB, 670x503px
please respond :'(

original_comment.jpeg
>>
bump...please.

another original comment that is not unoriginal but is the very quintessence of originality.
>>
Someone post the graph. You know which one.
>>
File: rthfghfg.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
rthfghfg.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
>>26090929

The only option you have, OP.
>>
Living with the girl Im in love with. Been together seven months. Never had such a good relationship. Met through okcupid. It can happen.
>>
Is it viable? No. The competition is insaner that real life because people afraid to try in real life (us) roam it's "streets" as well as chad's looking for an easy fuck.

I can get consistent responses, but it never goes anywhere. The ONE time it almost went somewhere I pussied out and stalled until she stopped responding.

I wish I knew how to try in real life, "just go out" Yeah, go out and do what?
>>
File: 1444153356260.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1444153356260.gif
2MB, 300x225px
Post face.

No matter your personality, it all comes down to your appearance.

Also smile, but don't force it... You will look like a predator.
>>
>>26091463
>being a delusional cuck
>>
Yes
It's even easier on OKcupid than in real life.
>>
>>26091702
Love those memes, hotshot.
>>
Meet girls?

yeah, I met one off OKC.

But actually get in a relationship with? I think it's impossible.
>>
>>26091588
I'm scared to post my picture on 4chan because I'm worried somebody will save it.
>>26091395
Tried and failed, I drank like 7 beers, half a bottle of oxycontin and a handful of prozacs and then the rest of the beers and woke up three days later in a pool of vomit. I figure I have 20 more years if I'm lucky so might as well wait, 30 if I'm unlucky.
>>26091527
If I'm a funny writer will I get a response? I majored in english in college and always got "good essay, anon!" from my professors.
>>26091463
Is she pretty? I'm scared to date an extremely ugly girl like the girl in those copy/pastes of the one girl who says "me so ugly, nobody dates me" the one who looks like a potato
>>26091315
I have a sheet of graphing paper, do I post a picture of that? What do I do, a pie chart or bar graph? Hello?
>>
OKcupid has a large proportion of social deviants, especially polyamorist.
If you want to explore alternative life styles like polyamory, it is the site to go to.
>>
>>26091772
My face lives on many anons hardrives.

But I'm no one important, its a meh for me.
>>
>>26091772
>If I'm a funny writer will I get a response? I majored in english in college and always got "good essay, anon!" from my professors.

Maybe? I use jokes sometimes, I ask serious questions sometimes. Ultimately it goes nowhere. All I know if my response rate is consistent enough to know I'd be alright in real life. If only I knew how.
>>
>>26091772
Yes, she's pretty. I fucked one girl from OK cupid who was below my standards. It was such an unrewarding experience that I started to be more discerning.
>>
Yes, if you live in a big city you won't have any problems with 6/10, but 7/10 there will be some stiff competition.

But it depends because some autists can only write messages like "hey" and "how's your day bby?"
>>
>>26091911
If I ask who her favourite colour is will I get more responses? I don't live in a big city but I live in a medium-large city so if it was a person it'd be too big for medium but larges would be loose.
>>26091903
Ok that's good to hear, one of the two times I had sex that wasn't paid for was with a very fat and unpleasant girl but she offered to buy me weed and I think she raped me because I don't remember anything of it.
The other was a girl who kept calling me a different name so I think she thought I was someone else but she was ok and kind of pretty and I wasn't even invited to that party but I had to go there because I usually go to random house parties and drink a lot of their beer then just walk home when I'm drunk enough. Sometimes I even smoke their weed just by sitting in the blunt circle or however it's called.
>>26091898
What kind of serious questions? Like do I ask "How is your relationship with your father?" Or is that too serious?
>>26091861
That's still scary, what if they post my picture and act like they're me?
>>
>>26092025

What kind depends on what's on their profile dude, I can't answer that.
>>
>>26091911
It's so hard to text though. I am "myself" and sound like a friend, but when I try being bolder I just sound like a failed pick up artist.
>>
>>26092025
>If I ask who her favourite colour is will I get more responses?
Avoid generic questions. Ask questions that are specific to her profile!
>>
>>26092025
You aren't posting your social and home address.

Also I tried okcupid once, it was fun but a huge waste of time. Better luck going out to the public venue.
>>
>>26092120
but its not general because she'll be like "how is a colour who? do you mean what?" and I'll say to her "what what in the but?" and then she'll block me

Should I ask 'do you want to learn guitar and to strum the g string, can I put a thong around your but?"

maybe i'm unfunny. will i post, "i'm not very funny but here is an attempt to make you laugh?"
>>
>>26092025
>>26092095

Create a fake account as a girl. Use 7/10 pic. Read all 100+ messages you get per day and see for yourself what you would have responded to. You will quickly understand that someone who actually say something related to your profile is a blessing.
>>
>>26092188
if somebody reversed images me they can find my public profiles of websites though because the only pictures of me are the ones where I got tagged in on something like the myspace, or the facebook, or the twitter even though I only have accounts and never post but other people have posted a picture of me before even though i said "please, i dont like pictures and i dont like me being online" and they said "haha, we're posting you anyway" and i said "oh...ok, sorry" since i apologize to people all the time.
>>
File: lonely fembots.jpg (729KB, 2012x2604px) Image search: [Google]
lonely fembots.jpg
729KB, 2012x2604px
>>26090929
3 most important tips:

>pictures of you doing interesting things
self explanatory.

>slide recreational activities into conversation in a subtle way
girls just wanna have fun, etc. etc. example: "oh you're from florida? i went to daytona with my friends sophomore year."

let them know that you do things. they don't know how to ask. the conversation will just go on, with neither of you sharing much of anything, and then they'll call YOU boring.

>send follow-up messages
sending a second message can be important. it's counter-intuitive as fuck. i know. but just two sentences a week later can really set you apart. i know *personally* that this works. i've gotten no response, sent another one, and then gotten a date. more than once actually.

other than that, always have at least 2 convos going. it's not that hard - just don't write a lot. they don't want you to anyway. once you go on that first coffee date with one, you can kinda drop the other.
>>
File: 1453267925122.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453267925122.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
>>26092188
Fine here you go. Just don't meme me to death
>>
>>26092351
>kinda drop the other
meaning, let her know that you're talking to someone else, but that you enjoyed talking to her and you'll remember her if that doesn't work out.
>>
>>26092351
I don't have pictures of me doing anything interesting, I have one of me at a mixing board but I didn't want it to be taken and I wasn't even looking because I wasworking and don't like it when people bother me when I'm mixing

And I don't have recreational activities unlesss you count working? Or do I slide around her activities?

What's follow up? Like I send one thing, she won't respond, and then I send another? Do I say "are you my mommy?" I accidentally said that to someone at school once and she said "hahaha what the fuck?" but that was a few years ago when I was still at college.

>>26092372
This isn't me, I'm not black and/or indian. I'm white and my whole family is white with dark hair and blue eyes so you have the dark hair.

Unless did you find me and photoshop me into an indian? Please, I'm not apu.
>>
>>26092411
How to say that? Do I say "sorry love there's someone else"?

Do I play the "Dennis" game from that television program "It's always sunny in the philadelphia"?
>>
>>26092482
You're expressing levels of autism approaching the Planck limit here, tbhfam
>>
>>26092598
i'm sorry, which part was the autistic part? or is it all of it? How to improve?

Is it because I can't slide around her activities? Why not? Should I just pretend to not do music producing, is that the autistic part of me?

What do I do to improve ?
>>
I usually don't try to be funny at all but seek genuinely meaningful conversations.
>>
>>26092771
would being funny be a good start? Or could it easily backfire?

What are some things I could say based off her profile? Like "oh wow, cool band, who's you're favourite song by them?"

Also, what to do as a first date? Just going to coffee? What do we talk about and would it be rude of me to say "this is going nowhere?" if it's going nowhere? Like the only date I went on I got nervous and said "I'm going to the loo" and then I left because she was set up from a friend who said "anon this girl thinks you're cute, it's in the bag" but I didn't have a bag unless he meant it was in my rucksack?

Maybe did he mean "You keep your cellphone in your rucksack, so it's in the bag and get her telephone number"???
>>
>>26092955
Talk about what you're interested in, or could get interested in, AND what she's interested in too.
There's no point in upholding artificial conversations.
>>
>>26093024
how do I talk about myself? I always feel like an arrogant person when I talk about myself so I usually try not to. What if she only posts "Netflixxxxx!!!!" On her profile? Do I ask her what shows she likes to watch? That makes her seem more boring than me which makes me sound arrogant again.
>>
>>26093177
>how do I talk about myself?
Talk about what genuinely interests you, things you might have in common
>>26093177
>What if she only posts "Netflixxxxx!!!!" On her profile?
I'd ignore her if she puts that little effort into it
>>
>>26093209
No girls are as interested in music as I am they only like to get drunk at shows and music is the only thing I like besides my cat. Do I say something like "ha! and then this stupid metal band who came into the studio tried saying that using multiple mics for one amp is stupid! They told me that I should do a stereo mix for the vocals and I just laughed in their face and told them "go waste somebody else's time" the morons!!!" because that's what interests me or do I say that one time I told the guitarist from a band to get me coffee because that's all he's good for and then the band broke up after that?

>I'd ignore her if she puts that little effort into it
Like for her interests on the profile, not the rest. Or is okcupid only having "interest" sections and no blurb to talk about themselves for a little?
>>
>no one posting profiles
WOOOOOW
>>
>>26093320
>posting something with personal information on a place where people regularly get doxxed and harassed
why?
>>
>>26093351
okcupid threads used to be a staple on /r9k/ before the tripfag muses fucked it up
>>
>>26093380
who's a tripfag? Do I need to get trips in order to get a girlfriend from okcupid? I'm the op by the way

also why does the capcha pictures thing always say it's wrong even though i got it right and need to do it two or three times?
>>
>>26093491
literally just wait and someone will hit you up
this has happened to me multiple times

just b urself

you can always message them first though but if they message YOU first you know they mean business
>>
>>26093282
Do you have any other interests besides music?
>>
>>26093651
Yeah, kind of
my cat
painting
making beer (but its gross so I dont tell anyone until it tastes good)
making wine (i sell it to liquor stores in the area to make money since music is not very profitable) my grandpa grows grapes and raspberries so I make them into wine after he taught me how
being depressed
guns/hunting/fishing
mushroom picking but i only do that with my grandpa when he's not feeling ill
chemistry
>>26093568
i feel like only ugly ones will message me
>>
>>26093770
not always the case
>>
>>26093568
OKC will lie though
I have had alerts on my phone go off about "anonette has messaged you"
and then when I go to check, the account doesn't exist
of course, along with the many catfish and advertizing accounts that bug you
>>
I know Tinder is a hookup app, but how do okcupid, POF, eharmony or match.com compare? Does one have a higher success rate or is it all the same no matter what site.
>>
>>26093820
i mean, i guess it's possible, but will she be a fake profile? Are there many of those?
>>
>>26093859
>tinder
college sluts and underage girls looking for drug/alcohol hookups
>OKC
sjw special snowflake "not like the other" girls looking for a prince charming
>POF
single mothers galore, most women are looking for a guy to take care of their baby
>eharmony
paid, so you get what you pay for, better match algorithms than the others, usually older women who did a career and never learned to love, usually frigid and up-front
>match.com
guarantees that if you don't get dates, they will refund your money so it's ok
pretty much the same as eharmony, 25-40 year old women looking either for baby daddies or for some guy to be her husband while she goes to work, usually a lot of older feminists here
>>
>>26093929
>sjw special snowflake "not like the other" girls looking for a prince charming
Not generally true at all.
>>
>>26093929
>drug/alcohol
Redundant
>>
>>26094009
most of the girls i have dealt with on OKC have been one of the following
>fat positive feminist
>wannabe pinup girl
>tumblrsexual who is weird sexuality or gender
>trans
>slightly above average gaymer girl
>"country girl"
>ghetto black woman with kids
>coal burner with 2 kids
>>
>>26094084
I met 3 awesome hippie women on OKcupid
>>
I used OkCupid I was hooking up with a different girl every few weeks for a couple years

Shit was cash
>>
>>26094107
sorry I forgot potsmokers with no aspirations and uses it to bum weed off people
>>
>>26094107
i want that, hippie ladies are the best and i like to do certain things made of paper and a 'hippie' girlfriend would be best bet ever. Do I say "want to indulge in some paper?" to her to get her attention? I don't have any paper but I have a pet cactus who's 4 feet tall and three more who are 3.5 feet tall each.
>>
>>26094009
(different anon)

this has 100% been my experience

they treat it like their blog. it's so obvious that they're too self-involved for anyone around them to listen to them. but they're females, so they still get male attention and feel like their opinions are valid to real people.
>>
>>26094143
>hippie ladies are the best
Yes, someone to take acid, do Yoga and sleep on the beach naked with. It's objectively the best.
>>
>>26094177
dubs comfirm! but I dont like lsd too much but it seems like its the one of choice for the regular hippie types, i like to take ayahuasca and mescaline the best and i love my cacti they're my babies after my cat.
>>
online dating is pretty shit to be completely honest
I've never had any good come from any sites, no responses, no dates, barely any matches
the few ones I get are 18 year olds trying to get me to buy them wine coolers
>>
>>26094392
>i like to take ayahuasca and mescaline the best and i love my cacti they're my babies after my cat.
DMT is awesome and the most potent medicine but too heavy to do frequently, and not inherently not social.
I wish I could try Mescaline some day. Haven't found the right time and place yet. Do you do it alone?
>cat
Best.
>>
Online dating doesn't work.
>>
>>26094481
usually, yes. My younger brother likes to do it too so sometimes I'll let him if he visits for the week.

And I agree about dmt/ayahuasca, but I feel like it applies to any psychedelic substance. DMT plants are hard to come by as well even though they're legal. Once I actually own a place I'll probably grow an acacia confusa or mimosa hostilis tree since where I live is warm/dry enough for them to grow well.

If you live on your own or even with parents (just tell them it's a normal species, they likely won't know), growing a cactus indoors is easy. When I lived in washington I grew one in my room even though it was cold outside most of the time, and it's actually the mother plant for all of the ones I have right now.

Tripping from something you grew/nurtured through it's entire life is much, much more satisfying than from something bought off of a street dealer in my opinion so it's definitely worth doing if you want to try it. The best is that you can cut a little bit off and they grow back :)
>>
>>26094481
>>26094392
>>26094177
>>26094143
>>26094107
why is it that druggies take over every thread on here?
you guys have your own threads to talk about your self-destructive normie hobbies
>>
>>26094609
this is my thread still, i'm op and the cacti guy so I don't understand where you're coming from. If you want to make another okcupid thread you're more than welcom to if it's upsetting you that much.

Just because it's a "normie hobby" doesn't mean that everyone who does drugs is a normie and I feel like it's much less self-destructive than something like alcohol or the like. Ayahuasca, for example, put me in my place the first time I did it and is the only reason I pursued doing music seriously. I'm not "the best" by any means, but it's a way to make a living and was the first step to living my own life. I'm still a hermit for the most part, but I'd still be living in my parents basement if it wasn't for that shattering experience.
>>
>>26094699
>not a normie hobby
>talking about meeting up with different people to smoke
???
I'm fucking sick of you people coming on here, you have your own druggie threads and your own chan, don't fuck up ours
>>
>>26094720
ok, I'm still failing to see your point? Taking a drug that I grow on my own, don't tell anyone about because I only talk to coworkers who are in their 40s, and doing it inside my own place?

Unless you're thinking of marijuana? Nonetheless, no reason to get so salty.

I don't see where this is "your" chan either, don't take ownership of something you didn't create and something that would still exist if you left.
>>
>>26094609
Psychedelics can cure autism and social anxiety so I think they have a place on /r9k/ more than on any other board.
Most Normies usually don't smoke DMT or drink Ayahuasca brew because it can shatter their confident ego.
>>
>>26091588
Sauce on that clip please?
>>
>>26094873
I'm not sure this specific one, but the original is of a news reporter interviewing I think either a baseball or basketball player.
>>
>>26090929
>some weirdo asked her out

That would be a male she wanted to mate with, fuck.

And then there's you...
>>
>>26094882
She was interview IMG bodybuilder Flex Lewis.
>>
>>26090929
>I play the guitar and am a music teacher and music producer (not "ooi I have FL studio, i am music man!" type producer but I have a job at a small recording studio and am assistant head-engineer there so I work a lot) and I paint pictures and like to drink fancy drinks like white russians, smoke marijuana sometimes, and play with my cat who is my only friend.
How many times can you use "and" in the same sentance?
>>
>>26095797
however many times I want, friendo
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.