[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/soylent/ is the perfect food. Why aren't you eating Soylent

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (383KB, 630x356px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
383KB, 630x356px
/soylent/ is the perfect food.

Why aren't you eating Soylent or a clone of equal quality?

- no dishes apart from 1 plastic bottle
- no shopping for groceries
- great nutritional profile
>>
>>25895568
doesn't it cause health problems if it's all you have? Apparently you need solid food too.
Good idea though, although it's more expensive than just buying nutrient dense foods that you enjoy. Who the fuck cares about dishes.
>>
>>25895691
I replace about half my meals with it, especially junk food.

If you factor in gasoline, public transportation, or wasted food because it spoiled, Soylent is about the same price as regular food
Unless you're really disciplined and never let anything go to waste of course
>>
>>25895568
its people
>>
>>25895691
Tried it for a month, 90% soylent diet. No health problems whatsoever. Gonna buy some more thanks for reminding me desu
>>
>>25895568
I'm honestly considering buying this because I'm extremely lazy. How much does it cost ? What does it taste like ?
>>
>>25895568
I prefer schmilk
waaay cheaper, and better
>I want my milky now!!!!!
>>
how does it taste? These type of whey shit usually tastes disgusting to me
>>
>>25896811
kind of like bland cheerios
>>
>>25896811
schmilk tastes kind of like a protein shake with milk in it
>>
It's full of maltodextrin.
>>
>>25895568
It's pure shit.

Real robots eat dines.
>>
File: 1453320749972-1538109809.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1453320749972-1538109809.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Implying I don't have this and two more in my cupboard.

Got 2.0 because I couldn't handle the taste of 1.5 how to people do it?
>>
File: 0x600.jpg (33KB, 621x600px) Image search: [Google]
0x600.jpg
33KB, 621x600px
>>25896758
I use the Czech Soylent clone "Mana"

http://mymana.eu/
It's about 2.50 EUR for one meal

I tried three European Soylents and Mana was the best, with the most neutral taste.

One general thing to remember is:
Don't forget to drink enough water
>>
File: a clockword meme.jpg (52KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
a clockword meme.jpg
52KB, 404x404px
>>25896534
I only came to this thread to see this reply. I can leave now.

/thread
>>
>>25896811
>how does it taste?
Mana tastes like oat meal with a hint of vanilla
I hear the original Soylent is similar

Not bad honestly
>>
Fedora "food"
>>
>>25897031
It looks like a protein shake in public. It's really not, also you count calories on Soylent meaning you might lose weight.
>>
>>25896716
Genuine question: how's your shits?
>>
seems overpriced. weve had meal replacement shakes and weight gain powders for ages. you could just get one of those mass gainers and take a multivitamin and it would be about the same. soylent did a real good job marketing though.
>>
>>25897133
this desu, why deprive yourself of normal cheap food that tastes nicer than this when you can just take a multivit
>>
>>25897133
Mine came to 180$ with like 5 meals not accounted for a month. How much do you spend on food? Statistics say the low average is about 230$ a month.
>>
>>25897133
>you could just get one of those mass gainers
Those were balanced for sports and body building
>>
Because it's people.
>>
>>25897133
Next month, go ahead and count exactly how much you spend on food.

Unless you're actually really careful about it, I can bet it's gonna be higher than 180$
>>
>>25897177
i probably spend like 200 or so. even if it were slightly more economical to eat just soylent there is no way id do it, i actually like cooking and eating nice food. i can see having it semi-regularly though when you dont feel like cooking or cleaning. but again, i would just buy some mass gainer powder, they usually come with plenty of protein, fat, and vitamins.
>>
Nobody eatsdrinkswhatever dat shit. Fuck off fedora hipsters and shills.
>>
>>25897177
lol as one person, i can spend 30-40 on groceries for the month. However my eating would have to be strict, and no beverages other than water.
>>
>>25897191
for the most part ya, but they aren't one monolithic style product. you can find one that contains less fat and calories. mrp shakes would also fit the bill though those tend to be just as expensive as soylent.
>>
>>25897296
>Nobody
You realize that only one person is sufficient to disprove your universal claim?
>>
>>25897416
>being this autistic
Of course not literally nobody is doing this crap.
>>
>>25895568
>- great nutritional profile
false, it's garbage. you could make your own soylent though. this would be 100% natural with basically every vitamin you need:

> 1/2 liter orange juice
> 1/2 liter milk
> 10 grams gelatin powder
> 10 grams unflavored whey or casein protein powder
> 10 grams sugar (optional)
> 1/3 teaspoon salt
> 1 raw egg yolk
>>
>>25898506
Wouldnt this taste like absolute shit though? Also mixing orange juice and milk is not a very bright idea.
>>
>>25899152
>Wouldnt this taste like absolute shit though?
probably. i don't enjoy the taste of milk to begin with though. the gelatin and whey would be relatively flavorless so the issue would arise with the milk + OJ combination

>Also mixing orange juice and milk is not a very bright idea.
why?
>>
Food is one of the few joys in my life. Why would I ever avoid enjoyment?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.