[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tampon Tax

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: p011516lj-0134[1].jpg (72KB, 648x462px) Image search: [Google]
p011516lj-0134[1].jpg
72KB, 648x462px
>President Obama has long boasted that he is a staunch defender of women's issues and he's a proponent for equality in the health care system, but something seems to have slipped through the cracks... and it was a YouTube star who told him.
>During an interview with the Commander-in-Chief, Ingrid Nilsen, one of several YouTuber's to chat with Obama, asked why there was a "luxury tax" on sanitary pads and tampons in many states.
>The president was totally caught off guard by the question, saying he had "no idea" why states would tax such a thing, and he confessed that he had never heard of that before.
>"Recently I was shocked to learn that pads, tampons and other menstrual products are taxed as luxury goods in 40 states," Ingrid, who often speaks about women's issues, told the most powerful man in the world. "I don't think there is anyone who has a period that thinks it's a luxury."
>"I think that's fair to say, Michelle would agree with you on that," Obama replied.
>He continued, "I have to tell you, I have no idea why states would tax these as luxury items. I suspect it's because men were making the laws when those taxes were passed."
>A good sport, the president said he was happy to learn this news but told Ingrid that there really isn't much he can about that as those issues don't fall under federal law.

>get an audience with the most powerful man in the world
>ask him this
>he takes it seriously
Friendly reminder that the SJW menace is no longer a fringe minority relegated to the internet. Friendly reminder that these "people" are taken seriously and are going to be the death of Western civilization.
>>
Okay, I hate women, I really do, but a tampon tax is sort ridiculous.
>>
>wars going on
>geopolitical issues
>environmental issues
>economic issues

>bitch asks about MUH TAMPON TAX

It's stupid considering those taxes can't be controlled by the federal government anyway. Why waste his time on stupid shit? SJW are idiots.

Condoms are taxed, razors are taxed, and so are every "male product" what the fuck is the shit?
>>
>the death of Western civilization.

The decline of Western Civilization started before you were born. It is ineluctable. The only question that remains to be seen is whether or not it takes the whole world down with it.
>>
Tampons are not a necessity because there are reasonable alternatives. For example the diva cup, period reducing pills, pads.

>>25880765
Women don't give a fuck. It's 2016. They want free/cheap stuff and anyone who wants to stop them is an evil misogynist. Pointing out more pertinent issues is an MRA tactic designed to silence women and distract from the struggles that literally every single woman faces.
>>
>>25880702
>implying Obongo isn't just paying lip service to the SJW

Whatever gets them voting his way.
>>
>>25880702
Is toilet paper taxed?
>>
>>25880774
>ineluctable
I like that word anon
>>
>>25880743
lol

This was an okay response by Obama desu
>>
are tampons biodegradable?
the planet is going to shit and there is nothing anyone can do about it, that's the reality.
>>
>>25881498
>doesn't know what its like to involuntarily bleed every month
>HURR durrr seek alternatives
>meanwhile never has to seek any alternatives.
I bet you think every other alternative is cheaper.

Sure it's stupid to ask that to the president, who isn't the most powerful man in the country run by jews, but tampon tax as a luxury item? That's pretty fucking bullshit.
>>
>>25880702
What the fuck was he supposed to say then?

>Lol bich u think i giv a fuck bout yo rank as cooch? the fuck outta ere

your Always supposed to just Nod and say yes in these scenarios, Tell the people what they wanna hear. its PR 101, shit for brains.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.