[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your "impossible dream"? Mine is to rule the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

File: impossible.jpg (318KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
impossible.jpg
318KB, 1440x1080px
What is your "impossible dream"?

Mine is to rule the world anonymously.
>have everything and everyone I want literally whenever I want
>no fear of being assassinated because no one knows
>>
>>25870732
so you want to be a jew?
>>
I want to be a semi successful writer
>too lazy to write anything but short poems
>barely manage to squeeze out 1 or 2 a week
Having this vague dream is slightly better than constantly feeling suicidal
>>
To somehow be reborn(keeping my memories) in a different dimension where I have the chance to live an interesting life.
>>
File: r9kinquisition.jpg (300KB, 997x759px) Image search: [Google]
r9kinquisition.jpg
300KB, 997x759px
To be an inquisitor so I can impose morality on normies.
>>
>>25870732
Mine is to someday achieve a comfy, responsibility-free life where I have the freedom to do as much 4chan and vidya as I please, yet not be NEET and have a steady flow of cash.

In other words, achieve /r9k/ nirvana.
>>
>>25870841
>>25870881
>what's your impossible dream?
>"it's this perfectly achievable and definitely possible future"

Come on boys, what are you saying?
>>
File: 1424997010563.png (93KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1424997010563.png
93KB, 645x773px
To be happy.
>tfw muted
>>
>>25870732
My dream is that no man or woman will rule over another man or woman. And no man or woman would exploit another man's or woman's labor for profit.

Anything I want can be made from material using labor given by the machines. I want to make such machines so the labor of other people would not be used in items and goods that I use.

Of course this is end goal. The immediate solution is to divide labor among people like pizza is divided. In equal slices. Limiting factor is time. Work hour is always work hour.

No wages. No profits. All labor is directly related to the laborer and by the use of labor division, everyone. No one getting rich off another person's labor.
>>
>>25871172
>responsibility-free life
>yet not be NEET
>steady flow of cash.
>possible
unless he was a trust fund kid he will never have this
>>
>>25871208
so conceptual communism?
>>
>>25871208
People should be able to get rich though. I don't want to work for the rest of my life or until I'm dead, and neither do I want to make average wage for doing a job that requires a lot of training and such. It kinda sounds like a system for people who want to do average work and yet not feel like they're less than ambitious people.
>>
I want to be like a monk, but instead of studying the scriptures I'd want to study all day whatever I feel like at the time
>>
To live in form of an uploaded mind in a world where everything I wish is possible and I cannot die. Other minds in this world would be nice too. But someday, the computer would eventually stop anyways.
>>
>>25871480
>blue screen of death
>everyone dies
>>
Building a database to include the sum of all humanity's knowledge. Starting with the knowledge required to run a society up to the levels of building computers.

Basically a "how to" for civilization in the event of a civilization destroying catastrophe. And the secret society that springs up around it to defend the knowledge they so ardently sought
>>
Solve p=np

Sadly, wasn't born mathematically gifted
>>
>>25871556
n = 1

Am I a genius now?
>>
>>25870732
I have no "impossible dream".
My dream is to one day be happy with my girlfriend and live together
>>
>>25870732
Mine is to be a wizard. Like Gandalf.
>>
File: 1452337766140.gif (357KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
1452337766140.gif
357KB, 263x239px
>tfw i wanted to be a soldier
>>
>>25871208
I see individualism and labor theory of value. I like you.
>>
>>25871547
That's pretty cool, anon. But why wouldn't you just grab all e-book versions of well-known books and slap them on a big hard drive? Seems like that would work pretty well.
>>
>>25871498
Well, it wouldn't really matter. Death will happen. It's more about the being free from all bounds thing.
>>
>>25871746
I've already put a bit of thought into it, the main archive would be stored separately and securely (no connection to any other computers ever) and the data and knowledge that should be in it is to be vetted and put in by members of the society. Though the society isn't about just hoarding knowledge. That knowledge which we consider beneficial to humanity would be released, free to peruse and use to your own ends. While always keeping in mind our position as guardians of humanity's past and future.

Of course the society will use the banquet of knowledge at its disposal, and the expertise of the members themselves to accomplish its own ends
>>
>>25871440
Yes but not at the expense of others.

You know you have certain needs and desires. All that are material ones can be fulfilled using labor and material.

My training is to become a scientist specializing in physics. I already have a part time employment as scientist while being a student. It requires a lot of training, education, but honestly I enjoy it so much that I don't give a damn about money as long as I have a roof over my head, food that I can eat so I do not starve to death and then money for sports equipment and for paying for swimming pool or gym. And hobbies. All that is attainable with below average wage.

What is the issue here is alienation of people and the labor itself, and also products of this labor. When people do work that they feel is not important, of course they are demotivated and frustrated.

And the issue of this board is alienation of people from society.

>>25871730
I wish more people reached similar conclusion. Since it is logically consistent and it rejects the outright selfishness.

Every single human being is capable of much more than to be like a locust.

Why can't people see that when they are liberated from their material constraints, they are free to express their individualism. And then only true ability will show, unimpeded by lack of funds, money, material, energy.
>>
>>25871904
I understand your point. In my imagination, a society like that seems very monotonous and unexciting though. Maybe my view of it is skewed because I've been used to capitalism.
>>
File: bucky-fuller-quote.jpg (81KB, 452x433px) Image search: [Google]
bucky-fuller-quote.jpg
81KB, 452x433px
>>25871982
See the picture for explanation.
The end result of it sounds like anything but monotony and lack of excitement.
>>
yeah, but you'll have to watch other people take credit for everything you work hard to accomplish
I'd much rather rule openly, be remembered in history as the guy who ordered the construction of railroads around the world.
>>
>>25872405
Nah, I don't really care about credit. All I want is enough power to have everything, without the risk of pissing people off. As for the "hard work", I would probably only make major decisions like what to do with seawater or which country will own the moon. I don't actually want to rule the world 24/7, I just want to write shitty games/programs and learn mechanical engineering for fun.
>>
>>25872096
That sounds good but didn't you say:
>The immediate solution is to divide labor among people like pizza is divided.
Doesn't that mean people still have to work? And how much will they have to work? Doesn't that constitute "making a living"?

Anyway, I've always liked the idea of going back to the basics. I envy the simplicity of cavemen where they literally just have to go out and hunt for an hour or two (which is pretty exciting) and then just socialize with their tribe for the rest of the day or whatever. I know it's not that simple but it sounds much less frustrating than this society that is fueled by stress.

Well, I don't know the details but if it diminishes my level of stress, I'd like to see it in action.
>>
>>25872983
Yes but their making a living is much more direct and optimized. When you take in account that most of the office jobs today are bullshit jobs that can be either abolished, or automated if they are not bullshit jobs.

So if the office drones then go to work in agriculture, all the work is divided among more people, resulting in that every person will do less work.

Going back to basics is unnecessary. The only argument for it is that most natural resources are under private ownership. And private ownership is made to be a sacred cow, untouchable.

Compare it with personal ownership, which is stuff you own. Private property is what you own and have other people use it to give you profit. Personal property is what you use for yourself.

Would you say it is fair that every person has a right to 1/(number of people) fraction of all available natural resources?

Or should those resources be owned by selected few.
>>
>>25870792
I want to be THE jew, but without the nose.
>>
>>25870732
>To become a quantum mechanic and advance technology extremely and possibly create something to keep myself immortal
>>
I want to destroy all trraces of myself.
>>
File: 1445301045008.jpg (12KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
1445301045008.jpg
12KB, 200x243px
>>25870732
Take over the world through facism and put all resources into spreading into space, that and to keep me alive and young for as long as i can.
>>
>>25873964
>>25874246
pls make me immortal/forever young too
>>
File: 1447806438375.png (740KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1447806438375.png
740KB, 633x758px
>>25874552
Can't allow special treatment senpai
>>
File: 1437581180326.gif (462KB, 260x333px) Image search: [Google]
1437581180326.gif
462KB, 260x333px
I want a giantess gf.
>>
>>25870732
mine is to have a gf
>>
>>25870732
I want to rule the world through my True Neutral viewpoint. Any conflict that arises is settled through me and group of other neutral people. Our word is law.
>>
>>25870732
Expel the non-whites and Muslims from Britain, Anschluss Ireland and return it to the Union, centralize the commonwealth and pressure at the very least the anglosphere countries into accepting annexation, preferably many of the Carribean/African/Asian commonwealth nations too.

Then I'd reform the United Kingdom Space Agency as the Imperial Space Agency, set 5% of GDP to fund it and establish bases on the Moon and Mars, intended to work towards human colonization.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 442x740px
To build my own Outer Heaven
>>
>>25874972
basically

>I must unite the ''''''''''''''''''''''british''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' eoples under one flag
>t. pure english king
>>
To live and quest in a mythical land with far eastern themes. Not really so out there imo, I think full immersion vr will be for the common man by 2040. Just need to live until 45, and maintain my health and vigor.
>>
>>25870732
My dream is to completely erase myself from reality; past, present, and future.
>>
File: Doc guns say when.jpg (30KB, 640x334px) Image search: [Google]
Doc guns say when.jpg
30KB, 640x334px
>>25874983
B..Boss...
>>
>>25870732
Having unlimited strength, durability and speed (but please on/off switch, I don't want to see everything slowly)
Basically I want to be like saitama, superman or goku
>>
Skateboarding like Rodney Mullen
>>
>>25873215
>Would you say it is fair that every person has a right to 1/(number of people) fraction of all available natural resources?

Yeah, especially in an increasingly globalising and automated world. We're gonna have self driving cars soon, do you know how many jobs that's gonna kill?

Imo capitalism is the seed of communism. Like Marx said capitalism drives automation(less labor cost to maximize profit) but at the cost of the labor force not having employment.

Automation and employment WILL come to a point where everyone has univeral base income because there is just too many people and robots have taken all but the most interpersonal jobs.

At that point we'll be like the people from Wall-E. I only real job is to consume until death.
>>
Augmentations like in deus ex so I wouldn't be disabled anymore
>>
File: 420 smoke cigar erryday.jpg (76KB, 853x468px) Image search: [Google]
420 smoke cigar erryday.jpg
76KB, 853x468px
>>25874983
Since you already took that spot ITT, can I be your Venom ? I too want to go to a different kind of heaven.
>>
File: great comet of 1882.jpg (71KB, 918x750px) Image search: [Google]
great comet of 1882.jpg
71KB, 918x750px
>to be born in 1896
>somewhere in England, Germany, or Ireland
>If England, then London or Liverpool, industrial type
>Ireland id like to be born in the rural areas
>if Germany i dont care, were united for the Fatherland
>picked date due to an astronomical alignment iv discovered revealing that if i were born in 1896, then i would be 18 in 1914, just in time to join the call to arms, more men!
>would enlist immediately
>iv chosen to be a loner in my life, i wont be going along with any school pals
>live out the war just because, the great war is sweet
>in this life i have astonishing luck, do not die or suffer threatening injuries

thats it really, guess im really into world war one
>>
>>25875293
>if i were born in 1896, then i would be 18 in 1914, just in time to join the call to arms, more men!
many people at the time enlisted under 18
>>
>>25875336
i think 15 or 16 was the youngest you could, but why the fuck would i want to do that. some little ass kid in the trenches. 18 is the prime age for fighting. that primal urge to hunt which Thoreau describes as our main reason to kill has reached its peak. so yeah 18 is the best age
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1200x1600px
To have a cat that doesn't wake me up at 3am every FUCKING DAY!!
>>
Man... I just wanna be omnipotent, with no strings attached. You could do whatever you wanted with nobody to stop you, although I wouldn't even be some Chaotic Evil dude who causes the apocalypse or whatever. I'd just try to fix up the world (for example, getting rid of pollution and global warming, etc.) then just cruise around the universe on a small planet-like domain with my friends and my custom-made, completely loyal, waifu.

I really don't know why people don't immediately go for omnipotence in scenarios like this.
>>
>>25875656
Because omnipotence would make things boring dude
You will literally be unable to think normally
You will be above worldly pleasures
You will think like a god
>>
>>25876039
Not if I force myself to think like a normal person, which is completely doable, because I'm omnipotent.
>>
>>25870732
live in a world of furries and have friends as the owner of a small shop
>>
>>25876075
I think omnipotence would shatter the 4th wall in your mind
Everything would get boring dude
get over it
Why you never see any omnipotent playing with their powers like a child?
>>
>>25875208
Do you think Saitama could one-punch Goku or Superman?
>>
>>25875284
How disabled are you and why, anon?
>>
>>25870732

I would like to stay immortal as long as I will my body to not age. Basically, total mental power over my body, enableing me to not eat, not drink, not age, not sleep until I would will my body to "release" and I'd instantly die of age/hunger/thrist/exertion.

I'd be a nameless wanderer, just observeing and seeing the world on food. Since I'd be a few hundred years old, everytime I'd show up I'd try to help someone with a piece of advice.
But I'd probably be taken captive by some military force and experimented on.
>>
>>25875656
Like the other dude said, it would be boring. That's why I (OP) said to rule the world. At least there's the excitement of still being a regular human being who can be surprised, rather that being so powerful that everything is monotonous. And I don't think you can just convince yourself that things aren't boring or w/e, unless you inject drugs into your system 24/7.
>>
>>25876245
>Why you never see any omnipotent playing with their powers like a child?
>What is the story of Job
>>
>>25876558
This is good. At least no fear of starving or dehydration. You could live in the middle of the desert if you're sick of people.
>>
I want to create a new world order based on humanity rejecting it's nature, fully embracing self controlled evolution and abolish all our animalistic tendencies.
I must sound like an autist, but I truly believe that this is the next step for us.
>>
>>25876384
If he has infinite strength as the creator himself said, Idk how goku fanboys can deny it
if goku was limitless he wouldn't need to transform
>>
>>25876609
OK, but you should at least choose Ultipotence, don't you think?
You are a omnipotent being in an adventure to discover how to use your limitless power, that would be much cooler, don't you think?
>>
I really want to be queen and rule over this misogynistic land
>>
>>25870732
My impossible dream is that humanity stops acting like superstitious assholes to one another, and we all live in peace.
>>
>>25876672
I'd just keep balance and watch. And real balance not this level. Kinda like the first world the machines made for the humans in the Matrix but then again you'd probably go through the same problem they did.

(first world was too "perfect" so machines had to actually make the world shittier because most humans can't live without stress)
>>
>>25876814
to add I just think humans are hilarious to watch. Most are like this grill to some extent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRNCk3YwqE
>>
>>25872524
that makes sense
like I said, my main focus would be on getting rail lines built, drugs legalized, and fun hating cunts out of politics/education
>>
>>25876814
That would be really hard to do
Just imagine waking up (or whatever omnipotent beings do) and thinking "fuck this shit" and the whole universe ends
Intrusive thoughts would be pretty dangerous kek
>>
>>25874995
>UK monarchs
>English
laughinggermans.jpg
>>
>>25870732
to be a pretty boy with a loving assertive tomboy gf
>>
>>25870792
krk
>>
File: f7824d144ef2f8cd791e1cfbbe7b5c3c.png (798KB, 999x1485px) Image search: [Google]
f7824d144ef2f8cd791e1cfbbe7b5c3c.png
798KB, 999x1485px
$6,425,000 and I'd be happy and set for life.
>>
>>25876643
Well

Major spoiler:
When Saitama fought Lord Boros, even though he was holding back, it still took him several punches. And t.b.h. Lord Boros didn't even seem as strong as the weakest villain in dbz so I wouldn't be so confident.

>inb4 fanboy
I probably like One-Punch Man better than dbz so there's that
>>
>>25876676
>muh soggy knees
shoo shoo roastie
roastie shoo shoo
shoo roastie shoo
SHOO ROASTIE SHOO
>>
>>25877102
Why railroads though? And even if you insist on railroads, why not bring the hyperloop to fruition?
>>
>>25877115
Wouldn't he be able to reassemble the universe in a split second? Also would omnipotence be that fickle to a human being who has control over all?
>>
>>25877519
No it didn't
He used ONE exact serious punch, it completely pierced through a >>25877519
dbz based energy attack that was going to destroy the earth, and the SHOCKWAVE completely killed Boros
>>
>>25877519
Man, that's exactly why I said "IF HE HAS INFINITE STRENGTH"
I don't really know how this is deniable?
If he has infinite strength he can punch through a fucking black hole
do you know what the fuck infinite means?
>>
To live a self reliant life completely detached and undisturbed by modern society.
>>
>>25877626
Well he punched a couple of times, maybe I misinterpreted his non-serious punches as serious ones. I believe after the battle he fights another enemy and the enemy dies in one punch, and Saitama exclaims something like: "Oh no, back to one punch!" as if he previously needed multiple punches and only now reverted back to the one punch. I don't know, that's just what I saw.

>>25877675
Chill bro, my comment was questioning the infinite strength part (i.e. the fact that it might've taken some minuscule effort to beat Boros).
>>
>>25878109
The fact that he has to switch to "serious" mode makes me wonder
His normal punches are probably light taps to him kek
Imagine when he switches to "enraged" or "batshit" mode
>>
>>25878190
>implying that's every going to happen
The only things that seem to upset him are forgetting about his discount shopping days or.
>>
>>25877692
Who doesn't want this? If you have a large forest nearby, just run in and never come back.
>>
living a happy life, maybe even with a house and a dog.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.