[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies like traveling so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: travel.jpg (520KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
travel.jpg
520KB, 849x565px
Why do normies like traveling so much?
>>
>>25768290
gives them shit to talk about and climb dat social ladder
>>
>>25768290
It's "cosmopolitan".
>>
>>25768332
>climb dat social ladder

So just like everything normies do, they do it for the approval of their peers and not for their own enjoyment.
>>
>>25768290
>tfw poor so never traveled anywhere outside of my country
>>
I'd fucking go everywhere if I had the money, I'm aspiring to understand like 10 languages or something and I'm on my way lol
>>
Everything everybody does is just a distraction from death.
>>
>>25768407
from all of the fucking travel blogs ive seen id say yes
I don't think anyone who travels doesn't end up making a blog
travelling 30 years ago was awesome
travelling today is too safe and too stupid
>>
>>25768290
>weather is hot af
>sweaty and sticky and feel uncomfortable and just want to be inside a shower rn
>heavy luggage
>blisters from walking around so much
>sunburnt
>food tastes weird
>thirsty and need to carry a bottle of water with you
>for every 2 hours of walking, you have to dedicate 30 mins to finding somewhere to take a piss
>bed feels uncomfortable and unusual, sleep poorly
>loud stupid tourists everywhere, you fear you might be one of them
how the fuck can anybody enjoy travelling aside from maybe a roadtrip in your car in your country, that lasts no longer than you reaching your destination in 10 hours?
>>
>>25768290
They're trying to out run the reality of a meaningless existence.
>>
>>25768407
>So just like everything normies do, they do it for the approval of their peers and not for their own enjoyment.
Yes, case closed. /r9k/ does it again.
>>
>>25768290
Because they can?

roblox
>>
>ITT: people trying to rationalize away the fact that NEET/robot life equals poverty
I travel because
1) it's nice to take a break from your normal environment
2) you get to see places and experience things you can't in your home country
3) some interesting conferences/events are scarcely scattered around the globe

And no, I haven't written a blog about it or any shared pictures in social media.

Funny (>>>/r9k/ related) story, you don't see many poor people on intercontinental flights. Domestic flights are pure horror for me as they're filled with proletariat scum. The difference is astounding, really.. poor people are much more often unnecessarily loud and inconsiderate towards others, and they look like shit (like they got their clothes from the dollar store).
>>
>>25768734
You mean like most people in international countries?
Have you ever taken a flight in India?
That shit is crazy
>>
'Cause it's actually fun, you guys should try it.
>>
>>25768589
>carries his own luggage outside the airport
>can't afford comfortable footwear
>can't buy a fresh bottle of water whenever you need from a local shop
>stays in a shitty hotel
You're doing it wrong.

>can't stand anything unfamiliar
>is unable to think ahead and apply sunscreen
>have to piss every 2 hours
These are things old people and children have in common.
>>
>>25768759
>international countries
wat
>Have you ever taken a flight in India?
Yeah, no. I lived with people from India when I was a student, I know better than to go to their subcontinent of subhuman manners, diarrhea and dirt.
>>
>>25768858
>carries his own luggage outside the airport
even the pic has people with bags, a map and a camera. and thats in a hot country.
>can't afford comfortable footwear
good point, gonna go get some crocs for when i go on a beach
>can't buy a fresh bottle of water whenever you need from a local shop
cheaper and quicker to buy a few big bottles in bulk
>stays in a shitty hotel
are you retarded
>can't stand anything unfamiliar
are you retarded
>is unable to think ahead and apply sunscreen
why are you so retarded
>have to piss every 2 hours
pls stop being retarded i beg
>>
>>25768589

>not going full blown animal mode and hopping trains and wearing the same clothes for weeks

faggot.
>>
>>25768919
>even the pic has people with bags, a map and a camera
That's not luggage, you dumb fuck.

>cheaper and quicker to buy a few big bottles in bulk
And then lug them around, when you carrying a lot of weight is such a problem to you?
>wtfareyoutalkingabout.mkv

Sure, I'm the retarded one. Have fun spending the weekend in your momma's basement.
>>
>>25768999

does logic not run in your family or something my man
>>
>>25769029
I guess not. That's why I'm an engineer who gets to travel the world and you spend your days shitposting on r9k.
>>
>>25768290
Fuck you op

Traveling is literally one last thing that still brings me joy in life
>>
I'd fucking kill to travel but I have work and school and not enough money to go that far. Traveling is a luxury.
>>
>>25769056

i stand correct then
>>
>>25769095
>Traveling is a luxury.
Shhh, you can't say that here. These guys work hard to delude themselves that all they need is ramen and chinese cartoons, and that everything else is >>25768332 >>25768407
>>
>tfw work for an international hotel company
>have the mythical Flight Attendant buddy pass
>travel literally anywhere for next to nothing at all

I try not to use it too much, though, since my friend ends up paying the taxes on the tickets.

Travel is kind of a meme, but also kind of not. You can enjoy it but, you won't really enjoy it alone.

so yeah, friends required.
>>
>>25769150
Ramen, tendies, animu and vidya give me more enjoyment than going to a place I can view on google maps without the annoying tourists and weather.

If you like traveling, good for you, but now in the social media age it seems like most people travel just to share pics of their "adventures" on social media or some blog and to talk about it on the company gatherings.
>>
>>25768290
travelling is fucking god tier

the most basic normies just take thier two week package holiday in spain (bi)annually.
>>
>>25769199
>You can enjoy it but, you won't really enjoy it alone.
I disagree. Going alone to a beach resort or some desolate place, sure, you need company, but you can keep yourself busy in cities. You don't need friends for that.

>>25769237
>Ramen, tendies, animu and vidya give me more enjoyment than going to a place I can view on google maps without the annoying tourists and weather.
Have you ever traveled as an adult? Sounds like you haven't.

>now in the social media age it seems like most people travel just to share pics of their "adventures" on social media or some blog and to talk about it on the company gatherings
This is what is called a subject-motive shift.
>protip: it's a fallacy
>>
File: oculus-street-view.png (2MB, 1622x1025px) Image search: [Google]
oculus-street-view.png
2MB, 1622x1025px
Oh man in a few years we'll be cybertraveling.

Occulus + 360 video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-aOVE22lEw

Crank the heater up and lay on a caribbean beach or guided tours of the Louvre, while you're really just huddled up in the corner of your rundown empty apartment. It'll be great.
>>
>>25769240

what do you enjoy about it? what do people do? just trying to understand
>>
Traveling is fun.
But don't even bother if you just want to see "sights", that's a goddamn waste of time.
>>
I imagine most normies like it because they get to slut it up with strangers without itthe consequences following them back home.
>>
>EVERY THREAD: normies this and normies that [insert deflected bullshit]
Wow, >>>/r9k/ is even more retarded than >>>/b/. That is saying a LOT.

Fuck this, I'm outta here. Fuck and your sub-median IQ garbage you call opinions.
>>
>>25769402
You can get some disease from a foreign whore, that's a big consequence.
>>
Traveling with a light backpack to eastern countries looks nice.

Why? To see what the world looks like at other places
>>
>>25769320
>virtual traveling with my waifu

Future looks so bright.
>>
File: image.jpg (852KB, 1944x2916px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
852KB, 1944x2916px
Because its interesting to go and see shit different from your environment and get a break and explore.

As someone who studies History as well, I love learning about other countries history too.
>>
>>25768290
To meet other normies and see how they live so they themselves can learn how to be more normie.
>>
>>25768290
I like it aswell allthough not normie. The sense of adventure and random encounters are what makes it great. Of course i travel alone and only do it for my own enjoyment when i do
>>
>>25768589
>Traveling in the summer
>>
So you can post your pics on Facebook and make all those "friends" jealous of your cool life and adventures. Don't forget to bring your selfie stick.
>>
>>25768589
Literally everything you said is wrong. You don't have to travel to a warm country. You don't need any luggage. You don't need to walk anywhere. You don't need to be around tourists. There are millions of different ways of traveling.

I've cycled across 8 countries (total 3000 km). None of these countries were particularly warm. I hardly had an luggage, aside from some clothes and a tent. I didn't walk at all. I didn't see any tourists. And I didn't write a blog about it.
>>
>>25769346
I just enjoy seeing new stuff and having that feeling of being on the other side of the Earth, I suppose.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.