[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are we still reliant on electric companies when we can use

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 1452420338581.jpg (62KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452420338581.jpg
62KB, 600x720px
why are we still reliant on electric companies when we can use solar energy to power our homes instead?
>>
>>25863768
corporations..
>>
Because humans are greedy fucks.
>>
As I understand it, photovoltaic cells require some rare metals that make them impractical for that level of usage.
>>
>>25863768
Why do people still buy GMO foods when there's organic foods?
>>
>>25864068
Well GMO foods are superior to 'organic' foods, and you still pay for them both, the point of the thread is 'why are you paying for something you could get for free'
>>
>>25863768
because we need to kill arabs and we cannot kill arabs without the money necessary to kill arabs and we really, REALLY need to kill arabs
all of them preferably though im willing to accept most of them
>>
SIGN FOR SOLAR ENERGY
>>
why are you paying top dollar for a rare pepe collection when you could just draw your own pepes?
>>
File: 1366053944315.jpg (20KB, 386x306px) Image search: [Google]
1366053944315.jpg
20KB, 386x306px
DELETE THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW
>>
I went to a ocean side cabin way in the middle of nowhere once that used solar and gas generators. Wasnt very efficent the solar was only good for lights and the radio had to run the generator for tv and whatnot. They would probably need to cover the whole desert in solar panels but china mines the metals needed and they arent very eco friendly those chinamen
>>
File: 1447123195743.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1447123195743.gif
982KB, 320x287px
Here in belgium it is illegal to not be on the corporations electricity network
>>
>>25863768
A lot of it is storing the energy up for when the sun isn't shining. Batteries are expensive and require maintenance. It's expensive, it requires some skill to set up. Solar panels are not super efficient and actually lose more efficiency when they get too hot. I use to day dream about getting a job installing solar systems but you know whatever.
>>
>>25864164
fucking eurocucks lmao
>>
>>25864164
>>25864182
Im pretty sure its illegal in the US as well
>>
They cost a lot of money to install so only people with money to begin with can put them in, and depending on where you live it takes them years to pay for themselves.

But you can get to a point where you won't have to pay the electric company.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
I power my home with solar electricity and water heating
>>
>>25864112
>GMO
>tastes worse
>designed to self produce round-up
>bugs won't touch it for a reason
>"superior"
You're a dumb cuck
>>
You fell for the solar energy meme
>>
File: 1414176231720.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1414176231720.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>25865788
'organic' is still genetically modified by selective breeding, the only difference is that GMO's are modified in a lab.

You have literally no proof that they don't taste better, and you're biased and have placeboed yourself into think they taste bad, nearly every 'organic' food is genetically modified as well, and GMO's aren't labeled, so you wouldn't even know if what you're eating is genetically modified or not, which it is most likely genetically modified in both cases.

No, they're designed to be resistant to herbicides, they do not produce them. They 'self produce' a biological pesticide, which is a type of bacteria, that has been proven to be non toxic to mammals, bugs won't touch it because of said harmless pesticide.

I don't see how I'm a dumb cuck when you're the one who's fear mongering and spouting complete lies you read on Facebook instead of educating yourself.
>>
https://bestcompany.com/solar/?sp=bing&caid=SrGl&adg=He&kw=%2Bsolar%20panels%20for%20home&pid={placement}&mt=e&nid={network}&ap={adposition}&dt=c&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SolarGeneral&utm_term=%2Bsolar%20panels%20for%20home&utm_content=Home

go for it friend. if its better, than do it.
>>
>>25864195
You can live off the grid in america m8
>>
>>25863768
Well I live in Oregon Usa and for me it's because it's illegal. The electric company cucks the government. You can produce your own power using solar/wind/etc but you cannot "own/directly" use it, as you generate it you have to sell it to the electric company who then gives allots that much energy to you through their power lines. You produce 500w you sell that to the power company who gives you 500w "free". It's such bullshit.
>>
>>25866101
>not giving the consumers choices of rejecting morally bankrupt GMO seeds
it's like you like corporations suing farmers. fucking cuck.
>>
it has something to do with how wasteful people are.
it isn't sustainable.
>>
File: unidentifiedspecialneedschild.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
unidentifiedspecialneedschild.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>25866413
You didn't address any of his arguments and went straight for corporations. Just because corporations are fucking about being assholes doesn't invalidate the science or benefit of GMOs.

You can't just refuse science because "MY MORAL HORSE", you fucking retard.
>>
>>25866463
I can refuse to give money to entities that I don't like.
That is not possible without proper labeling, shill.
Don't be angry because I've got a valid reason for wanting GMO labeling.
>>
File: 966d5bf0cf47f4ed959418db80516fd0.png (242KB, 986x1008px) Image search: [Google]
966d5bf0cf47f4ed959418db80516fd0.png
242KB, 986x1008px
because not everyone lives in always sunny perfect weather California. even a cloudy day makes solar panels efficacy drop like crazy. The thing would be useless here in the north were we get snow for 4 months of the year.
>>
>>25866477
>accepts facebook meme "knawlidge" as truth
>too stupid to actually research rigorously tested peer-reviewed studies about GMOs
>moves the goalposts
>too lazy to investigate what he buys, wants to clearly label food so he doesn't have to think

fucking kill yourself, senpai
>>
>>25866549
>moves the goalposts
Hello, no I didn't, I'm a different anon.
You must be really butthurt.
>>
>>25863768
if in doubt: jews
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.