[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOBODY of YOU is autistic. stop this meme. i have worked with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: elvis-wedding-las-vegas-02.jpg (235KB, 931x610px) Image search: [Google]
elvis-wedding-las-vegas-02.jpg
235KB, 931x610px
NOBODY of YOU is autistic. stop this meme. i have worked with handicapped people includig autists for over a year. plese stop this lazy excuse of a i-am-like-sheldon-meme
>>
>>25889349
It's called hyperbole you autistic motherfucker

Only an autistic person would take everything literally. This is not hyperbole
>>
>>25889371
i am not autistic...fgt
>>
>>25889349
b-b-but i want to be
>>
It's a joke anon.

There are actually a decent number of diagnosed autists on the board, but we are high-functioning enough to use the internet, not the low-functioning individuals you likely worked with.
>>
>>25889349
>NOBODY of YOU
Perhaps none of us are, you clearly, however, are autistic enough to win the Special Olympics without ever succeeding in a single event, aren't ya?
>>
>>25889715
sorry, but i am not austistic...nor handicapped
>>
File: 1452531808911.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452531808911.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>25889349
Who is Sheldon? Another tripfag?
>>
>>25889733
Your reply to my comment doesn't change my mind and if anything makes me feel more strongly that yes, you are severely autistic.
>>
>>25889753
so if any response whatsoever has absolutely no impact on your opinion....why even sharing your thoughts on an board? and the bigger question is... why did you you came back to see if somebody responded? faggot
>>
File: euphoria.jpg (96KB, 576x792px) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.jpg
96KB, 576x792px
>>25889778
It's not that no response will change my mind, its that your responses specifically are an orgy of evidence of you being an insecure autist who can't face facts. From the way you capitalize nothing, to your horrid misuse of ellipsis, to your RANDOM use of ALL CAPS, even the general structure of your sentences all point to a general inability to connect to the outside world.

>tl;dr: Saying "I'm not autistic" won't convince anyone of that point if everything else you say contradicts that point.
>>
relaxe dude, english is not my motherlanguage. so please have mercy!
>>
File: autism.jpg (31KB, 480x638px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
31KB, 480x638px
>>25889349
>not understanding that Autism SPECTRUM Disorder is a SPECTRUM.
>claims to work with people with disabilities.
>le Autism is only for Intellectually Disabled mey mey
Clearly you have never heard of people with Asperger's Syndrome/High Functioning Autism
or as the DSM5 refers to it "ASD Level 1"
I actually have Autism. I have been diagnosed. I was even in Special Ed when I was in school.
This is either bait or you are a complete fucking idiot.
>>
>>25889954
the fact that you are an autist doesnt change the fact that the other 99% arent
>>
>>25890032
I never said that everyone here is on the spectrum or even that we make up a large portion of this board. What I was disputing was you statement that No One here is Autistic.
>"NOBODY of YOU is autistic."
That is just blatantly not true.
>>
>>25890091
i dont give a shit! can you imagine how angry i am reading every fucking day that some faggot calls himself autistic like its a meme?

i have seen autists starring at other people who are in deep pain or crying. just starring. doing nothing.
i have seen autist sitting in a corner counting days for 5 hours.
i have seen autists who tried to hold hands with me, but only if he wanted to. if i would have touched him he would have screamed like he is out of his mind.
i know there is a huge spectrum of autism.

but it just makes me angry if somebody says: "i am 18 and i cant talk to girls. i have autism"

i know there is a huge spectrum, but chances are very high you are just insecure instead of having a real serious "illness"
>>
>>25889349
I know how you feel, man.
My brother is actually autistic and people just think it's a meme.
4chan is getting out of hand
>>
>>25890137

>gets angry browsing a board on 4chan
>Keeps browsing it anyways and complains

Reminds me of those fucking idiots who cry about cyber bullying when they can just take Tyler the Creators advice and walk away from the screen.
>>
>>25890137
First off, "i dont give a shit!" what you've "seen" while working. You Are Neurotypical. You do not actually know what it is like to be Autistic.

"i know there is a huge spectrum, but chances are very high you are just insecure instead of having a real serious "illness""
I have been officially Diagnosed. I had an IEP and was in Special Education when I was in school. So, I do actually have Autism.
>>
>>25889349
>i am le wacky armchair psychologist i know what i am le dealing with
>>
>>25890202
>Neurotypical
Tumblr pls fuck off.
>>
File: PHwbr9p.jpg (118KB, 1438x1415px) Image search: [Google]
PHwbr9p.jpg
118KB, 1438x1415px
I'll assume you've actually worked with handicapped people and treat you like an authority on this.

I'm a 22-year-old who suspects that he has the sperg. 1. Do you think it's worth it to actually get diagnosed, or is there no point? and 2. Would you be willing to e-diagnose me?

>have a bouncy walk that centers on my toes; it gets pointed out a lot
>don't like eye contact, tend to either look someplace else or at some other part of a person's body while speaking
>slight lisp, some difficulty with volume control
>penchant for rambling/talking at people ad infinitum about my interests; friends when I was a kid would basically take turns ranting at each other about vidya or books or trivia
>penchant for categorizing/organizing information and trivia (science, history, etc.)
>poor motor control; handwriting is like a 4-year-old's, rather clumsy, bump into things a lot, took forever to learn how to do stuff like tie shoes, ride a bike, drive, hold utensils, etc.
>to this day, can't eat without making a mess
>often have difficulty entering or initiating a conversation because I don't know what it would be appropriate to say or how to time it
>extreme hypersensitivity to touch; rip all the tags off my clothes, go out of my way to avoid being hugged or patted, have been wearing socks inside-out since I was a toddler and used to cut the seams off, sometimes get floored by the fabric of my own clothes, HATE delicate touch (stroking, tracing, brushing, light pressure, etc.)
>extreme hypersensitivity to sound; have certain sounds that just make me want to throw a fit, like whistling or tapping, loud and high-pitched noises only seem to startle me and not my classmates, often have to wear earplugs or ear protection just to go to the cafeteria
>CONSTANT pacing, even in a small space, to the extent that it's one of the first things people notice about me
>constantly shake one leg, violently, particularly when I'm nervous
(CONT)
>>
>>25890137
Too fucking bad you fucking bitch baby ass motherfucker, learn to deal with shit.
>lol ur just inaecure
Woah, am I talking to a cuckold?
Cuckolds really are afraid of aspies then,
>>
>>25889349
My sister is autistic and she comes up with the dankest memes, some say she is gifted
>>
>>25890218
>thinking tumble created that term.
I've never even used tumbler in my life.
Fuck off reddit.
>>
It's the same thing as calling someone a fag. Doesn't mean they're homos.
>>
>>25889349
it is just a meme bro
>>
>>25890248
(CONT)
>have a penchant for picking at my lips, toenails, scabs, zits, etc., biting my nails, popping my joints a lot, grinding my teeth, and hitting myself lightly on the head, arm, or thigh
>catch myself talking to myself and repeating little phrases and mantras a lot
>sound-tactile synesthesia, grapheme-color synesthesia, ticker-tape synesthesia (spelling bees ftw), whatever the term for thinking of math and language spatially is
>still like to spin in circles
>serious issues keeping on top of organization and hygiene, need to make lists for myself
>collect coins, knives
>obsessed with children's cartoons to this day, to the extent that I can match hype with my 9-year-old cousin and largely have the same interests as her
>hordes of people telling me I'm "different" or "unique" throughout my life, which I'm pretty sure just means autistic

I mean, I'm functional, but the signs seem to be pretty obvious.
>>
>>25889349
Sorry to say, I've been diagnosed by one of the top psychotherapists in my country. Explains my whole life. Never fit in, everyone including my own family thinks I'm weird. Beautiful women would hit on me and you could count the seconds till I fuck it up. It's like my imagination takes over the conversation and the perfect scenario I see in my head takes over. I've spent almost my entire life alone. Nowadays, I like to be alone.
>>
>>25890336
you are mixing a lot of things that have nothing to do with being autistic.

for example: making a mess while eating...or shaking one leg when being nervous.

but i can tell you that: a lot of our autists are walking on their toes. i am not kidding... they are walking like they will jump every second. bouncy as you descriped it.

all the other stuff like biting nails, collecting things, spining in circles... come on...
>>
>>25890459
Then I should see somebody who lnows what the hell they're talking about, right? Or is there no point?
>>
>>25890450
top kek for living a meme
>>
>>25890470
you should see somebody who knows what YOU are talking about. that is for sure!

you are mixing things that are totally normal with stuff that is totally retarded...

please talk to somebody who can tell you the difference between beeing a teen and being insane
>>
>>25890499
>teen
I'm 22, dude. And I'm only curious about this because three separate people IRL who have a diagnosis have flat-out told me that they suspect I'm autistic.
>>
>>25890473
I don't mind you thinking it's funny, I do sometimes, but it's a little tragic too! I was making out with this 10/10 girl my friend put me together with. I hardly opened my mouth. Next time I saw her, I kept squeezing her hand harder and harder, and I'm a pretty big guy. I honestly don't know why I was doing it. I couldn't stop. I was laughing, but felt like crying at the same time. She finally pulled her hand away and called me an asshole. Dudes in the bar were looking like they were gonna jump me.
>>
>>25889349
So what, OP washes the bedsheets of retards and thinks he's a psychiatrist.
>>
>>25890530
so please talk to somebody who knows. but please dont tell him you shake your leg when you are nervous.
>>
>>25890558
i am not. i work as a social worker. in a facility for handicapped people. mostly blind OR autistic OR both.

my job is to figure out how these people can be trained to have a mostly independent life on their own OR if they have to spend the rest of their lifes in assisted living.

we are helping them with organizing their lifes, helping them finding a job, going to the doctor, taking their medicine. observe them. stuff like that
>>
>>25890558
if the organizations I've encountered are any indication, Op is most likely fresh off the plane from Africa and has no qualifications in this field except for work experience and some minimal on the job training. But, apparently in OP's mind, this makes him the top expert on ASD in the world. It also gives him the right to wage moral jihad from his moral high horse.
>>
>>25890656
i guess not. even if its only work experience....
>>
>>25890693
If your experience led you to the conclusion that NOBODY on r9k/ has an ASD, it didn't teach you much. At least, not about /r9k/.
>>
>>25890821
if you come to a place were almost everybody claims to have autism...its not unlikely that somebody says: fuck off you dont....

and that guy is me
>>
>>25890921
So next you're going to go over to Wrong Planet and tell everyone there that they are lying assholes too?
>>
>>25890821
I've encountered people like this before, they have no official schooling, minimal training, and only ever worked with people on the extremely low functioning end of the spectrum. They then somehow think that Everyone with Autism must be low functioning.
>>
>>25890966
no maybe i go to that place where everybody claims to be a virgin becaus they are manlets... and tell them that they are virgins because they fucked up. and it has nothing to do with their hight
>>
>>25890137
>calls himself autistic like its a meme
It is a fucking meme you cunt
>>
>>25891012
>trying to change the topic because he got BTFO
>>
ASD is more common than you'd think, especially on 4chan, and especiallier on [r9k]. As a mental health worker you should understand mental health is a spectrum. I'm asd:nos, high functioning special snowflake edition. I was certified retarded at 14 by psychologist and psychiatrist with a handful of comorbid bullshits like gad, adhd, and possibly bipolar, not officially dx'd on the last one, I guess they felt bad for me, but fuck it eat these pills for it off label anyway but not really wink wink.

I'm still fucking retarded, I just happen to be good at math and computers and nothing else. If it is a misdiagnosis it doesn't make me any less retarded. I have just enough self awareness to cringe and hate myself after I sperg out and throw a tantrum or spill spaghetti all over the place.

Also fuck Sheldon and big reddit theory. It's a show about making fun of autists but oh wait not really see they have gfs now so it's OK to laugh at the retards. It feels bad and it's unfair. Why don't we just do blackface on TV? It's the same level of insensitivity to niggers as it is to those who aren't neurotypical.
>>
>>25891053
i am not changing the topic i even told him/you i will continue on my rampage... telling people not to cry like bitches for reasons that are just made up excuses...next ones are manlets....
>>
>>25891242
Can I be frank with you? Just the way that you type and express yourself gives the impression that you're not very perceptive.
>>
>>25891242
>"reasons that are just made up excuses"
I have been officially diagnosed with ASD and various Learning Disabilities. I was in Special Education in school and had an IEP.
If you think that you some how are better able to judge what conditions I do or do not have (dispite the fact that you have no formal education and have never met me, nor do you know anything about me or my behavior) than a series of mental health professionals who have PHDs in the field and who did actual testing on me, then you are completely delusional.
Also, making diagnosis without proper education and certification is considered practicing medicine without a license.

>"if you come to a place were almost everybody claims to have autism...its not unlikely that somebody says: fuck off you dont.... and that guy is me"
So, as I said earlier, you're next you're going to go over to Wrong Planet and tell them they are full of shit and to go fuck themselves?
You are So full of your self and ignorant on the subject on which you speak.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.