[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw turned 20 >tfw did nothing but vidya in my teenage

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1448908667029.png (149KB, 603x660px) Image search: [Google]
1448908667029.png
149KB, 603x660px
>tfw turned 20
>tfw did nothing but vidya in my teenage years
>tfw was always lazy in school and never learned to study properly
>tfw interested in science and math
>tfw have problems studying now at university
>tfw physics major
>tfw realized merely interest isn't enough to study physics
>tfw don't know why I just didn't pick engineering
>tfw first exams in 4 weeks
>tfw try to study at least an hour everyday
>tfw feel like it's not enough
>tfw I don't know if I should change to engineering or stay in physics and just try to get through
>tfw there's no go-back after the first semester, I have to change now if I'm going to
>tfw life at uni is pretty shit
>tfw life after uni won't get any better
>tfw 20 year old KHV
Life's pretty shit.
>>
>>25874377
>tfw try to study at least an hour everyday
An HOUR? Hahahahahaha.

14 hours a day here.
>>
You fell for the STEM meme. Congrats- now extrapolate your misery over 20 years or more of doing a job you hate except add in the burden of massive debt.
>>
Welcome to the global consumer society. This is what your parents and teachers were selling you through your entire young life. Hope it lives up to the hype :^)
>>
>>25874452
How do you do this? I wake up at 7 am, go to university, and come back 18 pm. I try to study at least one hour after that.
Some days it's fine, but most of the time I'm fucking tired when I get home. How am I supposed to study? I just don't get it.
>>
>>25874377
Yeah, life doesn't get much better.

I suggest reading Ishmael by Daniel Quinn, and learning some healthy coping mechanisms. School is just a waste of time meant to keep young people from entering the work force until older workers retire. You never really use anything you learned in school except in school. Most jobs are like high school pretty much, in that you're doing menial tasks throughout the day for strangers and you're forced into awkward social hierarchies and situations for the sake of work to be done for existential reasons or peoples.

There's really no purpose for what people do beyond surviving and manipulating other people to work to make your life easier.
>>
>>25874570
3 days a week are the bulk of my classes. Will only study 5-6 hours a day.

The other 4 I do the 14 hours a day.
>>
>>25874611
>School is just a waste of time meant to keep young people from entering the work force until older workers retire

Yeah, because I can become a doctor on a high school diploma.
>>
>>25874377
It doesn't matter what course got choose, nobody gets a job after uni anymore anyway.
>>
my school recommends you do 3 hours of studying for every hour you attend class.
>>
>>25874618

>14 hours a day.

What the fuck man. What do you study? Are you busy writing your thesis?
>>
>>25874611
lol this isn't true at all
>>
You have HS mentality if you think you can only study an hour a day. There's your problem.
>>
>>25874643
Nigga, doctors follow protocols and instructions like any high school kid. Most laws and regulations restrict whatever autonomy you think they have.

America is especially fucked when it comes to doctors and how they're trained and perceived.

Are you aware doctors in america go to at least 8 years of school, accumulate $250,000 worth of school debt which can't disappear with bankruptcy, work as a student/resident at about $5 an hour after you take call and 80+ hour work weeks into account and oh yeah you gotta start paying loans then too, you don't get to dictate your own hours, you can join a union or negotiate collective bargaining, and your retirement is based on a fraction of your current salary not cumulative over the years.

Trust me, only delusional retards become doctors in america
>>
>>25874724
Medicine unfortunately
>>
>>25874724

Electrical engineering. I also manage perfect grades.
>>
>>25874751
Not in America. I've got a 84k pa intern offer for next year. Also no debt.

You guys need healthcare.
>>
>>25874732
How do I change myself for the good? It's not like I completely hate my choice of going into physics.
I realized my reason for going into it was shit, but now I don't want to quit it. I actually want to do this, just not for the same reason anymore.

I admit, yeah, I feel like I still have this HS mentality. But how do I fix it? Everytime I get home, I start thinking about how painful it is to sit 4 fours at my desk, studying, and go to sleep again. I say to myself it's actually not that hard what I heard at those lectures, but then I reailize that I can't do shit when have to do exercises. This shit repeats again and again.
I still kinda got the habit of my HS days. I want to come home, relax and play vidya. Worked fine in HS.
Got tips on how to fix myself? I want to do it, it's just pretty damn hard for me.
>>
>>25874783
Agreed, but America is land of the snakes and home of the slaves. Businesses are people here and their needs supercede those of ordinary biological stock.

>>25874751
Oh, and they CAN'T form unions or collective bargaining groups
>>
>>25874731
Do you still make use of Pythagoras' wondrous theorm?

What was the significance of the distant light in The Great Gatsby?

How many electrons are there in a glucose molecule?
>>
>>25874760
Oh hey me too, hello buddy :) Same rythm here but I have to work at the hospital in the morning.

>>25874892
Until I started studying medicine I didn't do jack shit either and spent my time playing vydia. You just force yourself to do it until it becomes a habit, there's no other way. You have to live it to acquire the right mentality, there's no such thing as "I'll read a book or listen to advices then my way of thinking will change"
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>25874377
this is just like me but with history
>>
>>25874892
If you wanna do it then do it.

It sounds like you're seeking validation for the things you do. As an adult now, you will not get this nearly as much. You will have to often work for zero thanks. You will have to do chores cuz they need to get done. Habits develop as you do them.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most grown adults are like you and just wanna go home and screw around. Shit, I'm 30 and still do it. I just gotta go be a wageslave for 40 hours a week now which is grueling but I make it manageable. If you don't have kids it really allows you to live the life how you want to live it.

The key is to find something you can tolerate every day. That's it. Your job will never be this amazing thing that completes your life. It's just a job after all.
>>
>>25874377
fuck off back to reddit, normie scum
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.