[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

robots, I got nothing going for me. I can't land a decent

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

File: army.jpg (319KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
army.jpg
319KB, 800x600px
robots, I got nothing going for me.

I can't land a decent job,

I can't get a gf.

I can't find a meaningful purpose in my life.

Is the army for me?
>>
>>25882896
>rent paid for
>food paid for
>get paid every month
>gain valuable skills depending on your job
>looks good on resume
>free college credits from boot camp and technical school for your job
Yup. I just swore in today. Not for army though. Shipping out in 1-3 months.
>>
>>25882947
What'd you go in for? Marines? Navy?

Im making 2200 a month right now but its a shit pizza delivery job. Sure I can pay my bills and then some but fuck. its so meaningless. theres nothing to be proud of
>>
>>25882979
Going in the Air Force. My job will be in electrical engineering working on the planes. So a lot of mechanics. I work retail currently, so happy to leave. I live in a bad town full of tweakers and drug addicts. Their presence alone is depressing and choking.
>>
>>25882979
i dont know man but shit. Ive always excelled in everything I did, i just feel like ican be doing better with my life. I stepped down just because I didnt feel like dealing with some schmuck that barely had a clue with what he was doing and calling himself my boss. I had no respect for him. But I have no real applicable skills that I can use for a better job, not enough to convince a potential employer anyway.

i just feel like there's something better i can be doing, something that'll take care of me, and any family I somehow manage to build considering i find a woman dumb enough to fall for me.

yeah i just replied to myself, idgaf
>>
US Army infantry, if you can do it, you can take on the world
>>
>>25883029
>tweakers and drug addicts

Shit man, Airforce? Electrical engineering? You have any skills before this in that? All i'm good at is looking at shit, figuring out how it works, and making it fucking work. I figured out my companies software by myself and utiilized it to get my job done and enhance productivty and sales. I still have access to shit that could fuck my previous employer up three ways to sunday but i dont bother because fuck it.

i dont give a shit about much more than just making a decent life for myself, maybe a family, maybe making my family look at me and go "Holy shit look what this guys done".

Robot life is getting old and im getting older. I've still got youth on my side and im in the prime of my life and doing nothing with it other than shitposting, vidya and booze. I dont want to be some loveless schmuck in a trailer home working a shit job barely paying bills. Give me a mountain home off the grid, going into town for the occasional taco bell binge and some good ganja and im happy. But in the end I want to feel like I've done something. Turned people around, got people out of some shit, gave someone a better life. Know what I mean?
>>
>>25882896
What's the chances of being hit by an IED?
>>
>>25883231
Fuck if I know someone tell me.

Actually dont it might make me reconsider and stick with the neet life.

Fuck any of you brobots thinking like I am? Would be cool if I knew some of you fucks and we got our shit together and accomplished something with our lives.
>>
shit did my thread get cucked?

hope not im having an existential crisis here
>>
>>25882896
That's why I'm joining the police force. Plus I'm too out of shape for the army.
>>
Fuck all your shit y'all. Coast guard is the way to go. Same benefits and pay as everything else, less stress, less right situations, close to home.
>>
>>25883231
Depends on your job and how dumb you are. Combat based jobs like infantry will increase likelihood; Motor T operator can as well. But even if you're doing a job like that in a combat area, a little common sense goes a long way. Still, shit happens.

But do take into account that most military personnel (especially now during a time of drawdown) don't even deploy. I've seen 20 year enlisted men retire without ever deploying once in their careers. But then again, I've seen many grunts who've seen more than their fair share of getting shot at, so I suppose it's a toss-up; depends on what you want out of it as well as a game of chance.
>>
>>25883685
>close to home.

C'mon man, the thought of going to foreign lands, doing stupid shit there, and pounding foreign pussy doesn't appeal to you?

I mean seriously, this is what Marines and Airmen do in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smRJ1SDvhKI
>>
>>25883685
Nothing happens in the coast guard though

I might have to fire a couple warning shots at some drug smuggling guatemalans, maybe.

Shit man, theres kids out there who are having to strap funky ass explosives to their body and charge into stores and shit. Like, kid ass kids. not 18 year olds, i mean kids who barely sprouted a couple pubes kids. lil fuckin 12 year olds who had some jihadist motherfuckers point guns at their family and said "Put this vest on, go stand in that crowd and push this button or we kill your family with a dull serrated bread knife". that shit is happening, and theres people out there suffering for it. Might not look like us or talk like us but fuck, they just want to eat, work and fuck like the rest of us and this is the shit they gotta deal with.

If i spare ten of the little motherfuckers from dealing with that im happy. give some of them a chance you know.
>>
>>25883820
>implying you're lack of knowledge of the history and culture of the Middle East will help anything as long as you just shoot some folks
>one uneducated motherfucker with a gun doesn't make shit of a difference
>>
>>25883223
M8, join the Air Force/Navy/Coast Guard and work in a technical field. Ships engineers do some really cool shit, and it's basically a get-out-of-robothood-free card. The money is better than a lot of private sector wage cucks make, and the lifestyle is actually pretty comfy. For a young guy going it on his own, it is one of the best choices you can make.
>>
File: image.jpg (482KB, 1658x1166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
482KB, 1658x1166px
Btw. This doe
>>
>>25883963
can i still get in at 27? I've been unemployed but doing school for like 3 years. Have work history from ages 18-24. Do they look extensively into employment history?
>>
>>25883666
Join the navy, boot camp is easy as shit.
>>
>>25884081
Maybe if I don't make it to the police academy.
>>
>>25883963
I dont have any real experience in any techincal aptitude other than knowing how to build my own PC that can run skyrim with all the mods on ultra. Im a pizza maker man. I can slap the shit out of some doughs and make dank ass pizzas. And do other shit on the side.

Besides airforce/coast guard sounds comfy, Comfy is kind of what I want to get out of. Even if I die in the process. As long as my death causes some kind of major universal chain of reaction effect that makes some shit happens i'd be content.

I mean i'd rather be alive, fuck a hot ass blonde daily in my mountain cottage like anyone else would but, i wanna be more than the guy that makes some dank ass pizzas.
>>
>>25883685
My nigga
>>25883779
Being on a larger USCG vessel (210', 270', 378', NSC) can be a pretty sweet gig. Your patrols aren't as long as the ones the Navy does, but if you play your cards right it can basically be a series of drunken port calls. These days they are very touchy about anyone under 21 drinking anywhere, but for anyone of legal age it is a bretty gud time. Every coastie I've met with time on bigger boats has some kickass stories about these units.
>>
>>25884117
Police academy is something I thought about alot.

Fuckin 2 year criminal justice degrees though. Don't want to do schooling, want to get out there and do some shit.

Granted I could have done that 4 years ago when I was saying the same shit and have accomplished some shit by now. But it's 4 years later now.

I dunno, im not afraid of gettin lil boo boos, cut up and muddy. Shit I call that getting some work done. If I don't feel like I need to take a long ass shower with extra soap I haven't actually worked.

fuck anyone know my feels and can steer my dumb uneducated ass the right way? Maybe not that dumb but just unguided.
>>
>>25884054
I went through basic late last summer, we had a guy in my training company who has 31. I was 24 at the time, and I was one of the older guys in a company of about 100, but 27 isn't unheard of. Also, if the Coast Guard doesn't have a slot for you the Navy will. No offense to the squids, but they are a much larger service and they will work to find a place for you. Employment history doesn't matter much.
T. Puddle Pirate
>>
>>25884240
The department I'm applying to only asks for a GED and you're only in the academy for five months. Granted I have a degree in economics and should probably be doing something else.
>>
>>25882896
Only if you are mentally tough
>>
>>25884302
I got a GED.

No degree and I don't think I can tolerate schooling for years.

I gotta get in the field and get working. Doing something and getting something done. That's just the way my feels feel.
>>
good on you fellas thanks for the encouraging words
>>
>>25884153
If you can build a PC and run mods on Skyrim, you can learn military IT. Honestly, I met a guy who got into working on the fire control system for a ships' 87mm gun because he liked working on automotive stereo systems. Its a good field, if I had any skill or aptitude towards it I would probably go into it. Can't say if it makes a serious difference in the world, but being able to hit a target at a several miles away with a flying chunk of metal is a cool ability.
>>
The military will definitely give you something to do, and lots of structure to keep you from fucking up your life. If you can, go officer. It's so much better than being an enlisted man.

I went officer at the advice of many enlisted men who wished they had gone officer. It's easy enough, good pay, and comfy.

>captcha: select all pies
>fucking quiche and a cheesecake
>>
If you must. Get some really good life insurance and a high risk job. If you die you can leave a good lump of emone to your folks for retirement or whatever
>>
>>25884419

Plug X Y and Z into slots X Y and Z. Put this wire into this slot, Put some of this shit down before you lay a CPU down.

If you say so mang. Military IT I might consider
>>
>>25884489
Literally everywhere I goddamn turn I get told this. Is "college isn't for me" a good excuse? It's trading a 4-year investment. I did one semester and I hated every aspect of it.
>>
>>25882896
>>25882896

ill do it, if you put me on a special base with the extraterrestrials. I'm sure we would become great friends
>>
>>25884554
I mean, you're getting told that because it's true. You can go to OCS once you're enlisted but it's a lot harder and you can only pick from jobs academy fags and ROTC nazis didn't want. The pay, benefits and work for officers is simply better.

If you can't hack college, enlisting still isn't a bad option. There's a lot of enlisted guys I have an incredible amount of respect for who've done well for themselves.
>>
>>25884545
I swer m8, it's ridiculous. You work a gig like that for a few years, get out into the civilian world with a security clearance, and the military industrial complex will go to bizarre lengths to shower you with money and blowjobs. All you have to do is know how to read.
>>
File: 1449119105663.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1449119105663.gif
2MB, 300x164px
is the asvab hard if I'm an idiot at math? Should I study for it?
>>
>>25884654
Practice some multiplication, finding area, subtraction and addition and you'll be fine.
>>
>>25882896
>look at pic
>Barely see any deployment patches
>Sergeants and E-4s everywhere

Are they weekend warriors?
>>
File: 1417458005026.jpg (190KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1417458005026.jpg
190KB, 600x450px
>>25884670
sounds ez... what else is there ? reading and english sections?
>>
>>25884747
When I took it there was basic math, basic science, reading comp, some definitions, electrical and mechanical knowledge.

Pretty easy, I got a 95.
>>
>>25884780
Did you study? What exactly do the science and mech / electrical knowledge sections consist of ?
>>
>>25883223

r

u

me

need passive income to live on that mountain with internet and animal friends
>>
>>25884642
And you're Airforce bro?

I thought I might be too big for the chairforce, I thought they only liked skinny manlets and i'm 6'1 200lbs. Not to mention the fact they stick you where they need you. You could be a mechanical genius in automotives but if they need radio operators you're a radio operator.

I dunno broski im pretty lost as is, I haven't bothered keeping up with my own personal fitness and put on like 20lbs of pizza wings burritos and booze. Haven't been able to land a job in manufacturing or construction. Right now its making mad tips and finding a way not to be bored on days off.

if itll give me direction, I'll ditch the wings and booze and get my shit back in order a bit before I enlist, But if you think chairforce is the best go, i'll see that's the first recruiter I see.
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>25884419
>tfw i couldn't get a 25 series because dad still had a green card for security clearance
>tfw i see shaniqua get 25U only because her nig parents here both born here.
>tfw shaniqua couldent pass PT test and was kicked out.
>>
>>25884803
Yeah i'm you, Cept i might want to kill and eat some of those animal friends.
>>
>>25884801
I didn't, I just showed up and took it. Mechanical knowledge was some stuff with wrenches? and electrical was basic circuit knowledge. If you do not know anything about those I'd study for those sections. I got away with knowing nothing since I'm a woman.
>>
>>25883666
usa?

u brave senpai

police corruption/frat bullshit
public hate
conflict of interest
dealing faggits who power trip

I want to live a meaningful life but police corruption is rife worldwide except for like 2 countries.

Too much bullshit to just get a bullet in the back, ostracized or fancy framed nignog mail'd

How u justify/go for it?
>>
>>25882896
does the nypd accept army veterans? because im thinking of going into the us army as infantry or MP, and when i do my 4 years i want to become a cop. or should i become a truck driver? my landlord is one and he said that truck drivers make good money. and he might be able to help me out to become one. help me out phams
>>
>>25884821
I'm a Coastie, but Air Force is a good branch to be an enlisted man. They do have a reputation for attracting auschwitz survivors, but a lot of that is just memeing. You aren't far off of height/weight regulations, although you'd need to get into decent shape to get past basic training.

Obviously I'm partial, but personally I think that Coast Guard/Navy is the way to go. If nothing else, they have the best duty locations. If you're thinking about it, shop around a bit and don't rush into any decisions. Once they have your name on paper you can usually sign up for more time, but it's much harder to sign for less time.
>>
>>25884991
all you really need is a CDL to start as truck driver.

Land a shit job with coca-cola or some shit, get the experience then apply for a company that pays better CPM
>>
>>25885036
IF anything it'd be something I'd want to retire off of. Less time isn't much of a concern, as long as I'm taken care of and I can fuck a blonde bimbo on a mountain home on the daily.
>>
>>25884851
That's a bad feel m8.
>>
>>25884864
W U B A

U

B

A
>>
Join the marines if you want your life to really change i joined and have made a bunch of friends i love my job and gettin laid is fuckin easy
>>
File: 1452227359661.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1452227359661.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
Recruiters are shilling on r9k now eh
>>
>>25885136
Where else can you find so many hopeless dudes willing to die for the zog machine?
>>
>>25885110
I'm an ugly virgin but okay buddy

>>25885122
seconding marines, it's one of the better branches for personal development.
>>
>>25885136
....no we arent
>>
>>25885086
I know a guy who is basically living that life right now. He's halfway to retirement with a full pension, his plan is to wife up his blonde nympho girlfriend, move back to his home state and raise cows in a semi-mountainous area. I like him, but he's a huge fuckin Chad, no way around it.
>>
>>25885136

The military is sizing down. They aren't despetate for bodies, and certainly aren't desperate to get the average robot to sign up.
>>
>>25885163
>military female
>not a slut
BULLSHIT
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
>>25885163
What is your irst choice? I know some airmen and some army cunts ive talked to a couple sailors and all say kinda the same thing that their jobs are alright or that they feel like their missing something or that they want more so the marine corps is the fuckin way to go man
>>
>>25885199
I'm a lesbian, so the other kind of military female.
>>
>>25884873
I've got two possible end goals. The first is I just stay in the police force for a couple of years, pay down my student loans, and then go on to law school and use my time on the police force as a bullshit story. The other is that I join the FBI eventually because I've always wanted to be a counter-intelligence agent. I'm pretty sure my time on the police force will be hellish if I get in because I live in a degenerate liberal city and I see on facebook all the time the vast amount of niggotry that's committed and how much hatred there is for cops (being facebook friends with the enemy can be helpful).
>>
>>25885163
>ugly
>virgin
>woman

One of these can be fixed, Maybe two.

Post tits and we'll decide
>>
>tfw live in a country where my chances of seeing deployment are next to zero

I am seriously considering joining the Legion
>>
>>25885208
Youll fit right in!
>>
>>25885136
>>25885160
This is what happens when people don't leave the board. Many of them become normies or move on to shit like the military.
>>
>>25885208
Should have seen that coming desu. Stay safe out there senpai.
>>
>tfw we have mandatory draft
>tfw didn't get accepted and only told I might get drafted
Probably because of my eyesight and not being particularly fit.
And now I haven't heard anything since 2012. Meanwhile they let much girls in since draft is now mandatory for them too. Standards are also lower for them. So I am a even more failure than most robots. Since I've seen many robots in the military.
>>
>>25885236
>>25885236
I joined 5 years ago, the straight females avoid me but I get along pretty well with just about everyone else. One of the better decisions I've made, my MOS is pretty comfy.

>>25885284
It's always one or the other.
>>
>>25885206
>Joining the marines during peacetime
Nah, famalam bad call. You really want to enlist and spend four years on barracks duty? The reason people feel like they missed something is because the American military is a massive institution, and most people involved play a small and not terribly important role. Spending your time doing menial bullshit in the marines isn't going to be markedly better than doing menial bullshit in the army, except that you get to circlejerk about how elite you are.
>inb4 we are still at war
The intensity of conflict we are currently engaged in is very different than what we were doing ten years ago.
>>
>>25885313
Whats your mos and what branch?
>>
>>25885347
Your totally right man but the sense of belonging that comes from the circle jerking is what makes it worth it atleast for me i love waking up and knowing im a marine theres alot behind that so please excuse the moto boner
>>
>>25885758
Fair. It's not my thing but that's why I didn't join the MUHREENS
>>
>>25885813
Ehh it isnt for everyone i can see why not every one joined but god damn we look the best doin the dumbest shit
>>
File: fuller_livingry.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuller_livingry.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>25882896
>>25882947
>>25883029
>>25883223

Helping to destroy the world instead of building the world.

It is much more harder to contribute to the building, instead of being part of the destruction.
>>
I went Navy. I ship Feb 21 to bootcamp. Went into the technical field. Getting E-4 after 10 months of navy school. Then I get to go on a submarine. I had to do 6 years though. Kind of scared. Really good benefits and money though.
>>
If Canada had a legit army, I'd be all over that shit. A
>>
All these idiots are bragging about the partying and drinking and fucking.
But we're fucking robots. We hate parties and women find us repulsive
>>
>>25885208
My penis will cure you of that disease
>>
>>25883029
>chair force
You could have at least tried
>>
>>25887523
trade =/= cure
>>
>>25887575
Have you ever even tried penis before?
Ever been raped or assaulted by male arny members?
>>
>>25887551
As opposed to what?

The branch famous for having the dumbest people, the one with crazy psychopaths, or the one famous for lots of homosexuals?
>>
No, autism disqualifies you for the army. Good luck spending the rest of your life in misery. You're not the only one.
>>
>>25882896
No.

Army is alpha chad culture.

A timid, fearful robot will be at the bottom of male hierarchy - the subject of constant hazing.
>>
>be robot in army
>stuck in garrison 0 deployments
>esentially a fucking janitor
>sweep literally everywhere
>train for no reason despite nondeployable unit
>miserable fuckboy details
>garbage ass pt that doesn't even keep you fit
>be in combat mos so you will hardly ever see or interact with any females

I'm trying to save you a few years of your life and body ache, op. Just join the navy or air force.
>>
>>25888178
Army minimum PT is bullshit and you have to go to the gym if you really want anything besides a few miles of running.
You could always request deployment but I was in during 09 and you could still do that, maybe still if you look for it.
>be in combat mos so you will hardly ever see or interact with any females
Good, nothing but a bunch of barracks rats and can't do shit during deployment.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.