[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do people find these activities fun: >dancing >playing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: photo.jpg (9KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
9KB, 252x252px
how do people find these activities fun:
>dancing
>playing music
>listening to live music
>watching sports (live or in a bar)
>basically whatever meme activity normies do to facilitate meeting new people

i'm not trying to insult anyone that enjoys these things. i am legitimately envious, i want to know why the fuck i can't do these things and enjoy myself.
>>
>>25891282

You're not comfortable in your own skin so it makes you uncomfortable being around lots of people who are comfortable in their own skin.
>>
>>25891296
what do you mean? i think i am confident with myself, those things just arent fun
>>
>>25891328

"I think"

You're not.
>>
>>25891282
Let's.flip the table

why does people on r9k enjoy
>watching anime
>play vidya
>shitpost
>listen to music
>basically any neet meme activity

it's a matter of personal preference,
and some of it is environmentally indoctrinated.
>>
>>25891335
why do you say that? i don't have anxiety, there isn't anything i would really care to change about myself besides being more easily entertained
>>
File: dropkix.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dropkix.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>25891282
I'm a 24yo kv and the best memories I have are visiting concerts. I don't even have friends to bring along but there is nothing better than live music.
>>
>dancing
Mostly when I'm drunk or high, I just move around and flail my arms and legs, pretty fun
>playing music
Don't play it, some enjoy it, some do it for the pussy
>listening to live music
If the band's good and they can make an atmosphere it's great, otherwise it's boring
You watch something that interests you with people you know, chilling and talking/commenting the game
>basically whatever meme activity normies do to facilitate meeting new people
There's rarely a deep reason for these things, you do them because they are enjoyable, if don't enjoy them don't do them.
>>
>>25891349
i enjoy video games & shows because they are more engaging than staring at a blank wall. i watch comedy tv shows (they make me laugh) rather than anime though
>>
>>25891389
> There's rarely a deep reason for these things, you do them because they are enjoyable, if don't enjoy them don't do them.
well i don't enjoy no gf, so i need to figure out how i can enjoy some activity that involves meeting girls
>>
>>25891390
that's how normies feel about sports, live music etc.
>>
>>25891506
how do i get like that? is it something i can achieve? i would gladly trade my current hobbies for something that would be more social if i could learn to derive even half as much pleasure from them
>>
>>25891614
you don't have to like the activity if you want the social aspect out of it.

if you really want to spend time with people, focus on the people more than the activity.

you don't even have to pretend to like it, just know enough to get by tbqhmyfam
>>
Parties in 90s were THE shit. Mainly gabber and beginnings of the industrial (Ministry, NIN). No pretentious shit, no selfies, no Chads and Stacys. No cut drugs, no retarded "don't dance too hard, I will look bad on the photos bullshit". It was all "Do what you want to do to enjoy yourself" kind of great animalism.

After the end of those scenes and their fall to the dollar side, I become shut-in. So I believe it is not mostly your personal fault, but fault of total failure of the partying.
>>
>>25891902
> it is not mostly your personal fault, but fault of total failure of the partying.
this. back when MXE was legal, i would take that shit and really want to go out and meet girls. then it got banned in a drug analogue act, the fancy chemists stopped making it and the quality suffered. i ordered it at least 10x from different batches after that and it was never the same. could have been my brain changing but i dont know for sure, my friends all agree that the pre-ban shit was the best drug they have ever done
>>
>>25891370
>dancing
As far as I can tell it is only fun if you are chad or one of his harem

>being more easily entertained
that's probably one of the reasons you aren't "getting it," playing music is a really complex thing to do, it's actually much a much more "difficult" form of entertainment for a person to be able to enjoy than to sit and watch anime. Same goes for listening to music, to a lesser degree. You have to follow the themes and development in the music, you cn't just sit there and expect to be entertained. Have you tried listening to Mozart? He has the most accessible (classical) music of all, I believe.
>>
I don't understand how people find singing in a group to be a fun activity.

You see normies doing that all the time. I don't get it, they don't even know the words beyond the chorus half the time.
>>
>>25892113
Only fun I've ever had with the public singing was in the army.
>>
>>25891282
>playing music

Playing music that you've created and are passionate about, whether alone or with others is probably the most incredible thing a person can experience.
>>
>>25891282

This is the only thing in your list I find fun. its because of the food senpai, how could you not like eating and watching sports
>>
>>25891282

Agreed with dancing and watching sports etc.

However I really like listening to music. I almost always have something on, mostly in the background. I play the guitar quite a lot as well so that probably has something to do with it.

Following on from that, I really like going to gigs. I usually go on my own, but there is something very special about seeing a band you like performing live.
>>
>>25892224
i like music too sometimes, but it's very personal to me so it's not something i consider a social activity. plus, the music i listen to isn't appealing to many girls. the fan-base is about 95-99% male
>>
>Dancing
Flow of music. Doing your own thing with others doing their own thing. Showing movement on the dance floor does help with the ladies,if you're smooth enough. Theres a catharsis everytime i go out on the dance floor. Not always good not always bad.

>Playing music
Flow,that creative state of satoiri. Which is really awesome when its a bunch of people working towards one thing.

>Live music
Kind of a combination of the two. Other than that drinking with live music amplifies each other. Social scene though,meeting people who are interested in the same music.

>Watching sports
Bloodlust. Smack talking. Vicarious competition. Also similar interests re:teams.

>Normie activity
Meeting people, doing stuff, having fun,laughing, "convention", self improvement, "for the hell of it"

If i may put an assumption about you OP.

You dont like doing these things becuase you arent good at them and assume you need to be an expert to have any fun.

Or maybe becuase you're a push over and often overlooked and these activities people will pay attention to you. And this attention worries you.

It worries you becuase theres power in attention, and now you are afraid of it becuase you've fucked it up too much.

But really, even as a frogposter there is no such thing as bad "pr" when it come to your self image. As long as its your true willful nature.
>>
>>25892499
>You dont like doing these things becuase you arent good at them and assume you need to be an expert to have any fun.
not really. i don't enjoy listening to music in general but it requires no skill. as for dancing, i never tried and never wanted to.

i was always one of the fastest runners in high school PE class but i didn't enjoy the sport even though the coach kept asking me to join the team. i am also good at programming, which is my job, but i dislike it and would not do it unless i got paid to. with that there's at least a guaranteed return, compared to playing music or dancing there is only the *chance* i would get a girl from it, and i just am not a musical person so it's not for me

i was also good at soccer, my parents forced me to play from age 10 to 18 but once i went to uni i didn't continue on with it.

>Or maybe becuase you're a push over and often overlooked and these activities people will pay attention to you. And this attention worries you.
eh, idk. it doesn't worry me but i don't get anything out of it. i do want a gf tho but everything i have to do to get one just seems like such a chore i just end up fapping and forgetting about it
>>
>>25891282
In order:
>they get drunk
>Not sure what you mean, like playing a musical instrument?
>they get drunk
>they get drunk
>they get drunk

Holy shit how old are you? I'm not even joking, this is actually how normies can stand those activities.
>>
>>25892837
i am 23 years old, i went to a concert last night and got drunk as fuck and i didn't enjoy it at all. in fact i have tried all of those things with alcohol involved as i didn't want to seem like a straightedge loser by not drinking despite that i do plenty of drugs i just find alcohol to be one of the least enjoyable

and yes, playing an instrument. i don't understand the appeal, i can't do it and experience pleasure from it; i have tried. not really a music person tho tbqh. wish i was, i really do
>>
>>25892923
Well, at least you tried it. I can guarantee that alcohol is the only reason a great number of those people find those activities enjoyable. I'm more or less in the same boat; I can kind of enjoy those activities if I'm drunk, but generally there's a ton of shit I'd rather to.

And I think playing a musical instrument is going to be not fun until you get pretty good at it, which takes dedication and work.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.