[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
anyone here go to a therapist?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 377796726.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
377796726.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
anyone here go to a therapist?

thinking about going to one. i signed up for a depression study and i have to go to a screening session where i will potentially get diagnosed with depression on friday.

i don't think they can help though. i don't think anyone can help, but maybe i'm just pessimistic.
>>
>>25894599
>paying for someone to pretend to care about you

You'd have better luck picking up a hooker and having a talk with her after you fuck. It'd be cheaper, and she won't report you to the police for things you say.
>>
I went to the docs to see if they could do anything about my depression and they gave me a number to call and book group therapy sessions

Kinda curious as to what it's going to be like.
>>
>>25894732
It depends who's the group therapist.
If it's a bad one they'll just let one group member talk the whole time and dominate the session.
>>
>>25894661
>paying for someone to pretend to care about you
this

don't get diagnosed with depression either, it only fucks your life up more
>>
>>25894599
>2016
>still believing in the therapy meme
>>
>>25894661
OP here

i went to a hooker and she kind of rushed me out afterwards. i'm not even intimidating, i'm 5'7 and 155lbs. also white and she thought i was a college kid (showed her my old ID)
>>
>>25894960
>don't get diagnosed with depression either, it only fucks your life up more
how? does it raise insurance or something?
>>
>people actually believing the shit posters ITT

This board is great.
>>
File: 12158101.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
12158101.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>25896251

Have you ever been in a Psych Ward? I have, I bet you haven't. You get a real clear image of mental health "services". These people don't give a fucking shit about you. If they are about anything beyond their job, it's making sure you are not a threat to society, not your actual well-being.

When you involve politics into mental health, you get a dogshit service. I had to fake and lie my way out of the ward, otherwise I would have stayed there for weeks, maybe months. If I go now and pour my heart out to a psychologist, he will be freaked out and would probably even report me.

No one cares. You are on your own.
>>
>>25897113
i'm not mentally insane or anything of that sort. i just dont know what to do to make myself happy.

i'm not even ugly, i have a very easy low stress job that makes me more money than i know what to do with. i just buy food, rent, gas, gym membership, and health supplements (none of them fix the problem though)
>>
>>25896191
Next time agree to a set amount of time. >>25896216
Yes, and good luck getting some jobs.
>>25896251
Unaware normie fag
>>
>tfw literally too scared to call someone about my anxiety
>>
>>25897552
>Next time agree to a set amount of time
there won't be a next time, it's just not worth the money or effort to have sex with a condom on. it feels better just fapping

>Yes, and good luck getting some jobs.
eh i'm a programmer with a degree in business/econ. i wouldn't get a job doing anything but staring at a monitor anyway
>>
>>25897113
>>25894960
>>25894661
Isn't it the whole point is for someone to give you solutions for your problems and help you cope with all your emotional/mental issues? Sure it sucks they're more interested in your money than your well-being, but they're still trying to help you.
>>
>>25897619
No, they aren't supposed to give you suggestions at all. Just ask questions and let you talk.

>>25897607
I can understand that then. Good luck brobot
>>
>>25897581
Used to be the same way.
Couldn't talk over the phone and couldn't have someone else schedule appointments for me over the phone because you have to call directly.
>>
Everyone saying to not go in this thread has either never actually gone to a therapist or is a fuckwit who was too much of a sperg to actually be helped, I used to be a loser like the rest of you fucks.
Go OP, it will be the first step to normaldom for you, trust me when I say it's better on this side.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Thread DB ID: 442220

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.