[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most supreme gentleman alcoholic drink? The kind

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (100KB, 448x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 448x305px
What's the most supreme gentleman alcoholic drink? The kind that guys who unironically wear fedoras and listen to classical music love to drink.
>>
Neat scotch at a party/social gathering, swilling it round and talking about how its aged and how ice ruins it. Scotch is great, ice does make it shit, but being le ebin gentleman and "showing off" with it when you should just be getting drunk for fun is 10/10 autism. A non sperg would realise this, realise it doesn't impress anyone and have a beer.
>>
File: sake.jpg (96KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
sake.jpg
96KB, 752x501px
Sake
>>
>>26045701
This. I would include brandy/cognac, but it's too obscure for most people to be a cliche.
>>
>>26045701
Drinking shit liquor is no fun and drinking beer to get drunk is awful.
>>
>>26045209
an appletini
hold the tini
>>
>>26045209
Water.
I'm a classical pianist and as such a supreme gentleman, and I typically don't drink alcohol. There is nothing more holier-than-thou drink than "No thanks, I don't drink."

Now, on the other hand, if you were to offer me a tab of psychedelics...
>>
Don from Mad Men drinks old fashioneds, personally I'd rather have a mojito
>>
Fedora autists always like to seem classy, so it would probably be some fine aged scotch which they didn't actually enjoy but drank anyway just to feel better about their "taste". Then naturally they would brag about it
>>
>I'll have the rum and coke, please.
>>
>>26045209
Whiskey and Microbrew beers. God damn I hate those pretentious self-styled beer connoisseurs.
>>
>>26045209
A fine bourbon.
>>
>>26046720
>old fashioned
Came in here to say this. Honorable mention: martini.
>>
>>26045209
11 years ago I turned 21 first bottle I bought was Ever Clear, its cheap gets you fucked up, then i can spend more money on food to feed my fat body and soda to energise it,
>>
>>26046803
That seems to pleb to be a fedora drink. Bros and teenage girls drink rum and coke.
>>
>>26046745
I have a theory that men enjoying alcohol is actually a huge conspiracy. None of us actually like it as much as drinking say a coke or dr pepper.

i do it too even though it's stupid

>be me
>nothin like an ice cold beer on a hot day
>secretly thinking that beer tastes like piss
>wants ice cold water instead
>>
What's wrong with listening to classical music? It's beautiful.

Is this part of your game to get us to listen to Illuminati brainwashing pop music?

Because if so, I am NOT down with that.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americano_(cocktail)

how can you call yourself a gentleman if you aren't grippin and sippin james bond's canonically preferred mixed drink??
>>
Gonna have to go with scotch with the sake a close second

What are your favorite homemades?

I like
1 part bourbon
1-2 part OJ
1 part turkey hill green tea
>>
>>26047091
Once you become a regular drinker you learn to enjoy the taste of beer and the burn of harder alcohols to some extent
>>
>>26047091
I like the taste of beer, but Whiskey tastes like some kind of industrial motor cleaning agent. I don't understand how people can drink it and think it's classy.
>>
A white Russian is bretty gud
>>
>>26045209
He orders off the menu, always making the bartender create a drink to-order. He never orders the same thing twice.
>>
>>26045209
>scotch/good bourbon with a rock
>whiskey sour/old fashioned/negroni
>fine red wine
>gin and tonic
>craft beer
>>
It's water. A true fedora doesn't need to dumb himself down and kill brain cells with drugs to have a good time.

I can maybe see scotch since it's for old men, but bourbon has always been redneck as fuck. I'd figure bourbourbon to be the least fedora. Picture your average wild turkey drinker. I drink it and old crow, because that's what my father and grandfather drank.

You know how rednecks like to keep it in the family and all. Mellow Corn is fucking awesome when you want something that mixes like vodka but doesn't suck. It's like makers Mark, still technically a whiskey but very different from a true bourbon like fighting cock or old granddad's. The fact it's $8/bottle only makes it better. Nothing else at that price point compares. Even benchmark 8 is two or three dollars more. Evan Williams 1783 is surprisingly good for its price though. I just don't like the name Evan Williams. It feels gay to be drinking after another man like that. Even knob Creek is less gay than drinking jack or jim.
>>
I get Old Fashions at the bar. It looks and sounds cool when I order it and distinguishes me from other men at the bar so girls take notice.
>>
>>26047091
Southern Comfort tastes pretty good, add dr pepper and ice and it's fucking perfect
>>
Stella Artois
>>
File: 1387784929299.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1387784929299.png
57KB, 600x434px
What is the most robot drink?

I always thought it was cheap whiskey. It's what I've been seeing most robots drink, and it's good for drinking alone. I get some pretty good Canadian whiskey for ten bucks. I just drink it straight from the bottle.
>>
>>26047091
I've only had a few beers that I liked, but scotch is great
>>
>>26046966
Martinis are fucking hilarious because they really help you distinguish the actual classy people from the wannabe executive power-players.

>he orders his martini with vodka instead of gin
>he thinks "shaken, not stirred" is a good thing because he heard James Bond say it
>he dumps vermouth in it to drown the vodka

All of these are signs of a poseur.
>>
>>26048176
boxed wine tbqh
>>
File: taylorswift.jpg (1MB, 1960x2700px) Image search: [Google]
taylorswift.jpg
1MB, 1960x2700px
>>26048085
>the drink I order makes girls think I'm special

I think you mean it makes you think you're special.
>>
>>26047091
Yeah pretty much, if I'm alone (usually am) and not with friends I'll take the coke over the alcohol.
>>
File: fedora22.jpg (27KB, 558x419px) Image search: [Google]
fedora22.jpg
27KB, 558x419px
>>26048199
I tip my fedora to you, sir. You are a true gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>26048176
Absinthe for the artist-robot and cheap whiskey/vodka for the rest.
>>
Rum and coke is the shit desu. I don't care if it's a meme drink, it gets me drunk fast and I can still palate it. Anyone who says alcohol is for normies is not a true robot.
>>
>>26047791
>whiskey sour
>has fruit in it

Nah, it's a "pussy's" cocktail and also probably my favorite
>>
>>26048218
I doubt that's taylor swift considering she is still a pure virgin
>>
>>26048243
Damn fucking skippy. People just can't tell it from looking at me because I'm not an aspie.
>>
>>26048396
Taylor Swift gets fucked by the Chaddest Chads in the world on a daily basis.
>>
>>26047091
I think it is genetic, to me beer has a kind of sharp savory taste and it is quenchingly refreshing
>>
>>26045701

It pisses me off when people turn their nose up at ice in whisky, the ice gradually melts and dilutes the drink which brings subtle flavors forward so you can take your time to have different tastes so it doesn't get stale halfway through
>>
>drinking alcohol

honestly is there a more normie drug?

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>>
>>26045701
My usual drink is a glass full of ice cubes and whiskey poured over top. It's good, fight me even though it isn't really scotch.

>>26046291
I unironically love sake. I've gotten a set as a gift and use it pretty frequently.

>>26046964
There is NOTHING wrong with an actually good bourbon and one piece of ice. In any setting.

I'll cast my vote for red wine. Mr. Rodgers has a couple pictures of him drinking it and seeing as how that's where the term was coined...
>>
>>26045209
1. Redbull and vodka - this is not debatable
2. Whiskey by itself - this only looks cool if you're a chad.
3. Martinis make the list, but again if you're a chad the rules don't apply here.

Hard to imagine you neckbeards at a party. I had to reach way back into all kinds of situations where I saw a weaboo or furfag drinking.
>>
>>26045209
dirty gin martini with extra olives.

scotch neat.
>>
>>26047195
Whiskey has so many flavor profiles and styles that I refuse to believe anyone hates it totally.

I'm American so I was first exposed to nasty, nasty bourbon, when really peated Islay single malts are where it's at.
>>
>>26048651
You're literally being the supreme gentleman
>>
File: fedora_drink.jpg (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fedora_drink.jpg
221KB, 500x500px
Bourbon.
Just from the name sounding ever so slightly fancy you can tell some retard will drink it in order to look sophisticated.
>>
>>26048688
I'm sorry for disagreeing with your tastes anon, I'll be sure not to make that mistake in the future. No need to get offended about it though.
>>
I like everything mentioned here, except the sugar bullshit.
>>
>>26045209
in almost all occasions it would have to be cognac. It's 10x worse sounding ordering a cognac neat over bourbon/whiskey/scotch.
The only way i could see it being all right is if you're some 30+ dude at a nice cigar bar, or in the comforts of your own home.

among normal beers it would have to be a stella. taste like heineken, more expensive but 20 year old dudes get it because of the wrapper covering the top.
>>
Dry gin martini
>>
>>26047091
I don't like the taste of beer, but I unironically love a lot of alcohols.

Meads and ginger wines are really sweet and taste great. Sangria does too.
>>
File: Picture 1832.jpg (184KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1832.jpg
184KB, 1280x960px
>>26048176
cheap whiskey is definitely the most robot drink
>>
>>26048199
Ordered a perfect martini the other day - judge that Mr Poseur
>>
>>26049756
stella is normie as fuck though
>>26049964
>ginger wine
never had this, but since I love ginger I think I would like it. I dislike mead though, way too sweet
>>
>>26050539
>>26050683
>tfw shadowbanned
fucking cowards running this place
>>
File: costly[1].jpg (954KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
costly[1].jpg
954KB, 3264x2448px
>tfw I'm a fedoralord according to /r9k/
>tfw haven't even been drinking because I'm dieting too diligently
>>
Craft beer. FUCK IPA autists
>>
>>26050841
>macallan

mah nigga
>>
>>26050894
it's good, but that Glenfiddich 14 is really solid too, and about $10 less
>>
>>26050796
please go back to /soc/ fagget
>>
>>26050683
they make dry meads too, you know.
>>
File: steel reserve.png (278KB, 592x590px) Image search: [Google]
steel reserve.png
278KB, 592x590px
Steel Reserve

Actually I found I really like Moscow Mules. Love ginger ale and ginger beer and citrus-y beverages.
>>
One alcohol please :^)
>>
>>26050943
I'll see if I can find one. I do enjoy rum, so alcohol made from sweetener can taste good to me
>>26050940
no, you should fuck off to Wizardchan, or wherever else legion faggots go
>>
If you order craft beer you are either a hipster faggot or just an actual homosexual.
>>
>>26049756
stella is literally the most normie drink there is
>>
>>26050991
if you drink beer loaded with preservatives you're a fuckin moron lol
>>
White Russians. I considered making it my 'thing' after I saw The Big Lebowski, luckily I came to my senses and was under age at the time.

Honestly though I don't like any mixers, they either seem like they're for trailer trash or for self important rich people depending on what it is.
>>
>>26050958
I like ginger beer with rum and lime
also coffee with rum and almond milk is nice
>>
>not being alpha enough to go up to the bar and order a Milk with ice and starting conversation with the qt next to you because she is interested in your bold choice of drink
>>
>>26047091
it isn't. partially acquired taste. i really love the taste of some beers now. i like cider a lot too. i mostly enjoy stouts. i had a good christmas ale too. cheap beer sucks ass and there is no reason at all to buy it. liquor is cheaper if you want to get drunk. speaking of liquor, some whiskies can have interesting tastes you pick up, and the burn feels really damn nice. i love the burn and how it lingers on the breath. it feels amazing. i actually feel disgusted when drinking soda because of how sugary it is. like, i feel my arteries clogging or some shit. it is probably psychological but still.
>>
>>26051101
>white russians with vanilla almond milk creamer
just fag my drink up senpai. I don't even care, it's so good.
>>
>>26047791
>gin and tonic
this.
>>
>>26052190
not such a fan of liqueurs myself
and chocolate or spiced almond milk is superior
>>
>>26045209
Johnny Walker.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 540x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 540x493px
Spiced rum. Captain Morgan and Kraken are good neat or mixed with coke.
>>
>>26052238
>spiced almond milk
sounds neat. I haven't seen that.
>>
>>26047791
This right here. Negronis are the fucking best
>>
>>26045209
gin and tonic
>>
>>26045209
Maybe wine if they only order it? I don't fucking know I'm fucking straight edge faggot,
>>
>>26052556
I work for an almond milk company, during the holidays we were making an eggless almond nog, which had dates and pumpkin spice in it. sadly, we won't be making more till November, and have no plans to make any sort of substitute flavor
sometimes I add chai spices to the coffee though, which helps
>>
>>26047133
Whats the matter goy? Don't you want to fit in and listen to the hip, race mixing promoting music?
Now go "suck a nigga dick for a new outfit."
Its not racist, just right!!
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.