[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's really, really tough having no friends. I used to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1448853556604.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1448853556604.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
It's really, really tough having no friends.

I used to have two real, honest friends in high school. We were all robots, we always had each others' backs, it was great.

I'm now over two years into college and I haven't made a single friend, it's really getting to me now. I feel like I'm not even part of this world anymore, I've been diagnosed with depression and I'm on SSRIs but they don't help much. I just wish I had some real friends, that's all I want. Life is so fucking meaningless without friends.

I'm reminded now of Harlow's "Pit of Despair" experiment where they put a monkey into an isolated box for a long time, and after a while the monkey always goes insane.

I wonder how much longer I will be able to go on like this. Unlike monkeys, humans understand the concept of death, they understand that by killing themselves they can escape suffering. Eventually I'm bound to reach that point, there's no doubt in my mind.

I think 4chan might be the only thing keeping me alive at this point. You guys are the closest things I have to friends.
>>
Why don't you catch up with your friends from high school sometime?
>>
college for two years and still no friends wtf?

surely you talk to some people there
>>
Alcohol always sees me through my bad times.
>>
>>25899150
Society has broken down.
>>
File: 142677233.png (164KB, 599x586px) Image search: [Google]
142677233.png
164KB, 599x586px
>
I used to have two real, honest friends in high school

I never even had that
>>
>>25899213
The lights are on but nobody is home. The wheels are spinning but we are going nowhere.
>>
>>25899203
I do but I have nothing in common with anybody, they think I'm a weirdo, they want nothing to do with me.
>>
>>25899203
Anxiety is powerful.
>>
>>25899235
I'm sorry anon, I imagine the only thing worse than having no friends is never having friends.
>>
>>25899244
>I have le social anxiety xD
>>
>>25899244
It's not really anxiety that's the problem, I just can't make friends. There's always some barrier between everyone I've talked to, I can tell they want nothing to do with me, they have other people they would rather do things with, more fun people, people they have more in common with.
>>
>>25899342
I don't take initiative to have friends. Too much of a chore for me. I guess I'm just too lazy haha
>>
File: image.jpg (626KB, 1054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
626KB, 1054x1500px
I want friends but Im never satisfied with the people I know and everything seems forced, not a natural friendship but a social alliance made out of sheer terror of solitude.
>>
File: Tailsc.jpg (66KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
Tailsc.jpg
66KB, 640x479px
>>25899262
I wouldn't say I've never had friends ever but never a real friend. The only kind worth having imo.
>>
>>25899150
Start going to clubs or some shit? Parties?
>>
Don't kill yourself buddy, you will always have us. Just suffer through college, get a cool job, make money, for yourself, FOR YOU
>>
>>25899150
I can be your friend, anon. I have no friends as well.
I have also been that monkey.
>>
>>25899194
I still talk to them on Skype every now and then, but we're all busy and far away from one another, I still love them but it really isn't the same.

At this point we've pretty much accepted that we are all going our separate ways in life. Our high school days aren't going to magically come back.

Also, they have made other friends since high school it seems. Something seems to be wrong with me and me alone.
>>
>>25899632
how can r9k be more of a friend if you still talk to them?
>>
>>25899563
Been there, I can't do it, it just doesn't work for me. I black out drunk before I can break the ice with anyone. Even when I'm drunk I feel that impenetrable barrier between myself and whoever I am talking to, I can tell nothing is going to work.
>>
>>25899262
Actually if you never had any friends you wouldn't know how it feels like to have someone to talk to. If you used to have friends and now don't you can see all the normies with their friends and know how it felt one time...
>>
>>25899661
Like I said we're busy a lot, I'll get in contact with them once every few months, I talk more on /r9k/ than I do with them now.

They're still my friends, definitely, nothing can replace them, but I talk to them so infrequently it's as if they aren't even there. A conversation every few months is not enough to keep a human sane.
>>
File: image.png (303KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
303KB, 500x381px
>>25899150
I'm literally on the same boat as you anon
>bullied all throughout middle school
>changed schools
>met awesome friends in high school
>tfw true friendship
>Graduation came, we said our goodbyes and we all went to different colleges
>in my fourth term in college, still no friends
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>25899150

The only friend you need is the one you see in the mirror every morning.

You should be using others instead.
>>
>>25899203
I'm graduating in 3 months and have never had friends past the first 3 weeks of college

if you fail to make friends in the first few weeks, you're pretty much dead in the water
everyone's already formed small groups and never leaves them
so anyone who sits/eats alone is going to stay like that
>>
I stopped talking to my last friend 2 years ago

I'm just waiting for death
>>
>>25899150
>It's really, really tough having no friends.

not if you're a neet
>>
>>25899713
I guess that doesn't sound too great but at least you got to experience high school with good friends. I'll never be able to say that.
>>
>>25899342
this is true
i don't have friends because i don't like/understand normie things
-Hey anon have u seen that whore nudes?
-n-no....
-WOW BRO do you live in a cave? it's impossible you haven't seen don't you have friends on whatsapp?

that literally happened to me a few weeks ago
>>
>>25899203
I went three years without a friend there. How the fuck I didn't hang myself I do not know.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.