[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /avoidant personality/ here? how do you deal with it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (458KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
458KB, 570x450px
who /avoidant personality/ here?

how do you deal with it?
>>
Deal with what? I avoid others because I like being alone. The only thing I have to deal with is getting up and moving when people sit near me.
>>
I avoid face to face interaction.

Neet lifestyle my friend.
>>
>>25963795
I can't deal with it at all
The frustration from missing my life is killing me
>>
>>25963811
you don't have a desire to be normal?
>>
>>25963850
Sure. Everyone wants to feel normal and to fit in but it's not a very realistic desire. You can't change who you are.

I'd much rather be rich than normal.
>>
File: 1453561184457.png (205KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
1453561184457.png
205KB, 517x517px
Yeah. I get my parents to help me do stuff.

Anyone else find real-life interactions easier than online and phone ones?
>>
>>25963872
I don't like either of them, but yes actually. In real life I can pick up on body clues and facial cues and people can tell I'm kind of neurotic so they carry the conversation.

I can't make online friends, and talking on the phone makes me want to throw up.
>>
>>25963893
People are also more accommodating, in real-life. I have a stutter, and in real convos, people are fine with it. Not the same, when it comes to phone-calls. I can hear their impatience.
>>
i wish i got this sorted like 10 years ago

i always just thought it was my personality. like i'm just shy and it's something i have to deal with. but it's a real disorder in the DSM and all that. i wanna be a normie. i'm passively observing life, i'm not participating.
>>
>>25963795
Online jobs are pretty nice, as are IT jobs.
How do I deal with it? By not talking to people.

In our highly connected society, it is no longer necessary to go outside and interact with other people for basic survival. Most businesses do their hiring online anyway, and you can have most amenities delivered right to your door.
>>
>>25963850
What the fuck is normal?

No one can make you feel abnormal without your consent.

If you really want to be normal, stop making up nonsense "personality disorders" and do something about your situation.
>>
>>25963795
Me, I can't make a single friend because of this.
>>
>>25964113
oh, all I have to do is do something about it
>>
>>25963893
>talking on the phone makes me want to throw up
This. My spergy voice unnerves me so much whenever I talk on the phone.

Another thing I absolutely hate is texting with normies. I hate how much I end up corcerning myself with how the text would look on the receiving end.
>>
I think growing up fat and ugly influenced this. Plus my dad was always super critical and mean to me. I've never felt comfortable in my own skin or proud of anything. I just feel like I'm not worth other people's time. I'm not interesting or good enough to be a friend so I avoid them.
>>
File: 1436383591059.jpg (103KB, 729x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1436383591059.jpg
103KB, 729x1449px
In the olden days, the wisest ones in society would often seclude themselves from others and live like hermits. Some even moved to remote islands and monetarists to be alone. In the modern age we can enjoy a life of solitude even in a busy city, with all the comforts of life delivered right to the doorstep by the magic of NEETbux and the internet.
>>
i have no hobbies because i'm too afraid of criticism and trying new things

when i was very young i loved to draw, and when i realized i wasn't very good at it, instead of practicing and vowing to get better i just stopped because i'm a coward who gets sad when i fail at things
>>
>>25964190
Yes, exactly.

ORIGINAL
>>
>>25963795
cut contact with everyone I knew from high school

kept on listening in on other people's conversations to figure out how to survive a normal casual one on one conversation for long enough

I don't know a single person and not even immediate family know much about me so there's little to be worried or insecure about

Sometimes when I know I'm avoiding something, I tell myself to do it faggot but often I put it off until it's too late, it's really something I need to stop doing.

I like to think I'm not actually avoidant, I'm just going through a 'healthy' reaction to the state of my life.

I'm not sure how to deal with being lonely all the time. I used to get a lot of my validation, good feelings, and feelings of belonging somewhere from an online community but I could never bring myself to actually open up to anyone. I'd contribute things and every little bit of positive approval was like a drug to me, I lived for it, even if I had to act modest as fuck. Sometimes people would seemingly have fun with me but I never knew what to do when they actively sought my company and I still occasionally log on so I just resort to memes to deflect.

Fuck I really don't know.

Without that place it's just anonymous shitposting here and that really chafes away.

They don't know a thing about me I guess and that's fine. No commitment and I can leave anytime I want.

I hope achieving the usual milestones like getting a job, car and pursuing one or two hobbies will make it easier to at least pretend to be normal but I don't know when that is going to happen.

Not having friends is alright in the sense that you don't have anyone to be ashamed to face.
>>
I can't even make online friends. It's pathetic.
>>
>>25964862
I tried making friends on /r9k/ because I thought it would be easier. It's not.

The idea of making new friends is so foreign to me.
>>
bump

are any of you on medication? does it help?
>>
>>25963795
I don't give a rats ass that's how. I tell them to fuck off and if they don't we fight about it.
>>
>>25965701
SSRI's helps somewhat on overall mood but nothing else
Helped me much when I had some serious depression tho
Still can't get anything decent because doctors are terrified of prescribing addicting pills
>>
>tfw avoidant pd AND 'tistic

I have no clue how to interact with people
>>
im completely fucked due to my AVPD literally got hospitalized once because I couldn't bring myself to go to the store, now the state hired a guy to make sure I have food and buy me some if I don't.
>>
File: 1427075244662.png (530KB, 921x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427075244662.png
530KB, 921x1000px
Deal with what? I avoid because it's easier that way. I don't feel I made the wrong decision. I wonder what it's like to be a normie, but every time I imagine it I just think of how horrible it must be.
>>
>>25966889
you don't have any kind of desire for romance? or friendship?

i would trade everything to be normal
>>
File: hoshimiya_kate_two.jpg (384KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
hoshimiya_kate_two.jpg
384KB, 1600x1280px
>>25966926
I have a bit of a desire since clearly it's what most people do, but it's kind of in the same way as wanting to be rich or something. It's not likely to happen and even if it did happen it'd be a huge source of stress.
Whenever I think of myself in a romantic relationship I just cringe. I have online friends which are perfect. Offline friendships are stressful.
>>
>>25964817
Fuck off with your bullshit normie
>>
File: wolf.jpg (99KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
99KB, 550x550px
I don't think I'll ever get a girlfriend.

I'm
>too timid
>too clingy
>too uninteresting
>too anxious
>too desperate for affection
>>
'm not even a Chad, yet, I find talking to girls as easy as breathing oxygen. Shit, sometimes, even random girls come up to me and introduce themselves first when i'm talking to a mutual friend. Are you "robot" faggots really this fucking autistic, and out of tact?
>>
>>25967039
what do you hope to accomplish with this post besides shaming a bunch of sick people who already hate themselves
>>
>>25963795
I just try to power through. Face to face conversations always make me nervous because I'm always wary of that awkward lull, but I think practice makes perfect. Or something.
>>
File: 1452938810698.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1452938810698.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>25963795
I avoided everybody in my life until they disappeared one by one and then eventually forgot I ever existed. Now I have nothing. Nobody. I didn't deal with jack or shit. I made like a tree and fucked off.

I don't like being alone but I like other people's company even less. I can observe their activities and long for an unobtainable coexistence from a distance but I cannot participate. I'm just different. I know better than to believe I can be apart of this world. I am too far gone. Avoidance is better than normality for me. I long for some aspects of normality but I know deep down that I'd probably get bored pretty quick. Any time someone speaks to me even now all I can think about is being alone.

All of my past attempts at trying to be honest and open have left me feeling fucking shitty and humiliated. The more I bury myself the worse it gets, the more I open up the worse it gets, either way I get shit on. Wew fucking lad.
>>
>>25967033

>get girlfriend
>meet in real life
>she dumps me for being too clingy and too beta
>>
>>25963850
it's even possible to reach a point where you're disgusted by it
>>
File: sad-00032.jpg (58KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
sad-00032.jpg
58KB, 560x560px
>>25967301
I was having a decent day too...
>>
>>25963795
>avoidant personality
>dealing with it
that's a laugh
actually it's a cry
>>
>>25963795
>how do you deal with it?

i don't, that's kind of the entire point of the disorder.
>>
I'm seeing a therapist about it... I don't know how much good it will do me in the long run, but it feels good to get my thoughts out of my head and into words.
>>
>>25967543
i saw a therapist for my avpd

it didn't help. it's a relaxing outlet like you said, but their advice was stuff like "talk to strangers, it's going to be challenging but you'll benefit" and i basically said nope. i can't do that.
>>
Well that's the first time I've looked at a disorder and felt like it was describing me pretty heavily
>>
>>25967905
Don't fell for it, the description literally describes every non-chad male, people in this threads are just stupid
>>
my cousin is like this. Everyone thinks shes mute because if she doesn't feel like 95% comfortable around you she wont talk as if it makes her invisible. Since she refuses to talk someones gotta be with her when she goes places and when you do this she pretty much latches onto your arm and looks worried someone might talk to her, look at her, or try to get close to her. Like shut in to the extreme.
>>
>>25968096
this comment isn't original, but is she cute?
>>
my therapist recommended coloring books for when I'm too overwhelmed by stimuli. they make me look mentally retarded but they are relaxing.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.