[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Nick was a hack after all. A wannabe fit, a fake ass coach.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1452987241374.png (513KB, 518x573px) Image search: [Google]
1452987241374.png
513KB, 518x573px
So Nick was a hack after all.
A wannabe fit, a fake ass coach.

He stopped posting 4 days ago when people from /fit/ told him his DB program (his only own advice since everything else was /fit/ charts and infos from the sticky) was utter shit.

Got told, dropped the trip and left us, like everyone else in our lives. He abandoned us robots. He swore many things to us, he called me a partner.

It was all a lie. Just a fucking normie to revel in our suffering.

Fuck you Nick. I trusted you. Fuck you.
>>
no shit faggot
i told you all someone with true depression like he claimed he had wouldn't behave like that
>>
>the posters on /fit/ are faggots and hacks

you don't say?

just train on your own. it's not rocket science
>>
>>25877398
Does harsh still post on /fit/? What about TYVD?
>>
>>25877398
I know you.

Every robot will remember something bad that happened in their life, someone abandoned them. And you where always there to remind them of it, bring them down, tell them it's just going to happen again, really embellish the negativity.

You show up every time. You're hurt, and so you want others to hurt too.
>>
File: file.png (111KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
111KB, 482x427px
>>25877398
>his DB program was utter shit
I've been doing it for the past week.
>>
>>25877398
lol you useless fucking robots, just visit bodybuilding forums or read goobys guide. It's not that hard, never EVER trust /fit/
>>
>>25878123
You and me both m8.
At least it's better than doing nothing I guess.
>>
>>25877398
That guy is the heaviest manlet in the entire world
>>
>>25877398
who the fuck was this guy and why should I know him?
>>
File: 1433688199763.jpg (22KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433688199763.jpg
22KB, 600x500px
>>25878123
Post it.
Let us critique.
>>
>>25879393
>5x5 military presses (5 sets of 5 repetitions)
>5x5 shoulder presses
>5x5 French presses
>5x5 rows
>5x5 squats
>5x5 pushups

I can't go to a gym and he said this was a decent alternative if all you have is dumbbells, I don't know anything about working out so I believed him
>>
>>25879488
Unless you have 60lb dumbells, I'd do like 5x12 everything.
5x5 is for barbell lifts, so you can lift heavy...
>>
Now will you idiots finally listen? Again, if you have good genetics, you don't need to lift. If you have bad genetics, the results from lifting will be marginal. Either way, the /fit/ advice to just lift is stupid. If you want to look good with bad genetics, steroids are your only option.
>>
>>25880173
Get the fuck out back to reddit tripscum shitter
>>
Someone who actually lifts here. Literally just do something along the lines of starting strength or stronglifts. Do highbar squats as oppodd to lowbar though. Really, there is no reason for you to do anything else yet, and as you research this and begin to grasp some sort idea as to what you desire, you'll be able to find what works best in no time.Your ideal workout plan may very well be one that has already been created with a few slight alterations. As for myself, I recently got off doing smolov for squats and smolov Jr for bench (bench is still shit though) because my goals were to increase strength. I added I'm a few accessory lifts in accordance to how I felt that day, how much energy I had, and what I was lacking in.
>>
>>25878123
>>25878230
You don't do 5x5 dumbbell programs. Such a program would prove detrimental the stronger you get. A barbell has no such negative effects as dumbbells at heavier weights. If you want bigger muscles you have to get stronger, and dumbbells are for secondary work only. Typically dumbbell related exercises are done in higher repetitions because of this setback of them.
>>
>>25882047
I can't get a barbell. I live in a tiny cramped apartment, dumbbells are all I have.
>>
>tfw scared of going gym only because I'd have to walk home with fatigued muscles in a sketchy area and won't be able to defend myself properly with jelly arms.
>>
>>25882067
Yes these things happen and the result is that you will not see the same results as someone with better access to the required equipment. I'm sure it's better than nothing though. Don't attempt a 5x5 program with dumbbells though. When you are doing sets of 5 the goal is usually to get stronger. 5x5 is more of a classic bodybuilding program, while Bill Starr's 5x5 (which is really 3x5 on max load) and Starting Strength (3x5) are more for getting stronger. However the goal for both is to get stronger and lift heavy ass weights. You cannot do this with dumbbells in the same way. For dumbbells I would rather get stronger by using the same weight but doing more reps, and only increasing the weight when the reps performed reach a certain point. This should provide some sort of linear progression.
>>
>>25882188
So how many reps do I do with dumbbells, like 10? 15?
>>
why would you want to look like this? people just think he looks fat.

aim to be like zyzz
>>
>>25882241
I would probably do a range of 8-14 and lifting to failure. Now you wouldn't want to lift to failure on a heavy set with a barbell, but for higher rep work it is beneficial. So lift until you cannot do any more due to muscle fatigue. The reason you fail on heavy weight for sets of 3-5 is neurological failure, which is detrimental to recovery, unlike muscular fatigue failure.
>>
>>25882291
Thanks. I'll adjust my routine accordingly. I'm not looking to get super swole, just lean. Maybe when I'm in a better spot I'll get serious about things.
>>
>>25882188
>>25882291
Why not just follow scooby beginner guide? It's cheap and accessible
>>
>>25877398

anyone have the patrick star edit?
>>
File: Nick_s_Fitness_Guide_for_r9k.png (689KB, 3664x2552px) Image search: [Google]
Nick_s_Fitness_Guide_for_r9k.png
689KB, 3664x2552px
Incase anyone wants to know wtf nick is known for
>>
>>25879488
Holy fuck that's a fucked 5x5 program.

>5x5 French press, 5x5 push-ups
Words don't even do this justice. It's actually funny, fuck it
>no direct hamstring or rear delt work
>far more pressing than pulling
Muscle impingements thx
>only chest work is fucking push-ups, fucking 5 rep sets of push ups
>no mention of any sort of periodisation

Go away
>>
>>25882503
How would you fix this program?
I'd love to be able to start something at home with my db
>>
>>25882620
this, i'd also like to know

i'm not trying to be zyzz i'm just trying to look and feel better
>>
>>25882620
All are 3x8-12.

A: bench, high row, one leg squats
B: press, low row, lunges

Can add 1x10-15 for bi curl, some sort of tri, side raises. Low enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

AxBxA, BxAxB
>>
>>25882620
Add some form of rear delt isolation. Face pulls would be best (need a light band) if not, db rear delt flies.

Scrap push-ups for bench press, if you don't have a bench then simply do a floor press.

Keep isolation work (French press, rear delts etc) at 3x12.

I don't know what sort of programming is implanted in this program (I'm guessing none), but I would start at 80% of your 1rm for your compound work and add weight each week (depending how your db's work depends on how much weight you add, basically the lowest amount you can).

Only do one type of overhead press, no need to do two types.

Add stiff leg or Romanian deadlifts, you can do them with dumbbells.

Add pull-ups or some variation. If you don't have a pull up bar or can't do them then add another type of row, for instance do a bent over db row and then a pendlay row.

French press probably isn't necessary, I guess it'd be optional. I personally would do some curls, but that too is optional.

I would also do squats and deadlifts first and second in the work out.

I'm sure there are much better program's online.
>>
>>25877398
I'm not a /fit/fag but that pic makes me diamond hard
>>
>>25883038
lmao, pendlay rows with dumbbells. what this dumb nigga talkin about?
>>
>>25883213
>>25883038
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

WHY IS THIS SHIT SO COMPLICATED
>>
>>25883213
You don't need a barbell to perform pendlay rows, there are a lot of variations of it.
>>
>>25883267

go to bb.com and look at a program that fits you, this shit isn't rocket science. There are tons of premade programs by actual trainers on that site for whatever your goals are.

Listening to teenage faggots who lift for 2 years and barely bench their bodyweight isn't exactly a solid plan.
>>
Scooby and read the sticky
>>
>>25883325
That is some bad advice. Telling people to go to bodybuilding.com for advice. No it's not rocket science, but you shouldn't be a dumbass about it either. Read books. Read Starting Strength and just get a basic understanding about what the fuck is going on and the fundamentals of lifting.
>>
>>25877398
You're shaped like Ricardo from Adventure Time
>>
>>25877398

Why does he wear his under wear like he's about to step into a wrestling ring? Also, he just looks /fatstrong/. His physique isn't something I'd mire.
>>
>>25880173
Congratulations, you're now at the point of the delusional fatties on tumblr, acting like having a good body is all genetics.
>>
File: routine.png (40KB, 696x867px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
40KB, 696x867px
How's this?
r8
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.