[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/, is anyone attending community college? Was wondering,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Hey /r9k/, is anyone attending community college?
Was wondering, does it matter what you study in community college, if you're just gonna go into uni after 2 years, to get your associates.
>>
yes, im already failing. this was my last chance and I blew it already.
>>
i went for a couple years before transferring to a four-year school.
just try and get as much of your core out of the way as possible
>>
>>26027277
While youre there you're mostly going to fill your core classes but you want to study what will lead you into your major at uni. Since everything is so easy, you get time to study up on what you need to know for the field youre going into as well.
>>
>>26027277
Im getting my associates in community college. dont think im going to hit up a bachelors.
>>
>>26027277
>after 2 years
I'm on my third year, it does matter what you get your associates in because it dictates how prepared you'll be for your major, but regardless what you take, you'll probably have taken some gen ed that fills a requirement in your major. All it means if you choose a major unrelated to your CC associates is you'll spend more time (and money) at uni.
>>
>>26027311
as someone hoping to go back to school in the fall

this scares me
>>
>>26027277
well you obviously need your primary courses complete
I'm studying computer animation and i'm taking a series of classes based on that as well as my primary courses. They call it an AA pathway to a major.
>>
who else horrified to take a mandatory speech class?
>>
>>26027402
is it possible to bypass or take a different course if I have been clinically diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?
>>
>>26027402
I was last semester when I had to take it but it was a lot easier than I expected. From what I'm told and saw, most people drop after the first week because theyre terrified and the rest aren't listening to your speech anyway.
>>
How do you guys deal with CC? It's really depressing.
>>
>>26027420
no

how do you expect to get a job after college if you cant talk to ppl
>>
>>26027506
I can talk to people fine but i cant give eye contact to a mass of people and be the center of attention to a bunch of strangers my age
>>
>>26027402
I'm taking one too bro, luckily there's other spergs in my class. I skipped the second day tho
>>
>>26027549
How is it? Is there a lot of people? How does it work out?
>>
nah. you can go majorless and then just transfer your gen eds if thats what you're asking.
>>
File: man-wearing-earphone-275px.jpg (12KB, 275x182px) Image search: [Google]
man-wearing-earphone-275px.jpg
12KB, 275x182px
>>26027502
pic related is how I get through my day.
>>
>>26027541
>but i cant give eye contact to a mass of people

well then you're doing it wrong because literally the first thing they teach you in speech class is that you don't look the audience in the eye, you stare at the back of the room.

no eye contact has to be made
>>
>>26027502
Unifag here who started at a CC

CC was chill as fuck. It was cheaper to attend.a lot smaller classes, parking was a lot easier and the coursework is less time consuming.

I also met some pretty chill down to earth people there. I kinda want to go back.
>>
>>26027502
what is cc?
>>
>>26027402
it wasn't that bad f a m,

Just take a course over the summer, you generally get assigned fewer speeches.
>>
>>26027562
There's a lot of normie girls but a fair amount of spergs too. In mine we have to talk to each other about ourselves (one on one) and give speeches. It's not too bad, try to have some humility and ignore the stacies. It's a learning process, and remember, no one likes to speak aloud, not even those dumb stacies. They're just as vulnerable as you are, and you're only vulnerable if you let yourself be.
>>
>>26027667
community college

bloxxxxx
>>
>>26027667
Community college, m8
>>
>>26027695
thanks anon thats actually pretty comforting
>>
>be me
>want to study to become an astronaut
>can't really afford uni so I have to go to comm college first and then uni
>mom tells me I should study something I love
>choose graphic design
>she gets upset and tells me I should've picked something I loved
>tell her becoming an astronaut will never be a thing for me, due to the current economy in the U.S.

will I pay the consequences? or did I do the right thing?
>>
If you're going to save money, yes you should pick classes that will transfer towards your major's core and ge classes at each university you'd like to attend.

Pick 4 years you want to attend. Find transfer requirements in general. Also check if there are transfer agreements with your CC. Find classes necessary to graduate in your major at each 4 year. Use assist dot org to find out which classes your CC offers that are compatible/transferable for your majors's core or general education classes.

Also look for any internships or coops at any place/company with internship possibly related to your major. Goal is to have at least one decent related one before you enter last year. Goal in last year is to find full time position when you graduate. Google how to resume/interview.

During semester read lecture material once before class and make questions and ask during class. Then read samematerial again after. Make important conceptual notes. Do this in the span of at least 2 days. Once a week review notes. Go to office hours or make appointments for any additional related questions. Sit in front of class. Pay attention.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.