[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/, criminology student here. I'm doing my dissertation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: elliotrodgercar.jpg (328KB, 2500x1719px) Image search: [Google]
elliotrodgercar.jpg
328KB, 2500x1719px
Hey /r9k/, criminology student here. I'm doing my dissertation on Elliot Rodger and the Isla Vista killings.

I know many of you have a deep interest in him, so AMA. I might even learn a thing or two off you
>>
>>25848135
How pathetic was he on a scale from 3 to 9?
>>
>>25848155

He was not the greatest murderer to have ever lived by any means, but I'd say he was quite above average. I'll go with 3/5 on your scale.
>>
File: AndersBreivik.jpg (40KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
AndersBreivik.jpg
40KB, 620x387px
This guy was cool but anders breivik was better imo
>>
>>25848135
Is there anything he was good at?
>>
A more interesting topic would be why a bunch of stupid faggots idolize him.
>>
File: 1444208291081.png (822KB, 3300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444208291081.png
822KB, 3300x300px
>>25848135
Are you going to cite or thank us in your work and make us famous?
>>
>>25848135
You should instead show how multiple killers all fit the r9k profile of lonely virgin males who can't get pussy no matter how hard they try. It's very common.

People think that it's mental health failings that lead to these shootings, but it's actually feminism and sexual liberation.
>>
>>25848455
>Are you going to cite or thank us in your work and make us famous?

I will of course mention that he has a notable fanbase, like many other famous serial killers/mass murderers

>>25848418
see above, almost all famous killers have a loyal fan base, many killers will have a specific grievance, shared by thousands of others, and a significant minority of those will openly sympathise with the killer.
>>
>>25848135
I am interested to read or hear all that his peers had to say about what he was like
>>
>>25848631

I asked James Ellis if he would be willing to participate in an interview, but unfortunately he refused. Generally most of his peers wanted to distance/disassociate themselves from him after the attacks
>>
Do you have access to works written by him (such as the fantasy story mentioned in the Isla Vista investigative summary)? If you have read them, did you like them?
>>
>>25848135
You seem like a bad person and I hope you fail your degree.
>>
>>25848904
Not OP, but that's unneccessarily rude.
>>
>>25848817
>Do you have access to works written by him (such as the fantasy story mentioned in the Isla Vista investigative summary)? If you have read them, did you like them?

I don't have access to any primary evidence from the case, beyond an interview I did with one of the Officers from Santa Barbara County Sherrif's office.

Though the fantasy novel he wrote was not seized during investigation.
>>
>>25848722
>I asked James Ellis if he would be willing to participate in an interview
He sent the question to an email he saw posted on the internet somewhere.
>>
>>25848575
No one honestly cares or isnt trolling when they say they admire Elliot or others
>>
>>25848918
It's justified.
>>
>>25848969
Incorrect - When I was a depressed neet alcoholic fuck, I was a huge fan of eric harris and dylan klebold and I would have been a fan of this cunt too.
>>
>>25848969

You are absoluutely wrong, or course in the edgy environment of 4chan the serious admirers blend in with the trolls, but I imagine it's something like 50/50, with all the trolls assuming no one is serious.

Even I have quite a lot of sympathy for him compared with other killers.
>>
It's a psychological case. From a criminology standpoint there was near nothing to be done till the clean up phase. The only things anyone on the justice side of the system could have done to prevent it would have infringed on rights more then protect life.
>>
File: shooters.jpg (147KB, 1327x179px) Image search: [Google]
shooters.jpg
147KB, 1327x179px
Guys like him are the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of men who have similar frustrations, but will never do anything about them.
Add in a drop of mental illness, and to some extent access to guns, and some of those guys will start killing people.
>>
Do you know if he had Asperger's syndrome?
>>
>>25849179
People always cuss me out for saying this but I'm just gonna say it - I strongly believe I would have killed random people out of anger and frustration if I had easier access to guns. I had every intention to do a theatre shooting. I tried to buy them but it's difficult for an aspie in England.
>>
>>25849179
The media factor is huge too. Most of these people get off knowing that millions of people will be talking about them.
>>
Do you have new rare Elliots?
>>
>>25849273
Wanting to and planing are worlds from actually doing anything about it.

I'm an awesome shot with at least half a dozen people I could kill that would make my life easier but I couldn't get away with it.
>>
Did OP leave?
>>
>>25849208

He did indeed.

>>25849449
No, although that did actually affect my work slightly, because it confirmed many things Elliot said in his manifesto. Elliot has never told a lie in his manifesto from what other evidence we have.

>>25849648
No, I'm back
>>
Do you think something could have been done about Elliot? Or was he beyond redemption long before he went on this spree?
>>
>>25849859
He was long gone after he got pushed off the balcony.
>>
>>25849734
>He did indeed.
You have evidence?

>>25849893
When did he go?
>>
>>25849859

There are basically two types of mass killers. Those who are inclined to kill, then latch onto a grievance, and those who start with a grievance that escalates to murderous thoughts. Elliot was the latter so would not have murdered if his stress level was less.

His stress would have been reduced be either having a girlfriend himself, or not having to constantly witness other's public affection.
>>
>>25849926
When did he go over the edge, or when did he kill?
>>
>>25850031
When did he go over the edge?
>>
>>25849926
>You have evidence?

This was public knowledge right from the start,
>>
>>25848969
I legitimately sympathize with him and admire him for acting out and providing others with entertainment.
>>
http://es.slideshare.net/mobile/AJWeberman/roger-35353830

info about case
>>
>>25849964
So... Guy might of calmed down if he became a Hikikomori hermit?
>>
>>25850050
July 2013, so about a year before
>>
>>25849964
It was pretty much impossible for him to ever be able to get a girlfriend. He had far too many qualities about him that would scare any girl away. That, and he literally never had a chance, as he never once even talked to girls.

Maybe an arranged marriage or being forced to go on a set-up date would have helped?
>>
>>25850118
And that was the point he went beyond saving?
>>
>>25850089
>Guy might of calmed down if he became a Hikikomori hermit?

He was not the type to become a hikikomori though, he hated staying indoors for too long even when he was ill. He spent almost the entire day outside most days during his final weeks.

Elliot really was a 'perfect storm' just waiting to explode, none of these things alone would cause a person to mass murder, but they are all heavy straws on the camal's back

- Divorced parents
- Mixed race, with identity issues
- Short (adding to insecurity)
- Father was incredibly weak, and Elliot had no respect for him
- No sex or affection or love

The fact here that it was not just sex is why seeing a prostitute would only have helped partially

- Had to witness public affection constantly at college
- Had a very successful family, and therefore had a higher benchmark to aim for.
- Was about to end leave the safety net of college and enter the working world with few qualifications.

Elliot was materially well provided for, but mentally very strained, the most likely candidate for mass killer.
>>
I was at UCSB at the time. A sort-of friend of mine (we co-taught a class) was killed.

I guess I don't have anything to say about this, really, other than, fuck Rodger.

r9k forgets that the first thing he did was kill his shut-in housemates. With a fucking knife, too. It's not a good way to die.
>>
>>25848918
>Not OP, but that's unneccessarily rude.
> unneccessarily rude.
peter is that you?
>>
>>25850181
Yes, after that he decided to kill people and started planning it. He was going to do this by Halloween 2013 but realized there was going to be too many cops.
Also:
>Not reading the manifesto
>>
>>25850350

that was my immediate thought upon hearing "unneccessarily rude"
>>
>>25850278
That's actually really interesting. Did his personality and attitude towards society indicate that he may have committed suicide instead of going on a killing spree?
>>
>>25850359
I have read it. I just thought if there was some new information.
>>
>>25850302

I can't believe that a non-sociopath would be able to actually stab people in their sleep

shooting people I can get a bit more

I wish these guys had acted out against those who had actually wronged them though. what's the point in killing random people, not even stacies or chad, usually people most like them. shit it's like their still afraid to actually get one over on the people who've made them feel so shit, like they are still defined by what's happened to them so all they can do is redirect that anger towards innocents who they aren't intimated by
>>
>>25849464
I appreciate that. I didn't want to get away with it though lol I was suicidal
>>
have you listened to his 10 hour audio manifesto?
>>
>>25850375

People commit suicide when they believe they have caused their own suffering, people murder when they believe others are the cause of their suffering.

For example, a student who spends all his time partying then gets bad grades may be inclined to commit suicide, a student who studies hard and gets bad grades is more likely to kill others.
>>
>>25850468
>have you listened to his 10 hour audio manifesto?
jesus christ. have you?
>>
>>25850409
Then why didn't you know this?
>>
>>25850504
This induced a chuckle
>>
>>25850468

I did indeed. I read the manifesto to but found the audio book more comfortable
>>
>>25850538
>I did indeed. I read the manifesto to but found the audio book more comfortable
Oh god.
What is life?
>>
>>25850588
I've listened to it too
>>
>>25849734
Did Elliot have narcasstic personality disorder? Living with a personality disorder tricks you into believing everything is everyone else's fault. He couldn't handle the rejection, and was too aspie to be a good manipulator, so he exploded. Is this accurate?
>>
>>25850588

did you listen to?

I love the very odd occasions when he swears

>"Joey who they assigned to show me around. He was nice to me at first, but would soon turn out to be a rotten little prick"

>" I often call USC the university of spoiled cunts"
>>
File: gay.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
4KB, 225x225px
>tfw listening to elliot rodger's audio book while new order elegia plays
>>
File: georgia.jpg (34KB, 360x552px) Image search: [Google]
georgia.jpg
34KB, 360x552px
Here are some rare Georgias and Lichins
>>
>>25851736

Any lichins?
>>
>>25849071
>4chan the serious admirers blend in with the trolls
this
>>
File: kill.jpg (40KB, 750x608px) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
40KB, 750x608px
>>25849273
>I would have killed random people if I had easier access to guns
And I would have commited suicide if I wasn't such a faggot.
You have fantasies, not real plans...
>>
>>25848969
Wrong. I deeply admire Elliot. His actions serve as a glittering beacon in the darkness in the hellish world. Whores treated him like garbage and he retaliated accordingly. He didn't do a single thing wrong. I only wish he had killed more of them. What they did to him... to me... it's just so unfair. I think about the many ways others are superior to me, and how women love them for it, and it fulls me with an unquenchable fury. Why were they given such chances while I was not? Why are they allowed to benefit from these chances? They all deserve a worse hell than has ever been imagined.
>>
>>25852152

here here anon
>>
>>25849273
You would have anhero'd instead, you fucking bong pussy
>>
>>25850678
>Elliot Rodger
>calling anyone a spoiled cunt
>>
this is a terrible thread and you should feel bad sage in all fields
>>
>>25852152
DOWIT with a knife
>>
>>25852464
you should return to /b/ desu, it's obviously more your speed
>>
>>25852152
This. His only fault is not taking more out with him.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.