[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /antidepressants/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

File: Ebba_zingmark.jpg (490KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ebba_zingmark.jpg
490KB, 1280x960px
Been on 20mg of Citalopram for a month. My mood's a bit better, but I'm sleeping 20 hours a day, and I've quit my job. I have no energy to do anything.

Have any of you had experience with Wellbutrin, or other dopamine uptake inhibitor drugs? I feel as if I'm missing dopamine, as I have no motivation. I'm going to ask for them this week at the doctors.
>>
>>25897569
>sleeping 20 hours a day feeling good
Enjoy your brain damage.
>>
I was on wellbutrin for a while. weird stuff. i quit smoking without even trying and had the strangest dreams. it also really fucked up smoking weed for me. i would say probably stick with it for a few more months or switch meds because 20hrs of sleep a day is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>25897569
clomipramine here also sleeping a shitload of a hours a day. but always feel hopeless
>>
>>25897569
I was on Citalopram for about 2 years and I've been off it for about 6 months.
Wish I'd never started on it. Made me constantly sleepy, killed my sex drive, made me totally unmotivated. It was a bastard to come off of as well, even just lowering the dose gave me head zaps and wild mood swings.
>>
>>25898188

fucked up in what way? when i smoked weed with someone when i was taking wellbutrin i creeped them out because i couldnt stop opening and closing my hands
>>
>>25898305
I'm only on 20mg, so I'm hoping I can drop to 10mg for a week, then come off completely.
I can't get any work done, and I want to get into university again. Need to fix myself fast.
>>
>>25898531
Yeah, don't get stuck on them. I thought I couldn't manage without them.
>>
>>25897569
>>25898188
>>25898305
>>25898531
I was heavily depressed with
Cocaine, weed, alcohol and pills addictions.
I was on the verge of suicide.
Until I found Jesus.
He changed my life completely,
I'm addiction and depression free
He even prepared a devout Christian gf
I know I don't belong here anymore
I'm still here just to talk about Jesus
For anyone willing to listen.
He loves your soul so much.
>>
>>25898623
They gave me the exact same effects as threshold levels of MDMA for the first 2 weeks, but I feel as if the effect has worn off enough that they're not worth taking anymore.

>>25898707
Thank you for the advice, I'm glad you've found happiness.
If I could believe in God, I would. It sounds comfy.
>>
>>25898531
you should really ask for something else. citalopram is an entry-tier anti-anxiety medicine, it made me suicidal and 'numb' and I was only on it for 6 months, took me two years to get rid of that feeling and around a year to get my sex drive back.
>>
I was on Citalopram once. 10gr did nothing for me. Increasing the dosage from 10 gr to 20 induced some sort of seizure, brain scan and EEG revealed traces of photosensitive epilepsy, I stopped taking the meds and I can stare at a stroboscope just fine
>>
I was on Wellbutrin once. It made everything 10x worse, and I got off it after two weeks.
>>
>>25898819
>>25898819
Jesus wants you to find happiness too
There's no cure for depression
People live all their lives on strong meds
With terrible side effects,
Read Psalms 37.
Google it if you don't have a Bible
You need to feel it.
>>
>>25897569
I am currently on 150mg Wellbutrin. It's pretty good if you lack any sort of drive. It motivated me to get my life together. Made a lot more agressiv too. It doesn't kill the sex drive /bonder as all ssri did for me. It ruined smoking weed for me tho, always get anxious now.

I'd say give it a go if you need a kickstart to turn your life arround.
>>
>>25897569
100-150mg zoloft past 3 years.
>>
>>25899175
I'm missing drive and motivation. I want to be able to sit down, listen to comfy music and study physics.

Do you think it could help me do this? I currently just sleep, lay in my bed, procrastinate, and feel depressed.
>>
>>25899002
meant mg
>>
10mg Lexapro. To be honest it's actually pretty great so far, even though I'm only on week 2. I'm actually able to enjoy shit again and not have to worry about my emotions controlling me like usual.
>>
>>25899225
hmm let's say it like that, it will give you the urge to do something. But you need some willpover to focus. I got very inpatient on it. If you drink coffee it feel kinda like an amphetamine high. Can make you nervous aggressiv. But all in all it had a positiv effect on me, it's not for everyone though.
>>
>>25899350
>It's not for everyone though
Yes, if you have anxiety problems it will just exacerbate them to bad levels.
>>
>>25899350
Thank you for the advice.

I have willpower, I'm just currently tired all of the time.
You don't feel the need to sleep 24/7 on Wellbutrin, I'm hoping?

Also, what sort of nervousness do you get on it? Things like social anxiety?
>>
>>25899225

wellbutrin just makes you angry and energetic

its no replacement for amphetamine

i cant imagine too many people can benefit from wellbutrin

its basically saying you would rather be stressed instead of sleepy
>>
>>25899454
as >>25899421 said it can exacerbate feelings of anxiety, It's hard to explain. It gave myself more of a fight or flight kinda feeling.

It's very energising. But you have to learn to focus the regained engery or you will be easily frustrated.
>>
>>25899549
I sleep for 20 hours, go downstairs, and immediately want to go back to sleep. I'm bored of not doing anything for days at a time.

As long as I have energy, I don't mind if I'm stressed. I never feel stress in my day-to-day life. If I felt stressed more often, I'd probably have done my university coursework and revision.

>>25899615
Since I've been on SSRIs I've felt fearless. Been exploring this abandoned mental asylum with my friend at night. It's nice being so relaxed in such a creepy unnatural place. But it's also a little boring, I want to feel fear and have some emotions back.
>>
>>25898707
I imagine being broken to the point of believing such bs
>>
>>25900357

I've been on SSRIs for a month or so with no positive effect, only side effects. Sleep 13 hours, still tired, weak, dry mouth, etc...

I'm switching to a new med, some SNRI which might help, unlike citalopram which i took before.

From what my doc told me OP, just try out meds for a month or two and if they don't work or the side effects are too much switch to a different one.
>>
I've been on lexapro 20 mg for 1 1/2 years now
No side effects except
>dream every night
>sleep 10 hours
>lost all sex drive ever
>grades went from 2.0 to 3.75
>overall positive or indifferent mood

I never want to get off of SSRIs
>>
>>25899549
I take wellbutrin. Without it I just want to stay in bed all day. I literally have no energy to do anything.

Wellbutrin doesn't do a ton for my mood, but it does get me out of bed doing shit all day long. The mood lift comes from doing normal things.

The anger is a problem, but as long as I'm aware of it I can easily control it. It's not really "anger", it's more like being snappy with people. Like my normally long fuse has been cut short. When you try to be more aware of your emotions, though, the fuse may be shorter but the burn is slower.

Nervousness and stress, I don't really get those. It gives me a slight tremor, dehydration (just need to drink more water), and some tinnitus.

Amphetamines are probably much better and much more pleasant, but good luck getting a doctor to prescribe amphetamines to treat low energy/depression.
>>
>>25900622
Same here
>overall positive or indifferent mood
Literally the best part about it. It's so fuckin nice.
Except I still have my sex drive, it just takes a bit more to get going and a bit more to end things.
>>
>>25900622
I have dreams every night aswell. It only happened when I started taking 100mg of Seroqul and 40mg of Lovan
>>
>>25900730
Also I have no side affects taking my medication, except dreams. I feel a little more happy. Less suicide thoughts. And I sleep very well.
>>
>>25900622
how tired are you on lexapro? on citalopram I'm too tired to do anything at all
>>
200mg of zoloft. I feel apathetic
>>
>>25900770
Not that anon, but I was tired as fuuuckk the first week but after you keep taking it, it is alleviated. Also, taking it 3 hours before bedtime is a huuuge key to not just being dead all day.

Overall, not terrible but not as energized as I was before the meds.
>>
>>25900713
yes like, im so happy to just not be sad that being positive and indifferent is beautiful
the sex drive thing can be a bitch but my SO doesnt mind all that much since they say theyd rather me be happy and just take some time to get going

>>25900730
the dreams are nice. it took a bit to get used too but ive only had one or two nightmares maybe so i don't really care

>>25900770
Went from sleeping 7 or 8 to 9 or 10 hours. Not too tired but it takes me extra to get going in the mornin but i just lay in bed for a half hour listening to some music than i can move and then drink a cup or two of coffee. definitely worth my mental state being ok though
>>
I'm on 300mg wellbutrin daily. I have the kind of depression that makes me incredibly tired instead of anxious/with insomnia. also obviously the kind that makes me feel like shit about myself, suicidal, etc.

I've been taking it for two years now. This is what I've noticed:
>shaky hands/general twitchiness
I'm pretty tiny as is so that might be why this happens, but I have ridiculous tremors (especially in my hands) to the point at which it's difficult to write things sometimes (especially if stressed/hungry/tired), or do my nails, thread a needle, etc. it's kind of alarming sometimes but this isn't so bad
>loss of appetite
I often forget to eat because this medication completely kills my appetite. this is a good thing and I've lost so much weight now that I'm reasonably underweight. It's easy to maintain a good figure. But sometimes I won't realize that I haven't eaten for hours on end and will start feeling faint/dizzy.
>energy
Fuck, so much energy. Wellbutrin is amazing for this. I used to have trouble getting out of bed and walking around for even ten minutes a day. now I can eat practically nothing and still get a decent workout in every other day.
>increased mania
I wasn't diagnosed as bipolar, because I had never really had any manic episodes, but since having been on this drug I have noticed that I'm not really happier exactly, but I get into moods where I feel like I'm superhuman or invincible or better than everyone. pretty standard grandiose self-important delusions. Again, it's not happiness, but I'll take this over a different medication any day. It's more productive.
>increased recklessness
I'm sure this has to do with the mania, but I take a lot more risks now and I drink probably a little too much.

[cont]
>>
>>25900707
If you sleep 20 hours a day and still feel tired, and you don't feel really depressed, then that's hypersomnia. Not normal at all. Any decent doctor or psy will try a stimulant (depending on your medical history).
Get treated.
>>
>>25901009
>impatience/emotional distancing
I rarely "feel" anything toward anyone anymore except for annoyance. I used to have infinite patience with those who are close to me (and would listen to their problems if they needed someone to do that), but now whenever a friend comes to me with some problem that they're having I get incredibly irritable and have to work really hard not to dismiss them or put them down in some way.
>lack of concern for others' feelings
Sort of going off the last thing but I'm much more of a bitch now than I was when I was ill and not taking medication for it. (by this I mean my thoughts are far more judgemental and angry than they used to be, I still try to be a good person but any sense of guilt that I have is slowly fading away)

I honestly feel like I'm losing myself a little bit, but I have been severely depressed since I can remember so I'm not sure if that's true.

So OP, if you want to turn into a fit, twitchy, manic sociopath then I would recommend wellbutrin

feel free to ask me anything else
>>
>>25900796
>tfw 250g here

feels bad man
>>
I'm on prozac,abilify and klonopin
It's OK
I still wanna die
>>
These pills can fry your brain. So many doctors are way, way too eager to prescribe them.

These are strong drugs and we still don't know everything about them. Many people have had bad effects.
>>
Stooooooooooop takkkiiiiingggg pharmaaaaceuticallllsssssssss fuck sakes do your homework
>>
>>25901287
>These pills can fry your brain.
[citation needed]

But SSRIs have made me a better person and I couldn't be happier that I tried them. Before my mind would race with negative thoughts constantly, which lead to a lot of self loathing and eventually suicidal thoughts that gradually got more vivid.

Now I can actually enjoy my days. I'd rather risk shortening my life than spending it wanting to end it.
>>
>>25901301
then what do i do instead?
>just lift bro, go outside and bee yourself
>>
>>25901009
>>25901125
It sounds amazing to have energy to do things. I haven't felt energetic in 10 years.

Would you be able to sit down and read a book, or do some maths, or write a story? Anything intellectual for long periods of time?
>>
File: 1443989870909.png (35KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
1443989870909.png
35KB, 805x556px
>>25901422
>Just beeeeeee yourself bruh, works for me every time.
>>
>>25901414
People who spew nonsense like that have already fried their brains with LSD, Weedlmaodude or shrooms.
>>
>25897569

I experienced the same problem but it can be fixed. you just need to keep a regular sleep schedule, avoid regular booze and/or weed and workout a couple times a week, even if it's only light cardio.

I started Prozac a little over 6 months ago. Things were amazing for a while, I became more social had more energy, actually got excited about things again, etc.

Then I decided to switch career paths and landed a nice job, but I had two months before it started so I decided to take a long vacation to enjoy the "new me".

Hanging out with friends, drinking, smoking, sleeping late, skipped the gym, got tattoos, played lots of vidya. Then the fatigue started setting in. Same as you, I could sleep all day and NEVER feel rested. Started feeling hopeless, no motivation, etc.

Started new job with regular schedule and don't have time to party or sleep late anymore but all my energy is back and I'm happy again.

Just get on a schedule somehow, your body has other chemicals fluctuating through it in addition to any meds you might be on. Things don't work right if they're constantly in flux.
>>
>>25901457
Holy shit, yes. I'm able to get through several hours on end of studying
>>
>>25901513
I've never done any of those drugs and you have yet to produce a citation stating that SSRIs can cause brain damage.
>>
>>25901607
I've never claimed that they do, my friend.
>>
>missing dopamine
Find out by start lifting. If it's dopamine, any intense exercise will cure your depression.
>>
>>25901593
I'm sold, thank you anon
I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow for an appointment.
Already started cutting down on my Citalopram.
If I can't get Wellbutrin on the NHS, I'll have to buy it from the deepweb
>>
got sertaline (SSRI) 200mg but I stopped taking it after a few month because except a few side effects it didn't do anything.
Now I'm thinking about looking for a therapist and maybe trying some other meds, but I don't have much hope that it could make things better
>>
>>25901673
good luck! orgiinal comment
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.