[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a reminder to get out of this shithole while you can. I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1453395614779.jpg (183KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453395614779.jpg
183KB, 420x500px
Just a reminder to get out of this shithole while you can.
I was a much happier person before this board.
2 years dedicated to posting on this board, and now i'm ready to leave.
>>
I didn't browse r9k once in the fall semester when I was abroad. I'm considering trying the same again in spring.
>>
>>25937105
When you're a NEET, you don't have much to do, so I pretty much browsed this board at least once a day.
I'm trying to slow down, maybe get into a hobby like art or something.
>>
Being happy is nice, but what about ignoring the truth? The reality? Lots of things said here are retarded, on the other hand many things said here are the kind of things people ignore to feel happier in life, because they can't do anything about them. I find myself addicted to reading these things.
>>
If an anonymous image based internet forum keeps you from living your life then you have a big problem.
Most people, I assume, are on here because they have nothing better to do. Not because they prefer browsing this or the internet to living and enjoying their lives.
>>
>>25937120
>implying people on here don't have a big problem.
>>
>>25937120
Lurking and using /r9k/ is general has changed my mindset and views on a lot of things.
>>
>>25937178

Then you're a gullible, easily brainwashed idiot. Congratulations. Let me guess, you think the "roastie" meme is accurate?
>>
I've been here regularly since 2010. I hate what this board has been warped into.
>>
>>25937234
You think nothing said here is true? I for one believe the manlet "meme", because women hate short men. And in my environment, being under 5'11" is enough to get called short. I also believe in halo effect(how looks determine your life on many levels) and just-world hypothesis(how normies tell themselves that anything good that happened to them is due to hard work, not luck).
>>
File: 1430749209495.jpg (43KB, 225x254px) Image search: [Google]
1430749209495.jpg
43KB, 225x254px
You will never be able to leave.
>>
I don't remember what it was like before I came here every day.
>>
>>25937119
>Being happy is nice, but what about ignoring the truth?
It makes you happy, therefore it is a good thing.
>>
>>25937440
That's normie attitude. By your logic snorting cocaine all your life is good. Do you really think being happy means you should do it? That could lead to some pretty self-destructive behavior. But compared to robot attitude, it's not even based on the truth.
>>
>>25937458
>By your logic snorting cocaine all your life is good. Do you really think being happy means you should do it?
No, precisely because it's self-destructive, and self-destruction is not conducive to later happiness.

My philosophy is that if an action will make you or someone else happy in the short, medium or long term AND will not make someone else or yourself unhappy in the short, medium or long term, then it's an action you should blindly do. It's also probably an action that does not exist. Other than that, it's mostly risk-and-reward mechanisms. And I think being willfully oblivious to the truth is unlikely to hurt me in any kind of term, while it will certainly make me happier, so there you have it.
>>
>>25937527
What you're saying makes sense. It really does. I have only question, HOW? How to do this? Whenever I try, I got back to my old mindset once the reality comes crashing on me like a wall of bricks. And trust me, it does. Ignoring the truth to be happy seems to be something I can't do unless I'm extremely drunk. Not even talking moderately drunk as in few shots and I'm a normie. I have to guzzle down 10 pints of beer in few hours or half a liter of 40% booze to feel like you describe. I can't seem to do it sober because the reality always comes back to bite me in the ass.
>>
>>25937591
>I have only question, HOW? How to do this?
Education. I was raised in a dysfunctional family, where I was taught since the younger age to pretend everything was going alright whenever it was not crackling shitstorm night. A decade later, and I've mastered the art of escapism and getting back up from curveballs.
>>
>>25937234
>Let me guess, you think the "roastie" meme is accurate?
more like roastie "meme" amirite, shit just doesn't get that way unless it has some miles on it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.