[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 17

What happens after you die? Do you believe in an afterlife? Does death scare you at all? Discuss.
>>
>>26000655

Its like sleeping, but not dreaming forever.
>>
There's nothing in the afterlife besides void or phantom zone.
>>
>>26000789
The fuck are they?
>>
File: 1441139159832.jpg (9KB, 219x250px) Image search: [Google]
1441139159832.jpg
9KB, 219x250px
You join the free spectator mode.
Without mike spamming russians.
>>
Guessing it feels the same way it did before I was born
>>
>>26000655
>Does death scare you at all?

No, it's what comes after death that scares me
>>
>>26000655
thats real fucking nito
>>
>>26000772
>>26000789
This is what I believe and it really scares me sometimes. I'd rather end up in hell than be nothing. Permanently losing all consciousness horrifies me
>>
>>26000855
>I'd rather end up in hell than be nothing.

i'm pretty sure you wouldn't
>>
You go where your consciousness wanted to go, when still "alive". Choose carefully, create your own paradise.
>>
>>26000879
I fear the same.
I often dream about my death, where i am floating in an eternal void. It's creepy
>>
>>26000892
Afterlife for every person is different?
>>
File: 1443116354635.png (1MB, 1122x700px) Image search: [Google]
1443116354635.png
1MB, 1122x700px
>>26000855
Yes bro ;-;

Sometimes I just stare at the sky, trees and clouds and just get really sad about how someday I'll die and never see this again.
>>
>>26000655

I once spent 3 days at the hospital unconscious.

If death is anything like that, I'm not scared. I am still terrified of dying however.
>>
>>26000927
i'll take creepy over eternal agony and burning
>>
>>26000942
Did you dream at all?
>>
I DON'T WANT TO DIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26000958
For me, hell would be more like greek mythologie.
>>
>>26000930
Yes. But it can be identical for some, of course. People tend to like the same things. Hence popular images of paradise, promoted by some bigger religions.
>>
>>26000958
I can respect that. I guess I'd still like the ability to think about shit. Even if I'm just thinking about how much pain I'm in. When you become nothing, you can't even consider your life or wonder about the future of humans. And the worse part is that there is no escaping it. Death is looming at the end of the tunnel for everyone
>>
>>26000816
I mean that after life is either void or phantom zone where you spend all eternity with your conscousness.
>>
File: 1449163442051.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449163442051.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>26001068
I would prefer this to losing all consciousness but it isn't possible.
>>
File: 1453100233207.jpg (32KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1453100233207.jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>all these religions
>pick the wrong one
>spend eternity in a pit of fire
>>
>>26000655
yea it scare me a lot ..... i have fear to death and since my uncle died ( 2010) i feel that i've been chased by a train... idk
thats why i wanna finish everything quick.... my carrer.. my life goals... etc
also its weird but ( where i live its summer. over 27c) yesterday it was raining.... and since 2003 on my country, no rain in January.. and yesterday was raining... the funny thing is that 2003 was the death of my grandpa on dec 31 at 23:20 at night
the death of his parent
and the death of grandma's mother.
soooo im praying to the gods that nothing bad happens this year...
i'm in loosing weight process and eating healthy
quit soda and alcohol
>>
File: Vorenus.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Vorenus.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>26000655
>Do you believe in an afterlife?
Of course
>>
File: 0000279489_500.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0000279489_500.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
Warm shared oblivion.
>>
>>26000655
Depends, OP.

Tl;Dr - you either reincarnate or go on and hustle/exist in the spirit world.

Long version: Basically, you are incarnated right now. You are currently here, because at some point in the past you in your spirit-form decided you want to incarnate for reasons that you had. Maybe you need to learn something, or do something. Or maybe you just want to experience human reality. Most likely, you also made yourself some goals before incarnation, the things that you want to experience (sometimes its painful experiences for the sake of learning) etc. Then, you projected a part of your consciousness on this earth,

Your spirit-self however continues to exist on the spirit realm as well. Its tied to you, it IS you, but at the same time its to some extent independent. And it holds pretty much your life plans in its hands, and yes you can contact it through practice (google higher-self)

After you die, you just return to the spirit realm, but with all the experiences and lessons that you learned on earth. Its like a bootcamp basically. And then you either go for another round, or you go on and hustle on the spirit realm
>>
File: danse macabre.jpg (2MB, 8072x632px) Image search: [Google]
danse macabre.jpg
2MB, 8072x632px
>>26000655
You're dead
No
No

I'm a little worried by eternal recurrence, but even if it is the case, I wouldn't remember this life anyway.
>>
Reincarnation, rebirth into a new life determined by how you lived your previous/current life.
>>
>>26001411
This is really interesting. For some reason I find these views on death really cool. I wouldn't mind being reincarnated, but It'd be nice if spirit me could send some kind of sign that it's all going to be okay. It'd help me sleep at night
>>
>>26000655
No way to know for sure.
Yes.
No.

>>26001068
This sounds really comfy but if I lost all my senses I'd definitely lose my mind after a while.
>>
>>26001700
If that happened you would likely go into a dream-like state, your mind creating a reality for you with all the senses that you knew irl.
>>
File: inquiry.jpg (166KB, 1273x716px) Image search: [Google]
inquiry.jpg
166KB, 1273x716px
Question for those who believe in an afterlife.

What makes you believe in an afterlife?
>>
>>26001794
It helps me sleep at night.
Pretty much the same reason that people believe in religion, although they'll never admit it.
>>
>>26001794
For me its faith mostly. No one can prove what happens after death so why not believe in something that is just as plausible as all the other theories? At least with the belief of reincarnation it tells you how to live a happy life if you follow its guide.
>>
>>26000927
>where i am floating in an eternal void

Except your not floating, space no longer exists.
Think about that.
>>
>>26001558
>but It'd be nice if spirit me could send some kind of sign that it's all going to be okay. It'd help me sleep at night
Well, you can try and contact him/you. Its kinda really hard to imagine, because at the one hand this guy holds all your life plans in his hands which can feel weird, but on the other hand, it IS you.

You still have free will. For example, you can go against your own plans without knowing it, and then your higher self will try to push you back on the right track.

But it does not control you. You can still suicide for example, which is the worst thing you could ever do. Not only because you fuck it all up, but also because you put yourself into huge torment for a certain amount of time on the spirit realm. Thats like the single worst thing one could do
>>
>>26002049
>wanting to reincarnate

Why? I'd rather only suffer life the one time, thanks. When I'm dead, I want to be happy, not thrust back into this world.
>>
>>26002049

>No one can prove what happens after death

Yes they can. All bodily functions stop, including brain activity. No brain activity means you cease to be, since your brain makes up everything you are.

I'm open to any proof you have to show otherwise.
>>
>>26002049
Okay, do other animals have an afterlife? What about AI if we ever made them?
>>
>>26002141
Maybe the soul lives on or some shit, or maybe your dying moments last an eternity in your mind and that's when you dream. I don't know why miserable people try so hard to make others miserable. I don't believe in God but I'm not going to go to a church and call them all idiots.

There's always an INTJ to ruin every spiritual discussion.
>>
does free will exist?

is the universe fundamentally probabilistic or deterministic?

is molecular reincarnation real?
>>
>>26002141
I agree with what you are saying. But a counter argument that people would bring up is the existence of a soul. The soul is on the supernatural side of things and would open up all kinds of possibilities for things to occur after death. Of course, none of it could ever be proven even if it did exist which is why many people, including myself, don't believe in it.
>>
>>26002240
No
Deterministic
In the sense that the atoms that made you up don't just disappear when you die, yes.
>>
>>26002230
animals return to something called a "group soul".
>>
>>26002240
Let me put it that way: The concept that we understand as fate does exist, but its possible to go against it. It just tends to end badly.
>>
There's no reason to be afraid of it really. It's inevitable, and you have no clue what it will be like, so you might as well accept it and live your life accordingly.
>>
>>26001794
I have faith in Jesus and am a Christian.
However, sometimes I think about other potential afterlives as a thought experiment.

Would loss of consciousness/existence bother me? I don't think so. I'd rather stop existing than live under the weight of my own guilt, I think.

The 'shared consciousness' sort of afterlife does sound pretty comfy, but for the same reasons the christian one does - a unity of shameless purpose. It would be really annoying if a shared consciousness were like modern life except everyone is telepathic
>>
File: godlike.png (180KB, 602x494px) Image search: [Google]
godlike.png
180KB, 602x494px
>>26002298
i've come to the same conclusions and it's killing me. i have never been this depressed before.
>>
>>26002335
easier said than done. being afraid of it is still very real.

so I really fucking don't like fedoras who try to rationalize a sensation like that. I wish they'd just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>26002230
I think only things made by God can have a soul/spirit. I don't think man made simulated intelligence can have a soul.
>>26002124
Live a good life and you would not have suffered at all. There was a great quote from Nietzsche who said:
>What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'
>>
>>26002240
yes
irrelevant
?
>>
>>26000825
where do russians go?
>>
there is no death
you are just the memories of god repeating forever
i have said this many times
>>
I believe in the Orthodox conception of the afterlife.

The thought of dying is quite scare, and it was much scarier when I was an atheist desu. I think I would rather suffer than not exist, because experiencing at least means that one can think and thus, hopefully, be purified of sin.
>>
>>26002416
>Live a good life

What the fuck am I reading? Is there some switch I can flick to make the world a better place? I try to be a good person but that doesn't change what the world is like or what other people are like. Anybody who isn't a moron knows that life is only good for a minority (the rich) and the rest suffer.
>>
>>26002371
Unfortunately there's nothing I can really say to help with that. Try not to think about it so much is really the only advice that exists.
>>
>>26000655
No one truly knows, anyone that tells you otherwise is full of shit.
blox
>>
>>26002233
>I don't know why miserable people try so hard to make others miserable

Why would somebody be miserable just because they don't believe in something that has no substantial proof to its existence?

The sunrise is still nice to see.
Flowers still smell great.
Pretty girls give me a boner.
My favorite foods are wonderful.

None of these things lose any value when there is no after life. If anything, they gain value.
>>
>>26002481
>living a good life
it means live life virtuously.

Don't be greedy thinking that money is the only thing that matters
Don't let lust control you by putting pussy on a pedestal
Don't live like a sloth and be lazy
Don't wrath and be quick to hate or anger
Don't be envious and compare yourself to others and get jealous
Don't let pride blind you, I'm right you're wrong, I know everything
Don't fall for the consumerism meme of gluttony

Be virtuous as in wise (wisdom), courageous, disciplined and stand for justice. Have compassion for others and don't live selfishly.

if everyone was like this imagine how great the world would be, but you can only start with the man in the mirror.
>>
>>26000855
Yeah this is a very normal feeling, especially for people in their teens and early 20s.

Interestingly enough, I grew up Christian and had a deep dread of the concept of eternity since I was about 7, even if it was an eternity in Heaven. I wasn't depressed or anything, but I just could not conceive of any possible way that you could exist FOREVER and not go completely insane with torment eventually; it seemed completely antithetical to the human experience, which is rooted in the finite. I was actually envious of the atheist version of reality, where you just live for a while and then die and that's that, everything wrapped up neatly. Immediately after I became an atheist myself, I started being kept up at night worrying about being erased from existence. Grass is always greener, I guess.

The most comforting thing I can say is this: yes, you're scared of the idea of your consciousness disappearing, but it isn't an inherently scary idea. You've just been raised into a culture that didn't help you adjust to this very value-neutral concept. For me, acknowledging this has been really encouraging, and it's my long-term goal to not ignore death or fear it, but un-learn my fear of it and accept it as a normal, healthy, maybe even preferable fate. Like, I'm gonna stop existing one day. Alright, sounds good. It's been nice borrowing atoms from the universe, I owe them back when I'm done with them.

Anyway, it's a better fate than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyJlZjp-O9c
>>
it sucks that we can't know. If I could somehow know that it would just be like sleeping without dreams, I would most likely kill myself because that sounds a lot better than this shit.
>>
>>26000655
You'll finally live happily with your waifu
>>
>>26001411
So you just kinda believe in whatever neat idea occurs to you, huh?
>>
>>26000892
This is the most retarded thing I've read in this thread.
>>
I believe there is no afterlife. Feels weird. Ever since I adopted that belief, I've felt a very strange sense of apathy towards existence.
>>
>>26000655
It's the same as it was for the trillions of years before you were born. That picture is pretty nito imo.
>>
When you die your brain resets your consciousness to the beginning. The first time you lived, just at the moment you were about to die, your consciousness was sent back to relive all life as one vivid memory, meaning that there is no free will, and you are simply going along your predetermined route. There is no concept of time in this and it goes on for eternity. My friend explained there is some scientific proof to support this theory
>>
File: 1384395008331.jpg (104KB, 639x999px) Image search: [Google]
1384395008331.jpg
104KB, 639x999px
>>26000655
>What happens after you die?
That implies there is something happening right now.
>Do you believe in an afterlife?
One must utilize the ego to answer this question.
It's nothing but a matter of perspective. If you are at all times experiencing conventional reality as interconnected at all times you cannot pinpoint where you end and another being begins so you are able to establish equanimity. You treat everyone and everything as if they were as precious as yourself. Place a drop of water into the ocean and tell me its possible to retrieve what you just let go of. All is one, one is all.

In short, death is as much of an illusion as your ego. Let it go and decipher deaths's meaning as part of the great enlightenment.
>>
>>26003349
Do you ever have a fart building up, and then you sneeze and the fart comes ripping out of your ass at the same time and it really hurts?
>>
File: merrily merrily.jpg (44KB, 364x561px) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily.jpg
44KB, 364x561px
This is an interesting look at the idea
>>
>>26002233
I always pop up as intj in that scale and i accept a spiritual/metaphysical reality. Make of that what you want.
>>
>>26000973

Imagine being at the bottom of a deep pool with your eyes closed. You can breathe, you can't hear or speak, you cant even think, but you can still feel time pass, but It only felt like an hour for me.

Coming back to consciousness felt like returning to the surface. It was an interesting feeling.
>>
>>26000655
I'm hoping it's just a stark abyss of unconscious nothingness. That sounds kinda nice. I'm just hoping there's no hell. Eternal torture sounds shitty.
>>
>>26000655
its just like those 14 billion other years that happened before you before, you remember those right?
>>
Nothing happens after death. Your conciousness is the result of a living brain. Impair your brain's function via injury, disease or substance abuse and it'll affect your conciousness.

When you die your brain also dies, which in turn ends conciousness.

The closest I could describe death is it will probably be like going under general anaesthesia. You have no concious thought, no dreams or perception of time or the outside world. The only difference is that you never wake up.
>>
>>26000655

No.

It's out of my control, like my birth was.
>>
Who /quantum existence/ here?
>>
I don't believe in an afterlife, but I don't fear death either. For those left behind it's a sad occasion, but for the deceased it means rest.
>>
>>26003623
Don't worry, the odds of that seem pretty slim. Why would an omniscient god be so myopically focused on your actions during an infinitesimally small period of time that he'd decide your unchanging fate for the rest of eternity based on them?
>>
Afterlife, oh my God, what an awful word.
>>
File: death.jpg (57KB, 455x320px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
57KB, 455x320px
I had a near-death-experience once. I was drowning in this lake, and I had just given up trying to swim, I was gonna let the water take me and die right there.

I felt this intense warmth come over my entire body. I saw these beautiful rays of color. I felt comforted, like death wasn't so bad after all. I had done all I could, but death comes for everyone, great or small. It felt like I was fading away, into some other place very far away.

Then someone else swimming in the water pulled me out and dragged me to the shore right before the water started getting in my lungs. I think a lot about it.

I've also done various dissociatives, and had experiences with them where I was sure I was dying. I've read that dissociatives mimic the brain response to trauma, so near-death-experiences and dissociative trips are one and the same. This one MXP trip took me through hell. I saw all these demons torturing people in different ways. It was very frightening to me, and I felt like this is where I was going to go when I died. I don't believe in hell anymore, but I really did for a few days after that trip.
>>
>>26004068
Yeah. I feel like even with an infinitely good god, the only right thing it could do is put us all in some kind of permanently blissful heaven-like state, or else just end or consciousness entirely
>>
>>26000655
A wizard is a timeless being, weakened not by such concepts casted upon mere mortals.
>>
>>26004103
After all the breath
and the dirt
and the fires are burnt...
>>
>>26001411
>>26002123
Listen to this one.
>>
>>26004103
It doesn't even make logical sense, it's like a stoner trying to tell me "DUDE you like don't HAVE to breathe man to get oxygen you can like use your mind dude"
I blame video games and fiction.
>>
>>26004137
Why? Because he made up some goofy shit that sounds good to him?
>>
>>26003926

Grasping at straws.

There's probably nothing after death. But still I can't be sure. I don't believe in god or something, but sometimes I think it's pretty amazing that the world was created one way or another. I mean it all is a pretty amazing coincidence... we were born on earth where we can live. Like what were the odds of this all being created the way it did?
>>
>>26004129
And after all this time, and after all the ambulances go
>>
>suffer in life
>die, go to hell, suffer eternally

why do people find Christianity comforting? so much silly shit could get you fucked forever.
>>
>>26004180
Christianity was not "made" to comfort people, but to save people.
>>
File: 1450410555221.jpg (22KB, 484x490px) Image search: [Google]
1450410555221.jpg
22KB, 484x490px
>be half hispanic, half white
>left in shit-hole south american country
>dad stayed in the U.S.
>mom brought me up until 8 years old
>8 years is all she needed to fuck me up for the rest of my life
>hispanic culture always talks about death
>"I want to die for you" "I rather die than be alone" "I want to die" in every single one of their songs
>didn't help that every single day you'd hear of a violent shooting or some shit
>I always asked her to put nice music on
>would give her my disney songs cd and she'd never put it on
>when I moved to the U.S. my grandpa died
>I began to fear death more
>stayed up at night thinking about what if everyone just disappeared
>began to imagine myself just jumping off a roof
>tell me about this kind of shit
>she just laughs at me and tells me I'm silly
>eventually become more fucked up
>started wanting to kill people around me and shit
>was only 10 years old
>skip to when I was 14
>developed a habit in which whenever I thought of death in which I'd start fucking running around
>realized later on in life how fucking stupid that was. I was trying to run from death
>now a days, the thought of death still is a noticeable part of my everyday life
>i'll never get over it
>main reason why I even think of this shit is because I'm alone in this world

My parent's deaths are the ones I only really care about, even if I dislike my mom
>>
>>26004167
>Like what were the odds of this all being created the way it did?

Isn't this just the anthropic bias, though? Like, we think this because we think we are special beings. But if the universe might as well have been different, have another set of creatures living in our place and thinking they're special.

We don't have any other universes to compare to
>>
>>26004204

No, it was made to control people. Like all religions.
>>
>>26000655
I don't care if heaven is real or I'm trapped in a dream. All I know is I'll be there with her
>>
>>26004204
it was made to socially control, but also to comfort existential fears I think.
>>
>>26000855
Hell simply manifests into whatever would cause you the most suffering. If Hell exists, your experience of it would probably be equivalent to a void.
>>
>>26004167
100%, if you believe in either determinism or infinite universes. Still, yeah, it's amazing. A bunch of energy called "the universe" exploded out of nowhere, some of it slowed down and distilled into a fine mist of matter, which swirled around into various configurations for billions of years, and then some tiny quantities of that matter just so happened to swirl together into a configuration that allowed that tiny bit of the universe to reflect upon itself for a brief moment, before swirling apart again.
>>
>>26004234
>>26004252
You are under control. Christianity teaches the opposite of social control.
>>
I couldn't take a guess at an afterlife which is why I'm an Agnostic.

I sure hope there is just nothingness though, the thought of being conscious for eternity is fucking petrifying.
>>
>>26004254
the existence of hell would probably be the most cosmically dickish and cruel thing any omnipotent being could inflict on comparatively microscopic creatures

I still don't understand how people could honestly think it's fair trade for anything
>>
>>26004310
Saying that, reincarnation wouldn't be so bad
>>
>>26004180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTyy9vfJdWQ
>>
>>26004348
I'm not entirely sure why, but watching Louie actually helped me cope a little with my fear of death. I guess it's because he turns growing old into a jokes, so it becomes less threatening.
>>
>>26003315
Can you try to show us this evidence? Not trying to insult I just really want to know.
>>
I'm not afraid of death. I was drawn to aspects of reincarnation as a child even though I was raised in a christian household. At this point I don't believe in anything specifically but I completely accept it's inevitability and therefore do not fear it.
>>
>>26004408
Yeah man. It's like I said in >>26002664, there's nothing inherently bad about being erased from existence. So it's great to find things that help you forget the fear of oblivion you've learned all your life.
>>
What happens when you die?

What happens to the wave after it crashes against the beach? The ocean is still there.

What happens to a mote of the cosmic consciousness after the body it has grown with has died? The cosmic mind is still there, the sum of your life experiences endure in eternity.
>>
>>26003315
Wait, would you be aware it was repeating, or would it play over with you thinking the exact same things and thinking you have free will?
>>
>>26004477
I like that one quote from Wittgenstein that went along the lines of, "In a sense you are never going to die, because you won't experience non-existence." or something like that.
>>
>>26004479
>the sum of your life experiences endure in eternity.

scary thought

everyone's going to remember how I shit my pants in 2nd grade forever
>>
>>26004544
I like that.

[AND SO DOES THE ROBOT.]
>>
File: 1443466178448.png (482KB, 735x864px) Image search: [Google]
1443466178448.png
482KB, 735x864px
>>26004310
An eternity of nothingness is the ideal, in my mind. Being forced into consciousness at every single moment is exhausting.

Why can't I just sleep? No-because when I am swept off my feet into unconsciousness I do not perceive the passing of time exactly because I am unconscious.

I cannot "sleep" because to do so would be to not experience consciousness. When I die, however, I really do hope that I get to TRULY sleep, and sleep for all of eternity. No hunger, no orgasms, no dreams, no pain, no dentist appointments, no light, no random thoughts-just unadulterated nothingness.

But this is too optimistic, I'm afraid. In reality, you will "wake up" when you die.

The simple proof for that is this: you're alive right now and you never experienced the "death" that occurred before you were born. Therefore, you are just birthed again because you are literally the universe experiencing itself.

Nope, for all your ego cares the universal timeline started when you came into the universe. This is an illusion in positively every sense of the term. The idea that you are you is an illusion and a joke. You aren't the voice in your head. Your "soul" or "spiritual consciousness" didn't wait in line for trillions of years to be expressly born on this planet, as a human being, in this sliver of time. You are not the little man looking out from behind your eyes.

I plan on killing myself.
>>
>>26004570
Almost made me choke on my soda, asshole.
>>
>>26004544
That's like that short story "the death of ivan ilyich"
He stopped being afraid of death, and therefore it didn't exist or something like that.
>>
>>26004583
Have to complement you on that Sua Sponte Pepe.
>>
>>26004583
I've thought out my ideal existence, and it goes like this:

>sleep through the entire lifespan of the universe
>wake up at the very end to witness the last lights fade out
>pee, eat some cereal, check the internet to see what I missed
>go back to sleep
>universe starts over
>>
>>26004617
It's a [Normal Rare] pepe I found in a booster pack last weekend.
>>
>>26000655

A part of me is afraid it's more horrible than I could imagine. What if when we die, we go to the "real" world where we have to serve monstrous beasts and they torture us every day? What if at the end of it all, there is nothing but pain and suffering? Like the beasts have a city lined with human bodies, still alive and conscious, some screaming
>>
>>26004651
Don't worry anon, Detroit is probably hundreds of miles away from you, if not thousands.
>>
>>26004595
I mean, DYING will still exist, having your organs shut down or your mind rot from a debilitating disease would probably be extremely unpleasant. Much more worth dreading, imo.
>>
>>26004651
You can't, though.

It's like asking a man with no legs to run a mile with his legs. He just flat out doesn't have the wherewithal to do so.

When you die, you will not have the wherewithal to experience the hell you described. How will you see these beasts? With your deflated eyeballs attached to your oxygen-deprived brain? How will you feel pain? With your nerves that are attached to your spinal cord that is no longer serving as a highway of electrical signals because your brain is OFF?

It's actually impossible. Literally impossible. Like, it can't happen. Like, it's about as likely as me growing a 100 foot dick right now and cumming so much it drowns everyone on the planet.
>>
>>26004651
Well, it's no more likely than all of us turning into unicorns and having one cosmic-sized gay orgy. So I'd say you shouldn't worry
>>
If by some miracle heaven did exist, and it was tailor made to suit you, would what your heaven look like?

I know it's a silly fantasy but it's nice to imagine sometimes.
>>
QUICK, how do we fix the telomere problem? How do we stop these little shits from getting shorter and shorter until it can't copy itself, causing the deterioration of the body and afterwards death? Please, I'm so scared.
>>
>>26004783
What if we have cosmic eyes and arms legs and fingers? Like in our spirit form or some shit.
>>
>>26004842
infinite life would be far more horrifying than anything you could imagine, anon.

if we did find a way of fixing our telomeres however, I think suicide would become widely acceptable
>>
>>26004822
That's an interesting question. I wonder, what would happen if your heaven included a person who would not include you in their heaven. Would you be getting a fake copy of that person? Or would they be stuck with you even if they did not want you in their heaven?
>>
belief's pretty immaterial
it's probably black forever but ~who knows~
not really a useful thing to spend time jerking yourself off thinking about, or worrying about
and i'm a guy who fucking loves to sit around and worry

>>26001172
happy for you anon
i hope things are good and get even better
>>
>>26004822
Probably just an eternity of contentment, a transcendental oneness with the universe.
>>
>>26004931
I would say fake copy, no reason all of our heavens should overlap.
>>
File: 1451156247492.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1451156247492.png
563KB, 861x990px
No one will ever know, so arguing is futile. You should feel comfort knowing we'll all share the same fate, sooner or later. It's best just to go with the flow and enjoy whatever life you got now.
>>
>>26001794

There's nothing that would cause me to believe that my consciousness can permanently cease to exist. The idea of never experiencing anything again after death is completely illogical in my mind, and if it were true I don't think we would experience anything at all in the first place.
>>
No

What scares me is the way how i died

Which makes me want to take suicide asap
>>
File: 1434983139008.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434983139008.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>26004877
Why do you think "you" are some sort of persistent being? Spirit forms are ridiculous and have no basis whatsoever.

What, do you think you will assume a sort of ethereal, celestial body when your "physical body" dies? What separates the physical from the spiritual in the first place?

It's just silly human-invented hoodoo voodoo talk. Why don't animals have spirit forms then? Why only humans?

Why do humans get to be special? Because we just so happened to evolve to have the brain power to reflect upon ourselves? It's like elevating sloths for the arbitrary reason that they seem to give the least amount of fucks of all organisms on Earth.

You're just a life form, because you can't NOT be a life form. There is no alternative to life-and that's exactly why you're reading my post right now. You will experience an eternity of "nows" because if you don't experience "now" then you don't experience anything. And if you don't experience anything then you immediately skip to "now" because you can't experience inexperience-PRECISELY like you were born. You just "skipped" into existence.The fucking clincher here is there was no "skip". It just feels like there was because you're playing a role right now, the role of an anthropomorphic being. The truth is, you've been here all along because this IS YOU and this is all there is.

There is no tether to the spirit realm or whatever fiction would have you believe. It's just shit spewed from the human brain.
>>
ITT: People who are afraid to die and have to invent comforting stories to protect themselves.
>>
>>26005032
That seems a bit odd, but okay

Religious?
>>
I always saw it as being like before I was born. I have no real conception of existing before then. Hell, I feel like for the first 1-2 years of my life it was almost the same, I don't remember it at all.
>>
>>26005131
If it gives them comfort, what's the harm? None of our speculation matters, it's just a way of killing time.
>>
>>26005131

I feel comfort knowing that you'll inevitably die
>>
>>26005213
As someone who's held different opinions on the afterlife, it matters because it affects how you live here and now.
>>
>>26002323
The level of faggot is exceeding critical max

>>>/spiritscience/
>>
>>26003315
Would this be a reason deja vu is a thing? Like since you've already seen whatever certain event countless times you have deja vu when you see again and think to yourself huh I've seen that somewhere?
>>
>>26005032
>if it were true I don't think we would experience anything at all in the first place
Hit the nail on the head.

You cannot die. It's too late to die-"existence" happened. "It" (whatever "it" is. Look around you, that is "it". The universe. The divine body, etc) happened and that's that.

Even if existence were to stop, if the universe died out because of entropy-absolute zero-then it's just a waiting game for it all to start back up again. Because if it happened once it will happen again.

Here's the thing though: just like you never had to twiddle your thumbs and sniff your ball sack the innumerable number of eons it took for existence to "start" (assuming time existed before existence or "it"), the span of time between the complete entropification of the universe and the development of complex organisms capable of reflective thought (i.e., human beings) will pass in ZERO time. Not even the blink of an eye.
>>
>>26001794
if i didn't believe in an after life i would probably shoot up a school and then kill myself
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.