[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to la?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (120KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 620x465px
How do I move to la?
>>
You don't, it sucks. It's expensive as shit, fucking hot all the time, and everybody's a turbochad.
>>
File: 1452354199627.png (427KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452354199627.png
427KB, 546x700px
>>25939996
Fuck off. La must be an awful place if you arent an sjw or a chad
>>
>wanting to move to LA
>ever
why would you ever want to move to that hell op?
>>
>>25939996
Head west
>>
>>25940030
>expensive
It's only expensive because the apartments are held to higher quality and you have a better quality of living

>hot
Oh well at least it's cold at night it's better than snow ice and cold

>>25940046
Like in due date?
>>
>>25939996
Don't, it sucks. I'm trying to move out.

>How do I escape from LA?
Fek
>>
>>25940107
>higher quality

No, they're not. Shitty sinks with no disposal, no dishwashers, have to buy your own fridge, and some don't even have A/C. Apartments here are shit.

I'm LA born and raised, and then spent 4 years in another city with real weather and loved it. I'll take snow ice and cold over this any day.
>>
>>25940107
>apartments are held to higher quality
>you have a better quality of living
I actually hope you get there so you can have the biggest disappointment of your life.
>>
>>25940432
Also if you live on the first floor you've got a chance of catching a stray bullet.
>>
>>25940107
>It's only expensive because the apartments are held to higher quality and you have a better quality of living

You don't know anything dude.
>>
>>25940510
They never do. These guys are the ones that blacks and mexicans and persians and russians will make money off of until he wises up.
>>
>>25940480
kek as much as I hate this place, this one isn't true.

LA's actually a pretty safe city as long as you don't go anywhere retarded, and it's not hard to figure out where those places are or how to avoid them.
>>
>>25940649
You're right it's gotten much better in that regard. Better chance of catching hep c from a shifty bum trying to scrap with you.

>don't go anywhere retarded
Not really an option for people who have to live in those places though. OP's plan seems to be living in LA for as cheap as possible.
>>
Nigga fuck LA. If your hell bent on living some where thats shitty and overpriced try Orange County Or San Diego. LA is only held in such high esteem because of hollywood, but remove that and you got one big sprawling overpriced ghetto. Fuck LA, I'm so happy I moved out.
>>
>>25940737
The super dangerous ghetto parts of LA aren't really any cheaper than the crummy but sleepy parts, though, and they probably won't even rent to an anon in the ghetto parts.

OP would probably end up in the SFV or something, where the only real danger would maybe be a car break-in or something, unless he goes wandering around at 3AM on the street and gets stabbed by a tweaker.
>>
>>25940838
Hollywood is bullshit too, that place is 10% tourist trap and 90% shitty ghetto itself.

I went to middle school right in the middle of that shithole (Bancroft) and then one of my first real jobs was at an ad agency at Highland and Santa Monica. (I drove all over town for them, delivering tapes and prototype posters and stuff.)

The industry itself is fucked too, filled with crazy narcissists, constant backstabbing, ridiculous sycophant networking bullshit, etc.
>>
>>25940107
>It's only expensive because the apartments are held to higher quality and you have a better quality of living

Hahahah. Californian here, don't do it. It's a trick. They're not high quality at all.
>>
>>25940871
I was thinking long beach or the ghetto
>>
>>25940954
lol you should try seeing rural area apartments but ok you guys just have unreasonable standards
>>
>>25941291
Affordable apartments in LA are broken down '50s-'60s shitholes, trust me, they're not nice. I lived up near Sacramento for a while, and I know that's not rural, but it's tiny compared to LA, and I was absolutely blown away by how nice the apartments were compared to LA ones, and that they cost a fraction of the price.
>>
>>25941369
Idk man I saw a bunch of them and they look nice with furnished hardwood floors and updated kitchen shit and decent carpets

Are you forgetting the shit here is 200 years old or what? Don't hold heat properly, lets mice in, nothing works or looks right
>>
>>25941432
Those are probably demo units. Complexes refurbish one apartment for photos and walkthroughs, and then the thing they actually give you is trash.

Also, the carpets are only because of laws, and they're cheap shit carpets, and the updated kitchen shit is usually just new faces on the same old shitty drawers and cabinets. The appliances are usually trash in the unit you actually get, and you have to buy your own appliances in many cases, especially fridges. (I don't know why, but LA apartments never come with fridges, apparently that's not true in other cities.)

You're also talking about living with no A/C and maybe a barely working ceiling fan in areas where it often reaches 100+, there's no insulation, and shit doesn't work any better than anywhere else.
>>
File: lain3.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lain3.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
Jobcore OP
>>
Too many Mexicans
>>
Move to San Diego instead and get all the qt Hispanic chicks.
>>
>>25939996
NO MORE PARTIES IN LA. PLEASE BABY NO MORE PARTIES IN LA.
>>
>>25940043

People who want to be comedians? Write? Act? It's kind of the only choice
>>
>>25943158
There's about as much chance of actually making it in those fields here as there is of winning the Powerball.

This is a cutthroat business, with an insane amount of competition, and you need both incredible levels of skill and extreme social and networking skills to make it.

Some robots may have the former, I doubt many have the latter.

The only exceptions is if you want to work a non-glamorous job with midlevel pay, going into set decorating, editing, set electrician, etc are passable jobs in the industry.
>>
>>25939996
Find someone looking for a room mate or an aparment for yourself if you can afford it on craigslist.
Make sure you have enough money to survive for a little bit. Or have a job lined up.
Put your shit on a truck and move.
It's not as hard as it seems I moved from the east to the west coast myself.
>>
>>25941200
I live in long beach. I will kill you..... If You Do Make The Move Make sure you explore rancho palos verdes Peninsula
It's a great Escape from the urban environment. The seaside cliff landscape is amazing.
>>
>>25943260

Hahaha good one... implying OP can afford PV
>>
>>25943365
Of course he can't I just mean to visit and explore the beaches and shit. Maybe he can drown in a sea cave like the other idiots.
>>
File: snake in the grass.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
snake in the grass.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
>literally wanting to move to normieville
>>
Tfw /orange county/
>>
>>25943212

True but it still doesn't stop some people from trying
>>
File: farmer_pepe.png (208KB, 964x771px) Image search: [Google]
farmer_pepe.png
208KB, 964x771px
>extremely expensive
>surrounded by Mexicans, niggers, Jews, libcucks and normies
>no water since it's a massive city built in a desert

Best choice I ever made was leaving Southern California for the all-white, Midwest town I now live in
>>
Move to Massachusetts, specifically the greater Boston area.
>>
Dude, don't. Louisiana is trash.
>>
>>25943158
have any idea how many end up working shit jobs, become beach bums or whores(man whores are weirdly common there), or drug addicts. Moving to LA pretty much has zero chance of success. You'd be better off making a youtube channel, seriously you'd probably have way more success with that.
>>
>>25944991

Not me personally but I have a friend who wants to be a writer in TV personally it's something he holds onto and I'm not going to go tell him you can't do that. I'm sure he's well aware of how hard it is to break into that industry
>>
>>25939996
you do not move out to la.
>>
>>25943158
No, it's not. you're forgetting new york.
>>
File: s19797_No Fun Allowed.jpg (65KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
s19797_No Fun Allowed.jpg
65KB, 425x450px
LA is true hell OP. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>la

Louisiana?
>>
>>25943537
i lived in san pedro, in between pv and the gaffey slums below, and it was pretty awesome experience.
>>
>>25939996

Why don't you just move to the bowels of Hell itself and cut out the middleman? It will have the same temperature, job availability, rent costs, quality of people, and chance of success as LA.

Dumb fucking neckbeards on this board thinking they will find happiness in the big city.
>>
>>25943050

BOUGIE BOOTIES EVERYWHERE
>>
>>25939996
Step 1: Become the St. Louis Rams
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Get aids
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.