[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does r9k think of biohacking? You buy all the equipment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 3-UK-invitation-Biohacking.jpg (387KB, 1852x873px) Image search: [Google]
3-UK-invitation-Biohacking.jpg
387KB, 1852x873px
what does r9k think of biohacking? You buy all the equipment you need to genetically engineer animals from home on the internet. You can put magnets in your body to let you lift shit almost telepathically. Why not figure out a project that let's you add superior genes and become a chad?
>>
>>25899894
What the hell is 'biohacking'? tell me more. never heard of it before
>>
>>25899894
Something exclusively done by redditors still stuck in the 14 year old "le science" mindset. You can't genetically engineer animals from home, nobody is doing that. Cutting a hole in your finger and sticking a magnet in does not give you telepathy. It gives you a non sterile lump of metal that will come loose and shift uncomfortably about your body. Occasionally small change will get stuck to you.

If you want to work in biology, that's fucking great, get your ass to Uni and then work in research. This is all just meme bullshit.
>>
File: 1358127929494.gif (4KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1358127929494.gif
4KB, 344x326px
>>25899971
>It gives you a non sterile lump of metal that will come loose and shift uncomfortably about your body
absolutely terrifying
>>
>>25900137
How old are you? How could you possibly thinking cutting open your finger and shoving a magnet inside could be a good idea? I'm a fucking retard. I woke up screaming last night because I thought there was bees in my head, and even I think it's a bad idea. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>25899971
You sound like an ass desu.

Still, this does sound like it would kill you.
>>
>>25899929
biohacking is basically either
a. DIY implants(like magnets for example)
2.supplements to make yourself smarter,stronger,etc
3.Altering animal through surgery or genetic modification
>>25899971
gene mods exist dude
http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/67/genetic-pain-management/p1
>>
>>25900176
>How old are you? How could you possibly thinking cutting open your finger and shoving a magnet inside could be a good idea?
i don't?

doesnt mean the concept isn't terrifying
>>
>>25900203
I'm not an ass for pointing out you're a fucking idiot
>>25900209
That link proves nothing. It's a bunch of people discussing potential for genetic resistance to pain with secondary school tier understanding of the underlying biology. Nobody is performing genetic modification at home. It's on the very frontiers of science, the human genome is incredibly complex and we do not yet have a reliable method of implanting genes into humans.
>supplements
So "biohacking" is taking fish oil supplements now? Told you this was some reddit meme bullshit. Bunch of autistic roleplayers.
>>
>>25899894
Reported for underage :^)

To be honest with you family
>>
>>25900337
http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/913/adding-genes-to-zebrafish-embryos-newbie-help-plz#Item_3
adding genes to a zebrafish is genetic engineering dude
>>
>>25900461
That is a thread where a kid asks how he can make his zebrafish glow for a school science project only to be told it's not possible on his budget or level of expertise. You can't afford the sort of equipment you're talking about for any of this, you can't be on the bleeding edge of biological science without even studying it full time.
>>
File: smugshrek.jpg (955KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smugshrek.jpg
955KB, 1500x1000px
>>25899971
>Occasionally small change will get stuck to you.
kek

>>25899894
What's going on in that picture? Are they extracting union juice to inject into themselves?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.