[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chad in my third year of a physics degree here. Why are there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1451040280243.jpg (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451040280243.jpg
2MB, 1200x1200px
Chad in my third year of a physics degree here.

Why are there so many ugly people in my courses? I hate having to look at them.

Not even bait why the fuck are the sciences filled to the brim with ugly people?
>>
When you spend 16 hours a day on schoolwork, you don't have time to maintain a wavy hairstyle, continually buy the trendiest new electronics or bleach your asshole.
What you do have time for, however, is to not eat. Which leaves me wondering why so many science and engineering professors are so fat.
>>
>>25965591
That isn't the reason at all. STEM people are just genetically unattractive - they have ugly faces and ugly bodies.

>>25965483
It's a few things. It's difficult and dry; most people who just want money and are willing to tolerate difficult and dry studies can just go into business and get similar money. Most people would rather study something easier and use networking to get a job (le stem meme really is just that - you can get a job with anything if you network competently) and/or study something that stimulates their sense for empathy and the human condition (the humanities and social sciences just talk to most people's experience of being alive much more directly and concretely than STEM). All of this means it selects for people people who are nerds with poor social skills, who are less likely to be attractive because being attractive makes it less likely that you'll be asocial.
>>
Because only inferior people fall for the STEM meme. Ever wonder why they talk shit about advanced topics they can't understand (Art, Philosophy, ect.)
>>
Ugly people can't use their looks to get ahead in life
>>
Where are you studying? I did my physics degree and the people were average to good looking.
>>
>first week of classes
>look around the room and I'm one of the most attractive guys in the class
Feels good being a Chad
>>
>>25965483
what college you go to OP?

>tfw everyone here who is also studying physics is super attractive

I made eye contact with a qt guy who looked like he could have been a robot but it went nowhere
>>
>>25965483
I'm am ugly math major. I like math because if your proof is right then you're right. Whether people like looking at you doesn't matter.
>>
>>25965591
you shouldn't be spending 16 hours a day on schoolwork if you're actually good at what you study lol
>>
>>25966044
How do I get better at writing proofs. I'm only good at mechanical shit, like calc
>>
>>25966073
I used to spend eight hours a day. I think I sucked
>>
They don't get a free ride for being attractive and have to develop a skill that provides value in order to get by.
>>
>>25966073
spotted the arts student
>>
>>25966112
in more math-based STEM fields you can't just brute-force the material, you have to put your effort into understanding it. I never spend time memorizing formulae or whatever I just make sure I can derive it on my own during the exam if I need to

this isn't biology where if you spend enough time at it you'll graduate with a shiny science degree. you need to actually be intelligent

>>25966120
how dare you I'm in physics
>>
>>25965483
Where else are they going to go? The sciences are one place where ability matters more than appearances or social skills.
>>
>>25966197
>he doesn't know that social skills are incredibly important for succeeding in academia
>>
>>25965483
P Lease consider killing yourself.

Original desu comment.
>>
I'm majoring in Construction management, and it's a mixed bag desu. Lots of attractive and unattractive people. Many engineering students are ugly as fuck unfortunately
>>
>>25965483
We're trying to compensate for our lack of attractiveness with the hope of a better salary in order to attract better mates.
>>
>>25968642
Failed normies absolutely disgust me
>>
cs/maths student here

all the physics kids in my uni are reddit-y and love black science man and watch shit like markiplier on youtube and unironically enjoy ted talks or the joe rogan podcast
>>
>>25965483
because ugly people know they'll have to actually work hard and earn an education to be successful
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.