[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it really better to have loved and lost than to have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: fuck.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
365KB, 500x275px
is it really better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
>>
yes it is

because at the very least, you can convince yourself to be better in hopes of living it again
>>
>>25910362

This.

As someone who has never felt even the slightest passing crush on someone the emotional void of not loving and not being loved is very, very cold.
>>
File: 1448178200908.gif (430KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448178200908.gif
430KB, 600x450px
>>25910362
>mfw I've never really loved anyone
>closest I've come is great respect to family
>>
It's really hard to measure. I mean sure, you have positive memories, which is something the former doesn't have, but it's hard to determine whether they outshine all the horrible memories too. One could say that love is like a drug, and withdrawals are definitely worse than just not doing the drug in the first place.
>>
File: 1452985594216.gif (385KB, 254x144px) Image search: [Google]
1452985594216.gif
385KB, 254x144px
>>25910362

>you still dream about of her
>you still remember her smell
>you still imagine yourself waking up by her side
>you still remember feeling loved
>>
>>25910338
As someone who has lost, I'd say its better to have never had.

Before I knew those feelings of being in a relationship, it didn't hurt me at all for not knowing them. It was something I could never relate to and it didn't phase me because I had no reference at all.

Losing them lets you know the pain of not having someone. There are nice memories, but I'd say the painful gap outweighs the happy memories.
>>
In every relationship I've had the love has faded very quickly. "Loss" was never hard. After going through this a few times I can't find the determination to find love again.
You have to come to these conclusions yourself though.
We don't all feel things the same.
Some of us aren't meant to love.
>>
>>25910338

I'd give you my memories, good and bad in exchange for ridding myself of them.
>>
Is unrequited love counted for this saying?
>>
>>25910338

It's way better to have never loved at all.
>>
>>25910338
Better to never have loved at all.
>>
>>25910450
This.
I was happy, then. Before she came to my life.
>>
I wish I could forget.
>>
No, its a myth
>>
>>25910338
No! It is better to not know what you're missing out on.
>>
Yes, but it hurts more
>>
Ignorance is bliss

fullfuckingstop
>>
>>25910338
sex is the by far the most important part of love and yeah, it's better to have sex than not have sex
>>
>>25910338
true love is a very special thing

I'd say it is worth it to have felt it than to never have felt it all, even if it hurts after

Noone can ever take away from the beautiful times we have had and I will never regret that
>>
>>25911094
>sex is the by far the most important part of love
that's wrong though
>>
I dunno, 50/50. I think it depends on how emotionally resilient you are. It hurts so much to lose love. But, I feel like more of a human being having felt what it's like. Hope I get to experience that feeling again one day.
>>
>>25911101
Noone can also take away from you the eternal pain. Nothing can help you. It will never be better. You will spend every moment when you're not distracted by something wishing you could forget.
>>
>>25911126
how you figure? love would not exist without sex
>>
File: 1446575342500.jpg (74KB, 283x357px) Image search: [Google]
1446575342500.jpg
74KB, 283x357px
>>25911094
>sex is the by far the most important part of love
Found the literal twelve year old.
>>
>>25911159

lots of assumptions and declarative statements, none of which are really true

I would never want to forget it and I am often looking back in happiness rather than bitterness

that took quite a while, admittetly
>>
>>25911161
You might be right from evolutionary perspective, but in reality it's really not. You can masturbate any time you want, you can even have sex any time you want if you have at least some money. You can fuck drunk girls at parties and what not. It's shallow pleasure that feels good for a few moments, but it will never fulfill you. You could just as well just get drunk, do drugs or play video games.
Love is something else entirely and can exist without sex (although most people just choose to fuck because why not right?). Love fulfills you, makes you happy, not just for a few minutes, but potentially for ever. It helps your depression, it makes you a better person, it fixes you. The thought that someone actually cares about you, and you have someone to care about. The fact that you will never be alone in your life, that you will never have to deal with things alone. This is the most important part, not sticking your dick into a hole.
>>
>>25911161
Sex can exist without love though.
>>
>>25911224
I'm sorry, I can only talk from my own perspective and experience.
I'm glad you don't feel the same way though, nobody should.
>>
>>25911159
Go to sleep Ryan
>>
>>25910338
Fuckin' live forever. Then you'll probably find love again, and you never have to worry about falling in love.
>>
>>25911317
I'm not really Ryan, but I wish I could anon, I wish I could.
>>
>>25911165
Not him, but give me some tangible benefits to love that don't involve sex an can't be fulfilled by having a pet or a friend.
>>
this is a good question without a definite answer. i think even before i had gfs i was lonely. but after having had love and being someone who values romantic love very highly(it literally is one of the best feelings, better than heroin) it is very painful to not have it and to have what could be the most compatible girl ive ever known out of my life never to return.

but then again having been in a relationship and had love makes socializing easier with both sexes. you feel awkward and left out if you have never had relationships you cant talk about it with others. having been in relationships also make the next relationship a little easier to find and maintain, although i have terrible fucking luck no matter what.

if i had never had any gfs i think overall i would be more depressed now probably, but it would be a more generalized pain where as right now anything that triggers memories of my ex(which is pretty often) is a more acute pain.
>>
>>25911600
It probably depends on your friends/group of people you are in contact with. I am the only one out of our group of 4 autistic friends who has had a gf and been in love. So I never felt pressured to have a relationship since it was normal for me that I didn't have one. I think I was happier before, I never really thought about real girlfriend, I just had waifus and was pretty happy that way. It only went to shit after that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.