[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /lit/ here? What books have you been reading? I've been

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: PiOmO4p.png (269KB, 567x960px) Image search: [Google]
PiOmO4p.png
269KB, 567x960px
Who /lit/ here? What books have you been reading? I've been reading the hobbit lately. Amazing book. Wagecucks don't have time to read.
>>
>>25930997
I liked blood meridian
What did robots think?
Pic related not so much
>>
>>25930997
I recently read a book called the Crisis of Democracy, its really interesting because it basically the ideology of an organization called the Trilateral Commision whivh seeks to undermine the foundations of democracy. It was written by people from G7 countries who later became influential politicians. several cabinet members from the Nixon, Carter, and Reagan.
>>
>>25931194
administrations were followers of its ideology and really gives us an idea about why people no long care about politics.
>>
File: 1453078870254.jpg (43KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
1453078870254.jpg
43KB, 500x478px
>>25931194
Undermine for what purpose?
>>
>>25931046
i liked both of those books me familia
>>
>>25931226
Because democracy came to become available to all people, not just one demographic, with the right of women and minorities to vote came the issue of answer to a wider spectrum of voters that could not be as easily consoled. This would represent a problem for democracy because too much input is an issue. I really recommend it.
http://trilateral.org/download/doc/crisis_of_democracy.pdf
>>
Reading a fuckload right now.
>Kaigun
>Child Abuse in Freud's Vienna
>Paradise Lost
>Up to Leviticus in the KJB
>Kierkergaard's Either
>1831 Frankenstein
>The Embarrassment of Riches
>I Am Providence (Unabridged)

>>25931046
Yeah, Hemmingway is a bad Cormac McCarthy honestly.

On that last one, what's your fav. Lovecraft story?
Has to be The Thing on the Doorstep or Through the Gates of the Silver Key for me.
>>
File: choose-your-own-adventure.jpg (341KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
choose-your-own-adventure.jpg
341KB, 1600x800px
anyone remember these?
>>
File: 1451245151353.jpg (29KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451245151353.jpg
29KB, 432x360px
>>25931356
Never read Lovecraft
What's your recommendation
>>
>>25930997
Fate/Apocrypha, and lots of other weeb trash
>>
File: 1449687062979.jpg (27KB, 1007x485px) Image search: [Google]
1449687062979.jpg
27KB, 1007x485px
>>25931245
How could you get over the whore part
Fiestas sound fun as fuck though
>>
>>25931407
Pickman's Model. Solid introduction to both types of Lovecraft stories - the universe is out to get you and human degradation is even scarier than a hostile universe.

>>25931414
I unironically liked Fate/Apoc. Just when you think it can't be more "fuck yeah" it escalates. Where are you up to?
>>
File: 34.jpg (25KB, 430x483px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
25KB, 430x483px
>tfw reading watership down as comfy escapism between more serious reading

Highly recommended to any robots looking for a comfy book. It has some pretty intense feels but it's basically 450 pages of getting comfy in forts with chill rabbit friends.
>>
>>25930997
I just finished the lotr trilogy. Very good, indeed. I had forgotten all about Saruman's exploitation of the Shire at the end of the book. It was kind of odd to place it at the end of the novel, after the defeat of Sauron, but I enjoyed that part of the book nonetheless.

Right now, I'm reading Shakespeare's The Tempest, because I heard that the main character, Prospero, is a wizard. I was not disappointed. I'm reading it out of a giant compendium of all of Shakespeare's works. There are these weird annotations that make no fucking sense and constantly refer to some collection of essays written by ?????
>>
>>25930997
When I saw lit I thought you meant lit on weed. Stop appropriating weed culture. Books are for losers anyway. What is it 1850?
>>
>>25931046
Hard to get past all the Mexican landscape terms but once I started to just ignore it, I really really enjoyed it.
>>
I like literature but I don't read because it's near impossible to find a good book between all the over rated shit and the pretentious bullshit. It's harder than finding good films.
I mean, the Hobbit? Really? You give NEETs a bad name. That's some high school tier shit.
>>
>>25931820
>I like literature but I don't read

Do you even realize how stupid you sound? It's very clear that you dislike "over rated and pretentious bullshit" because you don't understand it. Reading The Hobbit is better than thinking that you're above reading.
>>
>>25931922
I don't read but I used to. I stopped because I can't find good shit to read. Your argument is as shitty as your taste, too. I've got perfect reading comprehension.
You don't even need to be too intelligent to understand The Hobbit. A 14 years old kid can understand it perfectly.
>>
>>25932000
Maybe you're just shitty at finding things to read. The fact that you can't find anything interesting out of the thousands of years of written text tells me that you don't like to read. Also you dislike pretentious books but you think that a good work of literature has to be hard to understand?
>>
>>25932066
Not hard to understand but I'm not getting entertained by something that doesn't make me put my brain to use. It's like watching a Captain America movie.
Besides, that's exactly my point. There's million of books so even if 10% of them were worth reading (a huge overestimation) I'd come across 90% of millions of books worth shit; and those also happen to be the most famous ones.
>>
File: stthomas.jpg (17KB, 236x222px) Image search: [Google]
stthomas.jpg
17KB, 236x222px
>>25932123
>Not hard to understand but I'm not getting entertained by something that doesn't make me put my brain to use. It's like watching a Captain America movie.

I'm too smart to enjoy literature, that's why I come to r9k instead. Wagecuck threads require me to use my brain.
>>
>>25932123
I guess that's a good point, but I think your criticism of the OP is uncalled for. Autists are into escapism, which the fantasy genre is very good at. Even though OP is reading The Hobbit now, it might lead him to more difficult books in the future. Remember book fairs and the times when your mom would let you get one book at Barnes and Noble and it was never enough? I can't crush that happiness in an anon just because the book he's reading isn't patrician enough.
>>
https://rokkathetranslation.wordpress.com/

tfw reading anime light novels. W E W
>>
File: 1453338815751.png (38KB, 1016x932px) Image search: [Google]
1453338815751.png
38KB, 1016x932px
>>25932221
OP here Im just reading for the sake of entertaining myself and childhood nostalgia. Fuck that dude though I just love reading fantasy and sci-fi. Getting into some Lovecraft too as well.
>>
>>25931046
Reading Blood Meridian currently, loving it so far
>tfw the Judge gives his speech about war
knowing that man existed irl without McCarthy even having to exaggerate his features gives me chills
>>
Battle Royale, after watching the movie.
>>
>>25930997
Currently reading the memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant, the wise mans fears, and steal the sky. Oh and I'm almost done with the first law
>>
>>25931194
dude FUCK democracy
*smokes weed*
Seriously, you're telling me you're actually okay with Chad, Stacy, Tyrone, and the other normies having any influence in policy-making?
I thought you were better than this, robots. Here, I suggest you read this http://www.thedarkenlightenment.com/moldbugs-open-letter/
>>
Reading Baudelaire's "Les Fleurs du Mal."

Depressing shit. Really depressing shit.
>>
>>25931493
Sorry for slow reply, anon, work a shit

Anyway, i'm only into the first volume because i'm trying to get versed in everything type moon. One of my friends called me a secondary because I've only played Fate/Extra and watched all the Ufotable TM anime.

Fate Apoc is seeming pretty badass so far, though. Semiramis is my favorite
>>
>>25931395
Fuuck yea I do
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.