[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something about humanity must be seriously fucked up on a fundamental

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 15

File: cbxfcvbsdf.jpg (52KB, 615x580px) Image search: [Google]
cbxfcvbsdf.jpg
52KB, 615x580px
Something about humanity must be seriously fucked up on a fundamental level if so many people here can suffer without intimacy, without friends, without a meaningful place in their society.

Where did everything go so wrong?
>>
Alienated people are people who fail to understand what the ruling ideology wants from them.
>>
>>25955790
They're alone because their arrogant assholes, with unrealistic expectations. It's really that simple.
>>
>>25955840
If only the world was this easy, normies might even understand us.
>>
>>25955840
Funny. I'm alone because I'm the opposite of what you said.
>>
File: 1404603187541.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
1404603187541.png
121KB, 250x418px
is that costanza?
>>
>>25955840

This is the harsh but completely fair truth of the situation.
>>
>>25955790
When these sort of condescending pricks came into existence-> >>25955840
>>
>>25955790
Capitalism.

Let Youtube teach you about its wonders, and it's downfalls.
>>
>>25955886
You're alone because you're humble with realistic expectations? Doubt it.
>>
>>25955885

Normies do understand you. The actual problem is you don't understand how transparent you are.
>>
>>25955790
It's probably really simple. Just look at the way society treats the genuinely mentally disabled. They're either helped along or they're ignored/pushed away. When you see something wrong with someone, you can single out that flaw usually no problem. Your reaction to it depends on the person you are.

Not to say everyone here is mentally disabled, unattractive, etc or both. When you put yourself in a happy normie's shoes, why would you want to hang out with an ugly or sad person? You would probably want to fit into a group of people similar to you and continue having fun or whatever.

I'm not that smart though, so maybe I'm wrong, but I try not to place ridiculous blame unless absolutely necessary. There's no way society as a whole went wrong, it's just the way people here are and the way they are.
>>
>>25955840
Pretty much. If someone like Elliott Rodger was just a chill nice kid, who was maybe like a bench warmer on the soccer team or something, and wasn't worried about being an alpha or some such nonsense, he would have had a gf, no problem.
>>
>>25955918
Yes, and because of that I'm boring. I never step out of line or try and go beyond what's expected.
>>
>>25956002
I think you're confusing humility with complacency.
>>
>>25955840
isolation creates the monster, not the other way around. this kind of explaining is only done by normals to relieve themselves of any sense of empathy/responsibility they might feel for "them" otherwise.
>>
>>25956119
Th reason half of you are isolated is because you're arrogant. Socializing takes some humility. It takes not taking yourself so seriously, and being able to laugh at yourself. And it takes not buying into alpha/beta nonsense.
>>
File: 279.png (1MB, 1023x1446px) Image search: [Google]
279.png
1MB, 1023x1446px
>>25955790
I'm not quite sure

But I generally enjoy any sort of solitary activity more than anything where I have to interact with other people.

I'm not really suffering, despite the occasional bout of lonliness and despair, I'm fairly content with being alone.
>>
>>25955840
You mean that people with narcissistic personality traits are generally lonely? Reality states the opposite, people like that thrive in our western society.
>>
humans evolved to live in small tribes of about 50 people where everyone literally knew everyone else, not in cities of millions of people
>>
>>25956188
Professional success and having friends are often not the same thing.
>>
>>25955885
You think you're being deeper than you are. Going from outsider to normie, I realized there's nothing special about being here
>>
>>25956225
Yeah, it's just another forum. People act like they've crossed this magical threshold, and everyone here must be like them. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>25955840
if this was true then there were lonely woman too because there is approx 0.3 more men then woman on this earth
but they aren't alone. all woman had relationships at some point, which is bizarre as fuck
>>
>>25956158
I was isolated in my childhood by my parents. Wasn't allowed to leave the house to visit friends or any other form of socialization.
Now as an adult I have severe social anxiety and depression. I don't see how in any way I'm arrogant or think highly of myself.
I strongly doubt most people who are alienated are that way due to arrogance. In fact this is the first time I've heard this theory.
Did you come up with it yourself after taking this board too seriously?
>>
>>25956269
Half you dude are like 22 and think you have the world figured out. When you're older, you'll realize there are plenty of lonely women in this world.
>>
>>25956269
Not really, there are lonely women, but just like lonely men, they don't advertise
>>
>>25956216
Good point. We don't actually need to have close relationships to survive in modern society, wich might contribute to lonelyness. People are simply more disposable.
>>
>>25956308
my facebook account and social encounters tell a different story
woman can get rejected, but they aren't denied companionship
>>
>>25956261
Exactly, I wish I could pass on some knowledge of what I've learned since I've been coming to this website for years and would like to give back, but people don't want to listen
>>
>>25956303
Sounds like you had really shitty parents. Where they religious? Nothing holds true for all people anon. Yours would be a special case. Did you go to school like a normal kid?
>>
>>25956068
I don't know where in my post I came off as complacent. I hardly take things for granted. How does a humble person deal with what they expect of others and their self in life then?
>>
>>25955790
I blame liberal self-esteem schooling building up ideas of self-importance in children only to be viciously smashed by by the real world, leading to mass disillusionment by people who were taught what they want matters and they deserve things.
>>
>>25956336
go talk to some 45 year old divorcees and get back to me. There are PLENTY of lonely women in the world.
>>
>>25956336
Well if you base all women off the few socially active women you see on Facebook, a social network, and literally out in the real world, then yes, there are no lonely women
>>
>>25956158
and where do you gain the ability to laugh at yourself and be "humble", these things aren't personality traits they're learned, and not even that necessary to actually speak to people. I know plenty of people that are actually arrogant, maybe even "bad people", but they still have friends and social lives. serial killers are loved at some point, but they're not good or humble, they just learned the way to socialize. you want to peg it as some character trait but its not, its learned, and when you dont learn "it" youre fucked.

not saying you aren't right that someone who never learned to socialize is flawed, but it's not always because they're bad people. sometimes its bad luck, and sometimes they're just predisposed to it.
>>
>>25956347
I went to 13 schools. Parents are religious, but not very. Used to go to church early on, but not after they divorced.
>>
>>25956348
Humility is just staying grounded, but it doesn't mean you're trapped in a box.
>>
>>25956373
still i can count all the guys that don't have gf's in my facebook and they are many, while the woman have considerably more boyfriends
>>
>>25956303
You'd be surprised how many people are incredibly arrogant about being lonely, but obviously thats not always the case, I've met several people who were sheltered and have a hard time, but you can still do it, you just gotta get out and practice, even if it makes you uncomfortable, and it will
>>
>>25956373
Who are all also prob 18-25 years old. These Anons act like they're world weary and their lives have barely begun.
>>
File: 1426715014559.png (832KB, 1009x6647px) Image search: [Google]
1426715014559.png
832KB, 1009x6647px
>>25955840
>>25956158
fucking normies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSbFZaoVJ3c
>>
>>25956393
Thats because, in my experience, guys tend to be more vocal about being single, while girls know to keep quiet about it because if guys find out they get swarmed
>>
>>25956373
and btw, the internet isn't reality. People only post the good stuff and half that is fabricated.
>>
>>25956413
Exactly, I'm young myself but I know to step back and realize that making generalizations this early is almost never good.
>>
>>25956448
They act like they know it all and have seen it all, and they're like 22. You're just getting started at that age.
>>
>>25956431
Pretty much, Facebook is for putting on the appearance of having an amazing life, for the validation of others.
>>
>>25956474
iv seen it all
>>
>>25956431
Exactly. It's like watching a movie and thinking it's an accurate reflection of real life. No, it's a carefully constructed narrative. That's it.
>>
>>25956474
I had this problem a lot in high school, it wasn't until I was well into college that I got over it
>>
>>25956493
lol. As someone who is probably close to twice your age, I guarantee you that you haven't.
Remember, arrogance is unattractive.
>>
There are billions of people on this planet. Is it that hard to believe that there are even a handful of people that maybe grew up without a normie handbook like you did?
>>
File: 1453246235059.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453246235059.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>25956392
I guess we all have our own arbitrary definitions of words, then.
>>
>>25956519
You can be ambitious and still be humble. You can challenge yourself an still be humble. These concepts aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
File: 1451549194636.png (384KB, 473x356px) Image search: [Google]
1451549194636.png
384KB, 473x356px
>develop different interests, taste in music, sense of humor, etc, from other kids
>become alienated as most people can't even really relate on an acquaintance level
>spend entirety of high school alone because i really don't click with the normies in any way and all attempts just felt like me trying to be someone i wasn't

>"it's because you refuse to change anon"
>"it's all in your head anon"
>"narcissism is what did this to you"

fuck normie reasoning. even if i become the most open and social person suddenly i'm still not going to hang out with people unlike me that don't have anything in common and can't laugh at the same jokes

>"you need to learn to adjust yourself to others!"
>try to be friendly with normies
>"you shouldn't change who you are for others!!!!"
>get tired of it and try to see if they still like me by just being honest about myself, contact quickly fades

yeah no, i've had too many different approaches and failures to expect anything
>>
>>25956513
the fuck you know about me
only thing you have to know is that being a good person is the most worthless thing ever despite everyone trying to debunk you.
good people have no worth in jobs,relationships and probably less likely to success if they go down the narrow path of kindness, iv been too good to people because i thought that being good is a virtue that people appreciate
>>
>>25956544
drop the 'normie' bullshit too. It's not real, and makes you seem bitter. It's a petty transparent defense mechanism, and again, super arrogant.
>>
>>25956518
I didnt grow up with a normie handbook, I just grew up.
>>
>>25955840

I can't take someone who writes their instead of they're seriously.Besides you sound like a woman.

If you want a refutation, there is no need for any, since your assumption is baseless.

There was a time were normies weren't so retarded and were actually fun to be around. Times changed. "Normal" people changed for the worse. You try to fit a decadent society that's what happens.
>>
>>25956557
No one in the early 20s has seen it all. NO ONE. You'll be surprised how much time changes you. And again, chill with the arrogance. You're not some special case the world has never seen before. And being a good person is it's own reward. You sound like a dick. I'm not surprised you're isolated. Who would want to be around someone with your attitude?
>>
>>25956544
You just literally describe yourself as arrogant. Going from outsider to normie, I realized that there is no "being someone you're not" you just roll with whatever group you're with. Not being able to learn to like new and different things is what separates you from me.
>>
File: 1451294740365.jpg (28KB, 310x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451294740365.jpg
28KB, 310x350px
>yeah bruh i totally grew up, i see through the bullshit of you guys, you're all arrogant and unlike you i made something of myself
>he says while being on a cancerous shitposting board inhabited by the people he claims not to be a part of, on friday night

normies visiting /r9k/ is a meme
>>
I personally blame your parents. They should have taught you social skills and being confident in social situations
>>
>>25956631
I'm here because the gf is sleeping, we both go here, Its been apart of my life for almost a decade so why wouldnt I go here? I roll from board to board as I feel like it, 4chan is a culture.
>>
>>25956392

so where exactly does he sound complacent? he just sounds honest to me. you really try to mold how things really are to fit your narrative.
>>
>>25956668
gf is sleeping

shut the fuck up
>>
>>25956581
kek, I have an English degree too. I don't proofread my shitposts though.

There isn't some line in the sand between normal and abnormal people. the world is much more nuanced than that. And anon, there aint nothing new under the sun. There were no good old days.
>>
>>25956540
Same goes for the opposite. I'm a shit-person with humility tacked on to the side of my small accomplishments.
>>
>>25956611
no. everything i say to you i based off my life experiences.
most successful people that i knew were big fucking dicks that treat people like shit.
heck even the most popular guy in my school was a giant turd and he got nothing but admiration and respect from other people
humanity has turned on itself, we all need to burn and bomb to ashes and it will happen, the question is when
>>
>>25956631

I'm here because it isn't Friday night everywhere in the world, you total fucking idiot.

>>25956581

Um, that anon used they're and their correctly both times. You're a retard.
>>
>>25956631
Again. This isn't some magical place. It's just a board on the internet. There are all kinds of people here, for all kinds of different reasons.
>>
>>25956668
I'm here b/c I'm snowed in and killing time tbqh.
>>
>>25956675
I can take a picture if you'd like
>>
>>25956693
>Um, that anon used they're and their correctly both times. You're a retard.

Actually, the their is wrong. My mistake. You're still a fucking retard for trying to claim a grammatical error is feminine. You should probably let go of your painfully obvious bias
>>
>>25956625
>"just roll" aka you adjust yourself to others regardless of whether you feel at home with these people
>"not being able to learn to like new things" aka adjust your interests to other people, its "arrogant" to want to want relatable people

There's definitely folks here who can't change themselves but there's also going overboard, and there's absolutely truth in the cycle of "learn to like new things" and "don't change yourself for others." It has to come from both sides: you can't expect a gf who's just you with a vagina, but you also don't want someone who's just a polar opposite that doesn't give a shit about anything you value.

I think robots are stubborn, but I also feel like a lot of advice often comes down to "deny everything about yourself. this is good for you, trust me i'm not like you and you're too mentally fucked to know."
>>
>>25956715
hell yeah do it dude
>>
>>25956712
Shit, where are you that you have that much snow? I've missed the snow quite a lot this winter
>>
>>25956670
He said:

>>I never step out of line or try and go beyond what's expected.

That's complacency. You can be humble and still push your boundaries.
>>
>>25956726
Sec leme make a timestamp
>>
>>25956691
Life is longer than all of that. Wait until you get older and start seriously recognizing you're own mortality. All that stuff you're talking about will be trivial.
>>
>>25956677
YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, THE ONLY GOOD THING WE HAVE IN 2016 IS TECHNOLOGY, BUT WE HAVE NEVER EVER REACHED SUCH A LEVEL OF DEGENERACY ON EVERY LEVEL

By normal and abnormal I mean low-brow and high-brow. lots of failed normies on this board, and born ugly people.

>>25956716

Not the grammar error retard, the post as a whole. You're so retarded I'm pretty sure you're a female or a low-test male.

>>25956744

didnt read. still that doesnt make him arrogant or a man with unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>25956119
THIS

DEATH TO NORMALSLIMES
>>
>>25956715
They're just doing their version of a safe space.If someone isn't as pathetic as they imagine themselves to be, they must be lying. It's there way of only hearing one narrative.
>>
>>25956722
Sorry that wasnt supposed to come out like that mean sounding. I do have my own likes and am definitely my own weird person, and I mostly hang around people that have the same sense of humour, like the same things, etc but I have enough knowledge and social sense to hang with pretty much anybody, the jocks want to do something? Sure bro, lets hit up that hockey game, the nerds wanna game? Hell yeah, leme redownload WoW or install DotA, the weebs wanna shoot the shit? Lets watch some Bakemonogatari

Just gotta not be afraid of going "against yourself" if I worded that right, personally I think there is no denying yourself, just adding more to you
>>
>>25956158

shut up dude you have not a single clue what you're saying. you are a terrible observer of human nature.
>>
Read books such as Alone Together and Bowling Alone. They document the breakdown of civic pariticpation and the rise of social fragmentation because of the Internet and other forces.

People are more isolated than ever before, even though communications technology is supposed to connect us better. Deep and meaningful interaction is replaced by superficial messaging and so on.

Capitalism has altered production so that people rarely work in tier communities, but commute to other locations to which they may be less attached which disrupts a sense of cohesion. Or they retreat inward to a domain of electronic distractions to full the emotional and social vacuums blotting their lives.
>>
>>25956729
NYC. It's been snowing for about two hours, but they've been hyping the shit out of it so who knows. As long as I don't loose power, I'm good.
>>
I think most robots just have unlucky personalities, if i think back to high school

>Was a kind of weird kid who liked edgy music and was obsessed with art and politics and shit
>Surrounded by kids who didn't relate: normies didn't care, nerdy kids too autistic for me
>End up alone, making me socially insecure, frustrated, and eventually turning to things like narcissism to keep myself with some sense of confidence
>Finish high school and realize my edginess, but now still socially inept and unable to connect with people
>Spend several years depressively trying to find a purpose and attempting to catch up on social skills

90% of us will grow out of it over time, but chances are a lot will be left bitter and missed some great opportunities
>>
>>25956778
>All that stuff you're talking about will be trivial
still, im not saying there are no good people left, im just saying most people are absolutely unable to judge people truth character and support them for shallow things that have no meaning
>>
on a side note i think i caught some kind of gastro-enteritis god fucking dammit
>>
>>25956830
Ahh yeah, I'm in the far north NY so we havent gotten any of that yet, literally like a foot of snow and most of its ice around here. so sad
>>
>>25956840
I find that things that get called shallow, almost always have tremendous meaning.
>>
>>25956881
I think Mid-Atlantic is really getting slammed. They're saying like 8 inches here. I'm not that worried.
>>
File: 1420990049066.jpg (115KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
1420990049066.jpg
115KB, 800x504px
This is the argument of the normals in this thread.
>>
>>25956886
having money and looks don't mean you can do whatever the fuck you want and still be liked

i mean it is possible, but it means nothing if that person done nothing for you
>>
>>25956957
also i appericate wealth if it gained by legitimate ways, admiring someone for just having someone is shallow
>>
>>25956119

They will never understand because they do not care.
>>
>>25956957
Agreed. But the money an looks aren't apropos of nothing either. They're the manifestations of grander forces, and often a lot of hard work.
>>
Everyone's always been lonely, take those ancient graffiti for example. Now the graffiti's visible everywhere.
>>
>>25957018
bad people don't work hard, honesty is integral part of work ethics
>>
>>25957055
I'm not sure I believe there are 'good' and 'bad' people. I think it's more nuanced than that. But yeah, I agree that honesty is actually beneficial for professional success. A lot of people think otherwise, but I'm not sure I buy it. I've always though deceit was the realm of people who can't win straight up. Cheaters and such. Who would even want that kind of success? It's degrading.
>>
>>25957053

it wasn't robot-tier loneliness
>>
>>25957053
good point.. public expression
>>
File: blurch.jpg (143KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
blurch.jpg
143KB, 640x582px
>>25956417
your picture is mostly true, but stefan molyneux is a pseudointellectual who appeals mainly to men going through a midlife crisis and fedoras, it is embarrassing, you might as well be shilling MGTOW right now
>>
i don't remember the significance of posting this
http://www.truemonism.com/pm/
anyway it made a lot of sense to me a few years ago
>>
File: 1447591434425.gif (396KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1447591434425.gif
396KB, 288x288px
>>25957053
>mfw ancient greeks bragged about fucking femboys before any robot
>>
File: 1446929945342.png (124KB, 1798x504px) Image search: [Google]
1446929945342.png
124KB, 1798x504px
>>25957053
Back then, if you were a young man who acted outside the moral norms of his tribe, and they ostracized you, it meant no woman is going to sleep with you, no one is going to protect you while you sleep, no one is going to share food with you, and if you somehow survive into old age it doesn't really matter because your genes are going to die off. You're not going to reproduce with anyone. It's considered gene death in a tribal species.

We live on a little planet in a solar system on the edge of a galaxy, which is a minor galaxy. God isn't there and doesn't love us, and nature doesn't give a damn. We really are unimportant after all.
>>
Technology made it where introverted types like us can spend all day on the internet to get socializing out of our systems. In the old days we lived in smaller communities and would usually make friends for life during childhood. Now with our globalized world and internet there isn't a point for us to leave our rooms.

Women's rights started the long downfall for women as a whole. Eventually its come to the point where women are free to slut around with whoever they please and of course their first choice is Chad. Now you have the most attractive 20% of males fucking constantly with beta men picking up the slack with what few ugly girls are left and Chad's leftovers after she gets off the cock carousel. The sex does not trickle down.
There was much more incentive in the old days for women to not be sluts as well. Your family would do all the work for you and set you up with a qt virgin wife and you would live happily ever after.

Basically what has happened in the last 50 years is the destruction of everything society has been building since antiquity.
>>
>>25955918
There are any number of reasons he might be alone.

It could be that he's arrogant and demands too much of a mate.

Or it could be that he is too ashamed and uncomfortable with himself, his self-esteem is too low, and so he can't bring himself to risk getting close to somebody. Intimacy means vulnerability and some people are too afraid of being hurt.

Some people as well just don't connect very well with others. It is hard to bond with people when you don't share any common experiences.
>>
Shitty parents are the cause 99% of the time

If you were raised without a father figure god rest your soul
>>
File: 1434890954163.jpg (26KB, 290x284px) Image search: [Google]
1434890954163.jpg
26KB, 290x284px
>>25955790
we fuck'd up when we didn't kill all the psychopaths. 1 out of 3 humans are trash and need to die
>inb4 I sound like a psychopath
>>
>>25957643
The funniest part of this post is he doesn't realize some of the most celebrated people in society are undoubtedly psychopaths.
>>
>>25955790
>society

Were genetic dead ends
>>
File: 1427363424790.png (150KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
1427363424790.png
150KB, 540x750px
>>25957590
It's not as simple as there just being shitty parents. The overwhelming majority of the people of today are just shitty in general.

What a time to be alive...

If any of you societal rejects reading this post right now were born either 100 years before, or 100 years later from now, I think the majority of us may have been able to live relatively "normal", fulfilling lives. The sort of life that would be worth the struggle of having to cope with the unknown reason(s) of our very own existence. Not all of us, to be sure, but I believe the odds would have been much more in our favor, instead of the game of life being seemingly rigged from the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCGL9tRDEc

>"You're all living in fucking la la land."
>>
>>25955804
This is true.

All the trends which normies follow were given to them by the ruling class. They are human cattle. We did not fit the mold, however.
>>
File: just.jpg (12KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
12KB, 239x211px
>>25955840
>not wanting to be treated like a doormat is an unrealistic expectation
o..ok
>>
>>25955790
Reminder that only failed normies care about this shit. Robots don't give a fuck
>>
>>25955790
Its not humanity that is the issue, its the society we live in.
>>
File: 1452608819245.jpg (71KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1452608819245.jpg
71KB, 520x520px
>>25955790
Because there are too many people on this planet. Because modern medicine allow unfit individuals to survive (and sometimes procreate - dysgenics). Because only males bear the evolutionary weight of this species. Most females reproduce, most males don't (but a few males reproduce a lot).

Among other things. Plus what >>25957469 said.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.